• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

Falk

that puzzling face
I think there needs to be a more measurable value for difficulty that's more informative than a bunch of colored bombs.

Dungeon levels for example.

edit: My latest quandary: Need Dark skillseeds. Only crap cards have them for my current setup.

I guess I'm going to swap to Ranger and level that now since green ranger AOE and blue ranger cone both provide Dark skillseeds.

WarAdept

The Quickstart option is great for auto battling for Adamantoise Shells. Shame the AI can't deal with Hard Mode Killer Mantis battles. I need more augmentation mats.

There's no benefit to saving the distiller claim until it's full is there?

Razmos

Upgraded my Knights weapon and finished the second skill board. Looks like the Knights gatcha upgrade is the Royal Guard.

The Defender II weapon is great, way stronger than the Brotherhood and matches the outfit. Gives a moderate increase in the rate of Earth Orbs appearing too

Falk

that puzzling face
Gacha white mage weapon increases chances of Earth Orbs appearing too!

(There are no Earth magic abilities right now)

(...)

StarVigil

Gotta say, so far this game has been pretty fun. Love how sarcastic the main character is and the whole deal with the blanks. Garland casually being your buddy is also kinda hilarious.
Slowly getting used to all the systems, actually got lucky and got the gacha Knight and finished the second chapter. Don't know how you guys are playing on hard tho. I tried it once, but it's too much dmg vs how unlucky you can get with the healing orbs.
Love the changes they made to the job pulling system and the mobius box. Now I just hope they won't pull a KHUx or FFBE on us after this pretty generous starting phase.

Falk

that puzzling face
Why? Seems like a dead end with only 2* attainable atm.

(I'd have used spare magicite on some molten cores but I used my initial batches chasing jobs so I'm saving 3k now belatedly for Gift Box, heh)

Quonny

Wait, I thought he dropped the 2* fire augment item.

Edit: Yeah, according to guides he drops the 2* fire augment.

Razmos

Did a job pull and got Ranger when I already have hunter, eh.

At least it's out of the job pool now.

I have 3 gatcha jobs, one for Warrior and 2 for Thief. Really need a mage class haha

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, I meant, those 2* cards will be stuck at 2* because the Augment after that requires Molten Cores, which aren't in the game yet. Hence stuck with Lesser ____ that can't be fed to gacha cards.

Did a job pull and got Ranger when I already have hunter, eh.

SURPRISE

(You know, I wouldn't be surprised at this point, small sample size and all, that the more common jobs have an inflated chance)

Quonny

Might as well farm the augment mats now before the skillseed farming place comes out and I need elixirs for that.

Costia

How am i supposed to get cards to 4*?
I finished the 2 chapters and only got one of the 4 star augment cards.
Looks like i need 2 of those to augment 1 card, and the only way i see to get them is from the "real money" currency.

Alec

How am i supposed to get cards to 4*?
I finished the 2 chapters and only got one of the 4 star augment cards.
Looks like i need 2 of those to augment 1 card, and the only way i see to get them is from the "real money" currency.

Falk

that puzzling face
That I can see:

- Direct Magicite purchase
- From the 3000 Magicite Gift Box (which you'd be stupid
like me
not to save up and get because of the value)
- From finishing the Daily Login rewards before it resets

(- whenever Squeenix feels like it, I guess)

(- anecdotally, from events)

creid

How do you get Crystals, outside of login bonus or $$? I need one to open up Mage from the Apprentice Mage board.

Falk

that puzzling face
100% a chapter for a bunch. Also the bosses that drop Augment materials have a small chance to drop them.

Costia

That I can see:

- Direct Magicite purchase
- From the 3000 Magicite Gift Box (which you'd be stupid
like me
not to save up and get because of the value)
- From finishing the Daily Login rewards before it resets

(- whenever Squeenix feels like it, I guess)

(- anecdotally, from events)

How can you get to 3k magicite?
From what I can see I only get ~100 per day, and people here mentioned it expires after 2 weeks.
Are there other sources of magicite?

Selner

Hello!

I started this game this past Thursday, I think that's when it launched?

Still fumbling my way through various parts of it. Story wise I'm right before Drakegrave, which I've heard is a jump in difficulty?

I've unlocked Apprentice White Mage, and I got Warrior from the gacha.

Some things are not making complete sense, like apparently water is weak against fire? That's just odd. I guess I can understand the pairings.

Is there any way to level up a job, other than fighting? Wanted to level up Warrior a little bit, but it's just all grinding I guess.

But sure how to level abilities though. Fusing cards with same ability I'm guessing?

I really don't understand the ranking stuff. Those points are just from a single battle? I rank down every fight. I guess later battles are worth more points?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Is there a list with card drops anywhere?

I'm having trouble finding Blizzara cards, for example.

And is there even a point to having multiple spells of the same element equipped at once?

And is there even a point to having multiple spells of the same element equipped at once?
Maybe you want a lot of skillseed gain for that element and you can have different niches fulfilled as well (like having a single target one and a cone one for example).

Is there any way to level up a job, other than fighting? Wanted to level up Warrior a little bit, but it's just all grinding I guess.

But sure how to level abilities though. Fusing cards with same ability I'm guessing?

I really don't understand the ranking stuff. Those points are just from a single battle? I rank down every fight. I guess later battles are worth more points?
Your character level is the sum off your equipped abilities (card) level. Skillseeds are how you improve the base stats on jobs themselves.

Ability level on the ability card is like you say. Fuse with cards with the same ability (take note lesser aero /=/ aero...hence why there has been discussion on the grind known as obtaining augmenting materials). Now getting the bonus effects to unlock (once the ability level conditions are met) is done by using the card a lot. When it pluses white it is about to unlock.

Ranking; It's your best score of the week. Harder battles go on for longer so you get more chances to score points really. Chapter 1 stuff I'm grinding on auto I'm lucky to get over 100k points while a treasure battle in chapter 2 (one of the optional areas) granded me over 300k points. Weekly ranking hands out prizes. Higher ranks get more ability tickets.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Maybe you want a lot of skillseed gain for that element and you can have different niches fulfilled as well (like having a single target one and a cone one for example).

Oh, the AoE/single-target thing makes a lot of sense. I haven't had to uncheck the Auto button so far yet, so I guess I'm underestimating the battle system, haha.

qcf x2

I kind of like the combat of this game but I don't understand the summon/gacha of it at all. Somebody a few posts up mentioned that they're generous right now but after logging in for a week straight I apparently have enough tickets for a whopping one summon since each takes 6 tickets. I'm pretty sure most of the big gacha games give you at least a half dozen premium rolls to start with. I JUST realized what friend points are used for by accident, since it isn't clearly stated anywhere. The interface is a mess imo.

Uthred

I kind of like the combat of this game but I don't understand the summon/gacha of it at all. Somebody a few posts up mentioned that they're generous right now but after logging in for a week straight I apparently have enough tickets for a whopping one summon since each takes 6 tickets. I'm pretty sure most of the big gacha games give you at least a half dozen premium rolls to start with. I JUST realized what friend points are used for by accident, since it isn't clearly stated anywhere. The interface is a mess imo.

There are six(?) jobs in the job gacha and you cant get dupes, I cant think of a single other gacha game that has odds that good.

Mesharey

I like the game and it's good, looks great as well.

There's just 1 thing, the auto battle is too good and kinda takes some enjoyment from the game, I like the auto battle in FFBE, auto attacks and you do other stuff.

Finished chapter 1 two days ago but didn't start chapter 2, trying to finish the 3 temples or whatever they are.

Dreavus

Summon tickets are rather rare, but you cannot get dupes when pulling a new job card, which is what people are talking about when saying it's generous.

They have been giving out quite a bit of the other currency ability tickets during launch, and you can use those to pick up non-maxed versions of any ability you want, no random rolling required (or spend a lot of them for an auto-maxed version). That's another aspect you don't see as often; getting to straight up pick what you want.

The UI and explanation of the systems in the game is very bad, yeah.

Falk

that puzzling face
Or you could be me and figure that summon tickets are more finite than Magicite and decide to pull jobs with as few summon tickets as possible, making up the difference in Magicite.

(Don't do this, get the gift box hahahah)

The UI and explanation of the systems in the game is very bad, yeah.

I think the redeeming factor regarding what a confusing mess the systems are coming in completely blind is how generally easy the first stretch of the game is, so you learn by doing. Sorta like 'yeah sure it's a molten pool of lava but at least it's got a kiddy shallow end!'.

That being said it's still completely possible to paint yourself into a corner by being bad with ability tickets/summon tickets.

Selner

Your character level is the sum off your equipped abilities (card) level. Skillseeds are how you improve the base stats on jobs themselves.

Doh! That was not obvious, but I guess it makes sense. The deck level up screen after combat giving me the impression I was leveling the job.

I also just discovered that the bronze openers are a shortcut for panel unlocks. Had no idea what this were for. Should I save those?

Now getting the bonus effects to unlock (once the ability level conditions are met) is done by using the card a lot. When it pluses white it is about to unlock.

I have some of those Extranger cards, the light bulb ones. Those unlock ability skills from what i can tell. You can unlock then manually too? By using them a lot?

Falk

that puzzling face
Doh! That was not obvious, but I guess it makes sense. The deck level up screen after combat giving me the impression I was leveling the job.

I also just discovered that the bronze openers are a shortcut for panel unlocks. Had no idea what this were for. Should I save those?

Absolutely save bronze openers. The cost for those panels go up a few orders of magnitudes. You'll know when you'll get the most bang for the buck when you start seeing silver openers on some panels and bronze on the others.

(I think Bronze can open up to 6k skillseed panels, but that may be off by a few k)

WarAdept

Building up a Blizzaja or Aeroja and unleashing on a 5 pack is the most satisfying thing ingame right now.

I love my Mage.

Dreavus

Or you could be me and figure that summon tickets are more finite than Magicite and decide to pull jobs with as few summon tickets as possible, making up the difference in Magicite.

(Don't do this, get the gift box hahahah)

I think the redeeming factor regarding what a confusing mess the systems are coming in completely blind is how generally easy the first stretch of the game is, so you learn by doing. Sorta like 'yeah sure it's a molten pool of lava but at least it's got a kiddy shallow end!'.

That being said it's still completely possible to paint yourself into a corner by being bad with ability tickets/summon tickets.

I sometimes see guys on the leader boards with multiple 4 star abilities and just think "those could have been jobs, you fools! JOBS!"

SoulUnison

Banned
Seriously, how do I turn "off" the "Auto-Sell Filter?"

The explanation and presentation of this mechanic is flat-out *horrible.*

I'm not asking where to find a card to disable Auto-Sell for it, I'm asking how to disable the "Auto-Sell Filter" that, itself, temporarily disables Auto-Sell.

Celegus

Sorry if this has been asked already but I don't see it anywhere... is there any point to hanging onto all these tickets and whatnot they've given out for free? I only started a couple days ago, not sure if I should just use them right away or if it's like FFBE where there's certain events and better times to use them.

Razmos

Sorry if this has been asked already but I don't see it anywhere... is there any point to hanging onto all these tickets and whatnot they've given out for free? I only started a couple days ago, not sure if I should just use them right away or if it's like FFBE where there's certain events and better times to use them.
There will be premium jobs available down the line like the ones based on other FF games (like Cloud/Squall jobs). But I would do some job pulls next week or so maybe when Black Mage, Thief and Dark Knight are added. Purely to help you through content and events

Quonny

Seriously, how do I turn "off" the "Auto-Sell Filter?"

The explanation and presentation of this mechanic is flat-out *horrible.*

I'm not asking where to find a card to disable Auto-Sell for it, I'm asking how to disable the "Auto-Sell Filter" that, itself, temporarily disables Auto-Sell.
Card catalog. Click auto-sell filters, uncheck the elements you don't want to sell.

Kouriozan

Managed to do some stages of Chaos Vortex with my mage, it sure wasn't easy but the first summon tickets.
So I have 12 tickets, I'll do 2 job pulls tomorrow hoping for black mage or dark knight, wish me luck~
I'll probably get Hunter and Ranger :lol

WarAdept

Maxed Blizzaja and 5/6 for Blizzard and Blizzara. Damn Adamantinies aren't dropping their cards though, so Blizzaga is still at Rank 1.

I hope going all in on Mage isn't going to bite me back later.

WarAdept

how do you get stronger in this game? is it just running a stage over and over and level up?

Statistically? Two ways. One is unlocking skills per job in the skills panel using skillseeds. The other (and main way) is increasing the level of your cards and equipping it to your deck. The higher level the cards, the more stats you gain.

Apart from that, it's increasing the level of the actual abilities of your cards.

dennism

Statistically? Two ways. One is unlocking skills per job in the skills panel using skillseeds. The other (and main way) is increasing the level of your cards and equipping it to your deck. The higher level the cards, the more stats you gain.

Apart from that, it's increasing the level of the actual abilities of your cards.

completely forgot about job skills, got much stronger now

So now thst I finished chapter 1, I have a few questions:

— Does playing in hard mode increases rewards and drops?

— How you unlock the extra abilities for the cards skills? I thought you can only get them by leveling the skill, but a couple of cards got then mid battle.

— Pulled a gacha job a got a knight, I guess it sucks? Only 2 skill panels. I guess better focus on mage?

— What should I do now? Kinda lost. Should I farm bosses or just progress in the story.

— I guess the best value is save magicite and buy boxes?

Top Bottom