• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
9921442.gif

Available on Monday.

Enron

Banned
I like my offense, but I think i gave up too early on speed and i waited too long to take my 4/5 starters.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I already feel disgusted having both Ryan Braun and Curtis Granderson on my team. They are available in a trade if anybody is interested.

aFIGurANT

^ Lol, worst sport to miss too in terms of the season and everything. This is the owner of the eventual champion team TiR btw guys, hoping I'm not the troll that was mentioned. Besides picking like three cardinals pitchers way too early I think I did ok for being slammed against a bunch of mormons on their way to conference via light rail during as much of the draft I could be online for.

Flunkie

Banned
Draft went well imo - although I hated I had to leave as the bench players picking started. That's usually the time to beef up and shore up your shortcomings from the rounds before. I came back to find that I autopicked like 75% of the players I have on other teams - something I was kind of trying to stray away from, lol.

Pumped to have gotten Brett Myers, though, as the number of RP/P slots is small so his SP eligibility for a closer is definitely a plus. His negative being that he's on the Astros.

why teh fuck don't I have any players on my team!? it was set to auto draft, i even set custom draft order, enron!?
wait, nobody is showing their rosters, why?
edit 2: actually , i have to click on sunday's tab to see players... never mind my rant.. must be chrome acting up....

aFIGurANT

Gotta go to My team and then navigate over to Sunday (first week of scoring I guess). The fantasy app will also show you everything too if you can get that. And yeah Flunkie, I love that allen craig is classified as 2B even though there's no way in hell he'll play there this season one assumes.

JambiBum

why teh fuck don't I have any players on my team!? it was set to auto draft, i even set custom draft order, enron!?
wait, nobody is showing their rosters, why?
edit 2: actually , i have to click on sunday's tab to see players... never mind my rant.. must be chrome acting up....

For whatever reason they won't just show up under my team. They will show up under add drop though.

Malo

Banned
You have to click on the April 1st tab since that's officially when the season for the draft starts.

Flunkie

Banned
What's the name of your teams?

I might be one of the most obvious ones on there, with my team name being the Flunksters, and my team avatar (mascot) being the squirrel.

Gotta go to My team and then navigate over to Sunday (first week of scoring I guess). The fantasy app will also show you everything too if you can get that. And yeah Flunkie, I love that allen craig is classified as 2B even though there's no way in hell he'll play there this season one assumes.

In the most remote of circumstances, I can see him getting a couple starts there if Descalso/Greene/Skip are sitting/injured and Jay plays CF.

I'm also pissed that this makes it four drafts now that I've missed out on every single Cardinal, despite me being a diehard Cards fan. They just seem to go for too much - we squeeze a lot value from our players, and they seem to be better in real life than they do in fantasy. I had my heart set on Motte until an autodrafter picked him right before me. :\

Enron

Banned
How could you forget? I posted like a zillion (okay 3) reminders!

I'LL BET SANJURO WOULD HAVE SHOWN UP FOR THIS DRAFT.

RBH

The Braves acquired third baseman Juan Francisco from the Reds in exchange for right-hander J.J. Hoover, according to a press release from the team.

Francisco, 24, has appeared in 81 games for the Reds over the last three seasons, posting a slash line of .284/.331/.450. The left-handed hitter was out-of-options and MLB.com's Mark Sheldon writes that he showed up to camp overweight and did not properly rehabilitate a right calf injury that he suffered over the winter.

Hoover, 24, will report to the Reds' Triple-A affiliate. The 6'3" hurler split time between Double-A and Triple-A last season, making 14 starts and 29 relief appearances. In total, Hoover registered a 2.64 ERA with 10.0 K/9 and 3.4 BB/9 in 2011.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/04/braves-acquire-juan-francisco-from-reds.html

Malo

Banned
They're playing at the new marlins' stadium right now. I'm actually coming around to it, looks decent.

eznark

Banned
I'm doubting that you saw him live. Sat in left field at a Sox game once. Never seen a more nervous athlete in my life.

He was a starter for the early 2000's in the National League. I can guaranty you I saw him play. I can also say his defense never really made an impression on me, though it may have and I totally forgot. He was kind of like Francisco though, right? A stick with no place to play who failed miserably at third and they tried to hide him in left? I don't know, pretty non-descript guy.

Just looked him up, maybe he didn't start for those Rockies teams but I guaranty I saw him play. From like 1998-2006 I was at about 85-90% of the Brewers home games.

Talon

He was a starter for the early 2000's in the National League. I can guaranty you I saw him play. I can also say his defense never really made an impression on me, though it may have and I totally forgot. He was kind of like Francisco though, right? A stick with no place to play who failed miserably at third and they tried to hide him in left? I don't know, pretty non-descript guy.

Just looked him up, maybe he didn't start for those Rockies teams but I guaranty I saw him play. From like 1998-2006 I was at about 85-90% of the Brewers home games.
His last stint with the Braves is what I'm referring to. Dude couldn't bend over.

This is the worst argument - if you want to call it that - we have ever had.

Mets announce Johan Santana will pitch on Opening Day against the Braves on Thursday. Santana hasn't pitched since September 2, 2010. Tommy Hanson is going for the Braves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom