• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

WarAdept

Game has granted me the chance to do a 3rd job pull.

Knight.

Goddamit. Ranger/DK/Knight.

Game really wants me to melee.

wow.
Reaching that fourth panel with my Black Mage made auto grinding Pupu more bearable.
Just that extra attack from weapon upgrade is huge.

Those seeds required to complete and unlock Archmage though... oh my.

Uthred

Deeply regret not buying a maxed out Hades as he seems fairly core for DK at the moment, might buy some molten cores to augment Grudge Generals to 3*

Xetherion

Deeply regret not buying a maxed out Hades as he seems fairly core for DK at the moment, might buy some molten cores to augment Grudge Generals to 3*

If you have the ability tickets you can use them to do a Boost Fusion on Hades to max him out.

Also i feel your pain War. I pulled 3 times also and got DK/Knight/Thief. This is after i maxed the ice mage abilities of course. But it's not too bad, I unlocked the first 3 panels on DK and started farming PuPus with a strat from reddit, getting anywhere from 500k to 1m score on hard. Supposedly this strat can get up to 1.7m score but I have yet to get that high.

Uthred

If you have the ability tickets you can use them to do a Boost Fusion on Hades to max him out.

Also i feel your pain War. I pulled 3 times also and got DK/Knight/Thief. This is after i maxed the ice mage abilities of course. But it's not too bad, I unlocked the first 3 panels on DK and started farming PuPus with a strat from reddit, getting anywhere from 500k to 1m score on hard. Supposedly this strat can get up to 1.7m score but I have yet to get that high.

Sadly too low on ability tickets for the moment. Is that 500K to 1M on manual or auto? Apparently lvl 32 is another "break point", which might explain why I'm back to getting randomly rocked by PuPu's on Hard (Auto)

Caim

What are the jobs that you pull like? Are they more specialized versions of the upgrades of the defaults?

Yeah they are more specialized and get two (one at the moment on Global I think) job upgrades (Dark Knight to Dark Lord and etc.) and new weapons as well.

They are much better than whatever versions the Onion Knight gets.

Xetherion

Sadly too low on ability tickets for the moment. Is that 500K to 1M on manual or auto? Apparently lvl 32 is another "break point", which might explain why I'm back to getting randomly rocked by PuPu's on Hard (Auto)

Manual. Here's the strat if you want it: https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/comments/4y857r/dark_knight_pupu_farm_x15_multiplier_with_3_star/

I can auto Pupu's with my Onion WHM but 500k is the highest score i can get with that, and even that is rare. Sad to hear the difficulty goes up again at lvl 32, not looking forward to that.

Celegus

Do we have any idea when new jobs will be released? I have enough for another summon (only have Mage so far) but figured I could just wait until better ones come out, unless it's not for a while or there's a good reason to try a different class.

Razmos

Do we have any idea when new jobs will be released? I have enough for another summon (only have Mage so far) but figured I could just wait until better ones come out, unless it's not for a while or there's a good reason to try a different class.
There are no more updates scheduled for this month (going off the in game calendar) so likely next month, though we won't see exactly when until the calendar updates (presumably on the 1st)

Has anyone here played the JP version and know about card effectiveness in the fututre?

I remember reading that, although cone cards and Hades are great now, they get worse later on, and ST/AoE cards become more valuable due to damage from ST and fighting more than 6 monsters in later fights. Just wanted to confirm this.

E: as for Hades, I've heard it's because you hit the healing cap really quickly later on, and it isnt comparable to the burst heal from other stuff like cait sith.

Only pulled Mage and Warrior so far (wanted a knight dammit :( ) but just playing with Onion Knight - Knight class. Got to 70 on adamanterrapin and think I can go a bit higher before the one shots come in (havent even maxed out 4th panel yet). Also augmented my Ares as my first four star.

Uthred

Has anyone here played the JP version and know about card effectiveness in the fututre?

I remember reading that, although cone cards and Hades are great now, they get worse later on, and ST/AoE cards become more valuable due to damage from ST and fighting more than 6 monsters in later fights. Just wanted to confirm this.

E: as for Hades, I've heard it's because you hit the healing cap really quickly later on, and it isnt comparable to the burst heal from other stuff like cait sith.

Only pulled Mage and Warrior so far (wanted a knight dammit :( ) but just playing with Onion Knight - Knight class. Got to 70 on adamanterrapin and think I can go a bit higher before the one shots come in (havent even maxed out 4th panel yet). Also augmented my Ares as my first four star.

Havent played the Japanese version but I think you can some idea of the longevity of the cards using the Internet Archive and the Japanese Wiki, start with the earliest recorded version of the job page you're interested in and go forward through the snapshots and see which cards stick around (the answer is unsurprisingly, not a lot). The fact getting new jobs is random is also going to complicate things. In short there's likely no card that will be useful in the long term so you need to decide which cards will be most useful in the short to mid-term and should you spend your rarer augments on them. Hopefully we'll get some idea of the new content release schedule when we see the September calendar. If content is coming out quickly its better to hold on, but if its around the same pace as Japan it might be worth upgrading cards now as you'll get more mileage out of them.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, there's no point worrying about 2-3 months down the road when some good 4*s will help you autobattle for like 1200 skillseeds per 5 stam right now.

Yeah, there's no point worrying about 2-3 months down the road when some good 4*s will help you autobattle for like 1200 skillseeds per 5 stam right now.

Any good suggested decks for the skillseed farm btw?

I've recently started using double pupu, ares and gigant/another pupu where i only do gigant with manual battle to get the 12x multiplier using the ultimate trick. Otherwise, when i auto i usually get above 200k for 9x. I'm assuming just do the same for other elements as well, but if theres something I'm missing I'd like to know.

Falk

that puzzling face
I typo'd - I meant x12, not 1200. That's around 1000 skillseeds, I believe.

But yeah, basically Knight is perfect for Ultimate spam and/or autobattle since warrior classes are less dependent on using the right abilities at the right time (hi ATK, low MAG) and knight takes less damage in general.

In contrast my mage only consistently autobattles in some of the interiors of Ch2 for x9.

I typo'd - I meant x12, not 1200. That's around 1000 skillseeds, I believe.

But yeah, basically Knight is perfect for Ultimate spam and/or autobattle since warrior classes are less dependent on using the right abilities at the right time (hi ATK, low MAG) and knight takes less damage in general.

In contrast my mage only consistently autobattles in some of the interiors of Ch2 for x9.

Yeah I unlocked the gacha mage into 4th panel (no magus) and he just feels weak even with a maxed 3* famfrit (my beginning pull). Feels like I can't do much unless i get 4*s with limit break unlocked and get all the magic panel boosts so I can weakness one shot.

Falk

that puzzling face
Still think going deep into gachas jobs that start with *** speed are a bad idea.

At this point, anyway.

Razmos

I'm glad I at least got Knight's level 3 weapon anyway, it increases speed by one star so it will be great for any warrior jobs I pull in the future. (Squall job plz)

Falk

that puzzling face
Hahaha yeah, I guess at some point Panel 3 (with the help of some start boost bronze openers) becomes loose change in comparison to the grind.

Anyone have good strategies for farming seeds? Also is it possible to farm Openers or Magicite?

Edit: HA! nvm, I just read a couple posts above and see the answers!

I regret using my openers early :(

Garlador

*An hour of downloading my iPad later...*
"Alright. Downloaded this game. Let's see what the fuss is about..."
*device not supported*

Was not expecting that.

Still think going deep into gachas jobs that start with *** speed are a bad idea.

At this point, anyway.

Eh, Ranger seems to be a little better than Hunter right now since we don't have fire abilities for that class yet. Also the combo of slow (magus sisters) and stun (fenrir) is ridiculous.

Uthred

Tempted to use some light bulbs on Hades, the fucker will not unlock his second and third passives (they're light greyness taunts me)

Edit: Clearly complaining online works as one just popped ;)

Dreavus

Got Thief with my third pull. I know nothing about it, but I'm optimistic. My starter maxed 3* card was ranger so that gives me a bit of a boost there.

However it kind of has the same problem as gacha WM does at the moment - the weapon you get along with the class raises your chance of pulling fire orbs... and there are no fire ranger attacks at the moment. That'll be rectified eventually but it's just a pain in the butt.

EDIT:

I just thought of something. Do cards that your class "can't use" (wrong element) still give you the passives, or are they just completely blanked? I was thinking the PuPu cards might still be good in some situations if your mainly using them for the defense even if you can't draw the element.

Earth and Wind Pupus done (two level 5 cards, four level 4s and two level 3s), now for water and fire (which are both at two level 5).

I suppose I should take a break and go back to that tower event as I stopped at 51 wins (10 more until I make it into top 10k).
At least as far as weekly rankings go I'm getting ability tickets this time...unless 700k points (got while 100%ing chapter 2) puts me out of the top 30k. Not sure I'll still hang in the top 10k though...

I just thought of something. Do cards that your class "can't use" (wrong element) still give you the passives, or are they just completely blanked? I was thinking the PuPu cards might still be good in some situations if your mainly using them for the defense even if you can't draw the element.
Yeah they give the passives. On the deck edit menu hit the auto button and it tells you all the passives you have (from cards and skillseeds).

It is worth noting that cards which come out in the future that also have en*element* will resist the opposite element.

Dreavus

Earth and Wind Pupus done (two level 5 cards, four level 4s and two level 3s), now for water and fire (which are both at two level 5).

I suppose I should take a break and go back to that tower event as I stopped at 51 wins (10 more until I make it into top 10k).
At least as far as weekly rankings go I'm getting ability tickets this time...unless 700k points (got while 100%ing chapter 2) puts me out of the top 30k. Not sure I'll still hang in the top 10k though...

Yeah they give the passives. On the deck edit menu hit the auto button and it tells you all the passives you have (from cards and skillseeds).

It is worth noting that cards which come out in the future that also have en*element* will resist the opposite element.

Thanks, that's good to know.

What are you referring to with the above? Future proofing the ability for later or something like that?

Thanks, that's good to know.

What are you referring to with the above? Future proofing the ability for later or something like that?
Yep. https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/comments/4y1gqi/guide_what_to_do_with_excess_pupu_fodder_after/
2x Lv 3 Earth Pupus to get Lamorak from from Lv 1 -> 3
1x Lv 4 Earth Pupu to get Lamorak from Lv 3-> 4
1x Lv 5 Earth Pupu to get Lamorak from Lv 4 -> 5
3x Lv 4 Earth Pupus to get Lamorak from Lv 5 -> 6
I want a spare level 5 for collections sake hence why I have two.

Don't stress if you don't get it done as that thread says you can get some ability tomes from multiplayer currency instead. Who knows if I'll ever get these future cards to 5* or not but it's nice to have the option plus the rank EXP and money hasn't been a bad thing to get either.

Pejo

Still learning this game, and something I've been wondering:

Why does my rank always go down after I beat a stage? It's pretty much happening every time. Is my score that awful? It seems to go down whether I manually control or just let it auto. I mean I don't really care, I just don't understand what I'm doing to go down after every single encounter.

Still learning this game, and something I've been wondering:

Why does my rank always go down after I beat a stage? It's pretty much happening every time. Is my score that awful? It seems to go down whether I manually control or just let it auto. I mean I don't really care, I just don't understand what I'm doing to go down after every single encounter.

Your rank goes down because someone has beaten your high score. If you don't beat your high score, it'll just show your current status on the leader boards.

Aurizen

So I'm trying to be a serious player in the game. Anyone have any tips? I'm playing as an apprentice mage Any tips how to improve and get strong. Tips on how to get magicite to buy Jobs and better Ability cards, and what is the difference between summoning ability cards and buying from the shop?

Celegus

Woo, barely cleared floor 50 of the tower. I only have the mage job and haven't upgraded anything to 4* yet, so I'm sure it's easier if you have more resources. Happy I got that far with what I have!

Falk

that puzzling face
EFjoot0l.jpg

Houston we have a problem

nECgHKbl.jpg

wat

So I'm trying to be a serious player in the game. Anyone have any tips? I'm playing as an apprentice mage Any tips how to improve and get strong. Tips on how to get magicite to buy Jobs and better Ability cards, and what is the difference between summoning ability cards and buying from the shop?

Summoning functions more like regular gacha mechanics if you've played any other gacha games. What you get is completely random but they're tricked out, so it's a crapshoot where you could end up with something that lets you plow through the game or something worthless for your deck.

Ability Ticket functions more like a shop. You can get stuff at lv1 Skillseed/Ability or maxed out 3*, at different ticket costs

The first and foremost advice is to save up 3000 Magicite for the Gift Box. Yes, it makes going slower to begin with, but the Gift Box is by far best value for magicite. You don't *really* need to summon abilities at all, and summoning Jobs only when you have 6 cards will still let you get by, as the 3 starter Job cards are pretty versatile.

creid

I'm in a similar position, I have so many questions about how to get stronger that I don't know where to begin. I was using the 1* drop cards in my deck for a while, but I could only get so far with them so I bought a couple 3*s from the ability shop. Should I augment everything I can to 4*? Is there a good reliable source of materials for augmenting to 4*? If so, where do I get all the gil for augmenting?

Summoning functions more like regular gacha mechanics if you've played any other gacha games. What you get is completely random but they're tricked out, so it's a crapshoot where you could end up with something that lets you plow through the game or something worthless for your deck.

Ability Ticket functions more like a shop. You can get stuff at lv1 Skillseed/Ability or maxed out 3*, at different ticket costs

The first and foremost advice is to save up 3000 Magicite for the Gift Box. Yes, it makes going slower to begin with, but the Gift Box is by far best value for magicite. You don't *really* need to summon abilities at all, and summoning Jobs only when you have 6 cards will still let you get by, as the 3 starter Job cards are pretty versatile.
What are the best rewards from the Mobius box? It looks like it gives you 1 new job per month, enough to buy a few abilities, and a steady stream of XP cards.

Falk

that puzzling face
Right, think of 3* as the 'gacha baseline', and 4* being "awesome shit".

Dropped cards start at 1*, 2* and 3* and basically (outside of special event exceptions like PuPu) only go up to 3* with specific augment mats (dropped as well). The thing is that at 3* their Ability shucks the "Lesser" prefix, meaning you can then use them to feed your gacha cards to boost the gacha card abilities.

Only Gacha cards can go to 4* right now (again outside exceptions like PuPu), and going from 3* to 4* requires Growstars, which are a very rare commodity. Right now it seems clearing out the daily login gives one, Gift Box gives one, and also whenever Squeenix feels like it.

Speaking of the Gift Box, yeah basically that. When you consider that 6 summon tickets are equivalent to 3000 Magicite, it means that the summon tickets alone out of it already cover the cost of the box, and then you get all the additional freebies.

The biggest benefit, though, is the 50% Skillseed bonus. Since Skillseeds are basically the Job XP of this game, your jobs will be getting stronger 50% faster.

Razmos

Yeah I still can't get over how good of a deal the mobius gift box is, especially since you can get it completely free for just tapping your Magicite distiller once a day for a month.

I paid for the first one, which gave me a month to gather the free magicite I'll need for the next one.

So now I'll always have the gift box up as long as I login every day

Falk

that puzzling face
Welp, I accidentally made a second 2* upgrade to a Grudge Shaman which I forgot I'd stowed in the bank. Those augment mats are already aggravating enough to farm.

That's it.

I'm making a spreadsheet to help me keep track of which units I've upgraded.

That's right, a mobile game made me make a spreadsheet.

it's the second time, after FFRK

Kid Ying

I'm playing right now and i understand nothing, i'm just going along with it. At least those mammoths are easy since my Black mage got some good cards, but i never get the ranking concepts.

Either way, i'm having fun.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Welp, I accidentally made a second 2* upgrade to a Grudge Shaman which I forgot I'd stowed in the bank. Those augment mats are already aggravating enough to farm.

That's it.

That's... A good idea ._.

Gaffi

That's it.

It's not much better but you can open up the card catalog and sort by "kind" and that will show you each card grouped up with all the augments you own.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's not much better but you can open up the card catalog and sort by "kind" and that will show you each card grouped up with all the augments you own.

It was in the bank. I brainfarted :(

That's... A good idea ._.

FWIW I just made a copy of this and appropriated the "star rarity" column, making it blue for upgraded-but-not-maxed and green for maxed.

My graphics have been messed up for a few days now. Resetting the phone hasn't helped. The textures look really weird and basic and the characters have no pupils. Anyone know what's up?

Razmos

Server maintenance today. So be sure to collect your Magicite.

We are getting the "First Exploration Silent Dungeon" event on the 1st of September and the maintenance will make the September event calendar available

Celegus

What job are you Falk? I've only been able to get 275k as my highest... not sure if Mage is bad at score or I'm still not understanding the system entirely.

Edit: Oh I guess it says White Mage there, haha! How are your 3* cards level 26 though? Mine only get to 21.

Falk

that puzzling face
What job are you Falk? I've only been able to get 275k as my highest... not sure if Mage is bad at score or I'm still not understanding the system entirely.

Vulnerability during break = $$$$$

Mage classes -should- have the upper hand when you find an area where the mobs break right before their HP depletes, since Mage classes have high MAG multipliers and all overkill counts towards score.

Right now though, Warrior classes (specifically Knights and Dark Knights) can autobattle higher scores.

Top Bottom