• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think the 2005 yankees are, based on TRIANGLE WINZ, like the worst yankee team of the past 15 years.

Branduil

I'm thinking Clemens' not guilty verdict does nothing to de-taint his Hall of Fame bid. Still makes no sense that McNamee would tell the truth about Pettitte and Knoblauch (both said his statements about them were 100% accurate), but lie about Clemens.

I hope Clemens paid Pettitte a whole lot of money. What an absolute scumbag.

Brandon Beachy's MRI results are in.

Partially torn UCL. Going to see Dr. Andrews on Wednesday to setup Tommy John surgery.

Out until July 2013.

Sharp

Clemens has a clear HOF bid even if you discount the roids, I don't see how he doesn't get in. Even if you eliminate all his fWAR since '99 he still has only 6 less than fucking Randy Johnson and that's a pretty damn conservative approach.

RBH

Partially torn UCL. Going to see Dr. Andrews on Wednesday to setup Tommy John surgery.

Out until July 2013.

*lights penis on fire*

gallery_202155_323_1385331.gif

Out until July 2013.

Dammit. First Dempster and now Beachy. My $$ league ruined... Mo done for the season, now Beachy. Gotta rely on CC and Cueto now

Cena sucks, but A-Rod and Jeter don't.

Oh god I need to stop watching this Cubs/Sox game, it's embarassing.

damnit cubs

Let's Go Cena

The Braves have sick SP depth, so they'll be fine. Still a bummer to see the best one go down. I was really looking forward to seeing Beachy pitch in the All-Star Game.

"Decent" haha

So butthurt, you are.

I'm not one to hurl the "lifelong" epithet around, but damn, Oogie, the last time you were in the thread was when Jeter was hitting like .450 and you asked hilariously leading questions like "WHO IS THE BIGGEST SURPRISE OF THE SEASON?" Then he became relatively mortal again and you disappeared until they won over a week's worth of games. From one Yankees fan to another, at least stick around when they're not playing 1.000 ball if you're going to misinterpret comments from Reds fans.

Um, casual and new fans perfectly welcome otherwise, of course.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I'm not one to hurl the "lifelong" epithet around, but damn, Oogie, the last time you were in the thread was when Jeter was hitting like .450 and you asked hilariously leading questions like "WHO IS THE BIGGEST SURPRISE OF THE SEASON?" Then he became relatively mortal again and you disappeared until they won over a week's worth of games. From one Yankees fan to another, at least stick around when they're not playing 1.000 ball if you're going to misinterpret comments from Reds fans.

Um, casual and new fans perfectly welcome otherwise, of course.

lol I haven't been here in a while thanks to my new job (work nights, which is when the Yanks play), but on the rare chance I'm able to catch a game live (like tonight), I check out this thread. Sorry, I don't keep dibs on everyone who posts here, so I didn't know he was a Reds fan.

ESPN says R.A. Dickey is the first pitcher in MLB history to make 5 consecutive starts with 0 earned runs allowed and at least 8 strikeouts in all of them.

With Beachy now gone for the year, Dickey now has to be considered the clear favorite to start the All-Star Game for the NL.

ESPN says R.A. Dickey is the first pitcher in MLB history to make 5 consecutive starts with 0 earned runs allowed and at least 8 strikeouts in all of them.

With Beachy now gone for the year, Dickey now has to be considered the clear favorite to start the All-Star Game for the NL.

The majority of this thread are National League fans, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom