• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

kiyoaki

Good point about the skill boost. It also doesn't help that Ma'curi is a spear, so he won't benefit from Korin's frequency boost. When I'm done leveling Ka'pori, I wonder if a Bahl/Korin/Kapori/Samatha/Pupropu/Sorman team can get me through the limit without a ton of stress. Worth swapping Samatha for Harold? She has way too many elemental attacks to be much use against the boss... decisions decisions. Oh well, 30 days left to make those decisions. :p
I've used Korin with Bahl, Yulia and Amimari (second job), with mixed results. Managed to grab Calista but never Zael, since my people simply don't do the necessary damage fast enough. Especially on the last stage. I've also tried with Mac'uri and Snaip, but both still need some additional B%.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Good point about the skill boost. It also doesn't help that Ma'curi is a spear, so he won't benefit from Korin's frequency boost. When I'm done leveling Ka'pori, I wonder if a Bahl/Korin/Kapori/Samatha/Pupropu/Sorman team can get me through the limit without a ton of stress. Worth swapping Samatha for Harold? She has way too many elemental attacks to be much use against the boss... decisions decisions. Oh well, 30 days left to make those decisions. :p
Since you don't have an SS mage, it might be good to have Samatha at job 2? Pupropu doesn't have enough elemental attacks by herself.

duckroll

Since you don't have an SS mage, it might be good to have Samatha at job 2? Pupropu doesn't have enough elemental attacks by herself.

Yeah I have Lewto now, but Pupropu has way, way higher skill boost and is already leveled to 90 on Job3. During my runs so far, a pincer with Puprope/Samatha takes down Mithra's shield pretty quickly. I think my biggest in terms of time management so far boil down to a) not being able to take out Calista in the first battle in a single turn, b) poor positioning going into the second battle resulting in wasted time for repositioning, c) sloppy positioning going into the fifth battle wasting a chance to end it super fast, d) not enough DPS to take down the boss at the very end fast enough, even with power points.

HawthorneKitty

Yeah I have Lewto now, but Pupropu has way, way higher skill boost and is already leveled to 90 on Job3. During my runs so far, a pincer with Puprope/Samatha takes down Mithra's shield pretty quickly. I think my biggest in terms of time management so far boil down to a) not being able to take out Calista in the first battle in a single turn, b) poor positioning going into the second battle resulting in wasted time for repositioning, c) sloppy positioning going into the fifth battle wasting a chance to end it super fast, d) not enough DPS to take down the boss at the very end fast enough, even with power points.
Yeah, a is huge to save time as it connects to b. Are you optimizing your unit starting positions? Stage 5 can be forgiven if you have the power points and atk power to clear a row each turn with minimal movements as you attack the second row. The boss is a stickler though, hopefully you're chaining Bahl as your second in the double pincers.

Definitely don't try until you're confident you got the attack power.
RbqCw4M.jpg

I think it's important to kill Calista with these 4 unit placements.

meow

Did 10 pot pull!

Got:
Samupi
Nakupi
Manmer
Gigojago
Kem
A'misandra
Bagunar
Jennish
Samupi
Nakupi

Every single one was a dupe except for Amisandra and Jennish, and I love that I got Samupi and Nakupi twice. I'm a little disappointed I didn't get any Z ranks but fairly happy overall, I guess. No idea if Amisandra is good but I've been pretty lucky with the SS ranks I do pull, I've gotten 6 of them and 3 of them are mages. Just missing Zerro now.

Visceir

Got the Perfect Ending as well, was a bit rough as I barely killed Calista in the beginning in one turn. The 9th floor boss was super easy with Zuzu+S'naip outflank...should have used that on 5th floor boss too now that I think about it, haha.

For those who already have the characters -- are they any good? Is it worth doing the dungeon over and over again to gain them some SB?

Every single one was a dupe except for Amisandra and Jennish, and I love that I got Samupi and Nakupi twice. I'm a little disappointed I didn't get any Z ranks but fairly happy overall, I guess. No idea if Amisandra is good but I've been pretty lucky with the SS ranks I do pull, I've gotten 6 of them and 3 of them are mages. Just missing Zerro now.

Amisandra Lambda is the best healer in game -- up to you how you feel about actually getting her there.

I still have enough energy for another 10x pull, but I'm not sure how I feel about actually doing it. I somewhat have the perfect team together already and whatever I would pull would probably get benched anyway.

Edit: Ok, Zael's skills seem quite nice...

Fandangox

What do the difficulty numbers scale at? I just finished chapter 8 so now I have enough battery to try the Last Story dungeon, but it seems its a level 50-80 dungeon?

Visceir

What do the difficulty numbers scale at? I just finished chapter 8 so now I have enough battery to try the Last Story dungeon, but it seems its a level 50-80 dungeon?

Correct, you'll need a (job 3) lvl 70+ team with high damage dealers to complete the dungeon in a manner that will give you the perfect ending and both characters.

Right now your first goal should be to get to atleast chapter 20.

Fandangox

Correct, you'll need a (job 3) lvl 70+ team with high damage dealers to complete the dungeon in a manner that will give you the perfect ending and both characters.

Right now your first goal should be to get to atleast chapter 20.

That's gonna take long though ;-; what if I run out of time?

Visceir

That's gonna take long though ;-; what if I run out of time?

I think I had the game beaten in less than a month. The event ends in 30 days.

The faster you progress through the story the more stamina you'll have. Try to make use of Metal Zones and level up your characters fast whenever a new one opens up, makes the story missions easier too. Don't hesitate to use the reset/load trick if something goes wrong and you need to start a floor over...it'll save you stamina.

damisa

I got these non-dupes last time the roll ten event was around:
1. Jennish (SS)
2. Manmer
3. Sorman
4. O'pari
5. Sh'berdan
6. Invincible (Z)

I was able to get another 10 rolls saved up and got these non-dupes:
1. Samupi
2. Kana
3. Olber (SS)
4. A'merpact
5. Ka'pori

kiyoaki

I finally did a ten-pull and got only useless characters. Shaplar (S), Amazora, Shberdan (both B) and a bunch of dupes... among them two Koko dupes. I guess that's karmic retribution for getting her through the PoF last week.

I think I'll focus on getting Snaip's, Bahl's and Macuri's B% up to par for the Last Story dungeon in the next two weeks. After that, there's probably going to come new content soon. We don't have a date yet for season 2, do we?

The live OST is cute. Love the guitar play on the battle theme.

Visceir

Loving the live soundtrack.

Leveling Z classes is rough. Getting just 3 levels while blowing 100 stamina on MZ5 -- it's going to take a while to get them to lvl 80.

I wonder how much stamina the new metal zones will cost.

All right, I'm at Chapter Twenty.

Today is going to be about getting three Wish Particles.

I'm thinking 13-8 is better than trying for Tin Parade (40% chance for the same stamina use versus a giant question mark).

After that I'll need three Oxseciums, which should come naturally playing in 20-1.

Then I'll be Job Three for my main crew, so next week will be all about getting them to Level Seventy.

Which will give me three weeks to attempt the Last Story event.

I think I've got this. <3

Visceir

Have any of you become curious enough to give The Last Story a try after this event in the game? Tempted to check it out. Seems like the reviews are generally rather positive too.

I feel your pain. My Samatha and A'misandra are stuck in their 50s too.

I've decided to ditch leveling Yukken &#923;&#8203; and just focus on leveling Olber &#923;&#8203; -- tbh Yukken doesn't seem all that crucial anyway while Olber definitely has a place in my main party.

Fandangox

Have any of you become curious enough to give The Last Story a try after this event in the game? Tempted to check it out. Seems like the reviews are generally rather positive too.

Do it, the only reason why I even downloaded this at first was because of the content crossover.

Last Story is pretty good, rough in a lot of areas, but was a very well paced RPG with great characters (Except Zael..)

The Online Co-Op and Arena modes were great, shame its gone now.

HawthorneKitty

I've decided to ditch leveling Yukken &#923;&#8203; and just focus on leveling Olber &#923;&#8203; -- tbh Yukken doesn't seem all that crucial anyway while Olber definitely has a place in my main party.
It's nice if you don't like stories.

Fandangox

Okay I turned off and on the phone, the glitch is gone, it was very weird I could also go through stage hazards without taking damage.

Visceir

MZ 4/5 back in the arena! Exactly what I needed. Still got 40 tickets to spend.

Now I'm actually tempted to DNA recode Piz'fer.

Just did a perfect TLS run without a single S/L.
Everything went so smooth. The Power Point were all neatly placed.

MZ 4/5 back in the arena! Exactly what I needed. Still got 40 tickets to spend.

Now I'm actually tempted to DNA recode Piz'fer.
Damn.
Sucks because I need to wait Sunday for bonus loot day so I can get my last DNA item to recode my mages. Tried a few times normally, but they just won't drop.

HawthorneKitty

I've been too busy farming Calista and Zael; Zuzu and S'naip about to hit 90 and I'm only halfway there...Olber is about to his 3rd 80; it's like I'm losing all my key components at the same time.

The drops were not being kind to me today, but I did manage to get my Wish Particles (one from an achievement, haha).

Oxseciums next. I might Coin Creeps the weekend though.

Falk

that puzzling face
Okay, with the caveats that:

1) I got him from a pull as opposed to DNA hence starting from 0.0% hence this is limited to Coin Creeps for now because power tokens sup
2) He's currently only lv52 because I'm levelling him alongside a cadre of noobs just for variety

this is pretty fun

Visceir

That is standard for SS mages, I take it you never had one?

DNA recoded Piz'fer today and got him back up to lvl 62.

Wasn't really sure about his new ring attack as I thought it would just create holes in enemy lines, but so far it has worked out alright.

Absorbing capsules for extra power adds another layer to the combat. The power up only lasts 2 turns so it might be beneficial to avoid capsules and save them up for a specific floor/pincer. At this point with Olber/Piz'fer churning out capsules I got Piz'fer up to +119 matk, since it's a % boost it'll be much higher once I have him at lvl 90.

I think the +10% attack boost would be gotten from anti-ice capsules that Lewto drops, so Lewto/Piz'fer would definitely supplement eachother quite well in the same party.

Fandangox

So I did the pack of truth twice in a row and got my first SS and S characters, both mages: Amina the Nurse, and Gegonago the Space Mage. Looking at their skill sets, it definitely looks like they will be useful (Revive, levitate, etc)

But right now I don't know who to replace in my party, I feel like everyone in my party works right now, I guess I could replace Sorman with Amina, but not sure where to fit Gegonago right now.

My current Party is:

Grace (Job 2)
Sorman
Ba'gunar the Regal
Samupi
Bahl (Job 2)
S'naip

I was using Eileen Sh'berdan previously and they are among the same levels.

Visceir

I've been playing around with Zael a little. His Rally skill raises atk & matk for the whole party by 10%, well worth it in my opinion, even if it makes your characters constantly move out of position.

I really like his unique skills and the character artstyle. I will probably try to make him work, even if he might not be the most ideal member for the party. Supposedly his job 1 lvl 65 skill works much like the column skill for mages, as in if you pincer a horizontal row of enemies you can cover the whole screen with the attack. Haven't gotten his job 1 and job 2 lvl 65 skills yet, still a few levels short.

So I did the pack of truth twice in a row and got my first SS and S characters, both mages: Amina the Nurse, and Gegonago the Space Mage. Looking at their skill sets, it definitely looks like they will be useful (Revive, levitate, etc)

But right now I don't know who to replace in my party, I feel like everyone in my party works right now, I guess I could replace Sorman with Amina, but not sure where to fit Gegonago right now.

My current Party is:

Grace (Job 2)
Sorman
Ba'gunar the Regal
Samupi
Bahl (Job 2)
S'naip

I was using Eileen Sh'berdan previously and they are among the same levels.

Sorry, but Sorman is probably the better option right now, Amina isn't really worth leveling. Sorman has a heal all spell that heals the whole party while Amina doesn't get that. The SS class makes also Amina rather slow to level up, I would suggest not using her.

Gegonago and his levitate skill will be vital for chapter 18, definitely level him.

Fandangox

I've been playing around with Zael a little. His Rally skill raises atk & matk for the whole party by 10%, well worth it in my opinion, even if it makes your characters constantly move out of position.

I really like his unique skills and the character artstyle. I will probably try to make him work, even if he might not be the most ideal member for the party. Supposedly his job 1 lvl 65 skill works much like the column skill for mages, as in if you pincer a horizontal row of enemies you can cover the whole screen with the attack. Haven't gotten his job 1 and job 2 lvl 65 skills yet, still a few levels short.

Sorry, but Sorman is probably the better option right now, Amina isn't really worth leveling. Sorman has a heal all spell that heals the whole party while Amina doesn't get that. The SS class makes also Amina rather slow to level up, I would suggest not using her.

Gegonago and his levitate skill will be vital for chapter 18, definitely level him.

Oh oops, i just leveled both of them right, well Sorman is still level 29, so I can keep it in my party. Kind of odd that an SS character doesn't seem worth it right now, are her other jobs good?

Falk

that puzzling face
That is standard for SS mages, I take it you never had one?
Jennish gained two more AOE abilities including a Ring+Corners one, meaning you can have 6 of them with 4 slots . (I haven't unlocked the 4th slot as he's lv52, like I said)

Visceir

Oh oops, i just leveled both of them right, well Sorman is still level 29, so I can keep it in my party. Kind of odd that an SS character doesn't seem worth it right now, are her other jobs good?

She was the first SS character I pulled from pact of truth. As I said, she doesn't have the Heal All skill that B class healers have and her resurrect skills are sort of useless since you could just use the reset/load method to restart a floor if you lost a party member. The resurrect skills also only trigger when you're going from one floor to the next one.

She definitely has more survivablity, but that's about it and won't really matter all that much.

Fandangox

She was the first SS character I pulled from pact of truth. As I said, she doesn't have the Heal All skill that B class healers have and her resurrect skills are sort of useless since you could just use the reset/load method to restart a floor if you lost a party member. The resurrect skills also only trigger when you're going from one floor to the next one.

She definitely has more survivablity, but that's about it and won't really matter all that much.

Oh well that's odd for an SS to not end up being that useful, but I am glad then that means character's viability is not restricted to their Class.

man, the last story battle needs a lot of sword users :/

the fact i have only mages past 15% boost is also hurting a lot

EDIT: the dude didnt appear during battle 8? did i f up somewhere?

Visceir

The new lambda mages corner skill can be quite useful for metal zone runners, sometimes it is much easier to just chase them into a corner.

man, the last story battle needs a lot of sword users :/

the fact i have only mages past 15% boost is also hurting a lot

EDIT: the dude didnt appear during battle 8? did i f up somewhere?

Probably didn't finish up floor 4 fast enough. Could always just follow a guide or look up a youtube video for it.

Woo, chapter twenty is pretty cray.

I guess this is where I can stop and start leveling for the Last Story event?

I'm still sans one Oxsecium though. Maybe I can goof a little and/or Coin Creep until Monday when I can Pudding.

I know boss of Chapter Twenty can drop it, but that's fairly long and I'd rather have that exp go to job threes, I guess.

Been leveling Zerro &#923;. I'm at level 61 and it seems like it's going to be one hell of a long ride to 90.
Since you seem experienced in this, what's the best way to level to seventy(ish) and how long will it take?

My team is SS, SS, S, A, A, B.

duckroll

I've been thinking... currently my healer is still Sorman, but is it worth leveling Calista up to replace him for The Last Story quest? Her attack isn't very high, but she has mega and giga heal, and she's a sword user on Job3, and she has megasword and gigasword with 2 range lateral. Thoughts?

Top Bottom