• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miniature Gaming-Age (WH40k, Warmachine, Etc.)

Leunam

If I were to paint those runes the way you want I'd definitely go with white and then thinned purple ink. There is definitely going to be some cleanup afterwards with brown.

Palmer_v1

Hey any chance y'all can help me out with a painting problem? I'm working on this guy (Circle Orboros Woldwrath). Bigass stone dude animated by magic. Trick is I use purple instead of green for magic runes throughout my army. This is a problem because also:

I don't like the grey stone and went with a kind of brown formica. So I sank some of my standard purple into a rune panel as a test and my purple is way too dark to show against the brown, especially since it's inset and therefore shadowed from most angles.

Not sure what to do here. If I *was* painting green, I'd probably just make a green mix heavier on yellow to brighten it against a blue-ish grey. Trouble is, my stone color has both blue and red tones in it so I don't know if leaning more toward one or the other will help me.

I considered sinking some white into the runes first, then following with a thin-ish purple wash? But I'm worried I'll end up slopping white out of the runes and that'll be messy. Also, this is a big model with tons of runes so I'd like this to not be toooo time-intensive, but I suppose if I get a good solution that's onerous to execute, I'll just only do it asymmetrically on a few prominent panels, as though only some of them are "active" at any given time. Worst case is just strip or paint over the brown, I'm definitely married to purple.

Thoughts?

Are your other Wolds the same color scheme? How did they come out?

I don't really have any useful suggestion, unfortunately. I just don't think purple will stand out much from that brown.

This big fucker is one of the few models I've ever painted before assembling. I primed gray, than slathered on the blue runes without caring if I went out of bounds a little, than dry brushed the kind of white weathered look to the whole thing. Here's some pics(guest appearances by a Galleon, Earthbreaker, and Sacral Vault). Quoting because they're huge pics apparently:

v7nH0nf.jpg

HpsZcoz.jpg

and for anyone that cares, this is the studio scheme:

72067_Woldwrath_WEB.jpg

Edit: Actually, how are you going to make all the wood bits stand out against this stone color as well?

Thoughts?

Brown and purple are not really complimentary or contrasting colors. If you want to maintain that combination, you'll need to lighten up the brown first with some very light brown dry brushing or something. You could also go with a yellow or orange color shift too. Anything to get away from the chocolate brown.

Once you have a lighter color to contrast, you should be able to use a light purple for the runes.

Brakke

Banned
Hmm thanks guys. I'mma try to brighten the brown with some dry brush but I guess what I actually need to do is abandon it. I've never actually stripped a model, I wonder if it will be ok to just lay on some grey without starting to mess up the detail.

Are your other Wolds the same color scheme? How did they come out?

I've done purple before but all my other worlds are different stone bases. I have a marbley guy and a couple slate grey guys.

Edit: Actually, how are you going to make all the wood bits stand out against this stone color as well?

Wood is easy, I've done a white birch for wood before. And I've done this brown base before with Shifting Stones that didn't have any glow on them at all. So I held up the stone and the wood references next to each other and said "hey that'll work" but didn't think through the runes.

You could also go with a yellow or orange color shift too. Anything to get away from the chocolate brown.

Once you have a lighter color to contrast, you should be able to use a light purple for the runes.

Oh shit! Sandstone isn't a bad idea. Maybe I'll go for that. Really tryna avoid grey...

Palmer_v1

Brown and purple are not really complimentary or contrasting colors. If you want to maintain that combination, you'll need to lighten up the brown first with some very light brown dry brushing or something. You could also go with a yellow or orange color shift too. Anything to get away from the chocolate brown.

Yeha, I like that idea. Something like this, maybe:

00105-IMG_5703-sandstone.jpg

I'd be hesitant to just reprime over the current color btw. Risk losing a lot of the cracks in the stone, in addition to some of the smaller runes.

The boxed game appears to be sold out everywhere online in the UK and GW is saying on Facebook that they're not releasing more physical copies - argh! They've promised a digital version of the rulebook, but I'd rather have physical :( I'll have to try a brick and mortar but I only have 2 retailers within my area and I doubt they'll have much stock.

We're getting 4 boxes in the shop, they just went up for pre-order in the store yesterday.

3 of them are already sold.

manfestival

so I played my first game in a long time of 40k today

my demon prince turned into a chaos spawn like two turns in

g

g
Sorry ahead of time but.... ahahahahahahah

I have yet yo see that but that is priceless. I remember this guy deep striking a death star unit having a mishap and losing it.

Just went up for pre-order today actually, lol. Sold out everywhere online in the UK in a few hours, and I believe GW's US store was sold out in less than an hour (and they limit it to 1 per customer).

I managed to get my name down for one with a FLGS though :D

The hell is wrong with them

Outside of things we can't know about (printing problems etc), it feels like a Nintendo tactic. Limited supply to drive up consumer interest, and clear the entire stock ASAP to maximise day 1 takings for the product.

Except like Nintendo they've massively underestimated demand, and are therefore leaving some decent revenue on the table. Which is even more strange, as they've made the IMO smart decision to make SWFA based on existing miniatures from 40K (thereby not requiring new sculpts to be comissioned and reducing entry costs for most players, and meaning almost any 40k player has a kill team to use alread)), and having terrain that can be readily used in 40k matches (again widening its appeal and therefore sales potential).

Also, any good wargaming forums? I used to post on Warseer back in the day, but from what I can tell it got hacked, and seems like a shadow of its former self? Dakka Dakka seems to be the most active, and LOTR specifically the One Ring is still around (barely). Any good recommendations for active communities?

Honestly, for wargaming I think forums have kinda taken a back seat to social media these days - WarSeer is definitely not what it once was, I still visit Dakka from time to time and I check a few subreddits too. Facebook groups and the GW Facebook pages are very active these days for GW stuff, there's a great AoS community on Twitter too. Instagram is a real hive of activity for miniature painters, and YouTube is king for tutorials, battle reports etc.

BTW, Shadow War: Armageddon has switched from 'sold out' to 'temporarily out of stock' -
thumb_Screenshot_2017-04-04_14.51.23.png

NEO0MJ

So I was wondering, what are some recommended beginner sets for Warhammer Sigmar/40K? I'm mostly interested in the Necron look
Other than paint what supplies could I need?

So I was wondering, what are some recommended beginner sets for Warhammer Sigmar/40K? I'm mostly interested in the Necron look

AoS Starter Box is a crazy good deal but there's not really anything Necron looking in Sigmar (except maybe Death - and the Death Start Collecting boxes are amazing).

40K Start Collecting boxes can get a you a decent army relatively quickly and cheaply. I don't play Necrons so not sure how well their box is balanced. A good intro to 40K would be Kill Team. Smaller forces means you get into games faster (don't have to buy/assemble/paint so many models). Shadow War is shaping up to be another gateway into 40K with smaller unit sizes but there's quite a few rules differences between the games.

You'll need a pair of clippers to cut the pieces from the sprues and either a good X-Acto knife or mold line remover to clean them up afterward (usually you'll end up with a little bit leftover that you'll want to trim off). A bottle of plastic cement and/or super glue (I don't buy the GW brand stuff, you can get the same damn thing - Testors brand - from Hobby Lobby and the like for half the price or less).

And then, depending on if you want to get fancy with bases, some regular PVA glue (Elmers works fine) and some grit and/or flock.

Yeah the Age of Sigmar starter set is worth picking up. The 40K starter set, Dark Vengeance is pretty great value but be aware the new edition is just around the corner and will likely have a newer set with updated rules so you may wish to hold off on 40K til the second half of the year, or just focus on a small Start Collecting force.

If you have a local hobby store, ask one of the staff and they'll help you pick out what you need to get started. Generally yeah you'll want clippers and glue alongside your models as a minimum to get them assembled. And I'd strongly recommend a spray primer rather than hand-painting your undercoat for a nicer result.

At an indie store a starter set and tools/paints may cost around £80-100 depending on how much equipment you want to start with!

Honestly, for wargaming I think forums have kinda taken a back seat to social media these days - WarSeer is definitely not what it once was, I still visit Dakka from time to time and I check a few subreddits too. Facebook groups and the GW Facebook pages are very active these days for GW stuff, there's a great AoS community on Twitter too. Instagram is a real hive of activity for miniature painters, and YouTube is king for tutorials, battle reports etc.

BTW, Shadow War: Armageddon has switched from 'sold out' to 'temporarily out of stock' -
thumb_Screenshot_2017-04-04_14.51.23.png

Damn. I mean social media is alright, but i enjoy​ the community and partial anonymity that comes with forums like this one.

I might set up an Instagram and Pinterest account though ( and join Dakka) and YouTube certainly seems to be coming up Milhouse with good content. Even GWs official offering is very well done!

Glad to see there's a decent chance more stock is coming for shadow war too. Hopefully everyone after a copy gets the chance to buy one.

Question: I've never played any of the games I've collected, but I'm interested in how Age of Sigmar works in terms of army books. I read that they aren't needed in the same way these days, and 'warscrolls' are used for stats? How does it all work? What's the advantage of army books for the system these days then apart from fluff?

Interested because the rumours suggest 40k will be moving to a similar system this year.

Question: I've never played any of the games I've collected, but I'm interested in how Age of Sigmar works in terms of army books. I read that they aren't needed in the same way these days, and 'warscrolls' are used for stats? How does it all work? What's the advantage of army books for the system these days then apart from fluff?

Interested because the rumours suggest 40k will be moving to a similar system this year.

The base games rules and individual unit stats (warscrolls) are all free. You can effectively play an entire game without spending a dime on books.

However...

The General's Handbook is, IMO, a must buy - and only $25. It contains some decent scenarios, multiplayer rules (2v2 and 1v1v1), Path to Glory rules (narrative campaigns), Allegiance abilities and items (additional bonuses for armies, general abilities, and items for heroes within each major Allegiance) and... matched play points.

The individual army books vary in usefulness. The older ones mostly just have the unit's free warscrolls reprinted in book format (if that's your thing). They also tend to have a few Warscroll Battalions (special bonuses for taking specific themed army combinations) that you can't get anywhere but the book or the app (not free on there either). The newer army books since the General's Handbook release have been a little better because they seem to have more Warscroll Battalions and additional Allegiance abilities and items for your army. They aren't must-buys, by any means, but it does give you some more options for additional bonuses to your army.

The fluffier Realmgate Wars books (not the actual novels of the same name) are about 75% story fluff with a handful of interesting scenarios mixed in. The group I play with regularly is currently working through The Quest for Ghal Maraz scenarios to see what we like playing for a potential future narrative campaign.

I personally really liked the Eldritch Mist scenario (every piece of terrain is surrounded by mist and you can't see through - even in melee, units can't charge into or out of the mist, wizards can remove mist temporarily, and units will sometimes be lost in the mist entirely). It was a lot of fun to have random units just disappear. My opponent lost one of his Varanguard to the Mist and it was amazing.

Another really fun scenario is the one where you are fighting in a quagmire (same book as above) and each turn every unit rolls to see whether they sink into the bog. Heroes and Monsters get stuck for 1 turn (cannot move or charge) but everything else loses D3 models. It gets progressive easier to sink into the bog as the turns progress. On turn 5, the last 4 units on the board all sunk into the mud together and died simultaneously. Absolutely hilarious ending to a really fun game.

Looks like the Shadow War terrain pieces are being broken into their own sets and released pretty soon. 5 different pieces coming over the next two months. 3 in April and 2 more in May.

I've also heard a 'rumor' that the Shadow War rules are coming out digitally tomorrow or Friday, just before official launch.

So if you want to get your Necromunda on, have a little patience and avoid those damn eBay scalpers ($220!) for now.

NEO0MJ

AoS Starter Box is a crazy good deal but there's not really anything Necron looking in Sigmar (except maybe Death - and the Death Start Collecting boxes are amazing).

40K Start Collecting boxes can get a you a decent army relatively quickly and cheaply. I don't play Necrons so not sure how well their box is balanced. A good intro to 40K would be Kill Team. Smaller forces means you get into games faster (don't have to buy/assemble/paint so many models). Shadow War is shaping up to be another gateway into 40K with smaller unit sizes but there's quite a few rules differences between the games.

You'll need a pair of clippers to cut the pieces from the sprues and either a good X-Acto knife or mold line remover to clean them up afterward (usually you'll end up with a little bit leftover that you'll want to trim off). A bottle of plastic cement and/or super glue (I don't buy the GW brand stuff, you can get the same damn thing - Testors brand - from Hobby Lobby and the like for half the price or less).

And then, depending on if you want to get fancy with bases, some regular PVA glue (Elmers works fine) and some grit and/or flock.

Yeah the Age of Sigmar starter set is worth picking up. The 40K starter set, Dark Vengeance is pretty great value but be aware the new edition is just around the corner and will likely have a newer set with updated rules so you may wish to hold off on 40K til the second half of the year, or just focus on a small Start Collecting force.

If you have a local hobby store, ask one of the staff and they'll help you pick out what you need to get started. Generally yeah you'll want clippers and glue alongside your models as a minimum to get them assembled. And I'd strongly recommend a spray primer rather than hand-painting your undercoat for a nicer result.

At an indie store a starter set and tools/paints may cost around £80-100 depending on how much equipment you want to start with!

Thanks for answering my questions.

Truth is, I'm not sure if I'll even play these. Don't think any of my friends are interested and I'm not sure if there's a local community for this stuff. I only know of one hobby store and while it seems they might have a few Warhammer stuff the shop's main focus is trading card games and what few miniature games they have are as I recall very overpriced so I think I'll order from overseas, which means that any liquid supplies are not an option.

Originally I've been eyeing the Necron Immortals set to warm up. IMO they're the coolest faction in the 40K as I love the space skeleton look.
However looking at the Star Collecting sets it really does seem like they offer great value for money (the large unit that comes with it costs like 3/4 of the undle alone), but the Necron set is pretty lame due to having too many copies of a single unit without the option for customizing them like most other factions.

Might go for the Skeleton Horde set. Comes with a lot of cool and unique stuff plus if I think I'm good enough later I can move on to Nagash, which looks super cool. Probably the most awe inspiring thing on their site. The other option is the Orks set.

Other than the glue it seems I'm good tools wise thanks to already working with model kits. Colors might be a problem but I'll look into that later.

manfestival

Thanks for answering my questions.

Truth is, I'm not sure if I'll even play these. Don't think any of my friends are interested and I'm not sure if there's a local community for this stuff. I only know of one hobby store and while it seems they might have a few Warhammer stuff the shop's main focus is trading card games and what few miniature games they have are as I recall very overpriced so I think I'll order from overseas, which means that any liquid supplies are not an option.

Originally I've been eyeing the Necron Immortals set to warm up. IMO they're the coolest faction in the 40K as I love the space skeleton look.
However looking at the Star Collecting sets it really does seem like they offer great value for money (the large unit that comes with it costs like 3/4 of the undle alone), but the Necron set is pretty lame due to having too many copies of a single unit without the option for customizing them like most other factions.

Might go for the Skeleton Horde set. Comes with a lot of cool and unique stuff plus if I think I'm good enough later I can move on to Nagash, which looks super cool. Probably the most awe inspiring thing on their site. The other option is the Orks set.

Other than the glue it seems I'm good tools wise thanks to already working with model kits. Colors might be a problem but I'll look into that later.
There is like nobody at my local store that plays death but I say orks all the way. Especially if the rumors are true about 8th edition. Maybe they can finally be the melee race everyone wants them to be! I at tau so these supposed melee rules would have no effect on me

NEO0MJ

Like I said, I don't think I'll be playing, this will probably be just for the joy of building and painting them :p

Also,I'm kinda intimidated by the Orks. They seem to have a lot of details.

Ohnonono

If they give me an actual physical rulebook for this game outside of the boxed set then I am for sure starting a Genestealer group, and then gonna decide on a second.

Xis

Like I said, I don't think I'll be playing, this will probably be just for the joy of building and painting them :p

Also,I'm kinda intimidated by the Orks. They seem to have a lot of details.

I've been painting Orks, and can confirm that they require a lot of attention due to all the details. I am also painting them as Bad Moons (yellow armor) and the yellow makes them even more difficult to work with.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you; I've been painting 40K miniatures just for the fun of it. Alternating between Eldar and Orks for variety. One bit of advice I would give: buy the stuff you think looks cool, not the stuff that is cheap. The start collecting boxes are great values, but give you an instant backlog and also would take (me) a couple months to paint. Spending a little extra on individual units gives more flexibility and cost isn't too bad if it takes a few weeks to paint each.

If they give me an actual physical rulebook for this game outside of the boxed set then I am for sure starting a Genestealer group, and then gonna decide on a second.

They need to do a physical release of the rules. Digital is going to kill any traction the game has. People want physical books when playing these games, you rarely see anyone with tables or digital copies at events/gamestores

Right out of the gate, I already have models for the following teams:

Ultramarine Scouts
Blood Angels Scouts
Tyranids
Eldar
Chaos Space Marines
Chaos Cultists
Genestealer Cult
Orks

This game gave me huge incentive to get them all painted up!

RMI

Banned
Hi guys, new to this thread but have been playing miniature games off and on for 20 years give or take.

Right now I am really into Horus Heresy and am painting Death Guard

Interested in Shadow Wars Armageddon and somewhat curious about AoS. Have a bunch of tyranid models that I never painted for 40k for reasons. Also just recently picked up one of the Infinity 2 player starters but it hasn't come yet. That game seems cool.

Anybody in this thread in Western/Central New York?

Are Space Marines or Gene Stealers from Space Hulk useful for any of this new stuff?

The Space Hulk SM are Blood Angel terminators, you can use them as such in pretty much any 40k game. If you want to play them as a different chapter, you might want to do some slight mods to some of them as the models have a few Blood Angel icons on them. Painting them different chapter colors works to an extent too. The Genestealers are useful for any 40k game also

Mikeside

Right out of the gate, I already have models for the following teams:

Ultramarine Scouts
Blood Angels Scouts
Tyranids
Eldar
Chaos Space Marines
Chaos Cultists
Genestealer Cult
Orks

This game gave me huge incentive to get them all painted up!

That'll keep you plenty busy!

I've got a Skitarii team I'm going to use. Got them all based up right now - just waiting on an extra arc rifle from eBay then i can start painting!

Leunam

Just bought a box of Tau Pathfinders just for something to assemble and paint. Was a fun kit to put together.

I like that box. Tau have some great weapon design and you get a nice variety with Pathfinders.

That'll keep you plenty busy!

I've got a Skitarii team I'm going to use. Got them all based up right now - just waiting on an extra arc rifle from eBay then i can start painting!

I'm running Skitarii too, but I last night I put together five Chaos Marines so I can run Night Lords. I'll be picking up my copy of the game later and then hopefully at least get an undercoat going on these guys before tomorrow.

NEO0MJ

I've been painting Orks, and can confirm that they require a lot of attention due to all the details. I am also painting them as Bad Moons (yellow armor) and the yellow makes them even more difficult to work with.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you; I've been painting 40K miniatures just for the fun of it. Alternating between Eldar and Orks for variety. One bit of advice I would give: buy the stuff you think looks cool, not the stuff that is cheap. The start collecting boxes are great values, but give you an instant backlog and also would take (me) a couple months to paint. Spending a little extra on individual units gives more flexibility and cost isn't too bad if it takes a few weeks to paint each.

I actually do like the design of the Death faction, though I understand what you mean.
It's tough deciding with so many choices, though. i think I might leave this for later as I have too much stuff to deal with for now.

Fou-Lu

I like that box. Tau have some great weapon design and you get a nice variety with Pathfinders.

I think as long as I don't plan on playing the actual game I will just buy a kit here and there that looks fun to assemble.

My list of future kits to buy:
-Tyranid Hive Tyrant or a box of Warriors
-Dark Eldar Scourges or Kabalite Warriors
-Necron Lychguard
-Skitarii Rangers or Sicarians

Any suggestions on which to go with and maybe other kits that would be more fun to assemble from the same armies?

I can always expand one of them with start collecting box if I suddenly feel the need to.

Leunam

I'm a big fan of the Skitarii. If you were to ask me, I'd tell you that you can't go wrong with anything in their range.

The Rust Stalkers/Infiltrators in particular are pretty cool, and are a good display of how far Skitarii forces are willing to go in order to enhance their combat capabilities and shed their frail flesh in service of the Machine God. Their Vanguard and Rangers are an awesome mix of rifles that look like old world flint locks and super heated Plasma coils.

Putting together the first piece of terrain from the new box set.

It is absolutely amazing. Really excited for the next wave of releases to build it up even more.

Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to finish it today, since I'm off to play a 6-player Treachery AoS game for likely the rest of the day. For some reason, when this hobby rains, it pours. Because the damn Dwarves are coming later this month too. I don't have enough time or money for all these things.

I think as long as I don't plan on playing the actual game I will just buy a kit here and there that looks fun to assemble.

My list of future kits to buy:
-Tyranid Hive Tyrant or a box of Warriors
-Dark Eldar Scourges or Kabalite Warriors
-Necron Lychguard
-Skitarii Rangers or Sicarians

Any suggestions on which to go with and maybe other kits that would be more fun to assemble from the same armies?

I can always expand one of them with start collecting box if I suddenly feel the need to.

I had much fun making a custom hive tyrant / Swarmlord from the kit, and the other big Tyranids lool great too.

Leunam

Got my first game of SWA in today.

I ran Night Lords against Grey Knights. I was able to bring my Champ, one marine with a Bolter, one with pistol and combat blade, a specialist with a flamer, and three cultists with autoguns.

My Champion was my first casualty because he got shot then fell and had to take an armor save. Loser. My marine with a Bolter got lost on his way to outflank the Knights and ended up never getting a clear shot. Two of my cultists made nice distractions while the flamer and other close combat marine crept up. Once my CQC Marine got his hands on them it was pretty much over. Never lost combat until he got jumped by the Justicar at the same time he was dealing with another Knight. Went down like a true champ. In my eyes that's the dude that's leading my strike force now.

Ended up winning because the Knights bottled. Not a fast game but definitely not as long as a 1000 point game of 40k would be either. I'm hoping they go ahead with their plans of a SWA league because my boys need to put the hurt on some fools.

Brakke

Banned
Finally got some time to return to this rock man today.

The surface was mostly too irregular (and my technique mostly too bad) to get a ton of visible brush strokes for making it look stratified, but I'm overall pretty pleased with the texture and color. And since I was chasing brushstrokes by drybrushing, almost all the carved runes show the dark brown. I think I'll just repair the ones I slopped into and only purple-up some accents (model has a couple gems, I'll make the eyesockets on the head glow, etc). Then just clean up the wood (keep it brown, maybe push it a little mossy-green?), do the ropes and vines, and be done.

Palmer_v1

The surface was mostly too irregular (and my technique mostly too bad) to get a ton of visible brush strokes for making it look stratified, but I'm overall pretty pleased with the texture and color. And since I was chasing brushstrokes by drybrushing, almost all the carved runes show the dark brown. I think I'll just repair the ones I slopped into and only purple-up some accents (model has a couple gems, I'll make the eyesockets on the head glow, etc). Then just clean up the wood (keep it brown, maybe push it a little mossy-green?), do the ropes and vines, and be done.

Looks much better!

Fou-Lu

I'm a big fan of the Skitarii. If you were to ask me, I'd tell you that you can't go wrong with anything in their range.

The Rust Stalkers/Infiltrators in particular are pretty cool, and are a good display of how far Skitarii forces are willing to go in order to enhance their combat capabilities and shed their frail flesh in service of the Machine God. Their Vanguard and Rangers are an awesome mix of rifles that look like old world flint locks and super heated Plasma coils.

The Skitarii have really grabbed my eye recently. They are so classically sci-fi while staying distinctly 40k.

I had much fun making a custom hive tyrant / Swarmlord from the kit, and the other big Tyranids lool great too.

I used to be a Tyranid player and I have never enjoyed putting together and painting minis more than them. That new Hive Tyrant kit looks amazing and I would gladly spend days with it.

In other news I have been looking at the new Runewars game by FFG and I would like to give it a try someday. While I don't play X-wing much any more and had my issues with it, I can imagine how well the system will work for infantry blocks and it has me excited. The infantry looks uninspired but I am a big fan of the monsters they have shown so far.

Looks great now!

Experien

Thinking on starting on some Wyrd Miniatures tomorrow. Anyone have glue recommendations? I ordered some Guerilla Glue or whatever it is called. The only sprue stuff I have done in the past was Shadows of Brimstone.

Couple more Zombicide minis under my belt. This is the one my daughter picked out to represent herself. I then painted it to her specs, lol.

IMG_8892.jpg

Finally, here she is with the last 3 dogs. They're all done, finally!

IMG_8891.jpg

I feel really good where I am taking a break from Zombicide in order to crank out a few Shadow War teams. I have everything painted to play the entire game + all expansions (except for the skinner zombies) for 6 players. I will return to Zombicide ASAP.

Thinking on starting on some Wyrd Miniatures tomorrow. Anyone have glue recommendations? I ordered some Guerilla Glue or whatever it is called. The only sprue stuff I have done in the past was Shadows of Brimstone.

Guerilla is real strong stuff, it's fine for the minis. Just be careful and light with the stuff, once its bonded it's really hard to separate the parts

Fou-Lu

I am thinking of selling the Dark Elves I never assembled to either fund some Shadow Aelves when they come out, or just some random sets to assemble, what do you guys think I can get for them?

I have the Dark Elf Battallion on sprues (that comes with 12 spearelves, 16 crossbow elves, 5 cold one knights and 20 corsairs) minus one warrior and one corsair which are assembled, a box of Cold One Knights that is assembled, and a metal Hydra.

Mikeside

Recently I've mostly been painting up my Walking Dead minis.

The models themselves are great and i think I'm actually getting a lot better

Only a handful of walkers to go then I'll move onto my Skitarii Shadow War team

Faiz

Started trimming a Blood Reaver this afternoon and discovered one of the spikes on his shoulder is gone. Nowhere to be found. Considering just clipping them, all off now....

Another survivor/zombivor down. I had no real intentions of doing more right now, but he was quick and looks good with the group.

IMG_8897.jpg

I'm waiting until the weekend to swap Zombicide for 40k at the painting station. I'll try and knock what I can out of Zombicide until then. Maybe a figure a night? The full swap out will be pretty epic. I have a lot of 40k boxes/games/bits!

Top Bottom