• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 17' |OT| Now with less Papi!

The 84 AS Beltran you get for finishing Cardinals is pretty awesome too. I wonder if they'll have a demi-god version of Beltran like they did last year...

Yeah I prefer my pitchers to be a high K/9 with lots of heat, but Nolan's control just isn't good for a control-freak like myself. I do like using Kershaw though.....
I may just sell this Nolan and try the Taint out. Why not.

I just can't trust meter pitching to put it where I want, same with pulse.

The nice thing about analog is even if I miss my spot, I'll know where it's going. I've had many moments where I missed the spot and thought to myself "This might get crushed..." usually it does, lol

opened my 5th and final jumbo pack and it's a 81 AS Jhonny Peralta, GET FUCKED SDS

Gotta say, this card doesn't really look all that impressive now that you see the movement/control on the pitches

C8S3eVe.png

I may have to mess around with analog, a few years back when I tried it I wasn't terribly successful.

Just got back into this game a few weeks ago and have made so much progress. My team was all silvers, golds and Craig Kimbrel. I now have Jered Weaver, CC Sabathia, Catfish Hunter, Matt Holliday, Curtis Grandersen, and Reggie Jackson with golds everywhere else. Completing the Conquest missions does so much. I'm thinking I should grind team epics next? I just want tons of XP so I'm finally gold and can buy good shit with my tickets, what's the best way to level? I'm a silver 32 ATM.

I'm also 3 hits away from Brock Holts 100 hit mission which will reward me another diamond. Talk about a fucking grind.

PSA: Don't forget to log on in the next couple days to vote for HR Derby and All Star winners in your missions tab.

Just got back into this game a few weeks ago and have made so much progress. My team was all silvers, golds and Craig Kimbrel. I now have Jered Weaver, CC Sabathia, Catfish Hunter, Matt Holliday, Curtis Grandersen, and Reggie Jackson with golds everywhere else. Completing the Conquest missions does so much. I'm thinking I should grind team epics next? I just want tons of XP so I'm finally gold and can buy good shit with my tickets, what's the best way to level? I'm a silver 32 ATM.

I'm also 3 hits away from Brock Holts 100 hit mission which will reward me another diamond. Talk about a fucking grind.

PSA: Don't forget to log on in the next couple days to vote for HR Derby and All Star winners in your missions tab.

Cardinals epic
Rangers epic
Pirates epic
Brewers epic
Get career missions done

Edit - Corey Seager is the man

I apparently got a Carlton Fisk player epic as a daily mission, and completed part I without knowing I had the mission.

Part 2? Get 50 hits with catchers in events....for a motherfucking 86 rated catcher. lol GTFO

Still hoping I can get that Warren Spahn one, looks easy to do and I need to see what his 5000 year release feels like

Jonsson, found something on reddit that might help you with walks. Apparently if you show bunt and pull away at last second, the cpu will more likely throw a ball

And after my first CPU game I throw a perfect game with my brand new Rookie Chris Archer. 20/50ks done for his mission after 1 game.... and then I get a free Stanton duplicate as the endgame reward. I'm gonna hold onto him until he gets hot again.

Edit: just got Allstar AJ Pollock for completing the Brock Holt diamond career mission. 4 diamond outfielders on top of my Marlins outfield.... nice card but would've preferred anything else!

Pretty successful debut with POTM Chase Anderson. Gave up a bloop and a blast on lazy analog pitching on my part but otherwise 6 IP, 4 hits allowed and 4 strikeouts. Lots of groundouts with his sinker.

91 Jordan Zimmerman (25 wins) and 96 Ellsbury (40) are the next cumulative event rewards

91 Broxton is the 12 win streak

I'm gonna get event fatigue

Rommel

91 Jordan Zimmerman (25 wins) and 96 Ellsbury (40) are the next cumulative event rewards

91 Broxton is the 12 win streak

I'm gonna get event fatigue

I wasn't able to play the moonshot so I ended up getting Davis for 10k. Can't complain about that.

This one looks fun and I look forward to locking down a couple more diamonds.

Already got major event fatigue. I guess I'll have a day to recharge...

If I were to win every game it'd take me about 10 hours to get to 40. But we all know that ain't happening. Ugh

I may have been dumb but I sold Sale just because I wanted that POTM Jose Ramirez. Probably will sell Miggy this week and get pitching help again.

I have all the POTM cards and will grind out Bellinger. Heard he hits moonshots.

They did announce a future Chase Utley and Justin Verlander card to be coming. Don't care for the Utley but I'm going to need that Verlander to be my 5th starter.

By the way their stream was a joke. Started opening packs and of course 2 of the first 4 has a diamond, fucking rigged lol

Rommel

I may have been dumb but I sold Sale just because I wanted that POTM Jose Ramirez. Probably will sell Miggy this week and get pitching help again.

I have all the POTM cards and will grind out Bellinger. Heard he hits moonshots.

Just got Bellinger today but haven't played with him yet

Should everyone buy a Verlander just in case he gets a program?

Edit - Looks like Bradley Jr and Ian Desmond can steal bases easily enough on rookie

Should everyone buy a Verlander just in case he gets a program?

Edit - Looks like Bradley Jr and Ian Desmond can steal bases easily enough on rookie

His rookie card costs way more than his live series one, but wouldn't you need his LS one? I guess people think you'll need his rookie card to start with, but damn I don't even remember when they had those in packs or whatever.

Rommel, is 98 Hernandez worth it? I'll probably be able to get that card tomorrow or later in the week. It sucked last year, but hey who can turn down 82% completion and 8 more program packs.....

Rommel

His rookie card costs way more than his live series one, but wouldn't you need his LS one? I guess people think you'll need his rookie card to start with, but damn I don't even remember when they had those in packs or whatever.

Rommel, is 98 Hernandez worth it? I'll probably be able to get that card tomorrow or later in the week. It sucked last year, but hey who can turn down 82% completion and 8 more program packs.....

I haven't played with him online but he is filthy against the CPU. I suspect that his pitch selection would be very good in ranked games though. His sinker and change up are mean. Toss in a slider/sweeping CB and FB's you have a lot of options for messing with hitters.

I haven't played with him online but he is filthy against the CPU. I suspect that his pitch selection would be very good in ranked games though. His sinker and change up are mean. Toss in a slider/sweeping CB and FB's you have a lot of options for messing with hitters.
Yeah those three pitches look good on DD.

I would say everybody is filthy against CPU....except AS Zack Greinke. Soft ass pitcher is trash.

I got shut down by Hernandez last night by a 1000+player. Sinker is dirty. Don't be afraid to throw it high, medium or low.

Rommel

Yeah those three pitches look good on DD.

I would say everybody is filthy against CPU....except AS Zack Greinke. Soft ass pitcher is trash.

Funny I wreck with AS Greinke against CPU. I've thrown 3 perfect games/no-hitters with him. Best hitting pitcher in the game too.

Those Aaron Judge prices be rising 😍

Man I'm not sure if I should sell all now or wait for diamond....I see his value dipping after he doesn't go diamond on Friday. But I could get more than 70k for the duplicates I have. Dude's going between 7-8, may not be higher because everybody seems to have a bunch of him.

Rommel

Those Aaron Judge prices be rising 😍

Man I'm not sure if I should sell all now or wait for diamond....I see his value dipping after he doesn't go diamond on Friday. But I could get more than 70k for the duplicates I have. Dude's going between 7-8, may not be higher because everybody seems to have a bunch of him.

Cash out. He is higher than diamond quick sell numbers. There are a ton of him out there since he started as a common.

Cash out. He is higher than diamond quick sell numbers. There are a ton of him out there since he started as a common.
I'll cash out and quickly invest in someone else so I don't blow it on a 50 and 20 lol

All the bundles I've gotten the last week got me nothing and just made me regret that I added a bunch of garbage to my inventory. Just kind of waiting on that next desirable card.

Rommel

I'll cash out and quickly invest in someone else so I don't blow it on a 50 and 20 lol

All the bundles I've gotten the last week got me nothing and just made me regret that I added a bunch of garbage to my inventory. Just kind of waiting on that next desirable card.

I had better luck in Vegas last weekend than I have had with packs the last month

Thinking of just adding Cody and keeping everyone I have. What you all think of this lineup?

CAP C
Jose Ramirez 2B
Votto 1B
Harper/Werth RF
Cody LF
Dawson CF
Seager/Miggy 3B
Zobrist SS
P

You would play Bellinger at LF? I've gotta think there's a better defensive guy for you who can also hit (maybe that Ellsbury?)

I think the Zobrist card is great and I myself would consider leading off with him so you can put CAP in the 2 slot. I like my leadoff guy to to take all the first pitches of the game so I can hammer away with everyone else

You would play Bellinger at LF? I've gotta think there's a better defensive guy for you who can also hit (maybe that Ellsbury?)

I think the Zobrist card is great and I myself would consider leading off with him so you can put CAP in the 2 slot. I like my leadoff guy to to take all the first pitches of the game so I can hammer away with everyone else

I think he would play average LF with his stats. I played the whole first season with Nelson Cruz so I think I can survive.

I think he would play average LF with his stats. I played the whole first season with Nelson Cruz so I think I can survive.

If you played an entire season with Nelson Cruz you'll definitely be ok.

Also, that Quash tag also tweeted out that Eric Gagne isn't a WS reward. Eh? So is he one of the guys you can pull in a pack?

I'd bet that Gagne is similar to current one but with a higher velocity. The breakout version has kind of a weak fastball.

Everybody is guessing that 92 card is a 1977 rod carew. they're probably right.

We get our rewards in 2 days. I'm praying for a Kris Bryant. But I'll probably get Daniel Murphy again :(

Rommel, thanks to your advice I've begun the Judge Exodus. Getting 8k for him per piece after SDS tax. Should hopefully have 85-88k in the bank after I'm done selling him. Somebody has 11 orders of selling him for 8940 a piece...and every time I put mine up for a little less it gets sold instantly. Someone trying to play this market eh....
Imagine if I didn't fuck up and lock in Gwynn and Cano

Rommel

jtXwW1A.jpg

7c6f14c162f88ad420f67d711f06ac8f.png

Although it's making me feel worse that after all mine got sold, a bunch more got bought and now his value is in the upper 9s

You locked in your profit. Trying to time any market is a fools errand. Might get lucky sometimes but in the long run you'll lose. Ride the hype train then take your profit before it crashes. Reinvest into another undervalued asset and repeat.

You locked in your profit. Trying to time any market is a fools errand. Might get lucky sometimes but in the long run you'll lose. Ride the hype train then take your profit before it crashes. Buy packs. Repeat.

FTFY :D

Tried selling Gagne and IV Ryan but some fuck keeps undercutting me by 1 so I'll just chill on those a while.

Please come to me Kris.

Rommel

FTFY :D

Tried selling Gagne and IV Ryan but some fuck keeps undercutting me by 1 so I'll just chill on those a while.

Please come to me Kris.

I need to rebuild to about 200k stubs for next months POTM cards. I'm running out of career missions to complete :(

Sold Nolan for 63.5k....and I had bought him at 79k.

Trying to sell Gagne for a little under 80k, but keep getting cut. I bought him at 125k.

#isuckatplayingthemarket

Rommel

Ugh looks like it's my PS4 motherboard that is going bad not the HD like I had thought :( Started an event game... went up 1-0 with a HR and still at the plate knocking him around then shakey screen for a second and then crash. It's been happening multiple times lately. Annoying.

Fortunately it is on sale on Amazon right now for Prime Day. $220 and I get Uncharted 4 and Last of US remastered... not to bad.

is there any way to know what type of programs the next ones will be? i'm just wondering if i should pick up some cheap hardware or postseason guys now, since i don't have a ton of those 2 types

Next programs will be end of month or beginning of the next one, and probably hardware. Not sure what mystery missions are after that though...

Starting to get missioned out though. Won't be any point once I get Pepe!

Next programs will be end of month or beginning of the next one, and probably hardware. Not sure what mystery missions are after that though...

Starting to get missioned out though. Won't be any point once I get Pepe!

what is the new stuff they mentioned for thursday? were they just talking about the new season?

Top Bottom