• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moé/Lolicon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
selig said:
so, uh,...who did Asuka love...except for dead mommy?
the guy who masturbated over her unconscious body.

yea, they had some issues.
but i hear therapy can be good for ironing that stuff out.

*googles KNJ*

oh wow, so its basically oku-sama wa joshi kosei in kindergarden?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
lunarworks said:
Kimagure Orange Road played the tsundere factor a couple of years ahead of Ranma.

Wasn't very popular though. (Yes, I know KOR is an excellent show)

IF you go back to KOR, why not go back to UY? I'm sure 70s anime had tsunderes as well.

Another complaint of mine from this thread- that eyepatch shit is damn stupid. Only works for Emeraldas.

Pandaman said:
the guy who masturbated over her unconscious body.

yea, they had some issues.
but i hear therapy can be good for ironing that stuff out.

*googles KNJ*

oh wow, so its basically oku-sama wa joshi kosei in kindergarden?

I watch a lot of anime. Have a huge myanimelist at myanimelist.net and have no idea what all that means. So I will just agree with you. If you plan to watch KnJ...get ready for lots of lol's and awkard loli moments. Espically the latest ova...might scar you for life! :lol

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Hitokage said:
Outwardly caustic, inwardly vulnerable. ie. The girl yelling at you all the time really loves you.

In the case of my wife she's just kinda hard when other people are around, but really sweet when we're alone. It's a face thing.

She's the tsukomi and I'm the boke.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Annihilator said:
I watch a lot of anime. Have a huge myanimelist at myanimelist.com and have no idea what all that means. So I will just agree with you. If you plan to watch KnJ...get ready for lots of lol's and awkard loli moments. Espically the latest ova...might scar you for life! :lol
I got through sky girls and strike witches, my pedocred is established so i think i'll avoid it. :lol

oku sama's english name is 'my wife is a highschool girl' though, so that might give you a clue.

hteng

Banned
i dont think asuka ever loved Shinji, she had a crush on kanji and was just having shinji as the rebound guy.. kinda.. so i dont think she fits the tsundere type

Wow, the anime nerd language gets more and more complicated each time I check. I don'T understand anything. :lol May just be the first step towards independence!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
DieNgamers said:
Wow, the anime nerd language gets more and more complicated each time I check. I don'T understand anything. :lol May just be the first step towards independence!
run while you can, i tried to escape but i was pulled back a few months ago.

Pandaman said:
I got through sky girls and strike witches, my pedocred is established so i think i'll avoid it. :lol

oku sama's english name is 'my wife is a highschool girl' though, so that might give you a clue.

It's a funny show though. Just the last ova had a scene that was a little too much, I haven't seen the shows you mentioned though not sure how they compare.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Annihilator said:
I watch a lot of anime. Have a huge myanimelist at myanimelist.com and have no idea what all that means. So I will just agree with you. If you plan to watch KnJ...get ready for lots of lol's and awkard loli moments. Espically the latest ova...might scar you for life! :lol

Nothing scary about Kodomo No Jikan. I thought it was pretty funny honestly.

Rlan

Ghost_in_the_Shell_Stand_Alone_Complex_Batou.png

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I propose a new thread be made about taking the Kodomo no Jikan Challenge. The challenge is to watch all of Kodomo no Jikan, including the OVA. :lol

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
GaimeGuy said:
I propose a new thread be made about taking the Kodomo no Jikan Challenge. The challenge is to watch all of Kodomo no Jikan, including the OVA. :lol
preliminary rounds is to go over to sankaku complex and look through their image archive labeled "raep".

GaimeGuy said:

Winar!! :lol

Now convince the rest of gaf and we have struck gold.

selig

Banned
GaimeGuy said:

make it happen!
It should be like the LOST-rewatch, each episode has a given date where we watch it all parallel. :lol

DrForester said:
Some younger characters we're in it, but at least Love Hina's two main characters were normal looking college kids.

Yeah, Shinobu. Generic typical Moe character. Thankfully she was the only one.. well Koalla Su was too, but she was just annoying and unnecessary. The two best females were Motoko and Naru. Thankfully the manga concentrated more on Naru and Keitaro, unlike the anime -_-..

Rlan

Outside of Ghost In The Shell: SAC, I too lost interest in Anime. I think my breaking point was going to an Anime convention and walking into one of the theatres playing anime, and this is what they were showing:

Hibiki Amawa is an enthusiastic young man whose dream career is to be a professional teacher, having graduated from college with a certificate in athletics. When he is unable to pay his landlady, Lulu Sanjo, the monthly rent for his apartment, he rushes off to the nearby (fictional) Seito Sannomiya Private School to apply for a position that is open, but is summarily denied employment because of his sex. Offended, and more determined than ever to have his way, Hibiki vows to demonstrate the merits of his educational philosophy to his detractors, and with offered help from Lulu, agrees to disguise himself by cross-dressing as a woman in order to deceive the school's highly misandrist administration. With assistance from some gadgets Lulu engineered for this purpose, he manages to disguise himself very convincingly. Following an initial demonstration of his merits as an educator, he is hired.

Unfortunately for Hibiki, however, life as a gym teacher at this school does not go completely smoothly. With interpersonal conflicts among students causing fights and occasional mild missteps endangering his disguise, Hibiki must not only mediate his class, but also keep up appearances and come to terms with what his disguise might imply about his sexuality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_My_Me!_Strawberry_Eggs

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
selig said:
make it happen!
It should be like the LOST-rewatch, each episode has a given date where we watch it all parallel. :lol
i'd probably just marathon the series, but i'd take part.

hteng

Banned
Rlan said:
Outside of Ghost In The Shell: SAC, I too lost interest in Anime. I think my breaking point was going to an Anime convention and walking into one of the theatres playing anime, and this is what they were showing:

facepalm.gif

Novid

Banned
Rlan said:

Yipes. And the first sentence looked like the movie was going somewhere.

wRATH2x

Banned
I grew up watching anime in arabic, its the cartoons we got in Saudi Arabia. I love me some Captain Majid(Tsubasa), Dragonball, and all those dark anime from the 80's and 90's.

But I pretty much gave up on it when it became all little girls and pedophilliac. It disgusts me to no end.

I'm sure there are new animes out there that are worth watching, but the loli shit turned me off.

Oh yeah and Bastard!! sounds fucking badass!!! Where can I find english subbed episodes.

Novid

Banned
Not Directly Connected to the Moe-Blob games but I have a question about Crunchyroll - I wonder who gave them the "Seed" money to start up or has any one in CrunchyRoll gone to other entertainment ventures like Hulu and the like?

selig said:
you just proofed what I said. Males in modern manga/anime are always stupid (with exceptions, of course). I´d really love to see modern anime where the lead is a smart guy, and where there´s stupid, weak girls. Feminism has killed most anime (and Moe).

PS: At least, Rin´s brother actually liked the Ridebacks from the beginning.

Pandaman said:
always been a 'kuudere with a slight dandere lean' man myself.

Kotomi from Clannad would probably be my ideal 'waifu' if i ever went full out otaku.

Kandrick said:
Nothing scary about Kodomo No Jikan. I thought it was pretty funny honestly.

This thread delivers.

GaimeGuy said:
I would totally watch it if I knew I'd be able to to come back here where we'd just mock it relentlessly.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DrForester said:
Some younger characters we're in it, but at least Love Hina's two main characters were normal looking college kids.
Love Hina had 2 lolis. :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
alright, so i watched that OVA....

thats it? the bathroom scene? taaaaaame.

you see worse in any show involving magical transformations.

Pandaman said:
alright, so i watched that OVA....

thats it? the bathroom scene? taaaaaame.

you see worse in any show involving magical transformations.

Second season ova's. I guess I should have been specific. I didn't think anyone was really gonna watch the whole first season then the second season ova's and reply back here...
http://myanimelist.net/anime/4195/Kodomo_no_Jikan:_Ni_Gakki

EDIT: To be fair though I did say latest ova which is the 3rd episode of the second season ova episodes.

eggandI

Banned
Novid said:
Thanks Leroy.

This just raises WTF flags for me. How the fuck they get four million bucks with out a coherant business plan?

Edit: Oh wait... Rockafeller... :lol :lol :lol I should have KNOWN.

Seriously. It seems like people just want to throw money into anything trendy and internety these days..

... I should start an anime website.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Angry Grimace said:
Love Hina had 2 lolis. :lol

It was pretty tame compared to what's out there now. But let's not forget that the follow-up to Love Hina was NEGIMA, where 98% of the cast were like 14 year olds.

Novid

Banned
eggandI said:
Seriously. It seems like people just want to throw money into anything trendy and internety these days..

... I should start an anime website.

You know the Ironic thing? That Particular Venture Company's stuwards - one of the Family members (John Jay) has been apart of the Destruction of the Animation industry in the states (the CTA and E/I rules that sent most of the good animation to cable) and lets not forget David's "silly" comments. Their Money GOES into Crunchy GETTING the moeblob series.

Boys, we are in BIGGER trouble than we realize. :lol

After half a day of researching, looking up figures and trying to find a tie-in with religion, age of consent, attraction to younger kids, and culture in comparing Japan and the US I have come to a conclusion:

I QUIT

Lyte Edge said:
It was pretty tame compared to what's out there now. But let's not forget that the follow-up to Love Hina was NEGIMA, where 98% of the cast were like 14 year olds.

The redeeming grace with Negima was that at least it didn't really have adult/child relationships, just child/child relationships. Sure, it had a shitton of fanservice, but it wasn't perverse necessarily.

Novid

Banned
The Frankman said:
After half a day of researching, looking up figures and trying to find a tie-in with religion, age of consent, attraction to younger kids, and culture in comparing Japan and the US I have come to a conclusion:

I QUIT

Its turning into Metal Gear Solid on its Consperitorial level man...

Novid said:
Its turning into Metal Gear Solid on its Consperitorial level man...
Jesus Christ it's like the frickin' Da Vinci Code, facts and non-facts and stuff tying and weaving around. At the end of the road is a 10-year old girl who acts 18 and is in love with you, geez. That project is wayyyyy to big for me.

Neo C.

GaimeGuy said:
Add Dance in the Vampire Bund to it, and we have a real challenge.

Neo C. said:
Add Dance in the Vampire Bund to it, and we have a real challenge.
Only if it could be done via a meetup of GAF members. I would be down for that, I remember back in the day friends used to throw anime parties to introduce gently people to anime.

selig

Banned
its not like Chobits was embarrassing only because of loli-Chi... :/ But yeah, putting the on/off-switch THERE was just...ugh.

Of course im not watching stuff like that, but I wonder just how loli the creepiest h-anime goes...

The Frankman said:
I remember back in the day friends used to throw anime parties to introduce gently people to anime.

Yeah, Kodomo no Jikan would work great for such a party :lol

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The Frankman said:
Only if it could be done via a meetup of GAF members. I would be down for that, I remember back in the day friends used to throw anime parties to introduce gently people to anime.
Another brilliant idea!

Rlan said:

That show's actually not quite as bad as it sounds. I mean, it sounds pretty awful but it's actually reasonably watchable. The main thing that dragged it down was that one of the running gags on the show was that there were these two perverted guys that were always trying to...well...do the things that perverted guys do and it just got annoyingly stupid after, like, the first time they showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom