• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinse82

No kidding. Would hate to have to explain the coming playoff collapse for years.

See, the 2001 Mariners finished the season at 116-46 and was recognized as the no questions favorite entering the playoffs. Amazing hitting, incredible pitching, they had it all. And they got rolled by the Yanks in the playoffs.

That's what Seattle has to do with the 2015 Toronto Blue Jays.

Playoff collapse?

Lol the MLB playoffs are essentially a crapshoot.

If they lose in round 1, it won't be because they decided to rest players under the circumstances they faced after the Baltimore rainout.

No kidding. Would hate to have to explain the coming playoff collapse for years.

See, the 2001 Mariners finished the season at 116-46 and was recognized as the no questions favorite entering the playoffs. Amazing hitting, incredible pitching, they had it all. And they got rolled by the Yanks in the playoffs.

That's what Seattle has to do with the 2015 Toronto Blue Jays.

You're an idiot. That is all.

You're an idiot. That is all.

jays_lose_again.jpg

3N16MA

Banned
It's true that this Jays team won't blow leads like the Leafs. They will probably drop another 4-5 runs on you for breathing room.

Line_HTX

Ahh damnit, I'm stupid for missing this thread going up. Was too busy seeing the locker room celebrations on Twitter.

This'll be an interesting week before the Divisional Series.

jman2050

Really though I gave up trying to make a predictive playoff analysis ages ago. This isn't basketball, every possible combination of series wins and losses you can think of is a realistic possibility because baseball is stupid like that.

Dodgers should really be considered the favorites with Kershaw and Greinke. Cardinals have to be the favorites though in an odd year. And Toronto is obviously the real favorites with that run differential and David Price.

Teams I want to win:

1. Cubs (Back to the Future)
2. Blue Jays (awesome team especially if Tulo plays well)
3. Pirates (the most likable team)
4. Mets (Cespedes is cool)
5. Astros (have never won)
6. Rangers (have never won)
7. Royals (not super likable but would still be fun to see them win)

...so it will probably be Cards/Dodgers vs Yankees

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
If the Mets can at least split the first 2 games, they'll win the series.

deGrom/Thor/Harvey>Grenke/Kershaw.

Parch

It's really, really important to point out the Blue Jays have absolutely zero association with the Maple Leafs organization. Don't want any of that rubbing off.

They're the Canada Blue Jays who just happen to play in Toronto.

pestul

The Jays probably have a better shot at a championship within the next 5-10yrs than all Canadian NHL teams combined do..

ShaneB

Let's go Blue Jays.

Hoping for a fun playoffs. Rooting for the Cubs as well.

Dodgers vs Mets will be a fun series.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I'm excited for prospect list season. The Braves are respectable in that department again!

Meier

Well that is some grade A bullshit. Lost my fantasy baseball championship on that Chris Davis home run in the 8th. Meant the guy tied me in hits and HRs and he won the week 5-4 rather than losing 6-5. Unfuckingbelievable.

BumRush

I know he looked good away the last couple of starts but line syndergaard up for home, Terry. He's insane there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom