• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 14: The Show |OT| ?

graywolf323

are some PS3 button prompts showing up for anyone else? it's rather annoying to see the select button referenced in tutorials...

How about a "Photo Mode" patch like the one Infamous: Second Son received? Or an option for a Fly/Ghost cam in replay so we can take more dynamic pictures?

Pretty please?

begging.jpg

Well in reply mode you can add depth of field. Not quiet the same but it's still nice and you can zoom in insanely far almost into a players skull

beanman25

First 2 teams that loaded were the Tigers and Giants.

Playing as Tigers in San Fran. Up 6-0 in 3rd and knocked out Cain already! Glad to see my veteran status on zone hitting has carried over!

Well son of a bitch! Why even have that sound menu anyways then... Guess you could change the players to all have that pocket full of yellow song for shits and giggles.

It's in place for the firmware update that adds mp3 playback. Hopefully they will add it soon.

Maybesew

I've never played The Show before, and can't remember the last baseball game I played. I started with a HR derby last night to get a hang of hitting, then played Seattle vs. Boston with King Felix pitching. We won 5-0, CG with 12K.

I'm obviously in beginner mode. I was bummed to find out that none of the trophies I earned counted because I used the quick count feature. Considering how quick count was a selling point of the game, that was disappointing.

Anyways, What is the best way to proceed with the game. It seems like a lot of people in this thread are going with RTTS which definitely appeals to me. Any arguments in favor of diamond dynasty or any other mode?

I'm seeing the glitch with the pink field and the one with the silhouette players reported a lot. I've experienced both. Hopefully a lighting patch that addresses those two glitches and the lack of lighting in some ball park outfields won't be too far away.

I've gotten error NW-31194-8 around 70% Twice already -.- Have to restart the download from scratch each time this happens, this is some bullshit.

DoctorZ

I got the weird black texture thing in HRD. Stock launch PS4, digital version if that even matters.

I've seen some on OS post about it as well, its a know issue.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just won my first game in my franchise with the Astros (fantasy draft). I was up 2-1 and brought in Jose Veras to close it. 2 outs and A-rod hit a deep shot to straight center (good thing it was in Minute Maid) and I climbed the wall with Trout to grab the out. Whew

Strider

yep >_< they should have been a bit more clear about that, it looks exactly the same as the select button icon in the PS3 versions...

Dont feel bad. I sat here confused for like 5 minutes when I first saw that not knowing what to press. I forget the touchpad exists sometimes lol

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I've got a few questions:

When the strike zone first appears before a pitch, sometimes it's fully red, and sometimes it's broken into sections of blue and red. What does this mean? Does it mean different things if you're pitching or batting?

What is everyone's preferred way to bat? Full analog? Full analog plus zone?

I'm not a fan of baseball in the least, but I'm really enjoying this. It's a really solid game.

Strider

When the strike zone first appears before a pitch, sometimes it's fully red, and sometimes it's broken into sections of blue and red. What does this mean? Does it mean different things if you're pitching or batting?

I'm not a fan of baseball in the least, but I'm really enjoying this. It's a really solid game.

I could be wrong because I have this turnedd of but it seems like the blue/red that your seeing would be the hot/cold zones of the batter. red meaning they hit well when the pitch is located in that zone and blue meaning they don't hit well when the ball is pitched in that area.

oatmeal

Banned
The showcase for RTTS is really neat.

I blew my first game but pitched well the last two (I'm a starting pitcher). Was drafted in the 4th round...I was actually quite anxious during the drafting process lol.

Drafted by the Padres, and have been destroying AA (playing on All-Star right now). I'm three starts in and have around 31 K's. I did give up 4 ER in my last start, though 2 of them were runners that a relief pitcher inherited and gave up :(

In my second start I threw a complete game one hitter...that one hit? A grounder to the pitcher and I threw it to third because the controls were backwards from what I was used to :( 15 K's, 1 hit...no walks. Almost a perfect game. :(

beanman25

1. The red and blue sections represent hot and cool zones for the hitter. Where they have been hitting well (red) and not so well (blue).

2. I love batting with Zone personally. First game on the setting after Veteran and I put up 6 on Matt Cain through 3.

Hot & cold zones, player-specific. They're the same if you're pitching or batting but flipped around if you know what I mean. You want to generally avoid the red areas if you're pitching, but you want to swing at pitches in the red if you're batting.

I just use timing hitting and classic pitching; this facilitates the ability to play with a totally empty HUD which is a must for me.

Lrrr

Just won my first game in my franchise with the Astros (fantasy draft). I was up 2-1 and brought in Jose Veras to close it. 2 outs and A-rod hit a deep shot to straight center (good thing it was in Minute Maid) and I climbed the wall with Trout to grab the out. Whew

Alex Rodriguez is in the game?

It's the hot and cold zones for the batter. The batter hits pitches better in the red zone than the blue zone, so to speak. I use timing exclusively for batting personally. Trying to be patient at the plate is hard enough, let alone worrying about moving the analog stick as well. The game is definitely fantastic as usual.

Mifune

Mehmber
Well I was up until 5 am playing Road to the Show. So uh yeah, I guess I like this game.

My guy is hitting over .400 in AA. Hope I get called up soon.

Xater

Hmm how does the progression in Diamond Dynasty work? I see the bar in the upper left window but despite having played and won two Extra Innings games I see no progress.

v1lla21

What difficulty do you guys play on? I play on veteran since I'm new but will probably switch over to all star by tonight since I started to get better last night.

Xater

What difficulty do you guys play on? I play on veteran since I'm new but will probably switch over to all star by tonight since I started to get better last night.

Beginner...

I reached the highest grade there so I think I might change batting to dynamic. That way it gets harder if I improve or easier if I suck too much.

Also .400 in AA? I was called up with like .320. I wish I was this good. In AAA I am now at like .250.

Mifune

Mehmber
.400?!

Teach me.

It's been a while since I've played so I'm on Veteran. Will probably bump it up soon. Although I'm enjoying getting two or three hits every game.

My trick has been just to be patient. I only swing early in the count if it's middle-in and slightly up. Otherwise I take. And the thing is, even if you go into a deep count and make an out, you still get training points. So I recommend taking a couple pitches to start unless the pitcher really throws something you can drill.

Also, wait for the ball to come to you. Don't swing until the very last split-second. I do this and still sometimes pull the ball. The thing is, your swing is faster than you think. In AA very few pitchers will be able to sneak a fastball past you.

So Um... I am having an issue with my game. Out of the blue the below happened.. I have restarted the game.. it still happens. I had played about 15 RTTS games and the save originated on a PS3 which I pulled down from the cloud. Anyone else have this issue or know how the crap I fix it?

I forgot about the screen capture feature so reached for my phone.. but you get the point.. even the crowds are gone...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg
i ran into the same problem last night on my ps4, have a video recording of it. but don't want to bother with the facebook uploading. i pitched the entire game vs marlins with everything is eaten by these dark particles, only the strike zone available lol. they have some serious issues, but that's just one game out of the whole spring training. i have played 4 or 5 major games since then.
the initial installation was long, i went to see a movie instead lol.

MickeyPhree

You guys playing RTTS for the very first time, make the computer throw you a strike first. Don't swing at the first pitch unless its right down the middle.

Work on upgrading your plate vision in addition to your contact rates intially at the start, especially if you are using zone hitting.

friz898

Has anybody tried out remote play on Vita for this?

After finishing FF X HD, I'm considering finally selling my launch day vita. But I am hesitant about selling it, I may keep it as a PS4 remote play device.

(I don't have a PS4 yet.)

w00zey

Has anybody tried out remote play on Vita for this?

After finishing FF X HD, I'm considering finally selling my launch day vita. But I am hesitant about selling it, I may keep it as a PS4 remote play device.

(I don't have a PS4 yet.)

I did remote play and while it was okay even with direct connect (having it on the floor by my chair at work) I still got lag spikes from time to time which sucks for a baseball game. Child of light works great though :)

ukas

Is it me or do they not have the St.Louis Arch mowed into the grass at Busch Stadium? I didn't see it last night when I play an exhibition game there

Allforce

What's this OSFM roster people refer to and how do I access it? I'm assuming it's user-made rosters that are seen as a lot better than the ones put out by the dev?

friz898

I did remote play and while it was okay even with direct connect (having it on the floor by my chair at work) I still got lag spikes from time to time which sucks for a baseball game. Child of light works great though :)

Although my decision will be based on gameplay (lag/latency/smoothness) I am curious, was it kinda weird in the sense that it looked 10x better on the Vita compared to Vita MLB '14?

I bought MLB '12 and '13 for the Vita. I held up this year to buy it for PS4.

Top Bottom