• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

TheNatural

My Member!
So now the internet is about to convince themselves that Brock is an elite fighter.

"I think he can beat JDS/Cain/Overeem on a good day!!!"

Since when do you have to be elite to headline? See: late stage Liddell, Wandy, Tito, Franklin, Hughes, Baby J, etc.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Since when do you have to be elite to headline? See: late stage Liddell, Wandy, Tito, Franklin, Hughes, Baby J, etc.
Who said anything about that? I'm only commenting on the excuse making Brock fans in the 146 thread.

But who wants to watch Rich Franklin and Matt Hughes fight in 2012?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm down for Rich Franklin.

iD5tyY7RsvHdf.gif

So now the internet is about to convince themselves that Brock is an elite fighter.

"I think he can beat JDS/Cain/Overeem on a good day!!!"

If you go back and watch the Cain fight, Lesnar really didn't do that badly, he bull rushed him, got some knees in, took some shots, then took him down twice but couldn't keep him down.

He got caught by a great uppercut as he went in for another takedown and started the break dancing routine ;).

It also really annoyed me that the final punch that sent Lesnar down for the second time was an over hand right, straight to the back of his skull...

I think an 100% fit and focused Lesnar could beat any UFC HW except JDS, he would be killed and killed fast by that kind of quick, accurate striking.

Im not even going to mention the Overeem fight as the guy was juiced to the gills, seen the latest pics of him ?, he looks like he lost 25lbs of muscle already, going to be pretty funny when he comes back in mid 2013, 40 lbs lighter and much less defined altho he is a quality fighter of that there is no doubt.

Overall i would like to see Brick back in the UFC but only if it's for the long haul and he gets out of his WWE contract and he actually earns a shot at the higher level guys by beating three or four of the other HW's.

Thinking of him fighting Struve, Mir, Big Country, Carwin, Big Nog, Silva and Cormier (White wants him to fight at 205 if he signs tho, so he has someone to challenge Jones...) and having another shot at Cain is really exciting imo.

JDS, not so much lol...

Unless of course he works with an elite striker for the next year to prepare him incase he can't get the takedown, hmm i wonder who needs a job for the next year ? ;).

Lesnar vs Mir III would also be unreal for UFC on Fox 5 if they wanted to attract massive casual ratings.

In mid 2013? Reem is coming back in December. Also, don't act like Brock doesn't cycle.

Go and look at some of Brock high school pics, he had a huge frame even at age 16, he was massive in college aswel. He is a legit 300lb man who has to cut weight to even make it to 265 and fights at much closer to 280.

Overeem was a LHW (legit 205lb frame), who gained 60lbs of muscle in less than two years, wasn't really a suprise when he pissed hot to anyone other than Overeem fans.

Im sure Lesnar was on roids at some point (it's really hard to get to 330 - 350lbs of muscle naturally), esp early in his WWE career, the difference in his body from early WWE to UFC is quite apparent, he is much leaner but that is also because of the conditioning needed for MMA.

The difference between Reem and Lesnar is that Lesnar he has never failed a drugs test and he has been tested vigorously all his career from College to WWE to UFC.

I like Ubereem as a fighter and was really annoyed he was out of last nights card, im looking forward to seeing him return in December (your right i thought it was a one year ban, getting mixed up with Diaz).

JDS vs Reem will be Epic whenever it happens !, just don't expect Reem to look anything like the monster superhero he did against Lesnar tho.

Edit:

He looks at least 20lbs lighter in the pic you posted imo, mostly muscle mass around his traps, shoulders, arms when you compare that pic to his weigh in pics against Brock.

Reem was cutting from 225 to make 205. He didn't gain 60 pounds in two years. Do you people know anything about weight cutting or do you think these dudes walk around at the weight they weigh-in at?

Reem was cutting from 225 to make 205. He didn't gain 60 pounds in two years. Do you people know anything about weight cutting or do you think these dudes walk around at the weight they weigh-in at?

That still means he gained over 40 lbs of muscle in a relatively short space of time and he failed a drug test, get over it.

Heel

Overeem can apply for a license in late December. That doesn't mean he's going to be on a New Years card. UFC isn't about to put together and promote a main event without knowing he's cleared to fight. Expect a 2013 return.

Also, are we talking about the same Brock that was arrested for steroid possession? Let's not kid ourselves.

It's best to assume they're all using and not give a shit. I don't feel like getting back into the steroids debate as we've gone over it plenty of times. I'm here to watch a bloodsport yo.

Why you hating on my future wife dude? We're going to meet at Tokyo Tower next year and spend our lives together.

Edit: Also, when I am so going to pick a Avatar for myself that you're going to hate after Anderson knocks out Chael.

Overeem can apply for a license in late December. That doesn't mean he's going to be on a New Years card. UFC isn't about to put together and promote a main event without knowing he's cleared to fight. Expect a 2013 return.

Also, are we talking about the same Brock that was arrested for steroid possession? Let's not kid ourselves.

It's best to assume they're all using and not give a shit. I don't feel like getting back into the steroids debate as we've gone over it plenty of times. I'm here to watch a bloodsport yo.

I agree completely, for me i don't have one favourite fighter, i love almost every one of them for showing the balls to even step into the cage.

I can't wait to see Ubereem back in 2013, i just don't think he will look like the unreal physical specimen that he was for his Lesnar fight but of course i could be wrong.

I want Lesnar back in UFC for one reason, love him or hate him his fights are entertaining as hell imo.

So who do you guys think is going to replace Belfort ?.

Why you hating on my future wife dude? We're going to meet at Tokyo Tower next year and spend our lives together.

Edit: Also, when I am so going to pick a Avatar for myself that you're going to hate after Anderson knocks out Chael.

I actually really like watching Sonnen fight but did anyone else cringe last night while he was shouting at the camera doing his little pro wrestling pro mo's ?, he even looked up at the screen at one point to make sure he was on, when he got zero reaction lol.

I actually really like watching Sonnen fight but did anyone else cringe last night while he was shouting at the camera doing his little pro wrestling pro mo's ?, he even looked up at the screen at one point to make sure he was on, when he got zero reaction lol.

You're asking the wrong crowd.

dream

I agree, Shaq is hilarious when he's being completely shameless and just acting completely retarded to entertain us.

I just got this on Facebook. wtf.
facebookrec.png

DKehoe

The Silva/Sonnen countdown is going to be on Fox. Also, Anderson didn't want to do the countdown at all because he felt he has done the UFC enough favours by agreeing to the fight being in the US. Anderson really doesn't get it.

DKehoe

Anderson is participating in a countdown, he just doesn't know it yet.

He will but him not wanting to do it is incredible. The guy gets paid a percentage of the PPV buys, he isn't doing UFC a favour by doing it, he is doing himself one. Also that kind of exposure will make him a much bigger star.

THE STREAMS MIGHT BE CROSSING

Brock Lesnar turned heads in the arena by showing up in the front row and chatting up both Zuffa president Dana White and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta. Dana White told reporters at the post-fight press conference he would be meeting with Lesnar face-to-face later that night and that “anything (was) possible.” The Wrestling Observer‘s Dave Meltzer reported

Brock Lesnar and Dana White met last night. We don’t have any details other than the meeting did not go well. If Lesnar being at UFC is mentioned on Raw, then I’d guess it’s WWE angle. If it’s not, then it’s anyone’s guess what the game being played is, other than there is a game being played.

Cageside Seats‘ Sergio Hernandez makes an interesting observation

It’s unclear what (Meltzer) means by that. Perhaps the aforementioned theory is true and Lesnar plus Vince McMahon is simply using the UFC.

Or maybe Dana White — who has had meetings with McMahon in the past — is helping an old friend with his new gig?

In a conversation on Twitter, my Cageside colleague Geno Mrosko said if anything which occurred last night in Las Vegas is mentioned tomorrow night on Raw, it will confirm everyone is playing their part in a well-orchestrated ruse.

If this happens somehow I will blame Yacobod.

Also, didn't Dana say something about people should see the walkouts during the Fox shows? He should just endorse the entertainment part of it. Pride walkouts are remembered for a reason.

Heel

It's kind of sad that NickTheFace puts together better promos than the UFC using cobbled together footage. Imagine what he could do if he had access to their video archive. Just hire the guy already.

Top Bottom