• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 3 appear on CVs

One LinkedIn user, Michael Joseph C., states that he “provided video game prototype, design and demo feedback on various AAA titles including the Battlefield: Bad Company 3, Dead Space 2, Devil May Cry 5 and other unannounced titles”, between 2009 and 2011.

Meanwhile, the profile of an ex-EA Software Engineer states that he worked on Mirror’s Edge 2 between July and August 2009, implementing “the wandering of crowd system within Unreal3 engine”.

Another ex-employee says that he was tasked with implementing “new gadgets and interactive features” into Mirror’s Edge 2, including “leaderboards” and a “mini-game embedded into mirror’s edge game story”.

http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox/news-xbox/battlefield-bad-company-3-mirrors-edge-2-linkedin.html

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I'm sort of optimistic about BFBC3 since it exists. Mirror's Edge will be ruined (for those who enjoyed the first game).

epmode

It's going to be awful when Mirror's Edge 2 is confirmed to be Origin exclusive. It might be even harder to skip than Mass Effect 3.

edit: Or it was just canceled! Same difference.

Meh at Bad Company 3. Just give me more BF3 stuff.

Mirror's Edge 2 in 2009? It's been cancelled then.

:(

They had a really small team working on it just trying out stuff so it's normal they didn't do much to get it released, I don't think that means its canceled. They know they have a very faithful fanbase for Mirrors Edge and I really doubt Mirrors Edge 2 isn't happening eventually.

It's ok to be wrong, you don't have to apologize

I don't think he's wrong. I loved Mirror's Edge. It was unique, aesthetically pleasing, and provided closure. It's done. I don't think there should be another one. It's too easy, with games, to say, "oh man I totally want a sequel it would be awesome!" But you have to start thinking of it like you would a good movie. Sometimes things are just better off left finished.

Bad Company 3, on the other hand, would be a godsend, IMO. Sequels for multiplayer games are different. They reinvigorate the community. Of course, there's the campaign component of Bad Company, which is very enjoyable, but I vastly preferred both Bad Company games to Battlefield 3. Better maps, more destruction, and the guns just felt better. Battlefield 3 feels very...stiff, in a lot of ways, from the campaign to the way the guns feel to even the graphical style. Bad Company and Bad Company 2 seemed to take themselves less seriously, if even just a little bit. It was a nicer experience, in my opinion. I'd hope for a return to that, instead of just a Bad Company-ified BF3.

Hopefully BF:BC3 is more like BF:BC2 and not like Battlefield 3. Still play a ton of BF:BC2; just didn't like the Battlefield 3 engine.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are like... my two most wanted games!!!!!!!!

mclaren777

Bad Company 1 is still my favorite FPS of this generation so I'm hoping that BC3 recaptures some of its magic.

And Mirror's Edge was one of the best games I've ever played, though I really don't trust DICE to make a good sequel.

iYKO4cyTCo6mA.png

I wish developers would just make an dedicated online fps, Call of Duty Online or Battlefield Online. Then just continually update and support the game for 2 or 3 years, releasing story mode dlc for people who want it, and provide map packs periodically.

When they release a new game each year, I can't really be arsed to get into new multiplayer just for different maps.

Feature

Banned
bad company 3 already? Ye lets just split up the people play battlefield 3 even more! first this stupid CQ DLC and now this...

Top Bottom