• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit, Gardenhire is going to have Mauer batting second to start the season. Keep him there. That's where he should hit.

Hicks
Mauer
Willingham
Morneau
Doumit
Plouffe
Parmelee
Dozier
Florimon

That's not a terrible offense. Shame about the pitching and the dreadful corner outfield defense.
Excited to see Hicks out there.see wat he's all about.

Fox318

AL East
Blue Jays
Yankees*
Orioles*
Rays
Red Sox

AL Central
Tigers
Indians
White Sox
Twins
Royals

AL West
Angels
Rangers
A's
Mariners
Astros

NL East
Nationals
Braves
Phillies
Marlins
Mets

NL Central
Reds
Pirates*
Brewers
Cardinals
Cubs

NL West
Giants
Dodgers*
Padres
Rockies
Diamondbacks

NL MVP: Joey Votto
AL MVP: Mike Trout
NL Cy: Clayton Kershaw
AL Cy: R.A. Dickey

AL Champ: Yankees
NL Champ: Pirates
World Series: Yankees

Joe Lee

I gotta say, I really do like how the Red Sox look this year. Rather than going out and overpaying on free agents, they settled for low-risk role-players. Reminds me a bit of 2004. I wouldn't be surprised to see them at least contend for a Wild Card. Definitely going to be interesting at least in the AL East since the whole division just looks so much more improved. Jays imported the Marlins, Baltimore is looking to prove that last year wasn't a fluke, the Rays still have their great pitching but can their bats do anything, Red Sox look to bounce back after a horrible 2012, and the Yankees... well maybe they can have a bad year for once. :p

Put me on that Red Sox list.

My picks:

AL East
Orioles
Red Sox*
Blue Jays*
Rays
Yankees

AL Central
Tigers
White Sox
Indians
Royals
Twins

AL West
Angels
A's
Rangers
Mariners
Astros

NL East
Nationals
Braves*
Phillies
Marlins
Mets

NL Central
Reds
Pirates*
Cardinals
Cubs
Brewers

NL West
Giants
Dodgers
Rockies
Diamondbacks
Padres

I always hate making predictions for the award-winners though.

Fox318

WzbuHIh.png

harSon

Banned
Everyone picking the Pirates to make it to the playoffs. I love you, I really do, but not even I'm the delusional. Next season is the season we make a splash, and we have Cole and Tailon to sure up the rotation. I hope ya'll are right though!

jakncoke

Banned
Everyone picking the Pirates to make it to the playoffs. I love you, I really do, but not even I'm the delusional. Next season is the season we make a splash, and we have Cole and Tailon to sure up the rotation. I hope ya'll are right though!

Who is doing this?

Also Cole should be up in June and Taillon August/September is my prediction with us missing .500 again

Pick'ems:
AL East
Yankees
Rays
Red Sox
Blue Jays
Orioles

AL Central
Twins
Indians
White Sox
Royals
Tigers

AL West
Angels
A's
Rangers
Mariners
Astros

NL East
Phillies
Braves

Mets
Marlins
Natinals

NL Central
Cubs
Reds
Cardinals
Brewers
Pirates

NL West
Dodgers
Diamondbacks
Giants
Rockies
Padres

NL MVP: Ryan Howard
AL MVP: Josh Hamilton
NL Cy: Cliff Lee
AL Cy: David Price

AL Champ: Blue Jays
NL Champ: Phillies
World Series: Blue Jays

eznark

Banned
AL EAST
Tampa Bay*
New York*
Boston
Toronto (sorry!)
Baltimore

AL CENTRAL
Detroit*
Cleveland*
Chicago
KC
Minnesota (not sorry)

AL WEST
LAAoA*
Texas
Oakland
Seattle
Houston (65 wins)

NL EAST
Washington*
Philadelphia*
Atlanta (81-81 suck it)
New York
Miami (64 wins)

NL CENTRAL
Cardinals (vomit...90 wins)*
Reds (84-78)
Pittsburgh (79)
Milwaukee (78)
Chicago (67)

NL WEST
Greinkes*
Giants*
Padres (.500)
Arizona
Colorado

Dodgers over Yankees in 7

GOD BLESS BASEBALL

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Can't wait to watch my minor league/AL ball club tonight.

*weeps*

Syrinx

So how many games will Houston win at the most this season?

50?

It's so hilarious to me that things can get so bad for a team that people are actually picking them to lose 110 games or so. Ed Wade truly was one of the worst general managers ever. How is it even possible to ruin a team that badly?

harSon

Banned
Who is doing this?

Also Cole should be up in June and Taillon August/September is my prediction with us missing .500 again

I doubt Taillon is put on the roster anytime before next season. He's still in AA and the Pirates are historically slow with the way they progress players through their farm system, especially pitchers.

I'm hoping Gregory Polanco and Alen Hanson continue to develop in the minors as well.

McDonald doesn't look like he's improved since the tail end of last season. I suspect we'll have to send him down to the minors at some point this season :| Dude's a wreck.

jakncoke

Banned
I doubt Taillon is put on the roster anytime before next season. He's still in AA and the Pirates are historically slow with the way they progress players through their farm system, especially pitchers.

I'm hoping Gregory Polanco and Alen Hanson continue to develop in the minors as well.

McDonald doesn't look like he's improved since the tail end of last season. I suspect we'll have to send him down to the minors at some point this season :| Dude's a wreck.

Yeah but I figure he'll be shot up to AAA before the late season call ups and when we're out of it in August/September they'll give him a taste. Then next year start out at AAA then bring up after June, if all things go well.

Jubs

AL East: Rays
AL Central: Tigers
AL West: Athletics
AL Wild Card: Blue Jays
AL Wild Card: Rangers

NL East: Braves
NL Central: Reds
NL West: Giants
NL Wild Card: Nats
NL Wild Card: Dodgers

World Series: Braves over Blue Jays in 4

AL MVP: Trout
AL Cy Young: King Felix
AL Rookie: Aaron Hicks
NL MVP: Votto
NL Cy Young: Kershaw
NL Rookie: Julio Teheran

Syrinx

I entertained the idea of putting the Pirates in the playoffs, but I just couldn't do it. I picked the D"Backs over the Cardinals instead just cause I didn't want to pick the same 5 teams that went last year.

Doytch

WORLD SERIES FAVOURITES!

SWAGGERBEISBOL! PLATANOPOWER! PENNANTZ! MUSTARD! BAGGED MILK!

Also:
Nats, Reds, Giants + Braves and Cards
Jays, Tigers, Rangers + Angels and Rays

Trout, Verlander, Profar
Votto, Strasburg, some no-name in a no-name league

Jays over Nats

rekameohs

Banned
So how many games will Houston win at the most this season?

50?

Guessing Houston's record will be more entertaining than the award winners. I'll go with 49-113.

I'll still throw in the team guesses, and screw it, I'll throw a little optimism in there... :p

AL East
TB
TOR
NYY
BOS
BAL

AL Central
DET
CLE
KC
CHW
MIN

AL West
LAA
TEX
OAK
SEA
HOU

NL East
WAS
ATL
PHI
NYM
MIA

NL Central
CIN
STL
PIT (80-82, lol)
MIL
CHC

NL West
SF
ARI
LAD
SD
COL

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
holy shit the 1899 clevland spiders were 20-134, 84 games out lolll, some how the 1898 team was 81-68, so wow
I could be thinking of something else, but as I recall the team was sold to different ownership and the original owners took all the players with them to a new team.

Sharp

I could be thinking of something else, but as I recall the team was sold to different ownership and the original owners took all the players with them to a new team.
IIRC there was actually one owner for the new team and the Spiders. The end result was the same, though--every half-decent player the Spiders had was transferred to the other team. The guys playing for the Spiders were basically amateurs. I don't really consider it a "legitimate" season for that reason.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
IIRC there was actually one owner for the new team and the Spiders. The end result was the same, though--every half-decent player the Spiders had was transferred to the other team. The guys playing for the Spiders were basically amateurs. I don't really consider it a "legitimate" season for that reason.
Yeah, that sounds right.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Just got my season tickets, much nicer than last year's. Ready for an awesome season of baseball.
I might be able to go to the game on Thursday. Sadly I don't think the marlins have a chance in hell to win.

Smokey

2013 World Series:

Houston vs Miami

Dumpster series

They still haven't sold out the opener for tonight

It's so hilarious to me that things can get so bad for a team that people are actually picking them to lose 110 games or so. Ed Wade truly was one of the worst general managers ever. How is it even possible to ruin a team that badly?

He was working for the Phillies the entire time. McLane was also a terrible owner who didn't give a shit anymore.

I got my tickets to Saturdays game today. Looks like it will be Mendoz versus Lannan. Hopefully the Phils will win, my wife and I have not had much luck seeing wins the last 7 years.

Sharp

I might be able to go to the game on Thursday. Sadly I don't think the marlins have a chance in hell to win.
It's baseball, unless you're a fan of the Cleveland Spiders it's never that unlikely.
I got my tickets to Saturdays game today. Looks like it will be Mendoz versus Lannan. Hopefully the Phils will win, my wife and I have not had much luck seeing wins the last 7 years.
Holy crap Lannan? Oh man. Oh man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom