• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

eznark

Banned
That Eric Hosmer "pussy" shirt..

everything about that guy simply oozes douche it's crazy

sfl-eric-hosmer-through-the-years-20141016-012

BFIB

I can honestly say, I really have no desire to know if Yadi has a tat on his belly button.

We know Edmonds doesn't.

edmonds-half-shirt.jpg

The Yankees don't want their richest fans to have to sit next to poorer fans

That's some fucking elitist bullshit right there.

While the policy is elitist and garbage, the most boring seats I've ever had were in those super expensive seats at Yankee Stadium. My god. It's a library down there. And half the seats were empty. The people that came down to sit there were zombies.

I left and went out to the bleachers. It was great. People out there are lively. Way better experience.

Sanjuro

I wonder what the actual biggest fanbase is here now?

Last time I updated the list it was Yanquis. I think it may be the hack fraud Dodger fans.

I wonder what the actual biggest fanbase is here now?

Last time I updated the list it was Yanquis. I think it may be the hack fraud Dodger fans.
Come on Sanji I thought we were friends. :(

On a different note don't forget to DVR Burgers, Brew & Que tonight. They've been showing places in your area.

RIP

I got his autograph when the Tigers and Brewers played an exhibition game in Richmond. It was like, wow, big leaguers! People were pushing/leaning pretty hard when Cecil was signing so he stopped.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
MLB agent Bart Hernandez arrested for human trafficking:

Agent Bart Hernandez was arrested Friday morning after a federal grand jury indicted him on human-trafficking charges related to the smuggling of Seattle Mariners outfielder Leonys Martin into the United States from Cuba, according to sources and documents obtained by Yahoo Sports.

The sealed indictment, filed in a Florida federal court Feb. 12, alleges that Hernandez – who now works for Magnus Sports, the agency founded by singer Marc Anthony – conspired with smugglers to bring Martin into the United States in August 2010. He is expected to appear at the U.S. District Court in Miami at 2 p.m. on Friday. If convicted on conspiracy and financial-gain charges, Hernandez faces up to 20 years in prison, with a minimum sentence of three years.

The initials of Hernandez's highest-profile client, White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu, now represented by Relativity Sports, appear in the indictment alongside Martin and Philadelphia Phillies minor leaguer Dalier Hinojosa's. If convicted, Hernandez must forfeit proceeds from the contracts of the three and an additional $1.5 million, along with a 2001 Honda motorcycle.

The indictment says Hernandez "did willingly … and knowingly conspire, confederate, and agree with Eliezer Lazo, Joel Martinez Hernandez, and other persons … to commit an offense against the United States." Lazo, the mastermind of the smuggling scheme, pleaded guilty to extortion conspiracy and was sentenced to more than 14 years in federal prison. He was already serving a five-year sentence for Medicare fraud. Martinez Hernandez was jailed for the Medicare-fraud case as well.

According to a lawsuit filed by Martin, now a 27-year-old center fielder, Lazo and Martinez Hernandez held him and his family hostage while Hernandez and his employers, Scott Shapiro and Barry Praver, negotiated Martin’s five-year, $15.5 million contract with the Texas Rangers. Martin paid $1.2 million to Estrellas del Baseball, a front for Lazo and Martinez Hernandez’s smuggling operation, according to the lawsuit.

Top Bottom