• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 17' |OT| Now with less Papi!

Arrietta grind is over. Event was fun, had some memorable games and enjoyed trying new players.

Aaron Judge is the event MVP. I thought it would be Cody Bellinger but wins 32-40, Judge was clutch when I was starting to get event fatigue.

rofl

I need to get Nolan Ryan off my rosters so I can not lock him in for Guidry and I went to events to concede a game.......but my opponent quit before I could concede........lol

So the 8 homers in 8 games in BR may be a problem.....

Once I get the Guidry program done I'll have Miggy and 8 program packs, exciting

I know a lot of people grinded for Arrieta, but I'm stunned at his value on the market right now. Man, a pitcher like that for less than 100k...a steal.

Well, I've also learned my lesson. Should've sold immediately and bought back later. People are impatient.

Arrietta grind is over. Event was fun, had some memorable games and enjoyed trying new players.

Aaron Judge is the event MVP. I thought it would be Cody Bellinger but wins 32-40, Judge was clutch when I was starting to get event fatigue.

I finished it last night too. It was fun for the most part, but I feel like I’m going to have nightmares about Villar hitting a bloop single, stealing two bases, and then scoring on a sac fly.

The chat just now got to vote for 93 Felipe Rivero or 92 Aaron Nola in the ticket counter. It was "1" for Rivero and "2" for Nola. It looked like this

1111111111111111111113111111111111111111111111111111121111111111111111111113111111111111111111111111111211111111111111111113

Looks like Paxton is the big card of the month

99 and 98 legends in the upcoming set 9 packs. My guess....Seaver/Bench

Yeesh, my BR team has diamond Giambi, Finley and Stanton, I also have LS Dozier, Lamb and a few other high power guys

My last game I hit like 5 balls to the wall but not out =/ Damn pitcher's park!

I'm about to get Ron Guidry and be halfway through this Brooks Robinson shit. Jackie will soon be on my team and I'll have the privilege to be disappointed by 10 program packs. Also I think I'll have the stubs for Yadier soon.

Yay!

TFW when you almost got the 4 hits one triple one homer with an Oriole mission but Adam Jones jumps the fence to rob your HR :(

Locked in or exchanged?
Locked in when I did "collect 50 legend hitters"

Thing that pisses me off the most is that I went through my list to see if I had anything I could sell, and I sold all items I could sell. I had an IV Alomar that I sold for 5k. But somehow, I completely missed that Eddie Murray card. So instead of a 15-20k profit I'll get 5. So I have now accidentally locked in Cano, Gwynn, and Murray. That is 120-130k right there -_-

When I saw that locked in sign on the card I immediately knew where I fucked up. I stared at my TV in rage, turned it off, threw my controller, then went to sleep.

On top of all that, Yadi's price shot up again. Fuck :(

Locked in when I did "collect 50 legend hitters"

Thing that pisses me off the most is that I went through my list to see if I had anything I could sell, and I sold all items I could sell. I had an IV Alomar that I sold for 5k. But somehow, I completely missed that Eddie Murray card. So instead of a 15-20k profit I'll get 5. So I have now accidentally locked in Cano, Gwynn, and Murray. That is 120-130k right there -_-

When I saw that locked in sign on the card I immediately knew where I fucked up. I stared at my TV in rage, turned it off, threw my controller, then went to sleep.

On top of all that, Yadi's price shot up again. Fuck :(

You don't need that Cardinal trash anyways! :p

I have 100k to play with today. I sold my Nolan. Just bored pitching with him. He is so good but it just Fastball and Changeup pitching.

I have 242,000 stubs and literally don't know what to do with them. I'm just grinding through some programs right now (hadn't even finished the Archer program until a few days ago). May do the Pirates collection here soon since I have almost all of the expensive cards besides Marte already, and I guess some of my Stubs will have to go towards buying the 35k shoes for the Diamond program. I finished the grind for Arrieta a few days ago, and really have no desire to play this Ranked Season so I guess it will be grind against the CPU and try and do the BR stuff needed for the Diamond program.

I have 242,000 stubs and literally don't know what to do with them. I'm just grinding through some programs right now (hadn't even finished the Archer program until a few days ago). May do the Pirates collection here soon since I have almost all of the expensive cards besides Marte already, and I guess some of my Stubs will have to go towards buying the 35k shoes for the Diamond program. I finished the grind for Arrieta a few days ago, and really have no desire to play this Ranked Season so I guess it will be grind against the CPU and try and do the BR stuff needed for the Diamond program.

Do the POTM collection today. Get 2 diamond starters, diamond reliever, diamond 2nd base.

Do the POTM collection today. Get 2 diamond starters, diamond reliever, diamond 2nd base.

It's not a terrible idea. I do have diamonds everywhere except for my rotation, but I'm using the 97 Kinsler at 2B and I'm growing tired of him. Certainly something for me to consider. What does it cost to do the full collection, about 200,000?

It's not a terrible idea. I do have diamonds everywhere except for my rotation, but I'm using the 97 Kinsler at 2B and I'm growing tired of him. Certainly something for me to consider. What does it cost to do the full collection, about 200,000?

Yeah, then you get todo a little CPU grinding that isn't bad at all.

Edit. You could try your luck at the 25k pack in hopes that you get the most expensive card. Also you need 3000 tickets to get one of the cards.

Yeah, then you get todo a little CPU grinding that isn't bad at all.

Edit. You could try your luck at the 25k pack in hopes that you get the most expensive card. Also you need 3000 tickets to get one of the cards.

I looked at the the Paxton and Rivero stats and good god they both look filthy.

I have like 5000 tickets left so I'm good there. Not sure if it's worth trying pack luck or not though.

TBH if you got 242k in stubs, don't go around finishing cheap collections. You are a big baller. Spend like a big baller. Get really expensive players that you wouldn't be able to otherwise.

When I had that money I decided to grind for more stubs. Unfortunately, Harper and Trout are so outrageously expensive that you're not close to those at all...my bad I know you've posted your team before but can you post again?

I got 63k right now and would be able to afford Cardinal trash if I didn't fuck up that Murray :(

I may skip out on Yadi though. I love everything about him but I hate having slow dudes in my lineup. I can put up with Cabrera because it's Miggy but like, 50 is my absolute minimum for everyone else

Apparently you can buy 2 of these packs, and they had another slot for the same pack but 50% off. They sold out within 5 minutes of those.

I'm tempted to buy these packs and try my hand at a profit but I could go from 70k to 30k real quick with nothing in return and back in the territory where I'm not close enough for anything but have enough for packs...

fuck it, buying 2. yadi ain't that important lol

CHRIS TAYLOR AND JONATHAN SCHOOP!!!! LFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

should I hang onto taylor? I assume I should lose schoop sooner than later, but I know there's way more taylors

Sold Schoop for 83k. Hopefully that isn't too low. Going to buy Yadi and PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKS!!!!

I'm not touching that pack with a ten foot pole

How difficult is it to boost in BR

lol, your only boosting chances are usually really early on

Finally got Yadi for 70k. Very good chance I'll end up selling him, but since he's not in packs anymore I see his value going up anyways (before packs in a pack come out)

About to buy a 20 and hope I get that new Larkin card.....

Finally got Yadi for 70k. Very good chance I'll end up selling him, but since he's not in packs anymore I see his value going up anyways (before packs in a pack come out)

I also bought a 50 pack when I saw Larkin. No luck.

I'm gonna keep this card and try him for a few. I like what I'm seeing.

DGVHTb_V0AA4qSq

Sold my LS Rivero, got the ticket version. The ticket card is pretty much his LS card but always maxed IE, and it has a curveball.

I feel like my team is officially complete. And I don't really care for Larkin or Bum Saberhagen, so I'll just delight in pack whoring again

TBH if you got 242k in stubs, don't go around finishing cheap collections. You are a big baller. Spend like a big baller. Get really expensive players that you wouldn't be able to otherwise.

When I had that money I decided to grind for more stubs. Unfortunately, Harper and Trout are so outrageously expensive that you're not close to those at all...my bad I know you've posted your team before but can you post again?

I got 63k right now and would be able to afford Cardinal trash if I didn't fuck up that Murray :(

I may skip out on Yadi though. I love everything about him but I hate having slow dudes in my lineup. I can put up with Cabrera because it's Miggy but like, 50 is my absolute minimum for everyone else

Well I now have 222,000 stubs because I bought a PoTM pack and got Tommy Pham. :/

My team:

OF 92 AJ Pollock
OF 97 Cliff Floyd
OF 94 Matt Holliday
3B 98 Miggy
SS 97 Zobrist
2B 97 Kinsler
1B 93 Eddie Murray
C 94 VMart

Bench:

87 Dave Winfield
94 Cepeda
93 Granderson
86 Willson Contreras
93 Reggie Jackson

Staff:

99 Arrieta
89 LS deGrom
88 LS Paxton
87 Rookie Thor
87 LS Fulmer

Pen:

87 Brad Hand
89 Rollie Fingers
87 LS Rivero
92 Doolittle
85 LS Nate Jones
87 LS Iglesias
83 LS Herrera

Looks like right now I could complete the player of the month collection for about 151,000 stubs. That would get me a Kinsler replacement, two diamond starters for my rotation, and I could replace LS Rivero with the PoTM one. I should also note that cards I have that I have that aren't locked and could be sold are the 99 Arietta, 98 Miggy, 93 Eddie Murray, 89 LS Rizzo, 87 Winfield. Any suggestions on a direction to go would be appreciated.

Well I now have 222,000 stubs because I bought a PoTM pack and got Tommy Pham. :/

My team:

OF 92 AJ Pollock
OF 97 Cliff Floyd
OF 94 Matt Holliday
3B 98 Miggy
SS 97 Zobrist
2B 97 Kinsler
1B 93 Eddie Murray
C 94 VMart

Bench:

87 Dave Winfield
94 Cepeda
93 Granderson
86 Willson Contreras
93 Reggie Jackson

Staff:

99 Arrieta
89 LS deGrom
88 LS Paxton
87 Rookie Thor
87 LS Fulmer

Pen:

87 Brad Hand
89 Rollie Fingers
87 LS Rivero
92 Doolittle
85 LS Nate Jones
87 LS Iglesias
83 LS Herrera

Looks like right now I could complete the player of the month collection for about 151,000 stubs. That would get me a Kinsler replacement, two diamond starters for my rotation, and I could replace LS Rivero with the PoTM one. I should also note that cards I have that I have that aren't locked and could be sold are the 99 Arietta, 98 Miggy, 93 Eddie Murray, 89 LS Rizzo, 87 Winfield. Any suggestions on a direction to go would be appreciated.

You should be comfortable doing the POTM collection. Helps your rotation. You still have a lot of value to play with for down the line.

I need someone to let me hit 8 homers in a game haha

I did really good in mine. 8IP 2R 1ER.

Yeah I finally settled down with him in the innings after. Just had one of those really rough first innings.

I might try to pick up Sale again. They DID hint at an attribute upgrade for him.....

OMG Yadi has a cannon. Dropped ball, picked it up immediately and made the fastest throw I've ever seen to third

I hate the Cardinals too. But holy fuck, Yadi's arm is AMAZING. Throwing out 90+ guys left and right with ease

Yeah I finally settled down with him in the innings after. Just had one of those really rough first innings.

I might try to pick up Sale again. They DID hint at an attribute upgrade for him.....

OMG Yadi has a cannon. Dropped ball, picked it up immediately and made the fastest throw I've ever seen to third

I hate the Cardinals too. But holy fuck, Yadi's arm is AMAZING. Throwing out 90+ guys left and right with ease

My CAP been destroying base runners all year.

Was in a very winnable BR game and my internet died :(

Would have been my 5th win

Then would have been 1 more win to get silver Bartolo Colon

I have a lot of pitching options now. I inadvertently completed the 93 Oswalt program with pitching with Aaron Nola.

99 Arrietta
95 Scherzer
95 Saberhahen
94 Kluber
93 Oswalt
92 Nola
92 Thor
90 POTM Anderson
85 Chris Young

Not one lefty. Don't want lefties anymore. Just carry 3 of them in the pen.

I have a lot of pitching options now. I inadvertently completed the 93 Oswalt program with pitching with Aaron Nola.

99 Arrietta
95 Scherzer
95 Saberhahen
94 Kluber
93 Oswalt
92 Nola
92 Thor
90 POTM Anderson
85 Chris Young

Which part of the Oswald program did the POTM Nola complete?

I'm not a huge fan of lefties either, one of the reasons I sold Sale, but I do think I'll put the POTM Paxton into my rotation once I finish the epic since a 96 velo guy with a sinker is probably going to be fairly devastating.

Which part of the Oswald program did the POTM Nola complete?

I'm not a huge fan of lefties either, one of the reasons I sold Sale, but I do think I'll put the POTM Paxton into my rotation once I finish the epic since a 96 velo guy with a sinker is probably going to be fairly devastating.

Win a game with 8 SO with a Phillies pitcher.

Win a game with 8 SO with a Phillies pitcher.

I've been working through that program and I only have two things left to complete, the Impect Veteran cumulative stats and the CG shutout, 6K, 1 win game with an Impact Vet pitcher. I must of done the 8 SO game with a Phillies pitcher, but for the life of me don't remember when or with who lol.

Shakes, I'm going to help you find some players this morning. How far are you in dynasty % again?

Not sure if you're aware of this, but this WILL help.

https://www.daddyleagues.com/dd/17/ranks

You can sort each position out by what they do well. So if you don't care about defense from your catcher, then you can rank them by how well they hit. Unfortunately, they don't include guys who have it as their secondary. So if you don't care about speed or defense then V-Mart is the best catcher you can have.

I used this site when I was trying to figure out who I wanted next. I like having defense and speed at every position, and I Miggy and Yadi are my only snails. And when it comes to pitching my players need nasty stuff.

99 Arrietta
95 Scherzer
95 Saberhahen
94 Kluber
93 Oswalt
92 Nola
92 Thor
90 POTM Anderson
85 Chris Young

Haha, I'll admit, there's not a single pitcher on that list that I liked using or think I would like using....jury is still out on Arrieta, I probably just didn't use him right. And with all my pitchers I can throw really well or get my ass kicked. Really just depends on the opponent really. When you play those upper echelon guys they hit every damn thing.

Also I noticed you omit Vida Blue from that list. Not a fan? I love Vida.

My next target is to reacquire Sale or get Tiant, but Tiant is so out of range even with a Larkin sale...but we all know that a hardware Verlander and Seaver are on the way anyways.

Top Bottom