• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

Falk

that puzzling face
BTW, do you still get the skill pane bonuses when you switch back to a previous job in a line? EG. Benefiting from White mage panes when I move back to Mage for the wind element?

Although I am not 100% sure, I believe that all bonuses on a Job Card are always active regardless of which Job on the card you're using. Reasoning being the Gacha jobs that buck the trend and have only that one job right up to final unlock being a second Job, meaning there's no precedent that ties a job to a specific rank of Job Card unlocks - they just so happen to be the last on each pane.

Where do I use Friend Tickets?

Summon - you can summon 6 cactuar cards for 10, 20, 30, then 50 indefinitely Friend Tickets.

Airan

Are there any tips on how to level up (or skill up...?)? The amount of systems is overwhelming. I'm just feeding the cards I get out of battles to my existing cards.

Every time I fight a boss I have to use a phoenix feather, which probably means I'm underlevelled. Do I grind it out battles for a chance to get good cards or do I have to buy better cards?

Widge

Are there any tips on how to level up (or skill up...?)? The amount of systems is overwhelming. I'm just feeding the cards I get out of battles to my existing cards.

Every time I fight a boss I have to use a phoenix feather, which probably means I'm underlevelled. Do I grind it out battles for a chance to get good cards or do I have to buy better cards?

Best advice is to get into the summon card bonus area. You can quickly level up cards and get useful cards there.

Other than that, set speed to fast, battle to auto and grind some battles. Unlock the skill seeds and levels in cards as you go.

Also, vs bosses, I always make sure I have a pink card with me and choose a character that has the same and opposing element to the boss. Means you can defend and attack better.

When you say existing cards what do you mean? It sounds like you've improved the killseed gain of the cards you use via card fusion (if you have cactuars save those for harder things) so have you been investing the skillseeds you earn.

Are you bringing the Yuna card along to battles? It's a good healing support right now. Are you using element drive for damage mitigation? Did you ever set the battle difficulty to hard? Might be time to tune it down to normal.

Shine of trials might be worth a visit playing at 2x speed. You only have 30 minutes in there and it costs tablets to enter so put some time aside for that one. You should go up by several players levels and also get your cards near or at their max level.

Airan

When you say existing cards what do you mean? It sounds like you've improved the killseed gain of the cards you use via card fusion (if you have cactuars save those for harder things) so have you been investing the skillseeds you earn.

Are you bringing the Yuna card along to battles? It's a good healing support right now. Are you using element drive for damage mitigation? Did you ever set the battle difficulty to hard? Might be time to tune it down to normal.

Shine of trials might be worth a visit playing at 2x speed. You only have 30 minutes in there and it costs tablets to enter so put some time aside for that one. You should go up by several players levels and also get your cards near or at their max level.

If I get duplicates I feed them to the one currently highest level. I'm not sure if feeding them past max does anything, but I am still allowed to do so (I mean, I tried once, didn't seem to do anything, so I stopped). I'm just curious as to where people get other cards (especially when browsing the rental menu).

I have been using skillseeds when I remember to - currently have the Rogue 2nd panel live, working on the Warrior one now (is it better to focus on one job or to level all 3 as I go?)

I'm currently auto-battling on Normal (it makes pretty much the same decisions as I would at this stage of the game). I'm not sure how the element orb system works - how I can I tell before entering a battle zone what elements get dropped? Sometimes I rent a wind skill for example to face an earth mob but no wind orbs drop.

I've been to the Shrine of Trials once, got some cactuar cards (feels kinda a waste to use them on these low level cards though...), didn't realize x2 speed would help double the number of battles in. I'll try that out.

Golnei

I'm not sure how the element orb system works - how I can I tell before entering a battle zone what elements get dropped? Sometimes I rent a wind skill for example to face an earth mob but no wind orbs drop.

Junctioning an element will affect the drop rate of orbs, more dramatically depending on how many of a given element you have. For example, if you use wind-Element Drive when you have five or six wind orbs, along with gaining wind resistance, it'll become much more likely to get orbs of the other two active elements for the next few turns, you can also manipulate it into only dropping orbs of one element by junctioning a sufficient amount of orbs of your two other available elements. There are also cards which convert all active orbs into a single element.

Razmos

Give it to me straight, how bad are the IAP's?
Not too bad. You get a load of stuff from the monthly gift box (which can you can afford for free by logging in every day), you can buy abilities using tickets you get from events or through the main story, and the major thing worth pulling for (Jobs) is a 100% chance of getting one you don't have, so no duplicate pulls.

Airan

Junctioning an element will affect the drop rate of orbs, more dramatically depending on how many of a given element you have. For example, if you use wind-Element Drive when you have five or six wind orbs, along with gaining wind resistance, it'll become much more likely to get orbs of the other two active elements for the next few turns, you can also manipulate it into only dropping orbs of one element by junctioning a sufficient amount of orbs of your two other available elements. There are also cards which convert all active orbs into a single element.

I understand how to manipulate the element ring (didn't know it was called Junctioning though), but that's during the battle. I was talking about before I get into a fight. I get instances where for example I get a fire ice earth and heal warrior deck and there's an earth boss warning, so I try to rent a wind skill. Except no wind orbs drop because the other 3 elements are in play. Does my deck affect the elements to be dropped? The element changing card sounds neat, need to find me some of those.

Widge

I understand how to manipulate the element ring (didn't know it was called Junctioning though), but that's during the battle. I was talking about before I get into a fight. I get instances where for example I get a fire ice earth and heal warrior deck and there's an earth boss warning, so I try to rent a wind skill. Except no wind orbs drop because the other 3 elements are in play. Does my deck affect the elements to be dropped? The element changing card sounds neat, need to find me some of those.

So each person has an orb type that doesn't drop. You can see that by the big yellow exclamation mark on the card when you try to select/rent.

My advice is to pick a role which has the same and opposite type element as the boss you will face.

So fire boss. Pick someone like Warrior, who has fire and water elements, plus earth.

Do your deck with a 3 and 4 slot water attack, get an earth in there, a pink support and rent another of your choice, not water.

When you play, you'll get dealt fire, water, earth and support. You can use the fire to defend with and earth to attack and water to weakness attack.

I'm not actually thinking about anything beyond the setup strategy and letting my Auto handle it all. Currently wading through most fights but finding the top tier and grinding area of Chapter One hard. I've knocked difficulty down to Normal for this.

If I get duplicates I feed them to the one currently highest level. I'm not sure if feeding them past max does anything, but I am still allowed to do so (I mean, I tried once, didn't seem to do anything, so I stopped). I'm just curious as to where people get other cards (especially when browsing the rental menu).
Two ways to get these 3* base cards (which are really all you want to use). You can get random ones using summon tickets (these come maxed but summon tickets can also be used for jobs) or you can choose which one with ability tickets (30 items in the shop so far all cost 3 tickets, they cost a lot more if you want to buy them maxed). The three 3*+ cards are pretty good for beginners (these also come with skill level maxed) but they can't go beyond 3*.

Going through the game and the current starting batch of daily log ins you get quite a few ability tickets. I've not got enough to buy everything but I've certainly got the ones I wanted.

Main purpose of feeding cards is to improve skills (requires same skill; which is where augmenting 1* and 2*s to make 3*s drop comes in as 1* card will have say lesser Aero while the 3* version is Aero) and skillseed drops (just requires same element).

Falk

that puzzling face
eW7CiNcg.jpg

Having 4 3* cards drop

THE FRUITS OF HARD LABOR!

Toth

Ugh my IPad 2.0 is not powerful enough to play the game. Is there any other option I can use to play the app?

Airan

So each person has an orb type that doesn't drop. You can see that by the big yellow exclamation mark on the card when you try to select/rent.

My advice is to pick a role which has the same and opposite type element as the boss you will face.

So fire boss. Pick someone like Warrior, who has fire and water elements, plus earth.

Do your deck with a 3 and 4 slot water attack, get an earth in there, a pink support and rent another of your choice, not water.

When you play, you'll get dealt fire, water, earth and support. You can use the fire to defend with and earth to attack and water to weakness attack.

I'm not actually thinking about anything beyond the setup strategy and letting my Auto handle it all. Currently wading through most fights but finding the top tier and grinding area of Chapter One hard. I've knocked difficulty down to Normal for this.

Alright, thanks, I'll choose my deck more carefully from now on.

Two ways to get these 3* base cards (which are really all you want to use). You can get random ones using summon tickets (these come maxed but summon tickets can also be used for jobs) or you can choose which one with ability tickets (30 items in the shop so far all cost 3 tickets, they cost a lot more if you want to buy them maxed). The three 3*+ cards are pretty good for beginners (these also come with skill level maxed) but they can't go beyond 3*.

Going through the game and the current starting batch of daily log ins you get quite a few ability tickets. I've not got enough to buy everything but I've certainly got the ones I wanted.

Main purpose of feeding cards is to improve skills (requires same skill; which is where augmenting 1* and 2*s to make 3*s drop comes in as 1* card will have say lesser Aero while the 3* version is Aero) and skillseed drops (just requires same element).

Hmm, I guess I'll try some summon/ability tickets I've amassed tonight.

Falk

that puzzling face
This Chapter II?

Would you say it is worth plodding around Chapter I grinding or just getting on with it?

That's Chapter 1.

But no, it's worth going through the main story first (unless you're hitting a progression wall) because the game generally unlocks features and straight out ups card level limits when you finish main story content.

Costia

How many chapters are in the game?

The UI and all the currencies are really confusing.
Is tickets the only way to get new jobs?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
How many chapters are in the game?

The UI and all the currencies are really confusing.
Is tickets the only way to get new jobs?
The game has been out since June 4, 2015 in Japan and they are still not done updating/adding story chapters over there so who knows but for now the game launched in the US with the Prologue,Chapter 1 and Chapter 2.

Falk

that puzzling face
Heh, I've decided that instead of being Rambo and 3*ing all Ice drops, I'm just going to do what I need, and then move on to Wind to start working on a Ranger backup.

Right now already 3*:
Ice Element
Grudge Shaman (ice)
Dust Wizard (ice)
Adamantoise (ice)
Killer Mantis

To do:
Grudge Wizard (ice) gimme dat extra Blizzara
Adamantiny (ice) idk when I'll ever need a Blizzaga but it's good future proofing
That Ranger cone ice card (Grudge Ranger?)

After that I don't ever want to see another Adamantoise or Killer Mantis for a good long while.

Quonny

Adamantoise farming is relaxing.

Shells are starting to roll in and it's easy enough to auto-battle and get 100k+ each fight. Not bad skillseed farming either.

Wortany

I'm having unfair RNG flashbacks from Record Keeper before the kill-app to restart battle trick was found.

3 battles on a row with absolutely no life orbs dropping, causing my character to faint.
This happens In the same kind of difficulty as battles I've won multiple times the past few days.

I just want to farm some Killer Mantis :( and not waste stamina like this...

What's the difference between Job Cards and the actual jobs you unlock in the skill panel? Say I have Mage from the panel, but don't have the card (still apprentice mage). What does the job card give me if I roll it from the summon?

SoulUnison

Banned
I don't understand how "Auto-Sell Filters" works, it's incredibly poorly explained and there's no visual indicator that it's "active."
I turned it on once and now I can't figure out how the hell to turn it "OFF."

My Gold Cactaurs have the "Auto-Sell" icon on them but they go into my inventory and have to be manually sold, anyway.

ReaperXL7

What's the difference between Job Cards and the actual jobs you unlock in the skill panel? Say I have Mage from the panel, but don't have the card (still apprentice mage). What does the job card give me if I roll it from the summon?

The stand alone jobs from the gatcha will get you job specific weapons, it also has different evolutions in comparison to the base jobs you start with.

As an example the Apprentice Mage evolves into Mage, then White Mage followed by Black Mage. The stand alone White Mage card from the Gacha evolves into Combat Surgeon instead of Black Mage.

Dreavus

Heh, I've decided that instead of being Rambo and 3*ing all Ice drops, I'm just going to do what I need, and then move on to Wind to start working on a Ranger backup.

Right now already 3*:
Ice Element
Grudge Shaman (ice)
Dust Wizard (ice)
Adamantoise (ice)
Killer Mantis

To do:
Grudge Wizard (ice) gimme dat extra Blizzara
Adamantiny (ice) idk when I'll ever need a Blizzaga but it's good future proofing
That Ranger cone ice card (Grudge Ranger?)

After that I don't ever want to see another Adamantoise or Killer Mantis for a good long while.

Almost exactly where I'm at, although I started just randomly killing all bosses to upgrade anything I can for sell value. I was disappointed when I found out the chance to upgrade an ability when going lvl 4 - lvl 5 starts getting really low. 10% per 3 star mage on that single target ice attack, bleh. I guess at some point you need to use the moogles or something. I threw in a set of 5 and lost the coin flip. The gil cost gets pretty high too.

Falk

that puzzling face
10% chance means you need 15 of them - each group of 3 being where you feed 2 into the other to bring it to lv2 for 20% chance.

The stand alone jobs from the gatcha will get you job specific weapons, it also has different evolutions in comparison to the base jobs you start with.

As an example the Apprentice Mage evolves into Mage, then White Mage followed by Black Mage. The stand alone White Mage card from the Gacha evolves into Combat Surgeon instead of Black Mage.

They generally also have better stats, albeit it's a case by case. Here's a screenshot from reddit for Dark Knight.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/comments/4ww70j/are_pulled_jobs_actually_better_than_their/

ReaperXL7

Really drives me crazy how limited Mage decks are right now. You can't really work your fire cards, and there are no really solid wind or earth cards. The one base 3* Mage wind card which is Cockatrice who only comes equipped with Aero, and as far as I've found there is zero for earth Mage.

Updates can't come soon enough even if this is good time to build my water cards. Think I might build my onion knight base job as a secondary to my Mage deck.

They generally also have better stats, albeit it's a case by case. Here's a screenshot from reddit for Dark Knight.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/comments/4ww70j/are_pulled_jobs_actually_better_than_their/

Interesting stuff, also according to some discussion in that thread it appears that there is another specialized job at panel 8 for the gatcha jobs, don't even want to know what the skillseed amounts look like lol.

Dreavus

10% chance means you need 15 of them - each group of 3 being where you feed 2 into the other to bring it to lv2 for 20% chance.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh okay.

First it was "blizzard" vs "lesser blizzard", now it's this. I seriously feel like they don't explain this well enough in the game. Thanks for clearing it up.

Zee-Row

Banned
They let you unlock your class skills from the skills panel.

Go to Decks > Skills tab and you'll have a skill panel per job where you can unlock passives such as increases +X% stat, new weapon upgrades, etc.

Ah ok i have so many that i forgot what the tutorial said.

Toth

Please help! I have an IPad 2 and it says not compatible. Is there anything I can do to place the game maybe on my desktop?

WarAdept

I'm still trying to find a spot to farm bloody Grudge Wizards and Shamans. Blizzard, Blizzaga and Blizzaja are super easy to farm. Blizzara though? Fucking rare Pokemon type shit here.

Falk

that puzzling face
Had semi-good luck with those in the extra Ch1 Temple area you unlock by killing 80 enemies with Mage class. Also helps that the Skillseed multiplier in there seems to be innately higher.

But yes, it's lagging behind and the reason I 3*'d both Grudge Wizard and Shaman, while Dust only has the more common variety 3*'d.

WarAdept

Had semi-good luck with those in the extra Ch1 Temple area you unlock by killing 80 enemies with Mage class. Also helps that the Skillseed multiplier in there seems to be innately higher.

But yes, it's lagging behind and the reason I 3*'d both Grudge Wizard and Shaman, while Dust only has the more common variety 3*'d.

I just did the Tomekeep 2nd floor on hard I had to use 2 Phoenix Downs. Lol this is far beyond my league. Back to farming Adamantoise I go.

Falk

that puzzling face
FWIW I don't even dare to go in there unless one of the 4* Firas on my followed list shows up.

Not enough firepower otherwise.

Falk

that puzzling face
Looking from the starting point we have, there seems to be a very finite cap to the RNG inherent to gacha, in that:

1) Abilities (cards) you can buy wholesale what you want. (There's also the regular gacha-style using a different currency shared with jobs if you're so inclined)

2) You can't pull duplicate jobs. Meaning if you pull a shitty job it's out of the way.

3) Augmenting abilities from 1 to max relies on grinding materials that drop in the game.

Mechanically, the combat works, and has enough different elements that it doesn't become a complete tap tap chore (and when it does there's a pretty competent autobattle)

To be quite honest the story nor setting has quite hooked me, but I'm interested in seeing how far I can go considering there's a much more subdued RNG factor.

udivision

That in of itself sounds like a reason to try it out.
My prob right now is that I'd have to delete TWEWY to get this to fit on my phone, and from what I understand my save for that game would be completely lost if I did that.

But Mobius looks interesting enough...

Top Bottom