• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

Falk

that puzzling face
Mobius and pet octopus
(Today, 10:28 AM)

if there's an ultros card you better have it

maxed

Is it generally better to max a card before you augment it? I maxed the fire one first but not quite the others.

Haven't actually tested it but it's one of those things where there's no downside to doing it, so why not. (in case higher * cards cost more to fuse or w/e)

edit: So, Knight with 3x maxed out 4* PuPus and a Yuna and w/e for friend summon, autobattling no-UFO PuPu stages...

IS A LOT OF SKILLSEEDS

edit2: Nevermind, it appears the scores (and therefore score multiplier) when using only PuPus leaves a bit to be desired - only time it's good is when coincidentally Autobattle nukes them with weakness with the friend card.

Z3M0G

For those of you enjoying this game, what would you say is it's main advantage(s) over any other Gacha game?

That this doesn't feel like a Gacha game at all... if I understand the term.

I'm not doing pulls for anything... except the VERY rare occasion I may have 6 summon tickets collected then I'll go for a Job or a 4* pull. I think I have done that twice so far.

Otherwise I'm collecting card drops OF the mobs I'm killing, fusing duplicates to upgrade a main of each card type (1*'s are food for rest), the combat and game mechanics are fantastic, the graphics are great and there is fully voiced dialogue. The current special event is a lot of fun too, and great to grind to power up. Best thing is that you're not going through a LIST of battle locations... you are EXPLORING MAPS of battle locations with a lot of branching paths.

Falk

that puzzling face
Gacha games are more than just gacha though, the overarching term also imply things like stamina bars, ranking up (which generally refills said bar), constant streams of limited-time events, inventory management, tinkering with builds,

Granted, those last two are genre staples for e.g. RPGs in general too, but they're a large part of monetization in gacha games.

(I don't disagree with your analysis - Global Mobius feels a lot less gacha-RNG dependent than many contemporaries)

JTran2003

I think I get it but correct me if I'm wrong; the skill seeds from cards are the seeds you obtain for upgrading jobs and not seeds for card usage during battle?

I've been having issues running this game in regards to the graphic display.

What's the level of tolerance discussing playing on an android emulator around here?

I've been having issues running this game in regards to the graphic display.

What's the level of tolerance discussing playing on an android emulator around here?
From the TOS:

D. Emulation/Piracy

The topics of emulation and piracy in the context of the technical nature of emulators and ROM images, hardware modification technology, as well as their effect on the industry as a political topic are deemed to be generally acceptable.

Linking to pirate download sites, directions on how to get pirated software to work, reviews or impressions of pirated software, and livestreams of pirated software play are all strictly prohibited.

So emulators are fine to talk about just don't link to any sites that offer roms.

So emulators are fine to talk about just don't link to any sites that offer roms.

Great, thank you. So the game runs fine on the Memu emulator I've been using but the game looks like this:

untitled0balr.png

Anyone familiar with this issue?

Razmos

They really should filter out cards from your friend list that you can't actually use. I seem to get mostly water cards on my list that I can't even use with my Knight.

Anyway, reached level 21 of the event so far, pretty easy for my knight.

Noticed that Auto Battle becomes an idiot if you have 2 Pupu cards in your deck. I have Wind and Earth Pupu's in my Knight deck (Earth is for the 15% Earth Resist) and it keeps using Enstone to overwrite Enaero, only for it to be dispelled on the first attack because it resists it

Caim

After finishing the last floor you get an extra one called Phantasmic Coil which lets you fight two bosses (the ones that drop materials) and then Adamanterrapin.

So people have elixir'd themselves to floor 50 on the event already. What awaits you (details in case people want a surprise)
is a stage that can be run unlimited times and cost 7 stamina; Phantasmic Coil. features two random roaming bosses and the Adamanterrapin. No rentals, no continues, fox only, final destination. If you can handle it sounds like a great place to farm augment materials.

Edit: I'm slow.

Falk

that puzzling face
Drops (outside of PuPu, so maybe exceptions in future) all cap out at 3*.

Fire goes a step further by being currently stuck at 2* (if they weren't already at 3*) unless you buy Molten Cores from the item shop with magicite (don't) since the boss they drop from aren't in the game yet.

Falk

that puzzling face
Last upgrade to gacha card weapons seems lackluster - 60k for some stats, as opposed to e.g. 18k or 12k for comparable amounts of stats.

The only thing the weapon has over that in terms of immediate power gain is the ability to use it with other job cards.

Uthred

I wonder will we have to wait two weeks for the calendar to update, if we're not getting new Jobs in September I might go all in on my White Mage. I hope they add Chapter 3 though, not being able to skill up fire (or any way easily earth) is annoying.

Last upgrade to gacha card weapons seems lackluster - 60k for some stats, as opposed to e.g. 18k or 12k for comparable amounts of stats.

The only thing the weapon has over that in terms of immediate power gain is the ability to use it with other job cards.

I pulled Ranger as my second gacha job, so I thought I'd first get the final weapon for the Hunter before I'd start working on that. Little did I know ; ;

Falk

that puzzling face
I feel like I should be holding enough to eventually get a gacha card to lv8, which is

1x Lv6 Card, 4x Lv1 Card (25)

x2

or 29 additional terrapins after you max the first one. I'm not sure if you can even get that many, lol

Uthred

tl;dr thread

Are there any FAQs or wikis yet? Would like some info on Augment mats and shared skills.

There's various guides scattered across the sub-reddit, but no giant "Tome of Stuff", this is the best resource I've found for shared skills for the global version https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/196r-v70Ph3nG9jZqEYmwiyR05lLw5Ud38_BRpRF9hOQ/edit#gid=0

Edit: Hate farming augment mats, so many treants with no hands

Edit2: Fuck it, after all that mat farming it turns out Grudge General requires molten cores for their 2->3, goodbye my dreams of skilling up drain, thats both fire and a large number of support cards locked to 2*

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm not sure if augments are expensive as much as it is the curve for everything (power level in combat, skillseed costs, gil costs, etc) is STEEP.

200k seems steep until you realize that PuPu stages on hard can give 12k a pop for 5 stam, so when you get to the point you can autobattle them, it's a pittance.

Prior to the 4* augments, going to 3* is an order of magnitude less costly.

Same deal making your way through the (current) last panel of Job Card unlocks. 32k a pop vs the hilariously small numbers on the first panel.

Edit2: Fuck it, after all that mat farming it turns out Grudge General requires molten cores for their 2->3, goodbye my dreams of skilling up drain, thats both fire and a large number of support cards locked to 2*

Yyyyyyup, Ch3 needs to come pronto tbh. So much dead-end grinding and incomplete skillsets atm.

At least we didn't launch with just Ch1. Heh.

Dreavus

Why is the auto battler so completely stupid in regards to the Pupu cards?

It gets used on cooldown with zero regard to what enemies are on the field.

Gah! It's like, half the reason for equipping them is for the elemental resist on bosses, but then the auto battler uses them and makes you attacks worse against said boss.

Razmos

Farming skillseeds is really tedious, I'm getting around 100 skillseeds per run which is good for the earlier panels but needing roughly 6000-21000 seeds per tile on the last panel is ridiculous.

Spending Magicite on silver openers doesn't seem like that bad a deal in comparison lol

Also I auto-battled my way through the entire battle tower event, Knight is so good lol

Falk

that puzzling face
GO8qCb7l.jpg

Autobattling gets me 7.5x (not at coliseum for obvious reasons)

Working towards the setup that'll net me that ever elusive 500k 12x autobattle.

Damn, hit a wall at boss 71 of the battle tower. If RNG is in my favor and blesses me with healing orbs = win
Normal gameplay (aka RNG fucking me) = 2 shot by the giant turtle thing
Oh well, it got me to under 2000 rank so I'm content.

linkent

What should I do with all those Pupu cards? Are they just food?
you can keep those to increase the ability level of future 5* "En-" units
(2x Lv 3 Pupus, 4x Lv 4 Pupus, 1x Lv 5 Pupu)

Also, what does increasing a Skillseed do? What do those numbers mean?
Skillseed(SS) are those currency you get at the end of level.
increasing the level mean you get more skillseed at the end.
for eg. level 1 = 6 SS. level 6 = 18 SS.

answer on bold

Thanks!

One more question, I have a Hunter off my Ranger, and I just went to draw a new job card and got a Hunter. I thought your not supposed to get duplicates? What just happened?

Out of the nine jobs in the gacha pool, six are "super" versions of the regular jobs you can unlock normally. They are generally stronger and unlock weapons that have additional abilities. For an example, the weapon the gacha Hunter unlocks increases the draw rate of water orbs. The duplicate phrasing is to reference that you won't get another hunter from the gacha.

Razmos

Finished the third panel on my Knight today and got the Defender Bis weapon. It increased my speed by 1 so now I can take 5 actions every turn, love it

Wagram

Runs fine on mine.

Define "fine." I don't have much bloatware and the thing is clean. The fps is all over the place.

EDIT: Limiting the fps to about 35 has resulted in a much smoother experience. Not perfect, but better. It's definitely the game though because other titles run great with no changes.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
5* cards in the future?

Yeah. The PuPu cards only go up to 4*, but apparently there are already En- cards that go up to 5* in the JP version. If you want, you can already save up PuPu cards so that you can max the 5* skills easily when they show up.

Fuck that noise, IMO.

Falk

that puzzling face
Okay, I've sunk enough time into this to form my opinion of the systems in the game. All the power progression systems are hilariously convoluted but they're so weird in a way compared to the average gacha game that it's a breath of fresh air.

Just ran into my first pet peeve though. (incomplete Fire augments or lack of farmable <color>/<class> aside - those are a temporary thing till later chapters hit)

The seedskill multiplier is based on difficulty (how many out of 5 bombs each area shows when selecting) which is in turn based on your player level, which is in turn based on your card levels.

On one hand, you want to 4* your cards so that the Seedskills they provide increases, by a hefty margin. On the other, more than a few prime farming spots require your player level to be a tad under a certain value or your multiplier just drops from 2.5 to 2 to 1.5 (God forbid you're farming anywhere with a x1 multiplier).

So this means the best return is in that short period you Augment a card to 4*, get more Skillseed returns per map, but before the card levels over a threshold that reduces the multiplier.

In other word, the 'best spots to farm' are a constantly moving goalpost.

'Tis annoying as all hell. My x12 spot became a x8 by the time I'm fully prepared to autobattle it.

edit: Terrapins are the new meme

ZxqHa97l.jpg

Yeah. The PuPu cards only go up to 4*, but apparently there are already En- cards that go up to 5* in the JP version. If you want, you can already save up PuPu cards so that you can max the 5* skills easily when they show up.

Fuck that noise, IMO.

I wouldn't consider skilling up then feeding easy, exactly. 50% isn't enough to justify feeding 5 lv2 3* PuPus, so a little more leveling they go.

Xetherion

Okay, I've sunk enough time into this to form my opinion of the systems in the game. All the power progression systems are hilariously convoluted but they're so weird in a way compared to the average gacha game that it's a breath of fresh air.

Just ran into my first pet peeve though. (incomplete Fire augments or lack of farmable <color>/<class> aside - those are a temporary thing till later chapters hit)

The seedskill multiplier is based on difficulty (how many out of 5 bombs each area shows when selecting) which is in turn based on your player level, which is in turn based on your card levels.

On one hand, you want to 4* your cards so that the Seedskills they provide increases, by a hefty margin. On the other, more than a few prime farming spots require your player level to be a tad under a certain value or your multiplier just drops from 2.5 to 2 to 1.5 (God forbid you're farming anywhere with a x1 multiplier).

So this means the best return is in that short period you Augment a card to 4*, get more Skillseed returns per map, but before the card levels over a threshold that reduces the multiplier.

In other word, the 'best spots to farm' are a constantly moving goalpost.

'Tis annoying as all hell. My x12 spot became a x8 by the time I'm fully prepared to autobattle it.
Yeah, i've been annoyed with this pretty much since i started playing. I don't like being punished for becoming strong enough to autobattle while i grind.

Top Bottom