• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Mike Francesa Fan Club |OT3|

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

yay white sox won... hopefully that win will lead into them feeling good against the tigers tomorrow

and yay indians are winning hopefully they win the the white sox lead goes to 2 so even if they lose tomorrow they will still be a game up lol

Fenix

yay white sox won... hopefully that win will lead into them feeling good against the tigers tomorrow

and yay indians are winning hopefully they win the the white sox lead goes to 2 so even if they lose tomorrow they will still be a game up lol
Whoops, Miggy time.

The Phillies came into this series having won 7 in a row and just lost 3 out of 4 to the Astros?

vh583b.gif

zulux21

Whoops, Miggy time.

It's not hard to see the reason why tigers fans feel miggy should be MVP despite the fact trout has a much higher WAR... the simple fact is if miggy wasn't on the team the tigers would likely be 10 plus games back lol, which indeed makes him pretty darn valuable.

Fenix

It's not hard to see the reason why tigers fans feel miggy should be MVP despite the fact trout has a much higher WAR... the simple fact is if miggy wasn't on the team the tigers would likely be 10 plus games back lol, which indeed makes him pretty darn valuable.
I'd doubt it's that dramatic a contribution, but offensively, one of the best players I've ever seem, obviously, but his defense at 3rd, yeesh. Trout has it all around and quite rightly deserves the MVP.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
and if Trout was not on the Angels the Angels would be farther back than than the Tigers if they were missing Cabrera.

clemenx

Banned
Miggy was a better MVP candidate last year. I will never understand how the Verlander narrative got so much press the way it did.

zulux21

I'd doubt it's that dramatic a contribution, but offensively, one of the best players I've ever seem, obviously, but his defense at 3rd, yeesh. Trout has it all around and quite rightly deserves the MVP.

don't get me wrong I still think it goes to trout, but miggy alone has won 6 games against the white sox this year. That's not to say his replacement maybe wouldn't have done something to help win in those situations, but Miggy has done a ton of hitting in runs that put the tigers in the lead or pad the lead when they are only up by 1 to save a lead when valverde gives up a run to make it a one run finish.

don't get me wrong I still think it goes to trout, but miggy alone has won 6 games against the white sox this year. That's not to say his replacement maybe wouldn't have done something to help win in those situations, but Miggy has done a ton of hitting in runs that put the tigers in the lead or pad the lead when they are only up by 1 to save a lead when valverde gives up a run to make it a one run finish.
Trout still leads all batters in win probability added according to Fangraphs.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
trout has been the better hitter (best hitter in baseball this season) and plays a great CF (vs a shitty 3B), and has been great on the basepaths (vs god awful). I honestly don't see a argument that would change my mind on the AL MVP. It should be unanimous.

Trout has been worth 3.4 more wins than Cabrera (third best in the AL fWAR) and he has played 20 less gms! This season has been on historic levels.

Top 5 Players in fWAR in the AL

Trout 9.4
Cano 6.2
Verlander 6.1
Cabrera 6.0
Beltre 5.8

Fenix

again, I still think it goes to trout, just saying I can see the argument for miggy.

either way, here's hoping valverde gets a blown save today ^^
Yeah, not arguing about who wins MVP, Miggy will definitely get his share of votes, just pointing out that he is a fairly one dimensional player. How many Tigers games are close because of his lack of range at third? Much harder to tell than what is plainly obvious with his bat.

Edit: Yes, if it's not unanimous I'll be very disappointed.

zulux21

yeah ROTY and MVP should be obviously trout in the AL I really can't see them going any other way (I still think there should be a ROTY position and a ROTY pitcher though as they are so hard to compare, I mean a rookie pitcher could be the Cy Young winner with 25 wins and a 2.1 ERA and 250 Ks and a .95 WHIP and would that beat out trout?)

I think the Cy Young will be interesting though... I don't really see any true front runners at this time, very well how the final few starts go will decide the winner for that.

Fenix

yeah ROTY and MVP should be obviously trout in the AL I really can't see them going any other way (I still think there should be a ROTY position and a ROTY pitcher though as they are so hard to compare, I mean a rookie pitcher could be the Cy Young winner with 25 wins and a 2.1 ERA and 250 Ks and a .95 WHIP and would that beat out trout?)

I think the Cy Young will be interesting though... I don't really see any true front runners at this time, very well how the final few starts go will decide the winner for that.
Felix/Verlander/Price at this point, no?

Edit: Also Sale maybe?

zulux21

Felix/Verlander/Price at this point, no?

Edit: Also Sale maybe?
really depending on how the last starts go for people it could be felix, verlander, price, sale or weaver. I mean Weaver is winning in WHIP and is second in ERA he shouldn't be ignored either.

and between those 5 I can't really say for certain which one should be the cy young. It easily could change with their last 2-3 starts.

edit: YES lead off double, come on indians blown save for valverde!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom