• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

TheNatural

My Member!
In other news, I was going through some old baseball cards and thinking of buying some UFC cards online. Nothing expensive, but there's a pretty cool set some guy is selling for $15 shipped on eBay.

I'm surprised the odds are even at -110 for the Barnett-Cormier fight. I was expecting Barnett to be a bigger favorite, is there something I don't know about Cormier (besides not knowing much about Cormier). Is it really that even of a match?

I'm surprised the odds are even at -110 for the Barnett-Cormier fight. I was expecting Barnett to be a bigger favorite, is there something I don't know about Cormier (besides not knowing much about Cormier). Is it really that even of a match?

The only thing you need to know about him is that Barnett will make him tap in this fight.

dream

Apparently, all the fighters on the UFC heavyweight card picked Cormier but fighters are notorious for being stupid people.

xKDLE.jpg

Zeliard

lol, even Strikeforce's web page is bush league. Those links at the top look like something from someone's first HTML effort.

tass0

Banned

Cormier went an easy 8-0 as a prospect, then he dominated and knocked out the guy that recently trashed Fedor.

For this fight, stylistically, the favourite is Cormier. Barnett's main game is his submissions and wrestling, and unfortuantely for him, Cormier is an Olympic wrestler.

It also doesn't help Barnett that Cormier has iron fists.

Cormier by KO.

zsswimmer

I feel like if Inocente didn't try to roll that modified guillotine to the mount he would've submitted or choked out Zwicker. All he did was just lose position.

charsace

Thompson is showing people how overrated Melendez is. Melendez would have problems in the UFC.

I think Barnett will win by sub.

tass0

Banned
Gilbert Melendez hype train derailed.

Honestly, Round 3 could be a toss up.

Rd 1, 2 = Melendez

Rd 4, 5 = Thomson

I see a split decision.

I told you guys that Melendez wasn't taking him seriously, and look what happens.

I started out the fight thinking Bendo would murder this guy. As the fight went on, I came to the conclusion that Jim Miller would work this dude. Anything done outside the Ultimate doesn't really matter.

charsace

Gilbert Melendez hype train derailed.

Honestly, Round 3 could be a toss up.

Rd 1, 2 = Melendez

Rd 4, 5 = Thomson

I see a split decision.

I told you guys that Melendez wasn't taking him seriously, and look what happens.
That isn't it. Thompson is solid everywhere and Gilbert has problems with that. He would get beat down in the UFC.

tass0

Banned
I started out the fight thinking Bendo would murder this guy. As the fight went on, I came to the conclusion that Jim Miller would work this dude. Anything done outside the Ultimate doesn't really matter.

They said the same thing about WEC guys, then look what happened.

Pretty sure people said Brock Lesnar would merk Overeem when he was still at SF, too.

Thomson just has Gil's number tbh, Thomson is pretty good.

dream

Hopefully, Josh won the real war -- a ticket to the Ultimate -- while Gilbert is forced to continue languishing in Strikefarce.

Top Bottom