• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
So the Scotland card will be headlined by Michael Bisping vs. Thales Leites.

It could have been worse I guess. If Bisping pulls out and the co-main event - Ross Pearson vs. Evan Dunham - becomes the headliner then it sure will.

187 was by far the best card UFC has put on in awhile. It was the caliber they used to have before the global expansion / Fox deal. So happy Wildman won but disappointed Rumble choked. Now we're stuck with a boring wrestlefucker until Jones comes back.

Also, I would absolutely love it if Bader talked his way into a title shot with DC and then somehow managed to beat him. It'd be the funniest thing to ever happen in the history of UFC.

brentech

Was a good card for the most part.

Not sure I agree that Rumble choked. He put some good licks on DC and the dude managed to stay in it. Don't think anyone thought AJ would stifle the wrestling game. At least he didn't go out there and lay an egg, but DC is boring as fuck so it sucks.

Just appreciate Jones skill even more.

Was a good card for the most part.

Not sure I agree that Rumble choked. He put some good licks on DC and the dude managed to stay in it. Don't think anyone thought AJ would stifle the wrestling game. At least he didn't go out there and lay an egg, but DC is boring as fuck so it sucks.

Just appreciate Jones skill even more.

I guess 'choked' is harsh but I was just surprised at a) how incapable at grappling he appeared to be on the fence and on the ground and b) how horrendous his cardio was. He was gassed at the start of round 2. I was wondering if maybe he was super nervous and tense and had a big adrenaline dump or if he was injured or something. It seemed impossible that his conditioning was that bad for a title fight.

brentech

I guess 'choked' is harsh but I was just surprised at a) how incapable at grappling he appeared to be on the fence and on the ground and b) how horrendous his cardio was. He was gassed at the start of round 2. I was wondering if maybe he was super nervous and tense and had a big adrenaline dump or if he was injured or something. It seemed impossible that his conditioning was that bad for a title fight.

yeah. he laid on the ground like a broken man after round one, so I get it there.

To me Rumbles biggest mistake was rushing. He hit Cormier with some massive stuff but then he went silly stupid and threw a bunch of nothing that did nothing but tire himself out which actually is the complete opposite of how he has recently been fighting. Picking and choosing good hits.

Adrenaline got to him.

Yaari

Now starting to realize how weak the LHW division is today, it's pretty sad.
Bader talking himself into a title shot. What a mess.

It is pretty funny how Rogan said he was just weakening himself by cutting to 170 in the past. Now that he gassed out at 205, I guess the answer is to move up to 265.
I was a bit surprised his energy was zapped so quickly. Sure he has had issues with it in the past, but he did go the distance with Phil Davis without too much trouble.

industrian

Now starting to realize how weak the LHW division is today, it's pretty sad.

Bader's the only guy with a win streak, so even though he's got the charisma and abilities of a wet sleeping bag, you can't begrudge him the next shot. But after that, you have the potential for guys with only one win in their last three fights to get title shots - just like Machida did in 2011.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Hashad hasn't fought since Nov 2013.
Rampage has a winning streak, but I don't think he has any interest fighting a "boring wrestler"

Yeah, Anthony Johnson destroyed everybody else.

industrian

Rampage vs. DC? Rampage would get 50-42'd so hard he'd probably walk out of the cage after the third round.

And Rashad is too old and his knees are shot. He should come back for one more "legacy" fight against Shogun then retire.

FUME5

So the Scotland card will be headlined by Michael Bisping vs. Thales Leites.

It could have been worse I guess. If Bisping pulls out and the co-main event - Ross Pearson vs. Evan Dunham - becomes the headliner then it sure will.

What a shit main & co main.

Heel

#StopDoubtingMe

CF0PIy7VIAA5pVe.jpg:large

NomarTyme

I dunno. There was an exchange where he connected on like, three of em in a row.
If he did connect those 3 then he should have been knock out already. Anyways DC caught him and brought him down and he couldn't do anything.

Also the two ladies that Rumble were hanging out with is Chesticaxxx(Red dress) and SinFul Celeste(Meh).

If he did connect those 3 then he should have been knock out already. Anyways DC caught him and brought him down and he couldn't do anything.

He should've been knocked out by that monster blow that sent him literally flying at the start of the fight. Rumble did land multiple big shots and kicks successfully at the start but Cormier has a near indestructible chin that allowed him to weather the punishment he was throwing out and retaliate. Rumble made the mistake of assuming that he could KO Cormier as easily as the other guys he'd blown through and when he saw that DC wasn't going down from his initial big hits he gassed himself by going wild trying to capitalize on that initial momentum thinking DC was more hurt and rocked than he was in reality. He didn't lose because he threw the same kick too many times, he lost by tiring himself out so badly that he only had the strength left to tap by the 3rd round.

NomarTyme

He should've been knocked out by that monster blow that sent him literally flying at the start of the fight. Rumble did land multiple big shots and kicks successfully at the start but Cormier has a near indestructible chin that allowed him to weather the punishment he was throwing out and retaliate. Rumble made the mistake of assuming that he could KO Cormier as easily as the other guys he'd blown through and when he saw that DC wasn't going down from his initial big hits he gassed himself by going wild trying to capitalize on that initial momentum thinking DC was more hurt and rocked than he was in reality. He didn't lose because he threw the same kick too many times, he lost by tiring himself out so badly that he only had the strength left to tap by the 3rd round.

I didn't say that he lost because too many kicks but it didn't help because he couldn't handle the ground game. Although results in DC timing his kick and taking him down.

Guru-Guru

Banned
You should honestly be ducking any MMA thread after you said that "Rumble will humble DC with ease" and shit on DC's cardio, even though you somehow were unaware that Rumble blows his load in the first 3 minutes of every fight. Embarrassing, amigo.

Anyhow, excited for Cerrone getting a title shot, but I don't think he will do any better against RDA the second time around.

Lazyslob

Banned
I was a bit surprised his energy was zapped so quickly. Sure he has had issues with it in the past, but he did go the distance with Phil Davis without too much trouble.

naw i wasnt. dc is a good wrestler and that shit drains you quick. phil davis wasnt able to take rumble down so its not like he grind him out or anything

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
To me Rumbles biggest mistake was rushing. He hit Cormier with some massive stuff but then he went silly stupid and threw a bunch of nothing that did nothing but tire himself out which actually is the complete opposite of how he has recently been fighting. Picking and choosing good hits.

Adrenaline got to him.
This

MjFrancis

Anyhow, excited for Cerrone getting a title shot, but I don't think he will do any better against RDA the second time around.
I have no doubt that Cerrone will do better
but I don't know if that includes taking the strap from Rafael dos Anjos

Both fighters have improved since they last fought in 2013. Cerrone is 8-0 but has seldom been in trouble since, while dos Anjos is 4-1 against a more impressive lot. I would be a lot more comfortable predicting a Cerrone victory if he had just beaten Nurmagomedov.

op_ivy

2015 rda is a beast. not sure how long he'll hold the strap but i'm pretty confident it wont be cerrone to take it from him (and i love me some dohnald cerr-on-eee)

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Rumble got the heart of a mouse. Dude gave up in the first round. Say what you will about DC the dude took a hit and didn't wilt. Rumble meanwhile got taken down got hit with 3 elbows and wanted to get out of there asap.

iddqd

When Cowboy loses, he loses sad.
His performance against Diaz is still the best example for that.

He is awesome but not one of those fighters that can switch tactics on the fly or suddenly bring something new to the table.

I can imagine a dos Anjos stoppage in later rounds.

Khabib will then take over and be the GSP of 155

You should honestly be ducking any MMA thread after you said that "Rumble will humble DC with ease" and shit on DC's cardio, even though you somehow were unaware that Rumble blows his load in the first 3 minutes of every fight. Embarrassing, amigo.

Sorry I didn't want a boring wrestlehumper over someone actually entertaining like Rumble while Jones is out amigo. People who actually like and enjoy DC's style of fighting should be honestly ducking MMA as a hobby. Not like it matters, I like Jones better than anyone in the division and he'll bring Cormier to tears again as long as he doesn't spend the next few years in prison or prolonged court battles.

dream

Did you see, Heel, that Geo 3 is coming to iOS? Aren't you excited? Another leaderboard for you to dominate me on, you goddamn kideo addict man baby.

MjFrancis

Nothing else on Fight Night 67 really grabs my attention, but Condit v. Alves should be a good scrap. Condit has been out a while, it's pretty unfortunate given his talent on offer for the division.

MjFrancis

187 was by far the best card UFC has put on in awhile. It was the caliber they used to have before the global expansion / Fox deal. So happy Wildman won but disappointed Rumble choked. Now we're stuck with a boring wrestlefucker until Jones comes back.

Also, I would absolutely love it if Bader talked his way into a title shot with DC and then somehow managed to beat him. It'd be the funniest thing to ever happen in the history of UFC.

I called this during nerd chat. Bader about to get lucky as fuck.
I am not sure what people hate about Ryan Bader, but I would find it entertaining if he stumbled into the LHW Championship belt. I wouldn't bet on him defending it, and it sure as shit wouldn't have happened when Jon Jones held the belt, but it would equally entertaining to watch some MMA-heads explode if that happened.

I am not sure what people hate about Ryan Bader, but I would find it entertaining if he stumbled into the LHW Championship belt. I wouldn't bet on him defending it, and it sure as shit wouldn't have happened when Jon Jones held the belt, but it would equally entertaining to watch some MMA-heads explode if that happened.
I don't hate Bader at all and I'd sincerely root for him if he fought Cormier. I just was saying itd be amusing because he's been nothing more than a gatekeeper and the idea that he'd be champion in 2015 is wild. It's something nobody could've even considered two months ago.

op_ivy

ignoring the potential fireworks in condit/alves, oliveira, jimmo, parke, and rony generally put on a good show. pretty good fight night card IMO.

iddqd

Weidman was on the MMA hour talking why he looked "tense" during the walk out.

He apparently had to take a huge dump and was super concerned that he would shit all over the octagon.

He then admits that he has some bowel troubles, looking at how his first date went and that he also once shat during sparring.

Truly the champion we all deserve

Top Bottom