• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolith Soft's Wii U game "X" coming 2014 [E3 Trailer]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't really seem like Xenoblade either. No hints of there being a story at all, no sign of party members being anything other than other human players, world is a lot less colorful than xenoblade, and all the game seems to focus on is flying mechs and fighting huge monsters.

You realize the trailer does not equal the entire game right? Because if it did, the whole game would consist of flying around on your mech looking at big monsters, which, come the fuck on.

poweredbykimchi

Neo Member
Juding from the lyrics of the song ("trying to live your life") and that big giant percentage counter counting down, I'm guessing there's a theme of survival going on. Like resources being depleted or something.

Good observation. That might be a reason why the characters have to go out on an adventure.

Monolith... Wow, just wow, do these people know how to make an game or what.

Dinosaurs + transforming mechs = win

Oh and they call the mechs dolls. lol

the trailer music sucked though

onilink88

Doesn't really seem like Xenoblade either.

First trailer no longer exists?

No hints of there being a story at all,

Because it was a trailer meant to show off locales.

no sign of party members being anything other than other human players,

world is a lot less colorful than xenoblade,

And?

and all the game seems to focus on is flying mechs and fighting huge monsters.

The trailer focuses on elements that individuate the game from Xenoblade. Seriously, you aren't even trying.

Looks good. Would have liked to see some characters and whatnot, I assume the game must still be a long ways off.

I'll buy a WiiU whenever this comes out, that's for sure.

Voror

Looks awesome. Don't have a Wii U yet, but this and a few more games like Bayonetta 2 will definitely get a buy from me down the line.

Sophia

This is no Monster Hunter clone, that's for sure. Also apparently you can have more than three party members.

Good observation. That might be a reason why the characters have to go out on an adventure.

Been tossing around a lot of theories. The city seen in the trailer appears to be the same one that looked like a colony or spaceship from the first tralier.

If I had to guess, judging from the promotional artwork of showing a crashed spaceship.... these guys landed on an unknown planet, probably holding civilians and military alike.... and the counter represents how long they have before resources run out?

CLBridges

I will definitely buy this game when it comes out.
I'll borrow my niece's WiiU, sorry Nintendo, no WiiU sale from me.

onilink88

Been tossing around a lot of theories. The city seen in the trailer appears to be the same one that looked like a colony or spaceship from the first tralier.

If I had to guess, judging from the promotional artwork of showing a crashed spaceship.... these guys landed on an unknown planet, probably holding civilians and military alike.... and the counter represents how long they have before resources run out?

Yup. Notice how there are two moons in the trailer?

ufol.jpg

The same two moons here.

AGoodODST

Looked damn nice.

Someone needs to gif the part where he jumps in the mech then off the cliff. At arouund the 1:15 mark (trailer).

Color me excited. Just keep showing off games, keep announcing games and I'll finally have enough to justify picking one up. That said, WWHD might be a good starter for my son, so there's that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like that the characters look like military rather than TEENS ON AN ADVENTURE.

Also love that the costume design doesn't suck ass like Xenoblade.

Meier

It looks absolutely amazing. Would have been nice if they'd confirmed Xenoblade HD too.. probably just conjecture from those retailers I guess. :(

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Because it was a trailer meant to show off locales.

And?

The trailer focuses on elements that individuate the game from Xenoblade. Seriously, aren't even trying.

Where did the first trailer indicate there would be AI allies if you weren't playing with others? It always had "Player #."

Also, the fact you have player created characters (which this trailer heavily indicates) and a fully explorable world is indicative that it won't really be like Xenoblade from a story perspective. It will probably have a story, but again, given the online focus and fully explorable world it will probably have a larger focus on multiplayer questing.

I'd love to be wrong, but this is how the game seems based on the two trailers.

Edit: Want to say I'm not as sure about the player created character thing, since I thought there were more characters in the trailer than there were. Black hair guy's hair just has an orange tint to it in the light.

Sophia

Sawano sucks. I want Mitsuda back. :(

Speak for yourself, I like Sawano.

Yup. Notice how there are two moons in the trailer?

ufol.jpg

The same two moons here.

I actually didn't even notice that (I can't really see the moons in the promotional art, partially colorblind), so that's a good observation.

At any rate, the story seems like a real return to form for Takahashi. Closer to the styles used in Xenosaga than Xenoblade. He himself said he was more of a doom and gloom kind of guy....

linko9

My FFXV hype has been largely displaced by this game. Still looking amazing. Town scene was a bit rough though.

Midou

Hopefully less tedious side-quests than Xenoblade, other wise HOLY SHIT SO EXCITED, mecha in giant world RPG my body is ready.

Would get a Wii U just for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom