• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2010-2011 Offseason Thread of Yawn the NL Wins Again, What Else is New?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Haha I was looking for an update on the Butch Huskey Award. My vote goes to Fox. Morse has needed the ABs, and if he's really going to get them this year, I think he'll put together a solid season.

McNei1y

Jon said:
Haha I was looking for an update on the Butch Huskey Award. My vote goes to Fox. Morse has needed the ABs, and if he's really going to get them this year, I think he'll put together a solid season.

There's always that argument that he would put up a solid season if he played an entire season based on his yearly stats. Hopefully this year he can show that. I want to know what its like to find a piece of gold in a player like this.

Jon

McNei1y said:
There's always that argument that he would put up a solid season if he played an entire season based on his yearly stats. Hopefully this year he can show that. I want to know what its like to find a piece of gold in a player like this.

He's the next Jayson Werth!

McNei1y

bluemax said:
Mike Morse is awesome every spring and then not awesome once the calendar turns to April.

Are we talking about the same player? He's only played one April and was given ~10 at bats the entire month. He's never been given the chance to play an entire year. His stats have been fine for a pinch hitter which is what hes pretty much been his entire career. The last months of 2010 was his first chance to start playing on the regular and he did very well for someone given the opportunity. He's got the potential to be a great everyday player.

painey

got my tickets to A's @ Twins :) Finally seeing the A's after following them for 6 years. Very excited, even though this looks like one of the worst teams in recent memory.

Maxim726X

Joe Shlabotnik said:
Yeah, please give us a report on this when you get back.

Actually everyone was really chill. Just some older guys who have been doing this for 20 years. A lot of guys who like to gamble, too. Believe it or not some had absolutely no idea what they were doing, or even what teams some pretty well known players are on.

Honestly I think the team I drafted is pretty good:

1b) Adrian Gonzalez
2b) Kelly Johnson
3b) David Wright
C) Mike Napoli
SS) Starlin Castro
OF) Matt Holiday, Alex Rios, Nick Swisher
Util) Adam Dunn, Adam LaRoche, Coco Crisp, Erik Aybar,Ty Wigginton

SP) Cole Hamels, Matt Cain, Clay Bucholz, Jeremy Hellickson, Jair Jurrjens, Jaime Garcia
RP) John Axford, Chris Sale, Daniel Bard

Bench: J.P. Aracibia, Jim Thome, Chris Young, Ryan Theriot, John Lackey, Octavio Dotel

Thoughts? Tips? Advice?

Built the team with power and RBI in mind, with the hopes that runs scored would come. SBs are gonna be pretty low, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom