• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolith Soft's Wii U game "X" coming 2014 [E3 Trailer]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This, Bayonetta, and LTTP 2 were the only things I really dug about the Direct.

But this looks amazing. Surely it's coming out here and we won't have to wait forever, RIGHT?

FStop7

Banned
256px-ShogoBox.jpg

FINALLY, the sequel I've demanded since 1998.

Yes yes, I know Monolith and Monolith Soft are totally different companies.

Clevinger

Disappointing, this trailer made it seem even more that i'd be an open world monster hunter type game as opposed to an actual RPG. Oh well, saves me the trouble of having to get a Wii-U.

I take it you haven't played Xenoblade? Because besides the addition of mechs, it looks the same.

It's nothing like Monster Hunter.

By far my favorite part of the Direct. While my favorite developer in general, Nintendo, has let me down its good to know my favorite RPG developer hasn't.

Sophia

Thank you biased fucking Monolith Soft. You guys have no idea how hyped I am for this now.

Trying to make out the lyrics in the song, as they appear to be in English.

PirateKing

Will buy this day 1 with Wii U. Playing Xenoblade now, half way through the game and I'm already set. It's that amazing. Right after I finish Xenoblade, I will jump back and finish off Xenosaga. Hopefully I could find the third game somewhere.

poweredbykimchi

Neo Member
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GUILTY CROWN LIKE MUSIC.

This game looks like a seriously HD Xenoblade. I'm pretty happy about this.

Also, I noticed the two trailers so far barely showed any faces. The "Shulk" guy's face looked unfnished as well. Maybe they're still working on faces?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Disappointing, this trailer made it seem even more that i'd be an open world monster hunter type game as opposed to an actual RPG. Oh well, saves me the trouble of having to get a Wii-U.

I feel better now that I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. Lost a lot of interested in this game.

Was hoping that it would be more like Xenoblade, the first trailer made it look that way. This one made it look more like PSO or Elder Scrolls Online.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I feel better now that I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. Lost a lot of interested in this game.

Was hoping that it would be more like Xenoblade, the first trailer made it look that way. This one made it look more like PSO.

Straight into my veins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was hoping that it would be more like Xenoblade, the first trailer made it look that way. This one made it look more like PSO or Elder Scrolls Online.

oh god

did no one see the trailer of Xenoblade when all they showed was Shulk and crew running through the different locals with all the creatures in the background?

Sophia

Juding from the lyrics of the song ("trying to live your life") and that big giant percentage counter counting down, I'm guessing there's a theme of survival going on. Like resources being depleted or something.

I take it you haven't played Xenoblade? Because besides the addition of mechs, it looks the same.

It's nothing like Monster Hunter.

Doesn't really seem like Xenoblade either. No hints of there being a story at all, no sign of party members being anything other than other human players, world is a lot less colorful than xenoblade, and all the game seems to focus on is flying mechs and fighting huge monsters.

Taruranto

I really don't see how.

Xenoblade already had mechas and advanced-looking towns. This one is clearly an evolution of it, pilotable mechas, open world instead of huge interconnected areas, etc.

Looks nice, but all I saw from the trailer was characters and mechs running and flying everywhere. They could have at least added few battle scenes.

Skerj

What's the medical term for one being able to ejaculate through their tear ducts? Because I think that just happened to me and I have to go to the hospital.

That song totally reminded me of Xenosaga, which was awesome. This game is going to be awesome. I seriously want to know if its gonna go the super serious Xenosaga story route or the more traditional Xenoblade route. Either way, I'm excited about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom