• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2017 OT:It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Sanjuro

Fuck...didn't even think of the possibility of us getting Dusty Baker.

I would send Wally photos of his kidnapped special lady friend.

plus it has a roof, they just close it and crank the AC

From the wording on that page, it seems they only count games with the roof open:

Perhaps not surprisingly, six of the seven warmest MLB playoff games since 1997 have occurred at the home stadium of the Arizona Diamondbacks. Their stadium also has a retractable roof, so it's possible that there were playoff games on warmer days that were not played outdoors.

That would seem to indicate to me that the games recorded were played "outdoors" / with the roof open

Joe

After dominating the highly competitive bottled-water market the Yankees are proud to announce their newest conquest........esports.

DMgmuh_SWAAMdm1_G.jpg

Checking in. Not totally surprised by the Dusty firing. He’s had some really bad luck but they simply were not doing enough come playoff time and it’s ultimately a business.

Let’s go Yanks!

zulux21

Checking in. Not totally surprised by the Dusty firing. He's had some really bad luck but they simply were not doing enough come playoff time and it's ultimately a business.

Let's go Yanks!

some bad luck?

I would say he has had an incredible run of luck his entire managerial career.

by all accounts he is terrible at his job, yet he still somehow keeps being in charge of teams that have a ton of talent and make it to the playoffs despite him.

also.. go astros.

some bad luck?

I would say he has had an incredible run of luck his entire managerial career.

by all accounts he is terrible at his job, yet he still somehow keeps being in charge of teams that have a ton of talent and make it to the playoffs despite him.

also.. go astros.

How do you figure losing all of those elimination games not being bad luck, especially after being up, lol

zulux21

How do you figure losing all of those elimination games not being bad luck, especially after being up, lol

it's just some normalizing luck.

I mean if you walk down the street and every day you find $20.

and then for a period of 3 days you lost $5 on that walk instead of finding $20.

I don't think you would say overall that you have had really bad luck. especially since dusty will no doubt find another job with another team and go back to his finding $20 on every walk ways :p

it's just some normalizing luck.

I mean if you walk down the street and every day you find $20.

and then for a period of 3 days you lost $5 on that walk instead of finding $20.

I don't think you would say overall that you have had really bad luck. especially since dusty will no doubt find another job with another team and go back to his finding $20 on every walk ways :p

For someone who has managed as many good teams as Dusty has, he deserves better. He went through the misery of the 2003 Cubs and now all of these Nationals collapses. He deserves better. Not saying the guy is the best manager in the world, but he deserved more from an individual accomplishment level.

gamz

For someone who has managed as many good teams as Dusty has, he deserves better. He went through the misery of the 2003 Cubs and now all of these Nationals collapses. He deserves better. Not saying the guy is the best manager in the world, but he deserved more from an individual accomplishment level.

Nah. If he managed your favorite team and you watched him on a daily basis you'd understand.

Not totally surprised by the Dusty firing. He's had some really bad luck

For someone who has managed as many good teams as Dusty has, he deserves better.

That's just the thing - "For someone who has managed as many good teams as Dusty has," he has done poorly with them. They were good teams that he managed badly. A better manager would have done more with the hands that he's been given. The fact that he's a bad manager isn't "bad luck" - it's that he's a bad manager.

Top Bottom