• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Levito

Banned
Y'all I found it, the greatest thing the UFC has ever put on screen:

g05mkXX.jpg

NO KNOWN WEAKNESSES.

God it makes me laugh so much.

A roided up Victor Belfo has no known weaknesses because its his ultimate form. 2nd level is TRT Victor and base Victor is natty and cant fight.

Chumley

Banned
Bisping was a dick to Yves Edwards on the Post Show. What a terrible champion he's been. Dude can't handle having a target on his back. Clearly he was threatened by Gastulam's performance. Really rooting for GSP now.

Being the champion isn't fun. Some people like DC mostly take the hate in stride, some don't. The only current champions I can think of who don't get constant grief are Conor, Nunes, and Mighty Mouse.

I really don't see how Fox has allowed Bisping to keep his analyst desk job. He's been unprofessional at times; being drunk for the GSP presser, being drunk again and bullying Eddie Bravo. Then he can't even analyze a middleweight fight objectively without showing fear, insecurity, and ego.

Chael and Florian were both either fired or suspended for far less, IMO.

I'm really glad he's getting a money fight with GSP but hope he loses and comes back down to earth.

Chumley

Banned
I really don't see how Fox has allowed Bisping to keep his analyst desk job. He's been unprofessional at times; being drunk for the GSP presser, being drunk again and bullying Eddie Bravo. Then he can't even analyze a middleweight fight objectively without showing fear, insecurity, and ego.

I'm really glad he's getting a money fight with GSP but hope he loses and comes back down to earth.

Chael is the GOAT after Rogan for MMA talk.

His podcast is so entertaining to listen to.

FUME5

New state government here in Western Australia, the ban on cage fighting is to be overturned with a UFC event rumoured for early 2018.

SteveWD40

You are right about the other two, but come on, Bravo is a fucking conspiracy troll with a big mouth and I think bullying is a bit strong. They argued, it seems they got over it pretty fast as well.

Levito

Banned
To be fair, Vitor is nearly 40. When Reem shrunk to the size of a pea, he was still in his early 30s.

There were people back in 2009/2010 that legit thought Overeem was clean too. "Horsemeat dudes, it'll give you like 40lbs of muscle in a year, bro."

zewone

Looks like Ferguson turned down Khabib match at UFC 210 and also turned down Alavrez fight at UFC 210.

Rumor is it's likely him playing hard ball because how badly he was screwed at 209.

Heel

Looks like Ferguson turned down Khabib match at UFC 210 and also turned down Alavrez fight at UFC 210.

Rumor is it's likely him playing hard ball because how badly he was screwed at 209.

Poor guy, getting 6 figures for his time and the same fight lined up a month later.

Ferguson really needs to take that fight. $100k for 209 + $200k for fighting at 210. Plus, Khabib may not be fully recovered. Take that fight man.

However, we don't know the details. Maybe the UFC is trying to make him fight for only $100k since they just paid him a few weeks ago.

Kelvin should fight Brunson

Romero should fight Spider

One of the lower risk fights for Romero and gets to notch a legend under his belt .

For Silva it catapults him to the top and sets up either a rematch with Bisping or a match against GSP. Only way GSP doesn't vacate MW after beating Bisping is a fight against Silva.

Syder

Ferguson really needs to take that fight. $100k for 209 + $200k for fighting at 210. Plus, Khabib may not be fully recovered. Take that fight man.

However, we don't know the details. Maybe the UFC is trying to make him fight for only $100k since they just paid him a few weeks ago.
UFC should just pay the man, people will still want to see and pay for the fight. I think a few people, including myself, had Tony down to win at 209 and if Khabib is struggling at the moment, he should absolutely take the fight.

Haunted

209 had a pretty great main card aside from the title fight.

Diverse, too. Single hit walk-off ko, slick jiu jitsu, back and forth slug matches, just good times.

Shame about Woodley vs Thompson. There's a fine line between playing it smart and fighting defensively and being too passive and apprehensive trying to coast that it's just super boring to watch. This fight was firmly in the latter territory.

Shame about Ferguson Khabib not happening! Khabib missed a huge opportunity, hope Ferguson gets that title shot against McGregor now if Khabib isn't cleared to immediately fight again.

Man I'd take fights against Khabib all day in hopes of keep collecting show money.

Ferguson vs Nate Diaz for the interim? Diaz got like 2 million vs Conor, no way he gets that vs Ferguson. How is Ferguson, ranked #1, not ask for at least the same amount that Nate would make. What are these guys worth? What would you pay them?

Ferguson vs Nate Diaz for the interim? Diaz got like 2 million vs Conor, no way he gets that vs Ferguson. How is Ferguson, ranked #1, not ask for at least the same amount that Nate would make. What are these guys worth? What would you pay them?

Only Conor makes everybody richer. White was right. If you're not Conor shut up and fight.

If you aren't getting a split of their paycheck or being forced to pay higher ppv prices by it, why would you care about a fighter making 6 or 7 figures for a fight?

Why is that even a point to be brought up outside the topic of fair wages across the board for the sport?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Because they're basically ranked in the same spot and both coming off wins, with most of the rest of the division committed to fighting somebody and Gastelum specifically asked for the fight? And it's one of very few entertaining matchups for Silva left in the top 10 at 185.

Any one or multiple of these completely reasonable explanations, maybe?

Top Bottom