• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

Falk

that puzzling face
First Exploration is underwhelming so far - everything is far lower seedskill/stam than the previous farming spots.

Maybe I haven't gotten to the good stuff further in.

edit: Just cleared out Viridian Sanctuary. That cutscene man. Missed opportunities.

"What reason would have have to chase the monsters after he'd driven them away?"

"Loot"

Golnei

Do they add a reverb effect/some kind of distortion to Wol's dialogue if you're using a masked class? Cute if they do, though I'm not completely sure since I reflexively lower the volume when Echo's onscreen.

Victrix

*beard*
I'm bummed there's no female WoL option. Not having cool female job outfits kinda sucks.

I get why they did it because of the cutscenes etc, but it still sucks in combat :<

Golnei

Not having cool female job outfits kinda sucks.

Have patience.

2016-08-02-03-19-33-103.jpg

Celegus

Yikes. He does not pull that off so good. That would be cool if it let you pick gender, female red mage would be way cooler.

Uthred

Any new monsters aka fodder? Looks like we're following the Japanese schedule so another month or so till Chapter 3 and the fire upgrade mats promised land!

Falk

that puzzling face
I guess Mighty Golem kinda counts?

The other augment mat bosses are also better done here than out in the Ch1/2 fields since you get a shit ton more skillseeds in conjuction.

Gaffi

So the only way to get new jobs is through ticket pulls? And summon tickets are extremely scarce in game unless you spend real money or 3000 magicite?

Falk

that puzzling face
So the only way to get new jobs is through ticket pulls? And summon tickets are extremely scarce in game unless you spend real money or 3000 magicite?

Summon Tickets currently aren't as scarce as Growstars (although that's likely going to flip around as the game matures), but yes, unless you want to fork out $$ the number of Gacha jobs you can pull are going to be limited.

Golnei

Though it bears repeating that the jobs given by the cards available by default are still quite versatile; and not unusable despite having inferior stats overall.

I misread.

Falk

that puzzling face
Temple Threshold - 5 stamina, easy 9x (12.75 for bonus), seems to be forever 5-bomb difficulty.

First Exploration confirmed for best update ever.

Arkeband

Banned
Temple Threshold - 5 stamina, easy 9x (12.75 for bonus), seems to be forever 5-bomb difficulty.

First Exploration confirmed for best update ever.

I'm still farting around out in the woods, don't spoil the secrets of the hidden temple!

Just realized how many elixirs the game gives you. I don't know if it's possible to ever to run out of stamina in this game.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm down to 3 elixirs

Found the best Skillseed/stam spot and let her rip last month.

Now regretting it considering Sunday Skillseed day is a thing.

Gaffi

Summon Tickets currently aren't as scarce as Growstars (although that's likely going to flip around as the game matures), but yes, unless you want to fork out $$ the number of Gacha jobs you can pull are going to be limited.
Where is the best way to get them besides buying them and the extremely rare 1 time drops doom treasure chests? Atleast growstars are a bonus if the login completion.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, I meant, they're limited the same way Growstars are, but they come in at a greater rate.

We're on our 4th-ish Growstar assuming f2p and near-perfect Magicite->Gift Box savings and logging in every day, which is enough for 2 4* upgrades.

In contrast we've gotten enough Summon tickets for 3 jobs and some loose change.

Gaffi

Well, I meant, they're limited the same way Growstars are, but they come in at a greater rate.

We're on our 4th-ish Growstar assuming f2p and near-perfect Magicite->Gift Box savings and logging in every day, which is enough for 2 4* upgrades.

In contrast we've gotten enough Summon tickets for 3 jobs and some loose change.
Gotcha, yeah it's just odd. All my pulls were jobs I had unlocked through progression of skill cards already and now that there are cool new jobs we can't even earn them through that method...?

Last newbie question for now, I should only bother using tickets for jobs at the moment?

Or if I draw something I want/like, divert focus to abilities?

Falk

that puzzling face
Gotcha, yeah it's just odd. All my pulls were jobs I had unlocked through progression of skill cards already and now that there are cool new jobs we can't even earn them through that method...?

Ah, well, right now everything other than the 3 just-released jobs are specialized versions of the stuff you can unlock from the base 3.

Honestly speaking (and this is napkin theorycrafting - I don't have any of the new jobs myself) those three are rather glass-cannon and it'd be rather unwise to go deep into one of them as a primary/first job.

Furthermore, you'll notice that on the base 3, the first two jobs have three speed stars and the next two have four speed stars to begin with. This actually does carry over into the gacha versions (e.g. Warrior, Mage, Ranger) which also makes them rather unsuitable to deep dive as a first job, although the weapon on those Gacha job card eventually does add back a speed star.

In other words, unless you have a gacha Knight, Dark Knight, White Mage, Black Mage, Hunter or Thief, it's probably advisable to just dive in one of the base three first before doing anything secondary.

Last newbie question for now, I should only bother using tickets for jobs at the moment?

Or if I draw something I want/like, divert focus to abilities?

To be honest, Summon Tickets for jobs only unless you're whaling - since you can eventually max cards after getting them via Ability Ticket.

Nice thing about the Global version is you can't pull dupe Gacha jobs, so emptying out the drawbox so to speak will only benefit in the long run since you'd then have a higher chance to pull new jobs, etc.

Velkyn

I'm so glad I jumped ship from Exivus for this game, I'm not even at the castle yet and I'm having way more fun with this.

Got Thief on my first job pull, seems pretty strong. Was hoping for Samurai, but oh well.

Kouriozan

Good idea to transform this thread which was pretty much an OT.
Still playing a bit everydays but not as much since I'm done with Pupu and story.
Well now I have the sub-story to do.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
lol we went so long without an OT you guys basically just changed the topic title

Falk

that puzzling face
Finally, an OT!

Same day it gets shuffled to Community too lolo

Rules are rules.

edit: The First Exploration zone has two summon tickets in chests and awards another summon ticket as completion achievement reward

O boy

Quonny

It's like we're playing a real game now.

Also, the new area is mad OP.

10.5x skillseeds auto battling on the element of the day and it's super easy.

To be honest, Summon Tickets for jobs only unless you're whaling - since you can eventually max cards after getting them via Ability Ticket.

Nice thing about the Global version is you can't pull dupe Gacha jobs, so emptying out the drawbox so to speak will only benefit in the long run since you'd then have a higher chance to pull new jobs, etc.
Word. I will pull for two jobs later then, not sure if I should be hoping for anything in particular (besides thief because always thief).

Anything special happen when you pull dupe jobs in Japan or just trash?

Pejo

Gold Member
It's like we're playing a real game now.

Also, the new area is mad OP.

10.5x skillseeds auto battling on the element of the day and it's super easy.

how are you getting 10.5x wind? I'm running hard mode, I'm at the middle zone currently clearing out enemies to progress to the end, and I'm only getting 4x wind.

Quonny

how are you getting 10.5x wind? I'm running hard mode, I'm at the middle zone currently clearing out enemies to progress to the end, and I'm only getting 4x wind.

First and second area are awful, but the third is all red/orange and it's super easy.

Falk

that puzzling face
Nitpick #2 - being competitive in high scores right now seems to be funneling a wandering boss into a spot that already has a high difficulty multiplier and number of fights, then doing well then.

Suffice to say, considering the number of places a wandering boss can respawn, it's an RNG crapshoot and when you get that ideal location, you'd best pray shit doesn't hit the fan in some other way that kills your score.

edit: Actually I'm a dumbass and you can just flee if the attempt is going belly-up, lol

Pejo

Gold Member
So I'm still trying to get a maxed out card for each element from the PuPu event, but when I get to the higher ranks of ability level, each 3* card is only giving me 10% chance toward a level up, and it seems like I can only use 5 for a max chance of 50%. Is this standard, or is there a way to make your % higher when doing a fusion?

I'm hoping the answer here isn't to upgrade multiple cards to 4* then fuse, because I'm constantly short on gil.

Quonny

The answer is to skillup one 3* card to max then use four other unskilled 3* PuPus.

It'll be 80% + 5% + 5% + 5% + 5%.

Pejo

Gold Member
The answer is to skillup one 3* card to max then use four other unskilled 3* PuPus.

It'll be 80% + 5% + 5% + 5% + 5%.

Ah, that's good. My biggest hurdle is gil so this doesn't hurt the bank nearly as bad as going 4* then fusing. Thanks for the info!

Falk

that puzzling face
Hey, if you unlock Combat Surgeon you're going to almost always be guaranteed a spot in multiplayer parties!

Same day it gets shuffled to Community too lolo

Rules are rules.

edit: The First Exploration zone has two summon tickets in chests and awards another summon ticket as completion achievement reward

O boy

I luv u

Don't have to wait to finish Chaos Vortex to get another pull now!

Falk

that puzzling face
I've been calculating how much Magicite I'll have leftover from the next Gift Box when this one ends (assuming minimal overflow) and using surplus to supplement Job Card summon pulls (so that e.g. 18 Summon Cards will net me 4 jobs instead of 3) but now I'm running into inventory space management nightmares (even with generous amounts of autosell) so I might have to suck it up and sink ~500 into that :(

Top Bottom