• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Choomp

Banned
Whats your teams biggest plus? Biggest minus at the midseason point?

Cards:

Biggest Plus: Aledmys Diaz
Biggest minus: Everything else

Okay, well uh

Good: Veteran pickups(Loney, Cabrera) been very solid. Jeurys Familia, Cespedes
Bad: Matt Harvey, rest of the bullpen(besides Addison reed I guess) hitting in general, especially with runners in scoring position. The starting pitching needs to be absolutely lights out a lot of the time with the struggling offense, and lately especially a lot of the arms have been struggling

Okay, well uh

Good: Veteran pickups(Loney, Cabrera) been very solid. Jeurys Familia, Cespedes
Bad: Matt Harvey, rest of the bullpen(besides Addison reed I guess) hitting in general, especially with runners in scoring position. The starting pitching needs to be absolutely lights out a lot of the time with the struggling offense, and lately especially a lot of the arms have been struggling

Good: Loney, Ces is crushing
Bad: injuries, the soul of da Murph Man

Friggz

If Kershaw goes 20 wins, with a sub 1.8 era and 0.75 whip with a 10-1 K/BB ratio you're not just looking at MVP...you're looking at 2nd, maybe best season all time by a SP (99 Pedro right now is close).

But going based off the numbers, if he misses 2-3 starts, doesn't get 20 wins, era climbs above 2, then one of those Cubs will probably take it.

kershaw has had a good season, but please stop. right now kershaws best season is pedros 5th best

wbsmcs

kershaw has had a good season, but please stop. right now kershaws best season is pedros 5th best

Good season is bit of an understatement. I agree that Pedro's 99 and 2000 are better years, but Kershaw this year falls right under and the year isn't over. It's crazy that with a 1.79 era he's actually UNDER PERFORMING. His FIP right now is actually lower, albeit by a small amount (1.70 FIP), but it shows that he actually is pitching that well. Not like Greinke last year with a FIP a full run higher than his 1.66 era.

So Gose simply cleared out his locker and left the premises? Wow.

I'm glad we got rid of that guy, and got someone good in return. He has baseball IQ issues.

MaeKen gives you 8 wins and just had 13K/0BB game and you give him this

you do not deserve the glory of MaeKen warmup stretches

He's still gathering his stamina. Second start over 7 innings. Need more of him. Already got our monies worth from him. But the second half of baseball is where we need him..

*crosses fingers*

Top Bottom