• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 17' |OT| Now with less Papi!

I ain't wasting anytime either. If I can tell my opponent is going to beat me or the odds are against me, I'm conceding and going to the next game.

If I have 0 losses I'll stay in it (Unless the dude is up 6) because I want my streak to keep going if possible. Dem Ryan Braun $tub$

Jedd Gyorko is the man. Oh my god
holy fuck he is truly christ reincarnated. this dude just hit a home run off the scoreboard in fenway center field @.@

I've gotten network error'd out of two games now :(

I can't take kenley jansen anymore

I can't

At 28 wins, 28-9 total. But tonight I got my ass whooped on primetime nerd TV lol

FiLCVQc.png

I can't take kenley jansen anymore

I can't

At 28 wins, 28-9 total. But tonight I got my ass whooped on primetime nerd TV lol

FiLCVQc.png

Haha. MGTV. I watch his vids but they are more dry compared to the ones I enjoy watching the most. KevinGohD is my favorite.

I'm at 13 wins and my streak is at 10 games with one loss.

Haha. MGTV. I watch his vids but they are more dry compared to the ones I enjoy watching the most. KevinGohD is my favorite.

I'm at 13 wins and my streak is at 10 games with one loss.

Oh shit! Ryan Braun!

I don't know any of these YouTubers but I could tell this guy was one.
He whooped my ass, and I'm not sure if it was because I had been playing too much, but he pretty much smacked everything out of the park that was in the strike zone.

What do you think Arrieta's price will settle at? I should be getting him today, thinking of selling him and picking him up later.

Woke up early to play a game or two before work. This is how an inning goes:

Force a ground out and fly out. 2 outs in the inning.
Then the next two batters, he strikes out. Except both them are somehow dropped strikes on balls....IN THE ZONE!? I checked the replay, and all the ball did was hit my catcher's fucking glove, and my catcher couldn't catch.
So he gets two men on, and the third guy comes up. Hits it to the short stop who is right by the 2nd baseman. Should be inning over, just flip it to the 2nd basemen 3 feet from you right?
Nah. he does that shit where he gets fully set and then takes 3 seconds to give it to the baseman.
Next guy comes up and hits a grand slam.

Quit out of that shit so fast.

Oh shit! Ryan Braun!

I don't know any of these YouTubers but I could tell this guy was one.
He whooped my ass, and I'm not sure if it was because I had been playing too much, but he pretty much smacked everything out of the park that was in the strike zone.

What do you think Arrieta's price will settle at? I should be getting him today, thinking of selling him and picking him up later.

Woke up early to play a game or two before work. This is how an inning goes:

Force a ground out and fly out. 2 outs in the inning.
Then the next two batters, he strikes out. Except both them are somehow dropped strikes on balls....IN THE ZONE!? I checked the replay, and all the ball did was hit my catcher's fucking glove, and my catcher couldn't catch.
So he gets two men on, and the third guy comes up. Hits it to the short stop who is right by the 2nd baseman. Should be inning over, just flip it to the 2nd basemen 3 feet from you right?
Nah. he does that shit where he gets fully set and then takes 3 seconds to give it to the baseman.
Next guy comes up and hits a grand slam.

Quit out of that shit so fast.

I think he will settle around Tiants numbers. 170-200k.

Lost it at 11 wins. Got the Rot Oswalt card which looks better than the Diamond version.

I would have quit also.

Lost it at 11 wins.

What a horrible feeling

Got 7 more wins to go. Going to get them right now!

By the way, anyone faced that 99 Molina yet? I've decided to stop buying packs one at a time and just save up for now, but that's the first card I'm targeting.
Reviews on reddit are mixed but I don't really trust people who I'm not familiar with. There's dudes in there who have talked about platooning hardware Griffey, and people who say they can't hit with Hardware Cal/Miggy.....
Base running is so broken that his arm strength may not matter, so I don't know if his defense ends up being overrated.

Rommel

Just had a 13 inning event game... If I hadn't won I would have been bummed. Kris Bryant with a go ahead HR in the top of the 13th.

Just had a 13 inning event game... If I hadn't won I would have been bummed. Kris Bryant with a go ahead HR in the top of the 13th.

No way I'm going to 13. Ugh. Halfway home to Arrietta! Went from 5 to 20 wins today and played only 2 full games. I did wake up at 6 AM to play though. 2 uninterrupted hours while the wife and kid slept.

Yeah, I was in the 10th inning yesterday and I was the away team and gave serious thought to just quitting

Then GOD Gyorko saved the day

Finally got to 40, but I'm 7-1 so I'll play this last one out.

Out of my last 12 wins, 10 were quits early on. I should keep going for 9 lol

Wow....you got that done fast.....maybe I should give the event a go once I have time....

Currently in a standoff, game froze after the top of the 1st =/ I really need the win, may get to 700 with it

Damn buggy game, this is so boring, when I saw the guy was from Venezuela and there was a tiny bit of lag I had a feeling their internet would give out =/

Already thinking about selling Eddie Murray and some other shit for a pair of 20s

Why do I do this to myself

Damn buggy game, this is so boring, when I saw the guy was from Venezuela and there was a tiny bit of lag I had a feeling their internet would give out =/

So you got the win?

So tempted to sell Arrieta lol

But I'm going to try and get ranked seasons wins and hope he gets there

For now my rotation is...

CAP
Kershaw
Arrieta
Blue
Who Cares

Yea, I went out to get food and when I came back I had the win.....687 now......next game I'm probably going to get slaughtered lol

If you're in the 700s I'm in range to help you with BO Griffey

I'm 691 right now, would rating mod matter? I guess yours is actually higher than mine anyway lol

Oh and I just packed the Stars and Stripes batting gloves.....30k or so stubs or I can try and muster 67k or so and get Kemp......

Is Kemp better than......96 Ellsbury who I absolutely rake with, Reggie, HW Cutch, Lou Brock?

I should probably sell it and use the stubs on my bullpen......or blow it all on packs again

UGH, blew a save with Osuna, tied in the 9th now

HANLEY RAMIREZ WALKS IT OFF!!!! PINCH HIT HOMERUN! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOcS-svLN7w

719 now, highest I've ever been

I'm 691 right now, would rating mod matter? I guess yours is actually higher than mine anyway lol

Oh and I just packed the Stars and Stripes batting gloves.....30k or so stubs or I can try and muster 67k or so and get Kemp......

Is Kemp better than......96 Ellsbury who I absolutely rake with, Reggie, HW Cutch, Lou Brock?

I should probably sell it and use the stubs on my bullpen......or blow it all on packs again

UGH, blew a save with Osuna, tied in the 9th now

HANLEY RAMIREZ WALKS IT OFF!!!! PINCH HIT HOMERUN! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOcS-svLN7w

719 now, highest I've ever been

Rating mod matters but I can lower mine so we're close. When can you do this? I was hoping to do it ASAP because I wanted to get back to playing ranked away, still need 18 wins for Jackie. I could just play out next season and get him then but I know that season will run through September and by then I may be onto other things more.....

So at 29 wins, pretty much know I'm gonna get the prize now. I reflect on playing with this low vision team. It's kinda the same as playing the CS and WS in ranked. In the event you have low vision on All-Star difficulty and ranked CS/WS you play on HOF difficulty.

The big thing with this event that surprised me is the amount of low level people playing it. There is players that just throw nothing but strikes. Not even trying to get me to swing at garbage. Makes for a fun time on my end. It's fun scoring runs, especially HRs. Boy have I hit some bombs.

George Springer, Joey Gallo, Zuzino, JD Martinez, and the bash brothers at 3 and 4 in the line up Cody Bellinger and Aaron Judge. I still havnt run into another team rocking the POTM Cody Bellinger and he puts on a show for people. Looking through the box scores of a lot of my games, he hit over .400 and around 12 HRs. Aaron Judge hit like .330 with 10 bombs.

I've grown to like my one Diamond, Gold and Bronze team. More like I've grown to like playing lower level competition on All-Star difficulty.

Rating mod matters but I can lower mine so we're close. When can you do this? I was hoping to do it ASAP because I wanted to get back to playing ranked away, still need 18 wins for Jackie. I could just play out next season and get him then but I know that season will run through September and by then I may be onto other things more.....

I should be around later tonight, will it matter that I'm in Toronto? like 75% of my matchups are other Toronto players =/

And yea, I guess this will be my last bit of time with the game, I really need to play my other games lol

I should be around later tonight, will it matter that I'm in Toronto? like 75% of my matchups are other Toronto players =/

And yea, I guess this will be my last bit of time with the game, I really need to play my other games lol

What time tonight?

No idea about location, but sometimes it takes a few tries. Do you have a mic?

15 wins to go. Just got Eddie Murray who might actually start at first on my DD team. I was looking for another lefty bat and I think he might be good enough to start and not have to spend any stubs on a guy like Votto.

Speaking of stubs. I have 226,000 of them right now. I sold Sale because I was just a damn disaster with him. Turned a decent profit from what I paid so not big deal. I'm looking to spend on a staff and either a SS or 2B. Assuming I end with with Arrieta that I'll plug in, my other starters currently are Rookie Thor, deGrom, Archer, and Fulmer. I'm not starting any left handers right now. Any suggestions? I was thinking of grabbing Strasburg since he's a fairly cheap diamond, but obviously not left handed. Then maybe Alex Wood since his delivery is so goofy and the LS one is cheap. Who are you or facing that you're having a tough time hitting?

Brooks Robinson and Ron Guidry?

GG

The flawless BR rewards, good lawd.

99 Harper
99 Bagwell
99 Yount

I'm so glad none of these players are ones that I feel like I want to go all out for. My outfield is set, 1B is Cabrera, and Ripken's defense is better than Yount and hitting is close enough

I gotta say. That Bagwell card....fuck. Almost maxed out at hitting, got a good fielding rating, and he's kind of fast. damn

15 wins to go. Just got Eddie Murray who might actually start at first on my DD team. I was looking for another lefty bat and I think he might be good enough to start and not have to spend any stubs on a guy like Votto.

Speaking of stubs. I have 226,000 of them right now. I sold Sale because I was just a damn disaster with him. Turned a decent profit from what I paid so not big deal. I'm looking to spend on a staff and either a SS or 2B. Assuming I end with with Arrieta that I'll plug in, my other starters currently are Rookie Thor, deGrom, Archer, and Fulmer. I'm not starting any left handers right now. Any suggestions? I was thinking of grabbing Strasburg since he's a fairly cheap diamond, but obviously not left handed. Then maybe Alex Wood since his delivery is so goofy and the LS one is cheap. Who are you or facing that you're having a tough time hitting?

TBH I'd do whatever you can to get to 50% in dynasty program. You'll get Vida, Cal, and that fills two holes with guys who I consider end game players.

But if we take those two out....these are the guys who I hate facing:

You know what's super inflated in the market right now? 3rd basemen who have a high fielding rating.

I don't care about finishing the Brooks program, but the Guidry program looks perfectly reasonable. It will be a grind but it's not going to cost me anything. I'm at 82% in dynasty right now, so 8% for ranked wins and 12% from Guidry will get me to Joe Random.

TL;DR Fuck this shit, I'm selling all these 3rd basemen, weeeee $tub$!!!!!

Rommel

You know what's super inflated in the market right now? 3rd basemen who have a high fielding rating.

I don't care about finishing the Brooks program, but the Guidry program looks perfectly reasonable. It will be a grind but it's not going to cost me anything. I'm at 82% in dynasty right now, so 8% for ranked wins and 12% from Guidry will get me to Joe Random.

TL;DR Fuck this shit, I'm selling all these 3rd basemen, weeeee $tub$!!!!!

Oh crap I love it when stuff like that happens and I have 30-50 of each of these players... woooo $$$

Rommel

Have you tried or faced that 99 Yadi? Not sure if I should save for or buy more pack$$$$$

Oh I gave it a shot with 150 packs or so but I'm done buying packs but the POTM ones. I've built up to 200k which is the amount it usually takes to complete each POTM set.

I regret not selling Arrieta when he was going for a guaranteed 150+. Fuck, I could have used that money to get Yadi and then buy Arrieta later when he's under 100 and I had saved more.

well, i took a huge bath on arrieta (bought him for 150k and then compounded it by not selling him away when he was still at like 130), but i made most of it back picking up lots of veteran pitchers last night and flipping them right now.

lesson learned on arrieta, i guess

Top Bottom