• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

Malo

Banned
I'm sure Piazza won't miss it.
reXgkTK.jpg

Chris R

Holy cow Angels single game ticket prices are insane. Also, are there really 5 levels or are there just three but they split the lower and upper into 2 for more ticket pricing options?

I'll just use Stubhub or Ticketmaster week of to get my tickets, was able to sit basically right behind home plate at Safeco last year for cheeeeeap with that app.

Yeeep this kid is signing (signed) with the braves

https://twitter.com/gondeee/status/700709739924221952

Way to keep it under the radar.

Probably, but nothing is set in stone until after July 2.

Keith Law already said another team beat the Braves' offer earlier (which the Braves then beat).

Just look at Eddy Julio Martinez from last year and the Cubs swooping in and beating the Giants' deal. Or Lucius Fox signing with the Giants over the Dodgers.

(if anything, the $4.5m number being thrown around hurts the Braves)

RBH

I just found out that Chipper Jones was signing autographs earlier today at a Dicks Sporting Goods literally less than 3 miles from my house, and I completely missed out on it.

yioV1.gif

He is going to give up a lot of home runs up in the AL East. Interesting move for the O's though, I feel like they should be more focused on rebuilding than contending this season.
Yeah, giving up a draft pick is worrisome. Even if they can never draft worth a shit anyway. I don't think anyone thinks Gallardo is good enough to forfeit the 14th pick in the draft. Anyone but the people running the Orioles anyway.

Still though, Gallardo is (Unfortunately) probably the best starting pitcher in their rotation now.

ampere

I just found out that Chipper Jones was signing autographs earlier today at a Dicks Sporting Goods literally less than 3 miles from my house, and I completely missed out on it.

http://i.imgur.com/yioV1.gif[img][/QUOTE]

Don't worry, you'll be in Illinois soon and you can root for a different team. Won't need that autograph then anyways

All Star game is at PetCo this year. Thinking about going since I had a great experience the last time I was there. But don't want to sign up to be a member just to get first dibs

vern

]

1. Would you really want to have a chat with that moron though?
2. Are you 8? Why do you want someone to write their name for you?

If you really want a chipper autograph I might still have a ball he signed for me sitting in my closet somewhere. I'll send to you if you pay me shipping. And if I can find it. Think I have John smoltz somewhere too... One of the pitchers anyway. Got them late 90s when I was a kid and an autograph was cool.

Can't wait for baseball. Even year magic. Wooooo!

Orioles going all-in with Gallardo and Fowler, which is like going all-in with pocket fours.

Draft picks gone, and this team probably ain't competing with that starting rotation, anyway.

RBH

If you really want a chipper autograph I might still have a ball he signed for me sitting in my closet somewhere. I'll send to you if you pay me shipping. And if I can find it. Think I have John smoltz somewhere too... One of the pitchers anyway. Got them late 90s when I was a kid and an autograph was cool.

Can't wait for baseball. Even year magic. Wooooo!

Chipper may be a moron.......but he's our moron!

And no, I'm not 8 and dying to get an autograph. Just thought it was cool that one of the team's greats was right in my neighborhood.

And no need for the random drive-by insults. Your post has the maturity of an 8-year-old behind it, ironically enough.

Orioles going all-in with Gallardo and Fowler, which is like going all-in with pocket fours.

Draft picks gone, and this team probably ain't competing with that starting rotation, anyway.

Yeah, but with the comp draft pick situation, if you're getting one you have to get both.

It's a bit of a hail mary for the season though. The Royals making everyone think they can contend.

What did you think of the Davis signing? Still makes no sense to me.

WTF is this shit? Yeah, being able to say hello and shake hands with a hall of famer from your favorite team. What a-hole would want to do that? Fuck outta here with that.

I got to meet Jody Davis last year while he was signing autographs with Fergie Jenkins and 5 other old Cubs at spring training. Told some old stories, ripped my buddy apart for saying something stupid, it was great.

But yeah, what am I, 8? GTFO

I don't understand why blackouts are a thing.

Old media fear.

What did you think of the Davis signing? Still makes no sense to me.

I think it sucks Boras beat the O's front office, and that's a ton of money, particularly for the O's. Angelos doesn't sign deals like this, ever since the Albert Belle fiasco. If Davis tanks, Angelos will never sign anyone again.

Top Bottom