• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 17' |OT| Now with less Papi!

You can smell the fear in people when you get into a game and they just try to friendly quit you after being in the pause menu for 20 seconds (When their team is equally stacked!)

Just played a team that was 867 so I guess he was close. Went in for the kill and Chris Sale was goddamn majestic. 7 strikeouts in 5 innings, before he quit on a mid-flight homer from Hanley. This guy had really good discipline but refused to swing on anything low and away so I kept hammering away there and then would kill him with that slider low and inside.

Up to 825 and 7-0 on the season. Need hopefully just 4 more wins!

I'm playing someone who is 926 and using a stacked lineup while starting...rookie JA Happ. So I think he's going for that rookie mission, and I can tell because he's throwing lots of two strikes and then trash.

Nervous game so far though, I hate Polo Grounds lol

He jumped off that JA Happ train in the 3rd inning hahahaha

I was about to call Jansen the greatest pitcher of all time until he sat on an inside cutter and hit a 2 run bomb to win after I took the lead in Extra innings :(

Amazing, I had enough common SPs to satisfy the King Felix program exchange mission lol

Also completed the 90+ contact or power collect mission for Hanley.........stupid game wanted to lock in Cano and Seager so I had to put them on sale for 500k each heh

I got up to 848 yesterday, but after that loss to the guy in WS and some other choke jobs I'm back down to 802.

Thankfully I still have a lot of time left anyways but I forgot how mentally draining these games are.

Rommel

I got up to 848 yesterday, but after that loss to the guy in WS and some other choke jobs I'm back down to 802.

Thankfully I still have a lot of time left anyways but I forgot how mentally draining these games are.

It's helped I don't care for the reward this year since I have hardware Miggy, I'm just playing for stats for my Joe Random mission. Stress levels are way down :)

It's helped I don't care for the reward this year since I have hardware Miggy, I'm just playing for stats for my Joe Random mission. Stress levels are way down :)

Yeah but getting to WS means a free 50 pack and more

I lost another one after winning my first, down to 799. I'm already tired of Cano's platooning bitch ass. Going to see what packs they release tomorrow and probably sell him for a bunch of those

For as much as I want that Miggy, I'm starting to get so frustrated with the way I'm losing games that I may need to stop the quest for my own sanity. I've blown multiple four run leads, some were my fault, but some were because of random errors or pop up home runs on pitches that are at a batters eye level.

I'm at 820 and I'll probably get to WS during the next event when all the current WS players are grinding that while the others like me are trying to get WS.

I'm at 820 and I'll probably get to WS during the next event when all the current WS players are grinding that while the others like me are trying to get WS.

If it's a 3 inning event I may do that so I can sell the reward when it's high

Also I hope the event doesn't suck but I bet you it'll be some shit like lefty batters vs righties this time

oh my god

I locked my AS Robinson Cano in and didn't know it

Fuck

AND MY GWYNN!?!?!?!?

WHEN THE FUCK DID THESE THINGS HAPPEN!!!!!

omg it was that same mission that almost got Jonsson above. FUCK

Rommel

oh my god

I locked my AS Robinson Cano in and didn't know it

Fuck

AND MY GWYNN!?!?!?!?

WHEN THE FUCK DID THESE THINGS HAPPEN!!!!!

omg it was that same mission that almost got Jonsson above. FUCK

Made me go check mine. I can still sell fortunately :D

Well I guess my 2B lineup is now Zobrist/Cano and I'll pinch hit Cano, and my outfield is what it is...

:(

I just want better 4th/5th starters. I like IV Nolan, don't love him. His control can be frustrating sometimes.

Got up to 829, started kicking this guy's ass who is 861. I hit a ball deep and suddenly the game freezes, not disconnects........shit like this makes me think it's intentional. What a bitch.

I better not get this L. Time to go take a nap.

Looks like it'll be a while. I hope he knows he will never play mlb again if he keeps this up

Rommel

His defense is better than that Kinsler and he can hit from both sides of the plate

Also be plays every position. Literally

I actually enjoy hitting with him. Hitting .700 with him right now through 3 games. Granted it is on rookie but he's been very solid.

Rommel

So the new event tomorrow according to the stream is AL Pitchers, NL Batters, no Diamonds with a 78 ovr max. Also only 3 innings... so happy about that.

Did they say what the reward is

I need to right my wrong..... :(

Sitting at 850 now (That guy eventually quit). 3 more wins is all I need. Alllllllllllll I need

Eric Gagne blew a 4-1 lead. in extra innings now. bullpen depleted. FML

god bless you miguel

god bless you

Up to 872. Just two more!!

Nolan should be the most expensive pitcher in the game.

DDh-HoCXYAIV1f-

Ps. I'm fucking tired of facing CC Sabathia.

LMAO, I've faced him like 50 times today myself

Squaring off vs. Oliver Perez, but this guy has a lot of lefties....and I've got Korupt's boy IV Nolan!

LET'S GO

Started dowm 3-0 and gone to bullpen already :(

About to get to seventh. Getting no hit.......
I'm going to score 5 runs in three innings

My bats didn't wake up till late and I didn't capitalize enough. But I had the tying run at the plate, he was scared, and this is the final pitch of the game:

60D9405A-020B-4B78-AFFC-3AA960088307_zpsw0yhwziz.jpg

Great. Back to 869.

I'm under 800 again. Don't feel bad.

Jered Weaver experiment was only good for one game as the next 3 games he was unreliable. Sold him, Zach Britton, and put $20 f'ing dollars into the game like a dumbass and bought Thor.

Rommel

The Sandberg grind is over. I mercilessly beat the Padres and A's until I completed it. Honestly was averaging 20+ runs a game. I had 2 games where my pitcher had 4 hits. All-Star Zobrist was a beast. In 75 AB's he hit over .600 with 15 HR's, Cano was a monster too and well hell everyone on my team was a monster during this run.

Oh and I threw 2 perfect games. One with Saberhegan with 24k's. I would play at a higher difficulty but I wanted to knock it out fast. Now I'm only 119 IP away from completing both AS programs.

Unlocked 99 Vida Blue!
Pulled Cueto from a Ballin' pack....I guess a diamond is a diamond and it's not Keuchel or Grienke.....
3 program packs - PS David Price :D

Not bad for unlocking all that after a win

Guess I won't be touching RS for the next week unless I suck at the event

Selling Cueto.....I have a feeling he won't be a diamond much longer

I'm going to win my next two and not look back.

God damn it I can't believe I fucked that last game up. My matchup wasn't even good...I think if we played again I'd kick his ass. Oh well baseball is baseball.

Always reminds me what a pain this climb back is. When you play people who make you pay attention to every pitch while batting and pitching it's so draining and a far different feel from multitasking while playing the CPU.

Sometimes you just play a game where you can't hit into any gaps while all your infielders do is act like matadors on his hits. And then the umpire gives him all the calls while you get none.

3 more I guess....

Clawed out 2 wins, got back to 893 (Exactly where I was last night......)
Going to do some work and then get that last W before these stupid events start.

Rommel

Events rewards are out

Win Streak Rewards

12-WIN STREAK: All-Star Legend Nolan Ryan (Diamond, 96 OVR starting pitcher)
9-WIN STREAK: All-Star Flashback James Shields (Gold, 89 OVR starting pitcher)
6-WIN STREAK: Guaranteed Silver Live Series Player
3-WIN STREAK: Guaranteed Bronze Live Series Player
Cumulative Wins Rewards

40-WIN CUMULATIVE: All-Star Flashback Evan Longoria (Diamond, 96 OVR 3B)
25-WIN CUMULATIVE: All-Star Flashback Jay Bruce (Gold, 86 OVR RF)
10-WIN CUMULATIVE: Guaranteed Silver Live Series Player
5-WIN CUMULATIVE: Guaranteed Bronze Live Series Player

I want that Ryan... I NEED that Ryan... sadly I think I'll have to buy him :(

Rewards were out last night, you are late fam :p

I hope Stanton doesn't go diamond today, I have the stubs to finish the Marlins but his price is a bit inflated right now and I keep getting outbid

Rommel

Now that's a card I would have been happy to lock up!

I still have to stare at Cano forever and forever :(

I wreck with Cano. I have just stupid numbers with him, even despite his platoon. Against lefties he's a singles and some doubles machine. Against RHP he's Ted Williams.

Right now I'm selling all my Gary Sanchez and Salvador Perez cards, I'll get close to 25k. We shall see what these new overpriced packs have in store for us...

19477622_10109913520482360_3675085082217726694_o_zpshmatxs1b.jpg

I was not going to be denied this time.

Congrats! I hope I make it. Having the kid has been challenging. I've had to quit 5 games because my wife needed help. I'm not mad or hold any animosity toward that, I fully understand it's a gamble to play an online ranked game. Also, it's hard when the sound of a baby crying pierces your soul. The other times I play is when they are both sleeping thus sacrificing my own sleep so I'm tired. I've been making all the meals and cleaning up most the time in trade-off to her doing most the baby stuff. But I've been surprised how much I have been able to play. Perfect game for a newborn, 30-45 min and your done. Played a game this morning while he slept in my lap. By the 5th inning he needed his diaper changed so I paused and ran to his room and put a new one on him with the quickness. Think only a minute came off the pause timer. I won 8-0 also. I named my CAP after my son and I tell him he's up to bat now. Lol.

Roster update time!

Dickerson became gold. Scherzer is a 95 now. Fuck else happened. What an update!!

Oh damn. New mission for stars/stripes, 2011 AS Matt Kemp OVR 97 is the reward. That card was ridiculous last year

Apparently there's a "Exchange 200 AL/NL player to get a pack with AS player" mission, one for each league. This is a great way to get rid of shitty commons. Can't wait to see what trash I get!

2014 80 OVR Brandon Moss
Some shitty Jason Castro card
2012 92 OVR FERNANDO FUCKING RODNEY

and that 15k bases loaded pack got me another fucking Jason Castro and some elbow guard worth 2k lol
....let's just say the the bat and batting glove is what you want

Rommel

Roster update time!

Dickerson became gold. Scherzer is a 95 now. Fuck else happened. What an update!!

Oh damn. New mission for stars/stripes, 2011 AS Matt Kemp OVR 97 is the reward. That card was ridiculous last year

Apparently there's a "Exchange 200 AL/NL player to get a pack with AS player" mission, one for each league. This is a great way to get rid of shitty commons. Can't wait to see what trash I get!

2014 80 OVR Brandon Moss
Some shitty Jason Castro card
2012 92 OVR FERNANDO FUCKING RODNEY

and that 15k bases loaded pack got me another fucking Jason Castro and some elbow guard worth 2k lol
....let's just say the the bat and batting glove is what you want

Cahill
Moss
Kendrick x2
The fielding glove...

Lame all around.

Ugh I need the bat and batting glove market to settle down before I dive in that pool.

You should have one more in the events mission tab

Yea, thats what I got Cahill from lol, plus the 2 exhange missions

What lineup are you guys using for the event? I assume you put commons in a few bullpen and bench slots?

Edit - Scratch that, lowest rated guys in the rotation, fireballers in the pen, mostly gold position players lol....

Top Bottom