• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monopoly at McDonalds 2013 (USA): Don't waste your energy peeling the stamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudkips

Banned
Guess I'm eating a lot of chicken nuggets this month...woooo!

Nuggets are trash. Selects are good. Of course, they killed off Chicken Selects this past year. It's not like they ever had any game pieces on them any way (I think maybe the first year they were introduced, but never after that).

Breakfast McDonalds is once again the only edible McDonalds.

Nuggets are trash. Selects are good. Of course, they killed off Chicken Selects this past year. It's not like they ever had any game pieces on them any way (I think maybe the first year they were introduced, but never after that).

hate the breakfast

nuggets with the hot mustard all day

I don't really like any of their food but I like playing the game and nuggets are the only thing I like : ( I have a problem....

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I imagine that the majority of the "rare" pieces are simply thrown out, which is the allure of the game for McDonald's.

Medium Fountain Drinks
Medium or Large Iced McCafé, Blended McCafé, McCafé Smoothies, or McCafé Shakes
Small, Medium, or Large McCafé Iced Coffee
Medium, Large, or Extra Large Minute Maid Premium Orange Juice
Big Mac sandwich
Filet-O-Fish sandwich
10-piece Chicken McNuggets
20-piece Chicken McNuggets (2 game pieces, 4 stickers)
Large Fries (2 game pieces, 4 stickers)
Premium McWrap
Hash Browns
Egg White Delight McMuffin, Egg McMuffin, or Sausage McMuffin with Egg (excludes Sausage McMuffin)
Fruit & Maple Oatmeal.

I'm surprised they aren't putting pieces on the new premium QP's. Usually they tie in game pieces with their newest menu item.

Mudkips

Banned
I'm surprised they aren't putting pieces on the new premium QP's. Usually they tie in game pieces with their newest menu item.

That item this year is the Egg White Delight.
The deluxe quarter pounders are just a lower cost replacement for the Angus burgers they removed. No idea why they removed them, Jack in the Box still has the sirloin burger and Carl's Jr. still has the six dollar burger. I guess it's harder to "upsell" at McDonald's, especially when most of your advertising campaign is based on the $1 value menu items.

Kwixotik

Kinda off-topic, but did you know that in France, McDonald's logo is green and not red? They did this to change the PR around the restaurant because people wanted to eat healthy. I thought it was cool when I learned that in a marketing course.

And then they threw health out the window and created this monstrosity

mcbaguette.jpg

MisterHero

It's almost guaranteed that the winning piece won't be on a box of McNuggets.

Oh well, here's $5 for semi-satisfying fast food. And $5 extra because that box will make me want more. And I'll win more McNuggets, fries, and shakes, so of course I'll have to eat those too.

Javaman

Every year I always hear some crap about how someone knew someone who accidentally threw away the winning piece. EVERY YEAR.

FlyFaster

played the shit out of this as a kid.

One year, years ago, a friend and I took a stack of Monopoly stickers from Toys R Us, must have been like 500 notebook sized pages of stickers shrink wrapped. Needless to say, we ate a lot of fries that summer. I think we were 9 or 10 years old at the time lol.

mackattk

If I play at all, it will be on the McWrap's.. its the only entree on the menu that is really any good.

played the shit out of this as a kid.

One year, years ago, a friend and I took a stack of Monopoly stickers from Toys R Us, must have been like 500 notebook sized pages of stickers shrink wrapped. Needless to say, we ate a lot of fries that summer. I think we were 9 or 10 years old at the time lol.

This has always been one of my dreams.. Not really to eat the food, but it would be kind of fun going through all the game pieces.

I would buy McDonalds and throw away the food.

I don't eat meat and think the foods gross but playing the game was fun. I'd usually give away any free food items I won.

Not going to play it this year but it was still fun when I did the years before.

It's a great form of marketing and reeling people in, I admit.

I would buy McDonalds and throw away the food.

I don't eat meat and think the foods gross but playing the game was fun. I'd usually give away any free food items I won.

Not going to play it this year but it was still fun when I did the years before.

It's a great form of marketing and reeling people in, I admit.

game piece items said:
Medium Fountain Drinks
Medium or Large Iced McCafé, Blended McCafé, McCafé Smoothies, or McCafé Shakes
Small, Medium, or Large McCafé Iced Coffee
Medium, Large, or Extra Large Minute Maid Premium Orange Juice
Big Mac sandwich
Filet-O-Fish sandwich
10-piece Chicken McNuggets
20-piece Chicken McNuggets (2 game pieces, 4 stickers)
Large Fries (2 game pieces, 4 stickers)
Premium McWrap
Hash Browns
Egg White Delight McMuffin, Egg McMuffin, or Sausage McMuffin with Egg (excludes Sausage McMuffin)
Fruit & Maple Oatmeal

You wouldn't even eat any of these items?

otapnam

went to mcD last night to get a happy meal so my wife could collect the despicable me toys.

got one of the new habanero quarter pounders. super sized to get the 4 pieces. The sauce was great but man that patty is complete shit. Gonna stick to chicken nuggets and breakfast

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I still have a big pile of those Big Mac and Large Fry vouchers that Living Social was selling at half price a couple years ago (which explicitly do not expire), guess I might as well finally use them.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Fell for this shit last year and bought McDonalds multiple times a day every day for a couple weeks.

I won some free fries and some free cokes.

Never again.

A few years ago, a friend of mine who worked at McDonalds found out you could read the sticker on the large fries without peeling it by bending the fry box. He went through hundreds of fry boxes and took all the good ones.

Jeff-DSA

Last year I tweeted out that I found the rare piece of the Boardwalk/Park Place combo and said it in a way that implied that I just had received another stupid common piece. I got a flood of people hammering me with offers to split the money to pair it up with their piece.

I regret nothing.

Ugh. Early this year. It's usually in October. I mostly avoid McD's all year and then go Monopoly crazy in the fall usually. And I never win anything, except an extra 15 pounds.

I just wanted to pop back in here and let you guys know that I tried that Hot Mustard today at lunch and HOLY SHIT! It was so good. The rest of their sauces are crap but this.. this is GOD TIER

thanks GAF.

edit: won a free medium fry on my nugget box.

I just won a free breakfast sandwich (excluding McMuffin) so I guess I'll be having a McGriddles tomorrow for breakfast!

I wonder why they exclude the McMuffin. I thought McGriddles were roughly the same price if not more expensive than McMuffins anyway.

I just wanted to pop back in here and let you guys know that I tried that Hot Mustard today at lunch and HOLY SHIT! It was so good. The rest of their sauces are crap but this.. this is GOD TIER

thanks GAF.

edit: won a free medium fry on my nugget box.

welcome to the Hot Mustard Club dude. Full membership is given once you also dip your fries in the Hot Mustard. I buy extra hot mustard with every meal, best 30 cents I could ever spend.

We're a week in, has anyone won anything? I ordered a 10 pc nuggets which had 2 game pieces, got a free bfast sandwich and St. James Place (orange)

Time for the time honored tradition of scanning the parking lot looking for winning stickers like the Mcdonald's was a fucking OBT.

People need to remember to recycle those stickers, they use those to make McNuggets.

Time for the time honored tradition of scanning the parking lot looking for winning stickers like the Mcdonald's was a fucking OBT.

People need to remember to recycle those stickers, they use those to make McNuggets.

My co-workers forget to peel their stamps, so sometimes when they step out of their office I'll rummage through their trash to peel the stamps. No shame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom