• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 2 Gameplay Footage. Spoilers within, click accordingly.

BlinkGT

corkscrewblow said:
It will just make people want to camp.
This is the same for all the killstreaks, so. Useful is the killcam in core playlists. A fucking camper can't make 25 kills against players who were born with normal hands. Or it's unusual. :eek:

KareBear

The nuke and emp etc killstreaks are retarded,theres no need for it to go that high.They should have capped it at 11 kills and the ac130.And the nuke kills you not matter what and ends the match whats the point it that?Also it has no effect on the environment which looks really silly.

Eric WK

The more I think about it, the less concerned I am regarding the Tactical Nuke. Yes, 25 kill streaks are very common in objective games, especially Domination. But at the same time, all of the other new kill streak rewards will work well to keep opposing players from hitting that mark.

I still think the fact that it ends the game is dumb, but we'll see how much of an issue it is soon enough.

Raxus

EviLore are you still picking up the game? I know you didn't want to pick up the PC version so are you getting a console version instead?

I don't understand the bitching about the Nuke. I've played the ever-living fuck out of CoD4 and the highest kill streak I've ever gotten is 22. If you're bad enough to let someone get 25 kills in a row, you deserve to be nuked.

X26

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:
I don't understand the bitching about the Nuke. I've played the ever-living fuck out of CoD4 and the highest kill streak I've ever gotten is 22. If you're bad enough to let someone get 25 kills in a row, you deserve to be nuked.

Certain gamemodes on certain maps might make this more common than you think

Even if you never see it it's a stupid idea, IW needs to stop basing ideas off e-mails they get from 3rd graders

lol @ the people complaining. How often were you in a room where people had a 25 kill streak? In 2 years of playing CoD4, I only remember that happening MAYBE 2 times. And for the people saying that this will make people camp, NO camper will ever get this streak. The killcam guarantees that after, at the most, 10 kills from one spot there will be 4-5 people rushing that person. On top of that, killstreaks being customizable means that any person trying to make the MOST from their killstreak rewards will not be choosing the Nuke. It's ridiculous to waste a streak on that considering a 25 streak happens rarely.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Raxus said:
EviLore are you still picking up the game? I know you didn't want to pick up the PC version so are you getting a console version instead?

Nah mang, not gonna play it on consoles, and not buying the PC version unless they put dedicated servers back in.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Net_Wrecker said:
lol @ the people complaining. How often were you in a room where people had a 25 kill streak? In 2 years of playing CoD4, I only remember that happening MAYBE 2 times. And for the people saying that this will make people camp, NO camper will ever get this streak. The killcam guarantees that after, at the most, 10 kills from one spot there will be 4-5 people rushing that person. On top of that, killstreaks being customizable means that any person trying to make the MOST from their killstreak rewards will not be choosing the Nuke. It's ridiculous to waste a streak on that considering a 25 streak happens rarely.
My roommate could pretty regularly get to around a 25 streak in WaW. Thankfully he thinks the idea behind the nuke isn't fun so he won't be using it.

cameltoe

Net_Wrecker said:
lol @ the people complaining. How often were you in a room where people had a 25 kill streak? In 2 years of playing CoD4, I only remember that happening MAYBE 2 times. .

just yesterday playing HCHQ i reached 25 kill streak 2 times in 3-4 hours playing. Hit 30 once (32 actually)...I usually hit 25 or so at least once every few play sessions...but I dont see myself using this at all.

RoboPlato said:
My roommate could pretty regularly get to around a 25 streak in WaW. Thankfully he thinks the idea behind the nuke isn't fun so he won't be using it.

In vanilla Team Deathmatch in CoD4 I rarely saw a streak of 20, let alone 25. With all of the additions to MW2, it'll be even more difficult to get a streak that high considering how much IW likes to reward the bad players. Also, like I said before, if you want to MAX out your possible kills, you will not be choosing the Nuke as one of your rewards. What are the chances that you will hit 25 kills in a row? It would make much more sense to choose a smaller reward that nets you more kills without banking everything on staying alive for a 25 streak.

cameltoe said:
just yesterday playing HCHQ i reached 25 kill streak 2 times in 3-4 hours playing. Hit 30 once (32 actually)...I usually hit 25 or so at least once every few play sessions...but I dont see myself using this at all.

I should've mentioned that I was talking about Team Deathmatch. Gametypes like Domination, and HQ usually net much higher streaks more frequently, but I don't really touch those lists.

cameltoe said:
no skorpion!!?? Fuck you IW!!

Woah, I didn't recognize that, seriously when I did play online, that was my favorite gun (no lie, it was my easy 10 kill streak gun for close quarters fighting), screw you IW, screw you.

X26

Banned
Also, unlike in MW1 your killstreak rewards don't add to your overall streak, so getting 10kills with the AC-130 doesn't get you any closer to a nuke

It's still a stupid idea, though

Mikey Jr. said:
Wow, so the game is already leaked a week and a half before it's release? Is that early for a high profile game?

Halo 2 got leaked almost 4 weeks before launch. The Halo LAN we did three weeks before launch, a guy brought over his modded Xbox that had that Halo 2 on it. We told him we didn't want to see anything about it.

X26 said:
Also, unlike in MW1 your killstreak rewards don't add to your overall streak, so getting 10kills with the AC-130 doesn't get you any closer to a nuke

It's still a stupid idea, though

How? If the other team is horrible enough that you can kill them 25 times in a row, not counting the kills you get with your kill streak rewards, they deserve to get nuked. Think of it as an active mercy rule.

Not only that, but kills you get during kill streak bonuses don't go toward your overall streak anymore. That means that all those kills you can get by air striking a huddled team on Domination or Headquarters won't count anymore towards your streak, thus making stuff like the AC-130 and the Nuke even harder to get to.

X26 said:

I don't know how many people forgot about this, but I did, and it's huge. If this is across the board for ALL killstreak rewards, I don't even think we'll be seeing as many attack choppers. The airstrikes, and chopper could advance your streak by 20 kills alone against a bad team, and even with that said, I STILL didn't see that many 20 kills streaks. :lol

Loxley

X26 said:
IW needs to stop basing ideas off e-mails they get from 3rd graders

Pff, GAF suggestions barely rank higher on the list than 3rd grader suggestions a lot of the time.

I'm on the side that doesn't think the nuke is big deal. I've seen someone get a streak like that in maybe one out of every 25-30 games. Will it be annoying when it happens? Yep. Will it happen often? Nope.

Besides, if someone gets a streak that goddamn high, chances are the other team deserves to be nuked.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Loxley said:
Pff, GAF suggestions barely rank higher on the list than 3rd grader suggestions a lot of the time.
Nyeeh nyeeeeh nyeeeeeeeeh I am smart I speak through my nose nyeeeeeeeh

At least we don't suggest shit like that.

They're serving the customer well, I guess

FortMajor

Banned
If a player gets 25 kills unassited by other killstreaks in a row in one match that round is basically over anyway. Half the other players on the other team would have bailed a long time ago, as well.

Without the killstreaks helping the kill count towards a streak it will be hard to get especially if matchmaking pits you against players of the same skill.

FortMajor

Banned
Kr1355 said:
I've regularly have 20+ kill streaks, and three times had 28. Just call me Duke Nuke'm :D

25 kills straight up? No air strike? No heli? Because if I understand correctly those kills in no way will advance your kill streak. So yeah you might get 20 kills on the regular but take out the airstrike and heli kills and it makes it a little tougher to get 25 straight up.

Eric WK

Does anybody have a link confirming that kill streak reward kills don't count towards your streak? The only thing I remember hearing on the matter is that you can't use the exploit where you wait to deploy a chopper or airstrike until after you die like you could in COD4.

I thought I'd put a nice little chart together.

LEGEND:
P1 - perk 1
P2 - Perk 2
P3 - Perk 3
AR - Assault Rifle
SMG - Sub-machine Gun
LMG - Light Machine Gun
SNP- Sniper
HG - Hand Gun
MP - Machine Pistol
SHG - Shotgun
LAU -Launcher
KS - Killstreak
DS - Deathstreak
EQ - Equipment
CH - Challenges
Misc - Miscellaneous

UNLOCKS BY LEVEL:

1. Misc - *Starting Level* Class Grenadier; Class First Recon; Class Overwatch
2. Misc - Unlock Class Scout Sniper
3. Misc - Unlock Class Riot Control
4. Misc - Unlock Create-a-Class
Unlocked by Default:
P1 - Marathon; Slight of Hand
P2 - Stopping Power; Lightweight
P3 - Commando; Steady Aim
AR - M4A1; FAMAS
SMG - MP5k; UMP45
LMG - L86 LSW; RPD
SNP- Intervention; Barret .50cal
Misc - Riot Shield
HG - USP .45
MP - PP2000
SHG - Spas-12
LAU - AT4-HS
DS - Copy Cat
EQ - Frag; Semtex​
5. CH - Challenges Unlocked(Limited)

Unlocked by Default:
Primary Weapons
Secondary Weapons
Perks
Equipment

Level unknown of when unlocked:
Basic Training
Operations
Killstreaks

Precision(LVL 26)
Finishing Moves(LVL 35)
Humiliation(LVL 41)
Payback(LVL 47)
Elite(LVL 53)
Intimidation(LVL 61?)​

6. DS - Painkiller
7. EQ - Throwing Knife
8. AR - SCAR-H
9. P2 - Hardline
10. KS - Killstreak Customization; First Killstreak Unlock

Unlocked by Default:
3 - UAV: Show enemies on the mini map
4 - Care Package: Airdrop a random killstreak or ammo
5 - Predator Missile: Control missile​

Unlocked in order of choice w/ Unlocks acquired by leveling:
4 - UAV Jammer: Temporarily disables enemy radar
5 - Sentry Gun: Airdrop a placeable sentry turret
6 - Precision Air Strike: Call in a directional air strike
7 - Attack Helicopter: Call in a support helicopter
7 - Harrier Strike: Air strike with a hovering harrier
8 - Emergency Airdrop: Airdrop 4 random killstreaks or ammo
9 - Pave Low: Heavily armored assault helicopter
9 - Stealth Bomber: Air strike undetectable on enemy radar
11 - Chopper Gunner: Be the gunner on attack helicopter
11 - AC130: Be gunner on AC130
15 - EMP: Temporarily disable enemy electronics
25 - Tactical Nuke: End the game with a bang​

11. EQ - Tactical Insertion
12. SMG - Vector
13. P1 - Scavenger
14. LAU - Thumper x2
15. KS - Second Killstreak Unlock
16. LMG - MG4
17. P3 - Scrambler
18. SHG - AA-12
19. EQ - Blast Shield
20. AR - TAR-21
21. P1 - Bling
22. MP - G18
24. SMG - P90
25. P2 - Cold Blooded
26. HG - .44 Magnum; CH - Precision
27. DS - Martyrdom
28. AR - FAL
29. P3 - Ninja
30. LAU - Stinger
31. EQ - Claymore
32. LMG - AUG HBAR
33. P2 - Danger Close
34. SHG - Striker
35. CH - Finishing Moves
36. SNP WA2000
37. P3 - SitRep
38. MP - M93 Rattica
39. DS - Final Stand
40. AR - M16A4
41. P3 - Last Stand; CH - Humiliation
42. SHG - Ranger
43. EQ - C4
44. SMG - Mini-Uzi
45. P1 - One Man Army
46. HG - M9
47. CH - Payback
48. AR - ACR
50. LAU - Javelin
52. LMG - M240
53. CH - Elite
54. SHG - M1014
56. SNP - M21 EBR
58. MP - TMP
60. AR - F2000
61. CH - Intimidation(?)
62. HG - Desert Eagle
65. LAU - RPG-7 x2
67. SHG - Model 1887
70. AR - AK-47

Link for good measure.

Now I know level 2-5 are challenges, create-a-class, and the two other pre-made classes. But I don't completely remember whats what.

And then we have all the random other levels without an unlock. Most likely Challenges and what not.

Any thing wrong with the post? Let me know. Will Edit.

UPDATE:
Killsteak Rewards:
These are all accounted for, but I am unsure when all of the unlocks are given. If an unlock was given every 5 levels, starting at 10, We would have 12 unlocks by level 70. Which would be the exact Number required to unlock all killstreaks. I'd say it's a pretty reasonable guess.

UPDATE 2:
Challenge Menu List:
As for challenges, those are a mystery to me for the most part. As far as i'm concerned they are given in the higher levels without any unlocks right now. If anyone knows, do tell.

UPDATE 3:
Re-worked the whole post. Hopefully it looks better and is easier to understand (as if it wasn't straight forward enough as it was.) Also remembered the Callsign Editor is unlocked early on, but i forgot when. Any help?

got2bekidding said:
Why is the Javelin in multiplayer? It's just for tanks.

Options I guess. They wanted to put it in for anti vehicle. We'll see how good it is. I'm wondering more how it will show up on a person. That thing is huge.

Beowulf28 said:
That makes no sense wasn't the Barret a lvl 50 unlock in MW1?

Barret was really high up there. But look at the AK now, its 70. They both did 180s I guess.

RoboPlato said:
Why is the AK-47 a level 70 unlock and the Barrett .50 cal a starting gun?

Idk, I'm really hoping that this time, when we prestiege we can keep a gun forever. I'd keep the AK. Great gun. Most likely we'll get guns and perks as rewards for prestiging now. Dragonuv anyone?

Grimm Fandango said:
No G3 assault rifle? Fuck this game.

I'm sad too. I LOVED the G3. I swore by it. But the FN FAL is supposed to be just like it. heres hopin'.

Church RvB said:
Options I guess. They wanted to put it in for anti vehicle. We'll see how good it is. I'm wondering more how it will show up on a person. That thing is huge.

I know it's anti-vehicle, it's specifically anti-tank. So there are tanks in MP? That's why I'm not sure why it's there. I wouldn't think you could shoot planes and helicopters with it. Just seems out of place for MP.

Top Bottom