• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangreal

Michael Pineda left today’s Extended Spring Training rehab start with a crack fingernail, Joe Girardi announced. His arm is fine but it sounds like he will have to be shut down for a few days, meaning the start of his official 30-day rehab assignment figures to be delayed. For what it’s worth, Girardi said Pineda was throwing the ball “very well.”

Eric Wedge says Sabermetrics made Dustin Ackley suck

Wedge was talking about Ackley's demotion to Triple-A and his mental approach, and he intimated that Ackley might have been too concerned with pitch selectivity and high on-base percentage, leading to a one-liner that hit on one of baseball's most intriguing ongoing philosophical battles.

"It's the new generation. It's all this sabermetrics stuff, for lack of a better term, you know what I mean?" Wedge said. "People who haven't played since they were 9 years old think they have it figured out. It gets in these kids' heads."

I'll never understand the desire to see a pitcher bat. Bunting is so thrilling.

I prefer actually having backups that can actually contribute to the game instead of rotting on the bench and seeing managers actually have to use some strategy. Ramiro Pena is a great example. He's been kicking ass for the Braves, whereas he totally gathered dust on the Yankees bench because of the DH.

And come on, you can't tell me it wouldn't be great entertainment watching Ron Washington manage with no DH for 162 games a year.

Unless your pitcher is Carlos Zambrano, you should not be okay with a pitcher in the line-up. And if you have Carlos Zambrano as your pitcher, you have even more to worry about.

Edit: It is cute when The Show makes fun of you for falling behind on a pitcher.

I guess the reason why this thread keeps getting bumped further down the forum is because of the influx of OT community threads.

Lyons is getting squeezed quite a bit right now. Hope he limits the damage and our bats continue to rake.

Malo

Banned
I prefer actually having backups that can actually contribute to the game instead of rotting on the bench and seeing managers actually have to use some strategy. Ramiro Pena is a great example. He's been kicking ass for the Braves, whereas he totally gathered dust on the Yankees bench because of the DH.

And come on, you can't tell me it wouldn't be great entertainment watching Ron Washington manage with no DH for 162 games a year.
No. He gathered dust and was let go because he couldn't hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom