• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

dream

And I mean, come on. You just watched three hours of human cockfighting, including a fight where Cutie Monster was pummeled into tears. You forfeit your right to be offended by anything after that.

alienxx45

Two big upsets back to back on title fights. go figure. someones probably made a lot of money...

Edit: god damn if Cerrone derails the Khabib now. LOL

charsace

Dos Anjos looks the same as he always does. He ain't pissing hot.

He has worked everyone except Khabib in the last few years.

RDA has looked real different physically since the Khabib fight. Much bigger now and has some signs of juicing. Him jumping up on the cage celebrating reminded me of Pride Wand.

RDA has looked real different physically since the Khabib fight. Much bigger now and has some signs of juicing. Him jumping up on the cage celebrating reminded me of Pride Wand.
I was thinking the same thing.

However, he isn't on Wand's roid level. Wand's body had the consistency of a 90% erect penis:
UkKovkG.gif

The press conference should be something

Joe Ferraro ‏@ShowdownJoe 21m21 minutes ago

Now we wait for the drug tests to come back; oh wait, Texas Commission. Never mind.

*facepalm*

MjFrancis

Cejudo winning was no surprise. Kind of embarrassed that I even bothered mentioning that he'd win.

Reem played the safe Greg Jackson fight. Got the safe Greg Jackson victory. Roy Nelson may have clipped him good in that last round but he was too beat up to sensibly capitalize on it. Also, Roy Nelson called it a few days ago. I should have listened to him.

Hendricks gave Brown credit for not getting KO'd and he deserved every bit of that credit. Dude put up a hell of a fight for a guy getting his ass kicked for three rounds straight.

Joanna Jędrzejczyk beating Esparza was one of the most lopsided victories in a championship fight ever. I thought it was a good stoppage. Some of the replays showed Esparza wincing before she got hit. No instinct to block. No budo.

Dos Anjos beating Pettis was almost as lopsided as Joanna's victory. Pettis didn't even look championship caliber. He was just fighting to not lose for five rounds. All hail the new Brazilian champ.

scabro

Really? I thought the opposite. I can't remember another card where the 4 main fights were all one sided as fuck.

we all need a good squash night once in a while. how pissed is dana though.

although this was ok at best. JJ crumbling cookie monster was the best part.

i welcome our new favela overlord

pixelation

Ughh... i really dislike wrestlers, go for the takedown and lay on top of the opponent for 3 1/2 minutes... but Dos Anjos is gonna piss hot so...

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
So RDA will need work done on his knee. Great. We traded one banged up 155er for another.

If he pisses hot then you may as well make Khabib/Cerrone an interim/actual title matchup.

Guru-Guru

Banned
So RDA will need work done on his knee. Great. We traded one banged up 155er for another.

If he pisses hot then you may as well make Khabib/Cerrone an interim/actual title matchup.
Once Khabib destroys Cerrone in May, he will have Ramadan from June to near the end of July. Then he would need likely a 3-4 month camp to rebound from starving himself. Hopefully because it is a partial tear Dos Anjos won't have a 1 year layoff. It would be nice to see Khabib (assuming he beats Cerrone) vs Dos Anjos in December. Who knows though...

I mean all signs point to Khabib destroying every mother f'er at 155.

The dude should probably clean up that division for the next few years

Pettis not being that great was never that big of a surprise. You take the fight to him and work him early takes away his explosiveness. Melendez almost had it figured but executed poorly. Dos Anjos planned it out perfectly.

Chesskid1

Banned
man pettis so overrated. no idea why dana keeps pimping him as p4p. why was he even on the wheaties box? at least renan's record and dominance in fights when they started pimping him as a p4p was way better.

decent card overall.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I mean all signs point to Khabib destroying every mother f'er at 155.

I see Cerrone using his length advantage and shutting Nurmagomedov down. That and Khabib has got some ring rust built up. But I may be wrong. Either way it'll be fight of the night.

And Jose Aldo will probably be stepping up to 155 once he hammers McGregor. If he does, he'll be the LW champion for a long time.

Pettis not being that great was never that big of a surprise. You take the fight to him and work him early takes away his explosiveness. Melendez almost had it figured but executed poorly. Dos Anjos planned it out perfectly.

Yup. Gil had the plan made. Pettis relies on his opponent being slower paced and methodical. That way he can turn his style on and chop them down. If someone pressures him and doesn't give him the time or space to carry out his gameplan then he looks lost.

And Pettis has been living off that Showtime Kick highlight for over four years now. Dana needs to let it go.

man pettis so overrated. no idea why dana keeps pimping him as p4p. why was he even on the wheaties box? at least renan's record and dominance in fights when they started pimping him as a p4p was way better.

decent card overall.

Pettis is a handsome, marketable young dude with a great highlight reel and the talent to hang at the high level of the sport. Why wouldn't you try to make him into a star?

Top Bottom