• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Jon Jones. Demolished a much higher caliber division and only ended from personal issues outside the UFC. Hope he makes a comeback. Cormier the pretender.

Funny you call Cormier the pretender when Jones was the preachy one that is drunk driving every weekend.

Instro

Absolutely. Silva didn't win, and 30-27 is an actual indefensible scorecard. There is no accurate way to score that fight 30-27.

Both looked shit though I agree with that. Terrible fight

Honestly each round felt like a coin toss to me, so as crazy as 30-27 is, it was a weird enough fight that I could see it happen.

Weckum

De Randamie coming out to that horrible Dutch song again. Hope us Dutchies can get a belt finally, been too long and not holding my breath for Overeem or Struve ever getting one. Gegard is our only hope in the men's division.

The problem with DJ is the division he fights in is pretty terrible.

Yeah, I actually really do think DJ is one of the most technically sound MMA fighters ever. He has the best mix from his striking to takedown game I've seen since GSP.

His problem is, he's fighting in a very shallow division and that will always be held against him.

YaGaMi

Jon Jones. Demolished a much higher caliber division and only ended from personal issues outside the UFC. Hope he makes a comeback. Cormier the pretender.

The only blip would be the Gustafsson fight I believe he lost and the eye pokes :p

Levito

Banned
Was Anderson Silvia the best UFC fighter ever? I think he was.

I think Jon Jones is the *best*, but Anderson had the most legendary streak and most amazing fight collection. Humiliating Forest, front kicking Vitor, coming back at the very end against Chael. Too many amazing moments.

Andy had the length and probably had more amazing moments but he also had some really shitty fights. JBJ would probably have surpassed him in moments if he wasn't such a fuck up and was actually fighting. He did look shitty against OSP though. I'll stick with Andy as my GOAT for now.

Its controversial somewhat but I still think GSP is the real GOAT fighter. I think his run is more impressive than both Andy and Jones. I have it GSP - Jones - Andy

Really pulling for Holm here. Hope she can make it happen

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
They'll keep Holm around. She still has a name the public knows. The only other women's fighter they have with a name is PVZ and she loses all the time.

Jones is already the GOAT and it wouldn't even be a question if he wasn't such a fuck up

Only reason I put GSP above him still, is GSP beat multiple generations of fighters. Both the "old guard" for his time and the "new guard". A lot of Jones wins are against older fighters.

He's a monster though and I have no issue with him being placed on top. I just lean GSP still

Top Bottom