• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

Goldrush

Loving the battle system so far. Think it's the best one out of all Square Enix mobile so far. However, ability GACHA isn't very enticing. Just like Kingdom Hearts, it's just isn't as cool when you're not actually getting the character. Right now, I'm enjoying it, but haven't reach the grind yet.

WarAdept

Framerate is nasty, even when you max out the bar. Shame, because the battle system is the shit.

RK > Mobius > BE.

BTA

So... question. Does this thing have a story you can reach the end of (even if that's not possible in this release) or is it just generically going on forever like a lot of these mobage? I'm pretty interested in trying it but if there's no story to it, I'm probably going to fall off even faster than I've done for every other mobage I've played.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
So... question. Does this thing have a story you can reach the end of (even if that's not possible in this release) or is it just generically going on forever like a lot of these mobage? I'm pretty interested in trying it but if there's no story to it, I'm probably going to fall off even faster than I've done for every other mobage I've played.

It's still ongoing in Japan so no one knows if it will end properly. Maybe players will play forever trying to become the warrior of light lol

BTA

It's still ongoing in Japan so no one knows if it will end properly. Maybe players will play forever trying to become the warrior of light lol

New question then: can I reasonably play to the end of each chapter and then leave it alone till the next one's out, or am I going to have to give it my soul and grind things to be able to handle the next chapter when it arrives?

Rixa

As someone who plays of these "gatcha games" than anyone really should (it's an addiction of mine), I think I'm going to pass on Mobius. I already have Brave Exvius keeping my attention, and I much prefer the look (and, judging from videos I've watched, feel) of that, when compared to Mobius. The game is a battery drain too (the graphics do come at a cost), and I'm already finding my battery time limited with the games I do play. :/

It's probably for the best really, as I'm not so sure I have enough time for another gatcha game. That being said, I'll probably give the new Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Blazing game a try...

I downloaded Mobius, read the impressions & typical bs JP vs GL and the fact that it eats battery and battles take ages and so. I think I delete it before trying.

ZangBa

Finally able to connect so I could finish the tutorial and some story. I got a bit farther than the teleporting tutorial and stopped. Game is butt ugly, like damn. The battle system seems OK, but it's so convoluted. All the menus and systems are an eyesore, it's so hideous. Might wait for the game to get a few more updates before I play again.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
New question then: can I reasonably play to the end of each chapter and then leave it alone till the next one's out, or am I going to have to give it my soul and grind things to be able to handle the next chapter when it arrives?
You can do that. As for me, I played it for a day or so when it came out, left it for a year or something and when I came back I had enough gems etc. to get some great stuff from the Gacha without paying a dime.

Razmos

Auto battle is a blessing and a curse. This game is playing itself right now.
..stop using it then?

I don't understand people who complain about auto battle since you are choosing to use it and then complaining that the game is too easy.

Victrix

*beard*
This battle system is pretty damn snazzy. Feels kind of like what they wanted to do with 13, and you get the very solid basics right off the bat.

Gets a lot more involved once you start unlocking and upgrading interesting abilities on your cards.

Falk

that puzzling face
..stop using it then?

I don't understand people who complain about auto battle since you are choosing to use it and then complaining that the game is too easy.

But if the game is easy enough to autobattle wouldn't it be worse by being easy and having to push buttons?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
What does the auto battle AI do; is it sophisticated enough to defend and use skills where appropriate?

Victrix

*beard*
What does the auto battle AI do; is it sophisticated enough to defend and use skills where appropriate?

It's very good, but it starts to fail when you need to make use of a lot of status abilities, or more carefully manage your orb supply (like vs a tougher boss).

The stronger your deck/class, the more you can autobattle through, as you'd expect. The closer you are to just barely being able to beat an area, the better you can perform manually.

Also high scores reward bonus xp, so if you can consistently outperform auto, you'll earn more xp in the same amount of time.

Stider

For those who plat the JP version, the bosses who have icons on the map(red dragon, treant etc.), do all of them have the chance of dropping crystals? I decided to farm some of them to level up some cards and got a chest drop with a crystal in it.

Grieves

I'm a huge Kingdom Hearts fan, but Unchained is kind of crappy and kind of nasty about wanting/needing you to spend money on it (in comparison to other gacha games I've played, at least).

Anyway, if you're ever interested in going back to Record Keeper, hit me up over in the |OT| and I'll explain anything you need explained.
Thanks for that. Yeah I'll be going back at some point so when I do I'll pop into OT for advice.

Genio88

Downloading right now on Xiaomi Mi5, i guess Snapdragon 820 should run it well enough, gonna definitely give it a try

What a horrible way to introduce people to the game, tutorial tutorial tutorial tutorial tutorial. I don't remember any of the information presented since they just force it all on you at once. The UI is cluttered as hell and every screen looks different which makes it even more confusing. The combat actually seems kind of interesting but the game seems to be nothing BUT combat, I was bored in the first 20 minutes already. Anyone notice the MC seems to have Lightning's battle animations from FF13? Anyway I uninstalled it already, boring and confusing.

What a horrible way to introduce people to the game, tutorial tutorial tutorial tutorial tutorial. I don't remember any of the information presented since they just force it all on you at once. The UI is cluttered as hell and every screen looks different which makes it even more confusing. The combat actually seems kind of interesting but the game seems to be nothing BUT combat, I was bored in the first 20 minutes already. Anyone notice the MC seems to have Lightning's battle animations from FF13? Anyway I uninstalled it already, boring and confusing.

Yeah I nearly uninstalled for the same reasons but once the tutorials are over the game feels a lot better, and the combat mechanics start to make sense when there aren't blue windows popping up to explain them all with stupid try-hard names. I don't know what Japan's problem is with this recent urge to name every mechanic in their games (and the games themselves) with ridiculous English words. And it's even more confusing how they've never been able to understand menu design, but I understand cluttered menus are a cultural thing, not just a video game thing.

Would love to see Square hand over the FF series to a western dev. The combat in this game is really good for mobile, and the FF job system has always been awesome. Combined with Destiny-quality UI this kind of game could do really well over here.

Razmos

Did an ability pull and got a maxed out Fat Chocobo card which is a strong heal (roughly 200+ HP) and defense up. It's auto-abilities are crazy though.

One of them causes the skill to have no action cost in battle, so it's a free heal and defense buff that doesn't cut into my attacking at all.

Another auto ability increases the duration of the defense up effect by one turn, it's awesome.

Also used my summon tickets for a job summon and got Knight. It's already better than the other ones because it has an action count of 4 rather than 3 and since it excels in defense and long drawn out fights it works perfectly with the fat chocobo card

Really enjoying this so far.

Also, you can refresh the friend rental list using the exclamation mark above the list

Victrix

*beard*
Combat in this is really, really fun.

Strong advice for newbies: Just blitz through the early part of the game with laser focus. If your eyes glaze over at all the numbers, symbols, and advice, don't worry about it, just keep pushing.

The auto-battle is good enough that you can just use that for awhile and observe how it fights. Take control now and then to experiment, and once you get a handle on the combat, the rest starts to fall into place (cards give abilities, elements oppose, and you can power up your job and your cards).

Oh and don't bother 'chasing' the dragon around, bosses like that move around the map forever, you can chase them later to farm them for specific upgrade materials, but you don't need to worry about that for quite awhile.

Did an ability pull and got a maxed out Fat Chocobo card which is a strong heal (roughly 200+ HP) and defense up. It's auto-abilities are crazy though.

One of them causes the skill to have no action cost in battle, so it's a free heal and defense buff that doesn't cut into my attacking at all.

Another auto ability increases the duration of the defense up effect by one turn, it's awesome.

Also used my summon tickets for a job summon and got Knight. It's already better than the other ones because it has an action count of 4 rather than 3 and since it excels in defense and long drawn out fights it works perfectly with the fat chocobo card

Really enjoying this so far.

Also, you can refresh the friend rental list using the exclamation mark above the list
Oh man, now I'm tempted to get a Job Card pull. I have six tickets but don't know if jobs are better than 4 star abilities. I've levelled up my Mage to stage 2, so don't know if a brand new job is a good idea. But at the same time, a 4 star ability might be a warrior or hunter ability. Damn gatcha mechanics...

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Really boring, wanted to like this bad. Uninstalled already.

Really annoying how after each chain fight he re-engages the way he does, Man..stay in your fighting stance.

The menus are pretty poorly done, this game could be better with some changes.

Kouriozan

Really annoying how after each chain fight he re-engages the way he does, Man..stay in your fighting stance.

The menus are pretty poorly done, this game could be better with some changes.

It's a smart way to hide the loading between each fights, I agree about the menus.

Widge

I need to know what to do with all this stuff it gives you right after tutorial.

I've got three 4* cards that look like lightbulbs and I cannot see what they are useful for. I was going to use in card fusion but the game was all WARNING WARNING at me.

I've got 1,100 of the generic collectable points things to spend but cannot decide: bronze tickets, crystal tickets...

I may have to just dive in and press buttons.

I wouldn't worry about the tutorial, people. It's, what, about 15 - 30 minutes of your life? Yes, you want to go press menu buttons and whatnot but the tutorials on the likes of FF7 & 8 are more soul crushing than this.

I need to know what to do with all this stuff it gives you right after tutorial.

I've got three 4* cards that look like lightbulbs and I cannot see what they are useful for. I was going to use in card fusion but the game was all WARNING WARNING at me.

I've got 1,100 of the generic collectable points things to spend but cannot decide: bronze tickets, crystal tickets...

I may have to just dive in and press buttons.

I wouldn't worry about the tutorial, people. It's, what, about 15 - 30 minutes of your life? Yes, you want to go press menu buttons and whatnot but the tutorials on the likes of FF7 & 8 are more soul crushing than this.
I'm not 100% sure how to use them yet, but the lightbulb cards unlock hidden abilities of cards, WHEN they're ready to be unlocked. That requires the card it's being fused with to be capable of having hidden abilities, and to be high enough level to unlock that ability (which can be unlocked through battle without the light bulbs on rare occasions). I have no idea if the game tells you when a card is ready for learning a new ability, and I have no idea if these lightbulb cards are rare enough to warrant saving, but until I know more about them and the cards worth using them on I'm not touching them =P

Zafir

I think I'm kind of regretting going for a 4* ability card instead of a role card. :p

Want something different from Onion Knight....

Falk

that puzzling face
Man I just finished Chapter 1 and wow, what a nostalgia trip. So many throwbacks to retro gaming.

Sorry the princess is in another castle

Kalor

I've been enjoying this so far. I haven't stuck with most gacha games (with the exception of Unchained) but I could see myself sticking with this.

Genio88

My god just tried it...that's just a bad version of Infinity Blade with "Final Fantasy" skin... pretty bad, gonna delete it

I think I'm kind of regretting going for a 4* ability card instead of a role card. :p

Want something different from Onion Knight....

Hahaha, well I unlocked the next level of all three starter jobs and decided I would get a job card instead of a 4* card.

I got the Job Card "Mage", which is a different card than the Mage that you unlock through the Apprentice Mage skill panel. Although you look exactly the same as you do using the Mage job from Apprentice Mage.

WTF.

Hahaha, well I unlocked the next level of all three starter jobs and decided I would get a job card instead of a 4* card.

I got the Job Card "Mage", which is a different card than the Mage that you unlock through the Apprentice Mage skill panel. Although you look exactly the same as you do using the Mage job from Apprentice Mage.

WTF.
Get your skill page to level 2 or 3 and you will start to look different.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Very nice graphics (on iPhone 6s - it surprised me how good) and tutorial. Never played FF before but quite enjoying it. Music getting a bit tiring though.

Top Bottom