• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

-MD-

So at this point they're just gonna make McGregor vs Ferguson for the belt, ya?

Assuming Conor can bring himself to defend a belt

zewone

Conor has no need to return to the UFC until he gets the Mayweather fight.

WME needs to suck it up and make it happen.

The longer they play hard ball, the longer before Conor will be willing to return.

Won't they just re-arrange the Khabib/Ferguson fight?

I'd be pretty surprised if Khabib's next fight isn't at 170lbs. He was already planning on making the move because of how difficult the weight cut to 155 is for him.

pixelation

Fuck Nurmagbebhsvghsvgh he always looks kinda flabby, i don't know how pro fighters don't stay in shape or very darn near all year round. Fuck him... i am not interested in fucking champ wimp vs generic ass lame-o movie villain #6.

And Bisping killed GSP on the presser, he really nailed it in saying that he (Bisping) is a fighter and GSP is an athlete, he didn't even deny it, fuck GSP... GO COUNT!!!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Doctor stoppage before he even walked into the octagon. That's an L as far as I'm concerned.

Royce Gracie's 11 fight win streak says otherwise. Harold Howard was robbed of his rightful place in history.

hqdefault.jpg

The true face of a champion.

All of this, fuck Im disappointed. If it weren't for the fact that I am watching it with all my closest fight buddies I might not even bother.

He was dehydrated.

3KZweSE.jpg

Dangerously dehydrated from trying to make the weight.

Khabib says he cuts 37lbs during fight week.

I'm sorry, but that's fucking stupid. Either walk around lighter or change weight classes.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/8...-difficulties-of-making-weight-without-iv-mma

That severely dehydrated? I would never have thought that would be a thing for a professional athlete, though if he lost 37lbs in a week then he needs to consider the weight he fights at. I thought Ricky Hatton ballooned up when he wasn't training but 37lbs? Fuck me that's pathetic.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
That severely dehydrated? I would never have thought that would be a thing for a professional athlete, though if he lost 37lbs in a week then he needs to consider the weight he fights at. I thought Ricky Hatton ballooned up when he wasn't training but 37lbs? Fuck me that's pathetic.

Eddie Alvarez said on twitter that he's at 185 and he offered to take the fight on a day's notice. Fighters cut a stupid amount of weight in the UFC regularly.

I wonder how the PPV buys will be now? I thought it would get between 200-250k buys but without the "real" main event, it's gonna be hard to hit 100k.

Russians, Muslims, Southern California where Tony trains, now don't give a fuck about this card.

If Damian Maia where fighting for the belt they'd at least get Brazilians to watch.

pixelation

I wonder how the PPV buys will be now? I thought it would get between 200-250k buys but without the "real" main event, it's gonna be hard to hit 100k.

Russians, Muslims, Southern California where Tony trains, now don't give a fuck about this card.

If Damian Maia where fighting for the belt they'd at least get Brazilians to watch.

I know right?, very few actually like Woodley and/or Thompson.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I'm rapidly losing interest in this sport. As much as a shitshow the Fertitta's could be, the sport did grow a lot under their watch. WME hasn't brought in anything of note and they've failed to remedy some of the big problems.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Hasn't gaf taught you that pre-ordering is just a bad idea in general?
I'm sorry
I ordered it last evening, and it didn't cross my mind that something could go wrong and the only fight I wanted to watch would end up getting cancelled. Feels bad. :(

I really don't think a 10-10 round should ever be used unless guys are choosing not to attack each other.

If it's a pick 'em round, I think draws should be fine, and I think judges should be more liberal with awarding draws as well as 10-8s, but I digress.

Under the old rules, Morales would have more than likely gotten round 3, however under the new rules - and, admittedly, this is based on my understanding of them - Soukhamthath did enough to negate the grappling advantage.

Oh, well. It was a good scrap.

brentech

If it's a pick 'em round, I think draws should be fine, and I think judge should be more liberal with awarding draws as well as 10-8s, but I digress.

Under the old rules, Morales would have more than likely gotten round 3, however under the new rules - and, admittedly, this is based on my understanding of them - Soukhamthath did enough to negate the grappling advantage.

Oh, well. It was a good scrap.
That's fine, I just wasn't sure if I missed something when asking about the 10-8.
I completely agree that 10-8s should be awarded more, as they were talking about at the end of the FightPass stream as well.

Personally, the idea of 10-10 round makes me want to puke a little. I prefer to force the judges to pick a 10-9 winner, even if that means they each flip a coin.

----

Recalling like listening to Thompson and hope he can take it. Have a feeling Woodley knocks his head off tonight though.

That's fine, I just wasn't sure if I missed something when asking about the 10-8.
I completely agree that 10-8s should be awarded more, as they were talking about at the end of the FightPass stream as well.

Personally, the idea of 10-10 round makes me want to puke a little. I prefer to force the judges to pick a 10-9 winner, even if that means they each flip a coin.

----

Recalling like listening to Thompson and hope he can take it. Have a feeling Woodley knocks his head off tonight though.

Yeah, there wasn't a single 10-8 round in that fight. It was very competitive.

10-10 rounds aren't ideal, but so often two fights are just so damn evenly matched that it just doesn't seem fair to just pick one. I sympathise with judges that have to score close fights, but these fighters are putting everything on the line.

---

Woodley/Thompson is one of those fights I love and hate at the same time because I don't want either to lose.

I am going with Woodley again though. I just want racist fucks online to lose their shit again, and while I love Wonderboy, he's gotten away with saying shit other fighters would have gotten ripped to pieces for by the fans. My problem in particular is that he's acting like he should have won the first fight because he won 3 rounds. Which is nonsense. Round 1 should have been a 10-8 for Woodley. Round 2 was a 10-9 for Wonderboy. Round 3 was so evenly matched that it could have gone either way - if not a draw - and round 4 clearly was a 10-8, so even with Wonderboy taking round with another 10-9, Woodley should have won that fight. The fact only one judge awarded him a 10-8 in round 4 is ridiculous. But, again, I digress. I've argued this enough.

Here's hoping to a great main event.

Top Bottom