• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Foolworm

The Last Story dungeon pretty much sets the bar for all future event dungeons. It's long and challenging, the characters and scenario are interesting, the rewards are satisfying, and the stamina requirement is high enough that I won't get burnt out on it.

Right now, I'm dumping all my stamina into this along with coin creeps on the weekends. My aim is to 100% the recruitables, which means 35 perfects total.

Takes 100 k exp to gain a level for Z rank at lvl 40. It takes only 80 k exp to gain a level for a lvl 80 SS rank to put things into perspective.

Keep in mind that recode characters only have one job instead of the usual 3.

Red Mage

I wish they'd release the rest of the Z upgrades for the SS characters. I have 4 and none of them are able to be upgraded.

duckroll

Yeah, my expectations for the level design and high level content for the game going forward are much higher now after this event quest for The Last Story. It's really well designed as a satisfying package. Feels like a great self-contained chapter with everything that's good about Terra Battle, and it features new enemies, new bosses, gameplay rules we haven't seen before in the rest of the game, etc.

Considering how long they're taking to implement the Sakaguchi boss event and the Matsuno event which were part of the Download Starter, I really hope they put as much care into those. Especially the Matsuno one. <3

I wish they'd release the rest of the Z upgrades for the SS characters. I have 4 and none of them are able to be upgraded.

I have a feeling that we'll be seeing a whole bunch of new character upgrade stuff announced next month. To coincide with a new story campaign, it would make sense if all characters can eventually be upgraded and "rebooted" in a sense, so they can be leveled again but with improved skills and stats. The fact that the level cap was raised well before the new season starts seems to indicate that they expect many players to have a bunch of lvl90 characters by then as well, so having a way to reset them to lvl1 would be good.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I have a feeling that we'll be seeing a whole bunch of new character upgrade stuff announced next month. To coincide with a new story campaign, it would make sense if all characters can eventually be upgraded and "rebooted" in a sense, so they can be leveled again but with improved skills and stats. The fact that the level cap was raised well before the new season starts seems to indicate that they expect many players to have a bunch of lvl90 characters by then as well, so having a way to reset them to lvl1 would be good.
Jaguna ZZ rank incoming.

duckroll

Jaguna ZZ rank incoming.

I would like to see a Jaguna upgrade along the lines of A'misandra's transformation. With just a bit of tweaking and a new original skill or two, the idea of a defensive flier could actually be really useful.

Unfortunately, I suspect that we will not see upgrades for any of the guest artist characters. Too bad. I <3 Jaguna. :(

Momentary

Banned
Takes 100 k exp to gain a level for Z rank at lvl 40. It takes only 80 k exp to gain a level for a lvl 80 SS rank to put things into perspective.

Yeah... I'm feeling that pain right now.

I hope they stop with upgrading and just make unique Z and ZZ characters like Invincible.

Visceir

I really enjoyed the TLS dungeon too. It added branching paths -- something I've been wanting for a while now.

Keep in mind that recode characters only have one job instead of the usual 3.

Well, I'm one of those "unlucky" ones who had to work for the Z character, so I already did all three jobs to lvl 80 :D

Yeah, I hope we will get the rest of the SS upgrades too, it would make sense to.

I thought I heard somewhere that Sakaguchi would much rather creat new characters instead of doing the upgrades for the rest of SS classes tho.

Going to try and 100% both Calista and Zael by running perfect TLS at least once a day.

I'm getting good at it, but fight 9/10 can be so cruel.

Momentary

Banned
Almost got both S characters today from the event, but the boss killed himself on one of Bajanna's damn bombs. So pissed. At least I know I got it next go around.

As for 20-1. I use Lewto and Jennish and take 4 people along with me. Pretty much got it down to a science. And the best thing about it I don't feel like I'm wasting XP anymore due to a higher level cap. So everyone has to level up again. Don't see the incentive of leveling up past 65 for anything other than job 3 though. Not even for character upgrades.

HawthorneKitty

Almost got both S characters today from the event, but the boss killed himself on one of Bajanna's damn bombs. So pissed. At least I know I got it next go around.

As for 20-1. I use Lewto and Jennish and take 4 people along with me. Pretty much got it down to a science. And the best thing about it I don't feel like I'm wasting XP anymore due to a higher level cap. So everyone has to level up again. Don't see the incentive of leveling up past 65 for anything other than job 3 though. Not even for character upgrades.
What if duckroll is correct and later on every character can DNA Digivolve?

Momentary

Banned
What if duckroll is correct and later on every character can DNA Digivolve?

Well. I always change out jobs when they max out, but I always max out job 3 after getting everything esle to 65. Then I got back and level up previous jobs to not waste Stamina if I already have all my character's jobs. I really hope they don't do that and just make unique Z and ZZ characters. But it works out in the end if they make Z evolved character PoT obtainable since I'm a few weeks away from completing it.

duckroll

They can do both though - make new characters and create evolution systems. It's not one or the other because in terms of design they would serve different purposes. New characters would allow newer players or those who have stopped playing actively to have something new and exciting to roll for. It adds variety to the pool. Evolutions on the other hand give active players who already have parties they are fond of something to do with their characters to continue with progression without feeling the need to either start again with brand new characters or lose any sense of challenge in future content because the party is too powerful.

Momentary

Banned
They can do both though - make new characters and create evolution systems. It's not one or the other because in terms of design they would serve different purposes. New characters would allow newer players or those who have stopped playing actively to have something new and exciting to roll for. It adds variety to the pool. Evolutions on the other hand give active players who already have parties they are fond of something to do with their characters to continue with progression without feeling the need to either start again with brand new characters or lose any sense of challenge in future content because the party is too powerful.

And it lets people with too much time or money to use PoT again.

Awesome, you probably shouldn't since he sucks without access to its other jobs.

Ah, okay. That's somewhat disappointing. I thought I'd be able to wreck house for a moment but I should've known better. Pretty cool game though, everything's silky smooth in comparison to my experience with a lot of other F2P titles(especially Record Keeper).

HawthorneKitty

B-but...

xhW5Efh.png

duckroll

Hahahahhaa. The 10 times in a row Pact of Truth event for 2x S or higher is back tomorrow! I'm glad I didn't use my energy before this. Maybe I'll actually roll and see how it goes. :)

The Taiwan/HK launch definitely seems to have helped downloads, they've already hit 1.9 million. Should hit 2 million soon, wonder if they actually have console plans for the game by now, lol.

Acidote

Hahahahhaa. The 10 times in a row Pact of Truth event for 2x S or higher is back tomorrow! I'm glad I didn't use my energy before this. Maybe I'll actually roll and see how it goes. :)

The Taiwan/HK launch definitely seems to have helped downloads, they've already hit 1.9 million. Should hit 2 million soon, wonder if they actually have console plans for the game by now, lol.

And here I am with 46 energy. 4 energy short. Fuck this shit!

duckroll

Wait, how does the friend code thing works? I never did it. That's energy, right?

Each player can enter one referral. Using it will give you 5 energy. If someone else uses your referral, you get 5 energy the first, fifth, and tenth time, and 1 energy all the other times. Your referral code can be used by up to 10 people.

Be warned though, to get the energy for referrals, the players using it have to beat at least chapter 3 of the game. If they don't that referral is wasted forever.

Acidote

Since I know nobody else playing this I'll just post mine here later. I'm at the epilogue so if anybody wants to give me their referral, well that way past chapter 3.

Thanks for the answer duckroll.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, my expectations for the level design and high level content for the game going forward are much higher now after this event quest for The Last Story. It's really well designed as a satisfying package. Feels like a great self-contained chapter with everything that's good about Terra Battle, and it features new enemies, new bosses, gameplay rules we haven't seen before in the rest of the game, etc.
You know, this is somewhat of a tangent and probably not the first thing anyone thinks of, but turn the event on its head. Moreso than a glimpse at TLS' universe embedded within board game/Terra Battle's mechanics is also a glimpse in the other direction at how Terra Battle's story/lore/mechanics flavoring/etc. can function as a traditional console experience.

Visceir

Pft, gold tickets....it's all about rainbow tickets now~

Guess I should get those 5 Deepwater Helixes for Olber, DNA change him and do 10 pulls while the event is on.

Since I know nobody else playing this I'll just post mine here later. I'm at the epilogue so if anybody wants to give me their referral, well that way past chapter 3.

Backup your current account data and create a new one, get to chapter 3 and use your own code. It's the safest way to go about it. Probably even more convenient if you have a second device to play TB on.

Use mine if you want, I'm 1 en shy of 50 for a 10x pull :3

kwbMRCVDvgve

Speaking of helicies and whatnot, has anyplace updated the drop lists for that stuff?

I would be mad about the S/SS event, but I pulled two when I did my x10 on Sunday.

Then I pulled three more from my remaining single pulls. \m/

I'm tempted to do it again, it's only $13 and I've played this way more than anything else recently.

Visceir

Speaking of helicies and whatnot, has anyplace updated the drop lists for that stuff?

The terrabattleforums folks had everything listed, here you go:

Monsters loot
Some monsters have changes in their drop table (Thanks Brakkis for the exact locations)

Toxoid (13-8 boss): 13% Heartwood Bow instead of 3% Terra Spearbronze
Mechadrake Redux (14-4 boss): 13% Heartwood Pendant instead of 3% Dark Ring
Lock-On 333+ (19-5 boss): 13% Black Hole instead of 3% Terra Bowstring
EM Generator (20-1 boss): 13% Heartwood Sword instead of 3% Terra Swordsteel
Phoenix (21-7 boss): 13% Elixir instead of 3% Fire Ring
Ice Golem (22-5 boss): 13% Heartwood Wand instead of 3% Ice Ring
Dark Dragon (23-3 boss): 13% Wormhole instead of 3% Dark Ring
Young Onyx Dragon (23-10 boss): 13% Ether instead of 3% Terra Swordsteel
Oxsecian Bomber EX (24-10 boss): 13% Heartwood Spear of 3% Terra Bowstring
Craggy Leviathan (25-7 boss): 13% White Hole instead of 3% Terra Staffwood
1AOO (ch 25 boss, unkillable. Seems bugged as its 29-8 version does not drop the item): 13% Wisp of Jealousy instead of 3% Shell of Madness
Jade Guardian (26-5 boss): 18% Deepwater Helix of 3% Ice Ring (yes, 18, not 13!)
3COO (29-10 boss): 13% Cipher Cell instead of 3% Wisdom Flower
Oxsecian Fighter EX (30-8 boss): 18% Mantle Helix instead of 3% Terra Staffwood (yes, 18, not 13!)

Considering there are items there that have no real use yet we can be assured that we're getting more characters sometimes soon.

GordonShumway

Neo Member

And I just did a 50 energy pull last night. Fantastic. Figured it'd be a while before they did another one of those deals and I was itching for new recruits. Oh well, I got Jennish with my pull at least (my first SS).

Use mine if you want, I'm 1 en shy of 50 for a 10x pull :3

kwbMRCVDvgve

Went ahead and used your referral. If anyone else would be so kind to use a code:
AXjjGhWeQqwJ

Red Mage

And I just did a 50 energy pull last night. Fantastic. Figured it'd be a while before they did another one of those deals and I was itching for new recruits. Oh well, I got Jennish with my pull at least (my first SS).

Went ahead and used your referral. If anyone else would be so kind to use a code:
AXjjGhWeQqwJ

I used it. Someone use mine,please: fhZVTuDAvzuv

Foolworm

Do you know if MW is planning a SEA release?

Well, I'm one of those "unlucky" ones who had to work for the Z character, so I already did all three jobs to lvl 80 :D

I thought I heard somewhere that Sakaguchi would much rather create new characters instead of doing the upgrades for the rest of SS classes tho.

That was in the latest Niconico stream - he mentioned that those were the only lambda characters they'd done so far and they were still deciding if it was a good idea to do another batch.

P.S. I just wanted to point out that the grinding for lambda characters isn't that crazy if you compare the cumulative curve to level an adventurer fully rather than just a given job. Of course, it stings because you're essentially levelling the same character twice, but then again I play Etrian Odyssey - grinding is second nature to me.

AXjjGhWeQqwJ

Thanks! Ready for 10x now.

And thanks to whoever reposted that drop list too.

duckroll

Do you know if MW is planning a SEA release?

I don't think there are any current plans because they have yet to find a partner in the region. I emailed them about this before and got some non-committal "thank you for your interest we will inform you if there are plans in the future" reply. :(

http://www.mtv81.com/videos/in-focus/terra-battle-takes-rpgs-to-the-next-level-segment-2/

At the end of this recent video, Sakaguchi says that they want to have the game available worldwide, but it's taking a while. He specifically mentions India, Indonesia, and Australia as upcoming regions after Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macau, but nothing about the general SEA region.

Visceir

That was in the latest Niconico stream - he mentioned that those were the only lambda characters they'd done so far and they were still deciding if it was a good idea to do another batch.

P.S. I just wanted to point out that the grinding for lambda characters isn't that crazy if you compare the cumulative curve to level an adventurer fully rather than just a given job. Of course, it stings because you're essentially levelling the same character twice, but then again I play Etrian Odyssey - grinding is second nature to me.

Yeah, I think that's where I got it from.

Guess it's the pleasant kind of torture for me too. Gives me something to actually spend my stamina on rather than just playing the game on weekends for coin creeps. I sure am glad I got done with the majority of it before the 1/2 stamina event ended.

Kitoro

So it's possible to pull a Z class of a previously SS character? What if we already have the SS version of the character?

I just hit my 200th consecutive login a few days ago, and have 152 energy saved up. Might as well drop 50 if I can get new Z units other than Invincible from this event.

Thanks!

HawthorneKitty

So it's possible to pull a Z class of a previously SS character? What if we already have the SS version of the character?

I just hit my 200th consecutive login a few days ago, and have 152 energy saved up. Might as well drop 50 if I can get new Z units other than Invincible from this event.

Thanks!
Z and SS are treated as completely separate characters.

Top Bottom