• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 17' |OT| Now with less Papi!

Shakes, I'm going to help you find some players this morning. How far are you in dynasty % again?

Not sure if you're aware of this, but this WILL help.

https://www.daddyleagues.com/dd/17/ranks

You can sort each position out by what they do well. So if you don't care about defense from your catcher, then you can rank them by how well they hit. Unfortunately, they don't include guys who have it as their secondary. So if you don't care about speed or defense then V-Mart is the best catcher you can have.

I used this site when I was trying to figure out who I wanted next. I like having defense and speed at every position, and I Miggy and Yadi are my only snails. And when it comes to pitching my players need nasty stuff.

Haha, I'll admit, there's not a single pitcher on that list that I liked using or think I would like using....jury is still out on Arrieta, I probably just didn't use him right. And with all my pitchers I can throw really well or get my ass kicked. Really just depends on the opponent really. When you play those upper echelon guys they hit every damn thing.

Also I noticed you omit Vida Blue from that list. Not a fan? I love Vida.

My next target is to reacquire Sale or get Tiant, but Tiant is so out of range even with a Larkin sale...but we all know that a hardware Verlander and Seaver are on the way anyways.

Oswalt was the first program I ever completed. I just unlocked Lou Brock last night. Guess what pitcher has the best stats out of all of those pitchers?

It's Chris Young. 16-2 1.76 ERA 0.71 WHIP 10.4 K/9

Shakes, I'm going to help you find some players this morning. How far are you in dynasty % again?

Not sure if you're aware of this, but this WILL help.

https://www.daddyleagues.com/dd/17/ranks

You can sort each position out by what they do well. So if you don't care about defense from your catcher, then you can rank them by how well they hit. Unfortunately, they don't include guys who have it as their secondary. So if you don't care about speed or defense then V-Mart is the best catcher you can have.

I used this site when I was trying to figure out who I wanted next. I like having defense and speed at every position, and I Miggy and Yadi are my only snails. And when it comes to pitching my players need nasty stuff.

Haha, I'll admit, there's not a single pitcher on that list that I liked using or think I would like using....jury is still out on Arrieta, I probably just didn't use him right. And with all my pitchers I can throw really well or get my ass kicked. Really just depends on the opponent really. When you play those upper echelon guys they hit every damn thing.

Also I noticed you omit Vida Blue from that list. Not a fan? I love Vida.

My next target is to reacquire Sale or get Tiant, but Tiant is so out of range even with a Larkin sale...but we all know that a hardware Verlander and Seaver are on the way anyways.

Appreciate the help. I'm down to 100,000 stubs because I bought all of the POTM cards yesterday. However I would sell them back if that makes sense as I haven't started attackig the POTM Epic. I also have Arrieta, 98 Miggy, 93 Eddie Murray, LS Rizzo, and an 87 Winfield that could be sold if needed although I haven't pitched a single game with Arrieta yet.

I finally started attacking programs this past week. Finished Archer, I'm close to Oswald and like 70% through the Diamond one. Once I finish Oswald I'll be at like 16% and unlock Brock. I'm a long ways away with the BR wins and need another 50 ranked wins for the Diamond so it will take awhile to finish that. After Oswalt I'm probably going to do the King Felix one. I still have like 14-15 of the My Career milestones to finish so there will be a lot of stubs there potentially, but a lot of that is not super close to being done. Even though I've done it 5 times, I may have to consider jumping back into Conquest and playing games on rookie to at least finish some of the pitching ones. The good thing is that I didn't have much interest in this RS so I was able to do the event and then start the vs CPU grind. I had never set my sights on programs before, but I'm actually kind of enjoying the mindless grind and taking a break from the frustration of playing online.

tl;dr I blew my wad on POTM cards yesterday, but they are still sellable. Would be willing to sell Murray or Rizzo, but not both right now. I've finally started the single player grind, but have quite a ways to go.

Edit: Also forgot to mention that for whatever reason I never seem to play the market, so that would be a route for me to go to get extra stubs. Any pointers there would be appreciated.

Edit 2: Forgot to address the point about defense. My infield seems decent enough right now, but if I were going to try and upgrade anything it would be maybe a bit more speed in the outfield. I feel like there are balls I should be getting to that I can't because my guys aren't that quick. It's one reason I was looking at the Pirates epic because of the 95 Cutch reward.

Yeah, the grind offline can be a nice escape from ranked.

Anyways, I wouldn't consider Lou Brock and end-game player. Great guy off the bench though.

So checking out your lineup, I'll probably focus more on guys I would replace. I'm going to ignore the bullpen though. I've found that bullpen arms are overpriced and they'll release enough good arms you can get fairly easily.

OF 92 AJ Pollock - Keeper
OF 97 Cliff Floyd - Great bench bat and clutch pinch hitter. Bad defense
OF 94 Matt Holliday - 1B or bench
3B 98 Miggy - Maybe keep
SS 97 Zobrist - Keeper. I really like this card
2B 97 Kinsler - Decent bat, free player...keep it or put Zobrist there and get a SS
1B 93 Eddie Murray - I would replace with Holiday and sell when his value goes up, but only if the stubs get you somewhere
C 94 VMart - Put him at first base or on the bench. don't like his defense and speed

Staff:

99 Arrieta - TBD
89 LS deGrom - I don't have enough intel on him. But a lot of people like him.
88 LS Paxton - I always have a hard time at first facing him but he gets figured out. So decent enough
87 Rookie Thor - I kick Thor's ass every time I face him, but many have said they like him. So, up to you
87 LS Fulmer - Not enough intel

So, these are the things I'd upgrade/move around first without hesitation:
2 outfielders
Catcher
2-3 starting pitchers

Cabrera is a player I might consider keeping...that bat is too good and his defense at 3B isn't great, but it's serviceable (It's about the same than Kris Bryant's, for reference)

I think you're fine at 1B. You can put V-Mart and Holliday there, and since those dudes are free, I'd go ahead and sell Murray.

For catcher I would say Gary Carter or Carlos Ruiz both can be got for about 20k

For outfield, I'd recommend these guys:
Hardware McCutchen from Pirates
AS Cain from Royals
AS Winfield
Hardware Dawson
TBH I would probably just finish the Pirates and Royals. That way you can sell every Pirate/Royal card you ever get from now on, doing those will be cheaper than getting Dawson/Winfield, and you'll get stubs and XP and tickets from doing those epics. I always loved using those cards, would've stayed with them if I wasn't a completionist whore.

For SS, I'd say Correa is the most reasonable replacement when it comes to price. You can also plant him at 3rd or 2nd.

For 3B, this Longoria card from a previous event looks really good but I haven't seen it used.

As for pitching...it's really up to you. Everybody has their own preferences. I would avoid going after players you have to pay for and lock, in case you don't like the guy (Hello, Fergie Jenkins)

I'm not the one to ask about when it comes to playing the market. Rommel's our resident expert there. I have no patience whatsoever!

Yeah, the grind offline can be a nice escape from ranked.

Anyways, I wouldn't consider Lou Brock and end-game player. Great guy off the bench though.

So checking out your lineup, I'll probably focus more on guys I would replace. I'm going to ignore the bullpen though. I've found that bullpen arms are overpriced and they'll release enough good arms you can get fairly easily.

So, these are the things I'd upgrade/move around first without hesitation:
2 outfielders
Catcher
2-3 starting pitchers

Cabrera is a player I might consider keeping...that bat is too good and his defense at 3B isn't great, but it's serviceable (It's about the same than Kris Bryant's, for reference)

I think you're fine at 1B. You can put V-Mart and Holliday there, and since those dudes are free, I'd go ahead and sell Murray.

For catcher I would say Gary Carter or Carlos Ruiz both can be got for about 20k

For outfield, I'd recommend these guys:
Hardware McCutchen from Pirates
AS Cain from Royals
AS Winfield
Hardware Dawson
TBH I would probably just finish the Pirates and Royals. That way you can sell every Pirate/Royal card you ever get from now on, doing those will be cheaper than getting Dawson/Winfield, and you'll get stubs and XP and tickets from doing those epics. I always loved using those cards, would've stayed with them if I wasn't a completionist whore.

For SS, I'd say Correa is the most reasonable replacement when it comes to price. You can also plant him at 3rd or 2nd.

For 3B, this Longoria card from a previous event looks really good but I haven't seen it used.

As for pitching...it's really up to you. Everybody has their own preferences. I would avoid going after players you have to pay for and lock, in case you don't like the guy (Hello, Fergie Jenkins)

I'm not the one to ask about when it comes to playing the market. Rommel's our resident expert there. I have no patience whatsoever!

Wow. Thanks for all the info! What would you do about the POTM cards I bought yesterday. Worth keeping to slot the Nola and 96 Paxton into the rotation, or sell them? Looks like as of now I could get about 135,000 for them after the 10% cut. Not too far off from what I paid for them. So essentially is Paxton and Nola in the rotation worth 135,000 stubs?

Wow. Thanks for all the info! What would you do about the POTM cards I bought yesterday. Worth keeping to slot the Nola and 96 Paxton into the rotation, or sell them? Looks like as of now I could get about 135,000 for them after the 10% cut. Not too far off from what I paid for them. So essentially is Paxton and Nola in the rotation worth 135,000 stubs?

lol I would say use that to get Chris Sale but you already indicated you're not a fan.

I don't really care for any of the POTM cards. And I think to get Paxton you'll have to lock in Nola right? I think you're better off getting LS players. And this is where you can play the market. Go to Daddy Leagues or The Show Nation and you can see a player's transaction history to figure out where the card's prices have been, and sometimes a trend shows.

So let's take Scherzer, for instance (A player you may really like)
For reference, I put a bid for him and got him at 64k (It was an overpay at the time but I just wanted to grind Dawson)

You can see where his prices have gone throughout the weeks. When packs come out, cards tend to be cheaper. The day before packs come out, cards tend to be more expensive. So what you can do is go for players who have a bigger gap between buy and sell now, and you want to put in a bid and hope that somebody wants to sell the card sooner or later, and that you're the one who got it (Prepare to be over-cut a lot until it's sold)

So let's look at Scherzer's shit on TSN:

See how his price yesterday and today dipped, but the weeks before it was up? So for me, I'd probably try to snag him up now...but this is a gamble you take, I think he'll go back up, but it *could* go down if they drop some mission or packs that would help with that cause. But this year's game has shown that LS diamonds 93+ are just much more valuable.

So I would try to snag this Scherzer for no more than 55k today. And if you decide you don't like him, you can probably sell him for about 60k, and the worst thing that happens is you rented him for 1k. Best case scenario? You can be the one who gets him for 53, sell for 60+, and come away with a few thousand stubs.

This is where you can go to sort out pitchers who can be bought and who has to be earned.

lol I would say use that to get Chris Sale but you already indicated you're not a fan.

I don't really care for any of the POTM cards. And I think to get Paxton you'll have to lock in Nola right? I think you're better off getting LS players. And this is where you can play the market. Go to Daddy Leagues or The Show Nation and you can see a player's transaction history to figure out where the card's prices have been, and sometimes a trend shows.

So let's take Scherzer, for instance (A player you may really like)
For reference, I put a bid for him and got him at 64k (It was an overpay at the time but I just wanted to grind Dawson)

You can see where his prices have gone throughout the weeks. When packs come out, cards tend to be cheaper. The day before packs come out, cards tend to be more expensive. So what you can do is go for players who have a bigger gap between buy and sell now, and you want to put in a bid and hope that somebody wants to sell the card sooner or later, and that you're the one who got it (Prepare to be over-cut a lot until it's sold)

So let's look at Scherzer's shit on TSN:

See how his price yesterday and today dipped, but the weeks before it was up? So for me, I'd probably try to snag him up now...but this is a gamble you take, I think he'll go back up, but it *could* go down if they drop some mission or packs that would help with that cause. But this year's game has shown that LS diamonds 93+ are just much more valuable.

So I would try to snag this Scherzer for no more than 55k today. And if you decide you don't like him, you can probably sell him for about 60k, and the worst thing that happens is you rented him for 1k. Best case scenario? You can be the one who gets him for 53, sell for 60+, and come away with a few thousand stubs.

This is where you can go to sort out pitchers who can be bought and who has to be earned.

Ok. Lots of info to process, but here is what I am thinking. Going to sell of the POTM cards. Going to complete the Royals and Pirates epics for Cain and McCutchen. Going to sell of Murray. Not sure exactly what I am going to do at C or SS/2B yet. That would leave me with this:

OF Cain
OF Pollock
OF McCutchen
C TBD
1B Holliday/VMart
3B Miggy
2B Zobrist/TBD
SS Zobrist/TBD

Bench:

Holliday/VMart
93 Granderson
93 Reggie
TBD
TBD

Next I need to figure out exactly what I am going to do about pitching, but I have considered LS Strasburg and LS Scherzer. Arrieta is staying unless I have serious issues with him, so is deGrom. 50/50 chance I keep Rookie Thor, if not he can be sold for ~26,000. I'm also going to end up with the program Oswalt soon and the Drabek from the Pirates collection. Not sure if either are good, but might give them a go since they are free. Always a chance I talk myself back into Sale at some point, I was just so inconsistent with him. I'd either throw a 2 hit shutout or give up 5 runs in the first 3 innings.

Also random question about team epics, but what do you do once it's time to feed cards to get the final reward? Feed the whole collection, keep the whole collection and hit the market to buy cheapish cards to feed, or a combination for the two? I've finished like 4 of them so far, but never figured out the optimal strategy to feed cards.

Next I need to figure out exactly what I am going to do about pitching, but I have considered LS Strasburg and LS Scherzer. Arrieta is staying unless I have serious issues with him, so is deGrom. 50/50 chance I keep Rookie Thor, if not he can be sold for ~26,000. I'm also going to end up with the program Oswalt soon and the Drabek from the Pirates collection. Not sure if either are good, but might give them a go since they are free. Always a chance I talk myself back into Sale at some point, I was just so inconsistent with him. I'd either throw a 2 hit shutout or give up 5 runs in the first 3 innings.

Also random question about team epics, but what do you do once it's time to feed cards to get the final reward? Feed the whole collection, keep the whole collection and hit the market to buy cheapish cards to feed, or a combination for the two? I've finished like 4 of them so far, but never figured out the optimal strategy to feed cards.

I actually never really had issues with Drabek. I just got done with him fast so I don't have any strong feelings about him.

Oswalt is alright if used right. He's worth of being 4/5 guy, but I've beat the crap out of him several times and when I use him I'm not totally thrilled (But I also don't hate using it like I do Fergie) I get your feelings about Sale though, and think the same way. But more often than not, he delivered for me.

As for feeding, I never gave it much thought. Just check the market and see if there's a random bronze or common card that's worth over 100 stubs, and I'd sell those, eat everything else.

I actually never really had issues with Drabek. I just got done with him fast so I don't have any strong feelings about him.

Oswalt is alright if used right. He's worth of being 4/5 guy, but I've beat the crap out of him several times and when I use him I'm not totally thrilled (But I also don't hate using it like I do Fergie) I get your feelings about Sale though, and think the same way. But more often than not, he delivered for me.

As for feeding, I never gave it much thought. Just check the market and see if there's a random bronze or common card that's worth over 100 stubs, and I'd sell those, eat everything else.

I guess what I was trying to ask about feeding is do you keep a single copy of cards you know you won't use, or do you feed them. For example with the Pirates when I get to the point of feeding, I know that a guy like Josh Harrison won't even play for me so do you keep a copy of the card around just for the hell of it for completionist reasons or feed it knowing that there is no use for it anymore?

I guess what I was trying to ask about feeding is do you keep a single copy of cards you know you won't use, or do you feed them. For example with the Pirates when I get to the point of feeding, I know that a guy like Josh Harrison won't even play for me so do you keep a copy of the card around just for the hell of it for completionist reasons or feed it knowing that there is no use for it anymore?

Oh no, I just put all that shit on the market. If you have no use for Josh Harrison, then sell him as he is a few hundred.

Unless you are talking about feeding a CAP? Then yeah, I'd probably go ahead and feed everybody left over. Josh Harrison is the type of silver who'll get you more than 150 stubs so I'd keep it, but anybody else whose quick sell price is close to the lowest buy/sell now, I just feed.

I've completed 18/30 collections, and decided that there was no point in finishing the last 12. It would be too expensive, filled with players I'll never use, and the completion rewards are not that great. George Brett is the only player I'd even think about using, as I'd play Ripken over Banks and Ted Williams would be nothing more than a pinch hit bat due to his defense. So what I've done is feed every non-valuable pitcher to my CAP and then put all the leftovers on the market. You'd be shocked by how much you can earn back by doing that. It takes time, but if you put up 20 orders of cards that you earn 75 stubs for in each (And most can get you that), that's 1500 stubs right there.

If you have no interest in doing a CAP then I'd just slowly sell everybody. When you start playing the game, create 20 orders. Before you're done playing the game, put up 20 orders again. You'll make decent bank without realizing it. During games sometimes I'll put stuff on the market using the website.

Oh no, I just put all that shit on the market. If you have no use for Josh Harrison, then sell him as he is a few hundred.

Unless you are talking about feeding a CAP? Then yeah, I'd probably go ahead and feed everybody left over. Josh Harrison is the type of silver who'll get you more than 150 stubs so I'd keep it, but anybody else whose quick sell price is close to the lowest buy/sell now, I just feed.

I've completed 18/30 collections, and decided that there was no point in finishing the last 12. It would be too expensive, filled with players I'll never use, and the completion rewards are not that great. George Brett is the only player I'd even think about using, as I'd play Ripken over Banks and Ted Williams would be nothing more than a pinch hit bat due to his defense. So what I've done is feed every non-valuable pitcher to my CAP and then put all the leftovers on the market. You'd be shocked by how much you can earn back by doing that. It takes time, but if you put up 20 orders of cards that you earn 75 stubs for in each (And most can get you that), that's 1500 stubs right there.

If you have no interest in doing a CAP then I'd just slowly sell everybody. When you start playing the game, create 20 orders. Before you're done playing the game, put up 20 orders again. You'll make decent bank without realizing it. During games sometimes I'll put stuff on the market using the website.

I'm talking about the 5th stage of a team epic where you have to exchange players from your collection to finish the last stage to unlock the player epic player. In the case of the Pirates you need to exchange 49000 points worth of players. Do you tend to feed the entire collection that you had to lock? i.e. do you feed the gold McCutchen and Marte if you have no use for them or do you like to keep a copy of those types of players and just hit the market for cheap bronzes to do the exchange? I'm not sure I'm doing a great job explaining my question.

I'm talking about the 5th stage of a team epic where you have to exchange players from your collection to finish the last stage to unlock the player epic player. In the case of the Pirates you need to exchange 49000 points worth of players. Do you tend to feed the entire collection that you had to lock? i.e. do you feed the gold McCutchen and Marte if you have no use for them or do you like to keep a copy of those types of players and just hit the market for cheap bronzes to do the exchange? I'm not sure I'm doing a great job explaining my question.

Never ever ever feed a gold player or a high priced silver. Even if you've run out of guys, keep them around as their quick sell value (namely golds) is probably worth more than feeding them straight up.

If you've got lots of common and bronze duplicates, you probably don't have to worry about it at all. But if you've got 1-3 at each, you might have to. I recall feeding all commons and bronzes and still have the higher tier bronzes still be around for me to sell off. But if you run out of commons/bronzes, then go to TSN and find out which ones are the cheapest and which ones will get you to 49,000 points. But yeah, never feed a gold to an exchange mission or even a CAP.

I wouldn't worry about that yet though. Annoying part about the Drabek mission is just getting the game to select him. That's going to annoy you enough, lol.

FYI, Reddit appears to be a big fan of that Carlos Ruiz card. i myself never faced it though.

Never ever ever feed a gold player or a high priced silver. Even if you've run out of guys, keep them around as their quick sell value (namely golds) is probably worth more than feeding them straight up.

If you've got lots of common and bronze duplicates, you probably don't have to worry about it at all. But if you've got 1-3 at each, you might have to. I recall feeding all commons and bronzes and still have the higher tier bronzes still be around for me to sell off. But if you run out of commons/bronzes, then go to TSN and find out which ones are the cheapest and which ones will get you to 49,000 points. But yeah, never feed a gold to an exchange mission or even a CAP.

I wouldn't worry about that yet though. Annoying part about the Drabek mission is just getting the game to select him. That's going to annoy you enough, lol.

FYI, Reddit appears to be a big fan of that Carlos Ruiz card. i myself never faced it though.

So quick sell golds and silvers I'll never use again after the doing the team epic and exchange bronze and commons for the final phase of the team epic? I don't know why I've never though about his before. I just have cards sitting in my collection from the Cards and Rangers epics that I don't have any need for. Sounds like it's time for a quick sell marathon soon.

So quick sell golds and silvers I'll never use again after the doing the team epic and exchange bronze and commons for the final phase of the team epic? I don't know why I've never though about his before. I just have cards sitting in my collection from the Cards and Rangers epics that I don't have any need for. Sounds like it's time for a quick sell marathon soon.

If you have the patience, put them on the market. Usually the only ones you HAVE to quick sell are the one card you need for that collection, or if you got it via program packs.

Selling a bunch of cards at 75+ stubs will take you much farther than selling each for 25. 50 stubs may not seem much for an individual card but if you do it on all of them...

If you have the patience, put them on the market. Usually the only ones you HAVE to quick sell are the one card you need for that collection, or if you got it via program packs.

Selling a bunch of cards at 75+ stubs will take you much farther than selling each for 25. 50 stubs may not seem much for an individual card but if you do it on all of them...

Well here's the thing. I have basically been selling everything on the market since launch day. I only have one copy of every card currently. So I've done like 4 or 5 team epics and for some reason I never thought to sell off the one locked copy of the cards I still have sitting in those collections. Not that it will get me a ton of stubs, but I'm probably sitting on at least a few thousand that I totally forgot I could quick sell.

I'm selling Jake. I've done pretty good with him but everyone has him. If you get him picked, most likely the other person has him and it's Arrietta vs Arrietta. He is going to get figured out. I've already rocked him.

I'm selling Jake. I've done pretty good with him but everyone has him. If you get him picked, most likely the other person has him and it's Arrietta vs Arrietta. He is going to get figured out. I've already rocked him.

Something about him doesn't feel as nasty as I thought it would be

You know, I'm kind of at the point where I have no idea who or what to get anymore...I really do want to give Tiant a shot but he's expensive. If I were to sell Jake and Larkin I could afford one...

Also, I got a weird feeling there will be old event and old ranked seasons rewards in the ticket counter eventually

Something about him doesn't feel as nasty as I thought it would be

You know, I'm kind of at the point where I have no idea who or what to get anymore...I really do want to give Tiant a shot but he's expensive. If I were to sell Jake and Larkin I could afford one...

Also, I got a weird feeling there will be old event and old ranked seasons rewards in the ticket counter eventually

I'm still cursed at 3rd base. David Wright batting .200

I'm still cursed at 3rd base. David Wright batting .200

I wonder if part of Arrieta being not as good as it looks is because of his delivery. I've noticed his pitch trajectories aren't as hard to read coming out of his hand.

Anyways you should buy back that AS Miggy. He's the cure at 3rd.

what's the verdict on that floyd from the ticket store? the balanced splits and speed make him look pretty good, but i'm stingy with tickets

what's the verdict on that floyd from the ticket store? the balanced splits and speed make him look pretty good, but i'm stingy with tickets

He just smashed a potentially game winning home run for me so...............

He won't be as good on defense as Cain/McCutchen but I tell you what. He's sure as hell better than AJ Pollock! One of the best bats in the game. If you stash him at LF and play in a park that isn't demanding of that position (Like Fenway) you're fine

I wonder if part of Arrieta being not as good as it looks is because of his delivery. I've noticed his pitch trajectories aren't as hard to read coming out of his hand.

Anyways you should buy back that AS Miggy. He's the cure at 3rd.

I had him. I just bought Arenado. Just played one game with him. 1-4 HR and some of the best D I've seen at 3rd. With my rotation being nothing but sinker ballers, it really helped. I've had him before and batted .268 and I thought there was a better answer and got rid of him. I'll take .270 with some pop and fantastic D over the average D and .200 batting avaerages.

You are exactly right about Jake. His delivery makes it easy to read. He's gonna get killed once everyone faces him a bunch.

I look forward to welcoming Luis Tiant to the squad!

He's so insanely expensive though. Christ. It'd feel weird to sell Larkin and Arrieta just to get that card but hopefully it doesn't dip terribly.

Not even a gold.

Well it did take two 20 packs before I got Larkin....

Also, Guidry is nice. Fastball is kind of easy to hit but this is my first time with him. His breaking balls are really good and his splitter acts as a changeup. He's kind of like Kershaw

Yadi has allowed like 5 fucking drops. what the fuck

Yeah he probably lost a game early on. you dodged a bullet haha

I'm terrible at BR, too many elite players in my 2nd games lol

New run, beat a guy with the 12-0 banner in the first game, he kinda sucked....god damn, he is like 1005-450 online :|

Yea! I got the 93 Kinsler player epic

WTF this guy is 20-1 this season, 1000 ranked and 1005-370 overall :|

Putting my tinfoil hat back on but I think I'm seeing a new tactic by my opposition. I swear I played 2 games last night against 2 different people. I dominate the first inning or two in pitching, they offer me a friendly quit, I decline, and some switch gets turned, either by them turning up or me turning down because they seem to turn into pros. So weird. Twice, two friendly quits turn into them becoming dominant against me.

Does anyone use the 30-team control in Franchise mode? I want to do it but it seems confusing.

This thread is basically for diamond dynasty lol

Been trying to finish the 2nd to last part of this Steve Finley epic which is to hit 9 homers with lefties. I loaded my lineup with all lefties and every fucking game I have to face Vida Blue!

Yeah, I think I'm a dying breed haha. I hate Ultimate Team, Diamond Dynasty etc.

Just give me a Franchise mode and that's all I need. The salaries being completely made up ruins it for me though.

Believe it or not, there used to be a GAF league.

Kind of.

I think a lot of us here would love to have it back, but it's barely functional.

Franchise mode would have saved me tons of time...

I use Ripken at SS, Seager at 3rd and Cano/Sandberg/Kinsler at 2nd, Hanley on the bench....

If I can get this damn 8HR in 8 games mission done I'll have Griffey

How much is the Tiant card or is it not available on the market? I can't seem to find a listing for it on the Show Nation or DL.

http://theshownation.com/marketplace/listing?item_ref_id=25448#

He costs too damn much.....but I can always sell him back. As long as he is popular in the community, he'll be worth a lot

But I definitely will be double and triple checking that I never lock him in

IV hanley or HW ripken for SS?

Ripken. Hanley's defense is unacceptable.

He's a good bench bat though because he can hit well vs both righties and lefties and can play 2 positions in case of emergency

I have beat Jake every time I have faced him so far. Sit on sinker and adjust.

I have found my 3rd baseman!!!!!!!!!!!! Nolan Arenado has raised his batting average from .264 to .306, has hit 4 HRs, and drove in 6 and played an incredible 3B.

99 Griffey is amazing.....in BR

50 BR wins done

Just need the homers and the cleats

Who wants a free BR win :p

Gah, idiot quit without giving me a shot at any homers, now I need 4 homers in 2 games =/

Who designed these missions at SDS =/

And then after finding someone to grind the homers with my internet died and I had to start anew, and in the 5th game of 8, before I could msg asking to trade for the homers, I was msged asking for doubles and a deal was struck and now....

F2IXoPt.jpg

I can't believe it, I will have Joe Random in a few days......and never get that mission done :D

I'm 10 ranked wins from Joe...

I'll never complete all those epics. It's like 5 programs within a program. And many has to be done in ranked.

Jesus Christ, Tiant's price is stupid. I'm just not going to drop that much for a single starting pitcher...I'm sure something else will eventually come that won't cost as much because there will be much more in circulation.

When you're 12th win to get Diamond Braun was a comeback win.

Feels good.

36014458090_23ae8a819c_c.jpg

36242865142_50dfa20837_c.jpg

Finished at rank 61 on the leaderboards. Pretty fun event all around. Got to use players that I'd normally never use all the while still keeping top tier pitching.

36242869002_d6480ed51e_c.jpg

Chris Sale and Luis Tiant are getting to become stupid prices. I've hesitated buying either because I've seen people get them for a price I want. But people keep topping each other and the buy now is getting worse and worse.

Just put a HW Seaver or HW Verlander in the ticket store please.....lol

Jonsson you definitely sell Cano. Too many lefties out there now

I finally got the Warren Spahn player epic!!! hahahaha

is it worth spending 25k to get the team epic kinsler? i need an asnwer at 2b. i suck with sandberg and murphy. how about that 96 molitor?

is it worth spending 25k to get the team epic kinsler? i need an asnwer at 2b. i suck with sandberg and murphy. how about that 96 molitor?

Eh, the IV Kinsler you can get as a player epic is better than the Breakout one.

But I think Sandberg is great. Just keep giving him a shot.

I finally reacquired sale for about 119k.
I hope they bump him up like they hinted in the last stream. His price should shoot up. Or, he becomes better. I always liked him. We'll see how round 2 goes.

I don't know if I'm gonna make WS this season. I got as high as 878 and then I dropped down around 800. Probably a combination of things, not as intense for a player I don't care for, trying new players a bunch, annoyed with the pitchers I'm facing, gameplay fatigue.

Ready for this season to be over and for them to wow us next season.

Top Bottom