• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

I think the fact she wasn't punished for the cheap shots was why the crowd turned on her.

She got away with 2 bullshit cheap shots, and then had the nerve to say that her opponent didn't come to fight.

Sit down mark!

HAHAHAHA I do love the mark comment.

And yes, the shots after the bell was indeed uncalled for. Still, it was the only redeeming thing in this fight so I guess I let that slide.

jWILL253

Banned
I don't watch many UFC fights. More of a boxing guy, myself.

But that ref is one of the worst I've seen. Holly should've won the fight. Derandame landed more power shots, but the only time she actually rocked Holm was well after the bell. Holm, on the other hand, rocked her twice (and didn't capitalize either time, which is a shame), and had way more overall activity.

This was a garbage card. I respect Holm as a fighter, but her last 3 bouts have been suspect, if only for her inability to take charge of the fight. She's content to let the fight come to her and pick her shots, but not every fighter is Ronda Rousey.

The Beard

Well it could have been worse. The ref could have taken 1 pt, it would have been a draw and we'd have to watch a rematch.

There's 3 people in the division, and 1 of them is currently serving a suspension. Holy will get a shot at the interim belt at UFC 212 against Gina Carano.

Can you believe I was in the audience at the Calgray show? Shit was abysmal lmao

Yoooo! I'm so sorry. I've been somewhat lucky despite going to over like, idk, 40 shows I haven't got a true stinker. Worse I've probably ever been to was way back at UFC on Fox 2. The one with Rashad vs Phil Davis as the main event back in 2012.

Afrikan

Is this what some people want?

A wall and stall Champ?

can't believe some wanted/had Holly winning that fight.

I hoped we got away from Wall and Stall in the UFC....but apparently some don't mind it coming back.

as far as the shots after the bell.... the first one is real close, even though Rogan was being over dramatic about it.... heck he even claimmed it was an elbow for a good minute before being corrected.

the last strike that landed, I swear Germaine was already staring to punch when the bell went off.

now the second time it happened, even though nothing landed, that was straight Germaine's fault. But again since nothing landed is one reason I believe the Ref didn't take a point.

If the two after the bell sequences were switched, I believe the REF would've took a point.

Luke Thomas at least calling it like it is.

Ariel already apologizing for GDR on Twitter along with Dan Hardy.

Hey guys, if you punch people not once, but TWICE, after the bell. Its totally ok. Its just the heat of the moment ok? So if you are a fighter looking to fuck up your opponent when they are defenseless don't worry about it Ariel and Dan will make excuses for you. Let the punches go

iddqd

Just came back from a friends house, feels bad to pay for this kind of PPV.
Should have stayed home and gone to bed early.

Anderson Silva just admitted for the first time ever in the Post Fight Press Conference he felt old in the 3rd round of that fight.

Hang em up Andy before you get seriously hurt

Out of 10 fights 9 went to a decision. Hmmmm...

And the guy screaming fuck you didnt make Randamie any happier. Come on first dutch champ since Bas Rutten.

I just watched the replay. Why in the blue hell was that garbage referee appointed to the main event instead of Big John or Herb Dean???? Hell, even Yves Lavigne would have done it better

Ronda vs Randamie for the 4th of July weekend card. Book it.

And I hope Bellator has room for me.

(For those that were wondering last night I'm not really Tim Boetsch. I posted my pic here once and it was mentioned I look him and people started occasionally referring to me by his name).

brentech

Dana White: "Not one of our better events."
T0xlAQI.gif

huh, it's as if no one could have predicted that.

bbd23

me and my friends had more fun playing the stupid trivia game at buffalo wild wings than watching this card.

btw the food there is garbage.

Haunted

Terrible numbered event, boring fights, no finishes, terrible refereeing, incompetent judges. Yup, UFC 208 turned out to be as shitty as everyone feared.

CME podcast is going to have a field day with this one. Time to update that Dundasso design to include punching after the bell.

Mega

Banned
I just watched the replay. Why in the blue hell was that garbage referee appointed to the main event instead of Big John or Herb Dean???? Hell, even Yves Lavigne would have done it better

UFC doesn't pick them. I think they get picked at random from a pool of licensed refs and placed in a rotation. The best UFC can do is ask for better refs from that state's athletic commission.

Top Bottom