• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 3 appear on CVs

For all we know they could have been canceled. Probably just as well for BC3, since BC2 threw out everything that was good and fun about the first game.

I am really surprised at how many people love Mirrors Edge, it was a good good game but it had some serious flaws. I think if they made a sequel, it could potentially be a lot better than the first game.

I can imagine them doing something similar to Red Steel 2 and completely overhaul the game.

Lets be honest the story in the first game was the worst part, they should get rid of it and make a more interesting story, maybe not relying on cutscenes but instead, they could do what Half Life 2 did and not take control away from the player, make everything happen in the first person. The first game killed the immersion when the cutscenes came on, I never payed attention to them.

Devil May Cry 5 is the bigger thing in this. Hopefully it's not been cancelled for DmC(yuck). Maybe Capcom is working on it for next gen consoles or something.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Mirrors Edge was crap. A completely wasted opportunity.

DICEs decline since then guarantees any sequel would be even worse.

I would not be surprised, though, if ME2 was canned and BFBC3 became BF3.

I don't think we need a full release bad company sequel, it could just be an expansion pack for BF3, with a new campaign, multiplayer modes etc.

Gbraga

Devil May Cry 5 is the bigger thing in this. Hopefully it's not been cancelled for DmC(yuck). Maybe Capcom is working on it for next gen consoles or something.

It just seems like he's talking about DmC, the time being 2009~2011 fits with DmC (announced in 2010)

xxczx

I hope Mirror's Edge 2 still exists

I have faith
vqTfu.gif

good one.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm sort of optimistic about BFBC3 since it exists. Mirror's Edge will be ruined (for those who enjoyed the first game).

Curious: How so? I'm more concerned about BC3 after BF3 (I like BF3 but there's some really stupid decisions in it) than I am ME2. The only way they can screw up ME2 is make the time-trails really insane and not have a "free run"/parkour at your own pace mode that most people (see: Me!) begged for in ME1.

TheSeks

http://i.minus.com/iYKO4cyTCo6mA.png

This graph is hilarious and just further proves you're a joke character.

BC2 "decline" really? If anything, it's:

BF2 Modern Combat: Clunky as hell and most of the maps are not my cup of tea (FUCK BRIDGE TOO FAR)

BC1: Good but clunky as hell with decent but not amazing maps (outside of MOTHERFUCKING DECONSTRUCTION, BITCH)

ME1: Godly and "innovative" for the time.

BC2: Our based DICE is an awesome DICE. Maps are excellent, gameplay is godly.

BF3: Tolerable but DICE really needed to have less knee jerks in decisions/nerfs in this.

So:

_-^^V

For that graph, basically.

TheSeks

He's right. Only people that want to be bored to sleep play Babby mode over Pro mode.

And Pro mode was nerfed hard (for some good reasons but) in BF3.

Call me when DICE finally returns Babby mode to proper Conquest with more than 3 flags on consoles. Until then it's a joke of a mode and I don't give a damn what PC players think.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
This graph is hilarious and just further proves you're a joke character.

BC2 "decline" really? If anything, it's:

BF2 Modern Combat: Clunky as hell and most of the maps are not my cup of tea (FUCK BRIDGE TOO FAR)

BC1: Good but clunky as hell with decent but not amazing maps (outside of MOTHERFUCKING DECONSTRUCTION, BITCH)

ME1: Godly and "innovative" for the time.

BC2: Our based DICE is an awesome DICE. Maps are excellent, gameplay is godly.

BF3: Tolerable but DICE really needed to have less knee jerks in decisions/nerfs in this.

So:

_-^^V

For that graph, basically.
Come on dood you were totally hating BC2 maps! "I want moar BC1 maps, BC1 is so much better." - TheSeks

Maybe the game grew on you after playing so much but you totally hated at first.
I like both BC2 and BF3 (Cant wait for the DLC)

Blizzard

Banned
Mirror's Edge was one of my favorite games ever. If I recall correctly, didn't the CEO or someone mention that they had done a prototype or whatever for the sequel, and decided it didn't work out? Hopefully if they continued work on it, it is with a revamped approach.

One of the original designers mentioned that they were apparently rather aware that fans (or some vocal fans) did not like the combat. Whether that means that it will be taken out is another question, assuming Mirror's Edge 2 ever comes out.

And about Faith and "funbags"...it kind of blew my mind when I saw someone not long ago complaining about Faith and saying it was offensive she had small breasts. Specifically, they said she was an offensive Asian stereotype, with bad teeth, small breasts, and slanted eyes. I can understand the eye thing, but like...small breasts on an ASIAN ATHLETE WHO RUNS ALL THE TIME seems like it would make sense to me. It just seems bizarre for someone to be offended about that.

He's right. Only people that want to be bored to sleep play Babby mode over Pro mode.

And Pro mode was nerfed hard (for some good reasons but) in BF3.

Call me when DICE finally returns Babby mode to proper Conquest with more than 3 flags on consoles. Until then it's a joke of a mode and I don't give a damn what PC players think.

He's right by saying Dice is returning to its "roots" by not returning to its roots?

NinjaBoiX

Mirrors Edge was crap. A completely wasted opportunity.

DICEs decline since then guarantees any sequel would be even worse.

I would not be surprised, though, if ME2 was canned and BFBC3 became BF3.
Well somebody didn't read the OP. Also, ME was an awesome, innovative and exhilarating game, as was BFBC 2, although maybe less with the innovative. BF3 is a decent multi shooter with an admittedly awful campaign.

I decree your post to be fail.

Gbraga

Well let her out! That's why the game isn't ready yet, she needs to film the mo-cap. I insist you release your sex slave, for the good of gamekind!

I'm trying to convince her not to use the Kinect for her mo-cap, I'll keep her until she gives up on that stupid idea.

Can't wait for BC3. I freaking hate BF3, I wish I had a PC to good enough to play it...but as it is i'm stuck with a pretty gimped 360 version.

Hopefully BC3 is much more console orientated like the previous entries.

BC2 was the best multiplayer experience I've had on a console <3

Massa

Can't wait for BC3. I freaking hate BF3, I wish I had a PC to good enough to play it...but as it is i'm stuck with a pretty gimped 360 version.

Hopefully BC3 is much more console orientated like the previous entries.

BC2 was the best multiplayer experience I've had on a console <3

Same here. I'll buy a DICE game again when I have a PS4, Xbox 3 or a new PC.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
A possible Mirror's Edge 2 that was possibly cancelled? Between this and what happened with Cave, the game industry just likes to fuck me over today.

A world where less Mirror's Edge games exist, the better. The game actually made people ill, peoples stomachs were bringing up half digested food even if they watched someone else play it. Now everyone assumed that was because they had motion sickness, but it wasn't, it was the whole design of the game that was so bad that their minds thought they were experiencing death and released everything to try and stop the poison.

I really didn't like it...

Black-Box

Bad Company 1 is still my favorite FPS of this generation so I'm hoping that BC3 recaptures some of its magic.

And Mirror's Edge was one of the best games I've ever played, though I really don't trust DICE to make a good sequel.

iYKO4cyTCo6mA.png

Quality dropped hard after BF2, like almost rock bottom

A world where less Mirror's Edge games exist, the better. The game actually made people ill, peoples stomachs were bringing up half digested food even if they watched someone else play it. Now everyone assumed that was because they had motion sickness, but it wasn't, it was the whole design of the game that was so bad that their minds thought they were experiencing death and released everything to try and stop the poison.

I really didn't like it...

I have a similar philosophy involving less you.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Wouldn't be surprised if he just meant Battlefield 3 instead, given he seems to have confused DmC and Devil May Cry 5.

FuKuy

Bad Company 1 is still my favorite FPS of this generation so I'm hoping that BC3 recaptures some of its magic.

And Mirror's Edge was one of the best games I've ever played, though I really don't trust DICE to make a good sequel.

iYKO4cyTCo6mA.png

WHAT?!

Battlefield 2 is the BEST DICE game. And Bad Company 1 is the worst.

*Please please don't release Mirrors Edge 2 for this gen hardware*

Happy about Bad Company 3.

I do hope though they build upon Bad Company 2 instead of follow the path of Battlefield 3.

I want to see total destruction and buildings collapsing and what not everywhere on the battlefield.

iYKO4cyTCo6mA.png
This graph is perfect. You are a skilled statistician! (I might have made the drop off more severe but that's just a personal preference.)

Hopefully some day they learn how to make good single player games again.

Top Bottom