• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 17' |OT| Now with less Papi!

RS and BR mission rewards are bases loaded packs from today, no need to pay 15k lol
You know damn well I couldn't resist a second Jason Castro

My next mission(s) is to finish that IV Oswalt and the Sandberg stuff. Going to knock those out and some useless team epics at the same time.

Which will then bring me Bob feller and a third Miggy card!

First game with Thor, I give up 3 runs in the first, only one earned, and proceeded to go the next 6 scoreless with 12 strikeouts vs a 920 player. Won 4-3.

I'm tempted to sell off my LS Machado since Buddy Bell is so similar. If I did I'd have enough stub to buy Sale. Thoughts?

Current starters:

Diamond CC Sabathia
Darvish
Rookie Thor
LS deGrom
Rotation between LS Archer and LS Carlos Martinez

I also have LS Grienkie, Catfish Hunter, LS Lester and a few others I could use as my 5th.

I'm tempted to sell off my LS Machado since Buddy Bell is so similar. If I did I'd have enough stub to buy Sale. Thoughts?

Current starters:

Diamond CC Sabathia
Darvish
Rookie Thor
LS deGrom
Rotation between LS Archer and LS Carlos Martinez

I also have LS Grienkie, Catfish Hunter, LS Lester and a few others I could use as my 5th.

Yes

Absolutely worth it

Goddamn I don't want to play events at all.

But Longoria and a 50 pack is waiting for me....especially after I locked in Cano and Gwynn :(

I wish I knew what future cards are coming. Now all I real care to add is a SP.

Rommel

24 to what? Isn't this event 40 wins for reward?

I still need like 40 hits for the Ozzie epic. Ozzie will probably never play for me but why not

Just gave a guy 20 hits for the win for that epic. Was pretty hilarious how bad his switch hitting team was.

Whoops you're right... 14 more to go :D

My pack luck has been total ass lately. I feel like I've wasted so many hard earned stubs that could have gone towards an investment and not a bunch of bronzes and commons...

But packs are just too much fun.

You know what animation drives me crazy? When your first baseman picks the ball up, and you try to run to first base, but he doesn't touch it. And then when you try to tell him to move there while a 30 speed runner gets close, he doesn't move. At all.

Like, what the fuck!!!!!

Mission accomplished.

DDwtYkXVYAAOlXn

Congrats!

Right on 900 too. If it was 899............

I'm 7 wins away from Longoria, two 20 packs, and tons of disappointment!

Ah yes the classic 3rd inning rage quit lol

Congrats!

Right on 900 too. If it was 899............

I'm 7 wins away from Longoria, two 20 packs, and tons of disappointment!

Ah yes the classic 3rd inning rage quit lol

I had 3-4 Ks already with Nolan and he was flustered. Scored those 3 and he was gone. His record was 14-6 so I knew it was going to be close.

can anyone recommend a good hitting view for a scrub having trouble with low stuff out of the zone? i'm using the show 15 and against real players i'm having a really hard time identifying balls and strikes down there. once they figure out i'm guessing, they just pound me down there and i embarrass myself.

can anyone recommend a good hitting view for a scrub having trouble with low stuff out of the zone? i'm using the show 15 and against real players i'm having a really hard time identifying balls and strikes down there. once they figure out i'm guessing, they just pound me down there and i embarrass myself.
I use the strike zone camera

Are you guys ready for a 50 pack stream

I just woke up from a nap lol. I can stream if you guys are still around

I will do it around midnight CT if my misery will have company :p

The last time I streamed and you were around, I got a Cano. I'm glad you'll be there Jonsson, to watch 50k get blown away into a few gold catcher's masks and maybe a Jose Quintana if I'm blessed.

....This really is the worst way to spend my stubs isn't it? lol. I think I'm just chasing that "I see a diamond peeking" feeling at this point

https://www.twitch.tv/york887

I'll begin the suffering around midnight CT, just trying to get 2 more stupid doubles for this Sandberg shit which makes me understand why that Buddy Bell 5-doubles mission is torture.

Wow. Bert Blyleven is between 30-40k now, that must be the cheapest 99 ever

Rommel

Built a team to grind out some steals... just had 32 steals in one game against the A's. At that pace I'm 3 games away from finishing steals lol. I'm 4 games away from completing Felix finally. Those IP are a grind.

Anyone here use the 94 Diamond Victor Martinez from the ticket counter? If so, how do you like it. My current 1B and C are the LS Rizzo and LS Lucroy so he seems like he'd be an upgrade at C for sure.

Rommel

Anyone here use the 94 Diamond Victor Martinez from the ticket counter? If so, how do you like it. My current 1B and C are the LS Rizzo and LS Lucroy so he seems like he'd be an upgrade at C for sure.

Big upgrade at C. Defense is serviceable and he is one of the hitters I fear the most online. That guy just has my number.

Been thinking about my lineup once I get Miggy and think I have settled on this:

1. CAP Luke Rose C
2. Joey Votto 1B
3. Andre Dawson CF
4. Bryce Harper RF Platoon with 91 J. Werth
5. Carlos Beltran LF
6. Miguel Cabrera 3B
7. Corey Seager SS
8. Ben Zobrist 2B
9 P

Yes finally did it

Added IV oswalt, hardware miggy, AS Feller, and AS Sandberg today

Got 14 program packs and a free pack today, watch me get Trout in a program pack...

got wil myers, rizzo, and rookie lofton, not so bad.....too bad I can't sell -_-

Still playing ranked for giggles and I'm up to 937. Can I make 1000?

lol I never touch ranked after I get to WS. Just been trying to knock out those stupid BR missions for now, I'll deal with ranked games when it needs to make its return.

Although I should really grind for those all star hits. I don't care too much to try and get strikeouts/saves with All-Star relievers

Rommel

lol I never touch ranked after I get to WS. Just been trying to knock out those stupid BR missions for now, I'll deal with ranked games when it needs to make its return.

Although I should really grind for those all star hits. I don't care too much to try and get strikeouts/saves with All-Star relievers

I'm likely going to tank my ranking to get the strikeouts. Have to get below 600 to find anyone that strikes out at a decent pace.

sh1fty

I honestly don't know why I keep playing this game... I think at this point I'm just trying to get the PS4 Platinum Trophy and I'll uninstall.

I'm currently working on the Royals Team Epic and they've been surprisingly annoying to play on Veteran. It's the 3rd game and I'm down 1-0 in the 7th and after about 14 lazy fly balls with exit velocities of 80mph (good PCI placement for the most part) I hit an opposite field homer with Reggie Jackson to take a 3-1 lead. The game has apparently frozen and I'm caught in an infinite home run trot loop. Every time I press X it goes back to Reggie just starting to round 2nd base. I don't think it's going get past this and I'm going to have to quit out and lose my W.

Screw this game.

I honestly don't know why I keep playing this game... I think at this point I'm just trying to get the PS4 Platinum Trophy and I'll uninstall.

I'm currently working on the Royals Team Epic and they've been surprisingly annoying to play on Veteran. It's the 3rd game and I'm down 1-0 in the 7th and after about 14 lazy fly balls with exit velocities of 80mph (good PCI placement for the most part) I hit an opposite field homer with Reggie Jackson to take a 3-1 lead. The game has apparently frozen and I'm caught in an infinite home run trot loop. Every time I press X it goes back to Reggie just starting to round 2nd base. I don't think it's going get past this and I'm going to have to quit out and lose my W.

Screw this game.

WTF that happened in a CPU game?? Wow

Top Bottom