• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 3 appear on CVs

bfc2 was pretty close. You could pretty much flatten the battlefield minus larger warehouse structures.

I would be happy if it was the same as bfbc 2.

IMO every single big release (Mirrors Edge, BF, NaughtyGOD game, Bethesda game, etc.) needs to wait for next gen hardware. I'm tired of seeing this gen hardware with its limitations negatively impact huge releases.

bfc2 was pretty close. You could pretty much flatten the battlefield minus larger warehouse structures.

I would be happy if it was the same as bfbc 2.

I would prefer though that this game come out on next gen hardware.

It was a gameplay design decision, nothing else. You still have buildings in BF3 that get leveled, and have more points of destruction then Bad Company 2 ones.

Nizz

I'm placing bets on both being canceled in favor of Battlefield 4 and their new IP.
:(

I would love to see what they could do with a Mirror's Edge 2 on next gen consoles using Frostbite 2. And I would love to have a Bad Company 3. The campaign in BC2 wasn't as good as the first one but I still like the chatter between the characters in this series.

As far as MP, BC2 was a lot of fun. DICE made it even more fun than the first. I played a bunch of it. The controls were also very good, unlike the controls in BF3. At least on PS3.

mclaren777

That's... nothing? Most people probably got more hours out of the demo.

29 hours is a lot for me on one game. The only MP games that I've logged more time in are rFactor and possibly Warhawk. I also invested another eight hours in the BC1 demo, four hours in the BC2 beta, and nine hours in BC2 proper.

Like I said, I enjoy MP – I just typically enjoy SP campaigns more.

faridmon

Yes. Bad Company. I was really dissapointed with BF3 and hope all the changes are brought back into what made BC2 sucha fantastic MP game.

TheChits

Bad Company 1 is still my favorite FPS of this generation so I'm hoping that BC3 recaptures some of its magic.

And Mirror's Edge was one of the best games I've ever played, though I really don't trust DICE to make a good sequel.

iYKO4cyTCo6mA.png

Yeah this is pretty much 100% accurate. I really hope we get a Mirror's Edge 2 someday, but like others have said I don't really have much faith in Dice

Dunno about those two people in Asia. They seem to be not a factor.

That "focus tester" guy though, he'll probably never work in the industry now that this hit the news.

Duffyside

Banned
Hah! I said on Twitter (which is like etching the word of God on a stone tablet, don't you know) the other day that Mirror's Edge would have to be announced at E3 this year if it was ever going to happen. Man, someone hire to be super-over-paid-smart-thinking-guy-for-company.

RooMHM

Yeah this is pretty much 100% accurate. I really hope we get a Mirror's Edge 2 someday, but like others have said I don't really have much faith in Dice
How is this accurate in any way? Mirror's Edge and Bad Company 1 are nowhere near the best productions by DICE. They're probably good games but they will never reach BF1942 or BF2.

Bad Company 1 is still my favorite FPS of this generation so I'm hoping that BC3 recaptures some of its magic.

And Mirror's Edge was one of the best games I've ever played, though I really don't trust DICE to make a good sequel.

iYKO4cyTCo6mA.png
Also you forgot 1943 which was fucking awesome. Like you I am in these games for the SP first and the MP second, but those maps, vehicles, classes and weapons were so much fun. And the game wasn't a never ending grind fest either.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Man, although that doesn't look promising for Mirror's Edge 2 being worked on since 2009, I'd hope it would be because it's a slow-burning project - would be nice to look forward to for E3, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

mr stroke

*Please please don't release BC3 for this gen hardware*

FIXED

Please for the love of god DICE, do not make another Battlefield game on current consoles. It would be complete waste IMO. Using the same engine would really mean BC2 with new maps. I can't see much changing if they don't wait for PS4/720.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap

iYKO4cyTCo6mA.png

truth

Top Bottom