• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri Official Site Updated

batbeg

Shaheed79 said:
Anyway. The game looks gorgeous and after watching nearly an hour of videos on the first 2 and reading in the interview all of the improvements they are working on I have decided that this is definitely the game for me. +1

+1. Me and my housemate each have PSPs, I think I'll be buying us a couple of copies of this next paycheck.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Defuser, from the bottom of my heart, please let someone in your family help you.
Really, it's truly saddening watching this kinda meltdown for a videogame for Christ's sake,
why the hell do you keep rambling on and on about how MH doesn't play anything like DQ?!
Nobody ever said that for fuck's sake! I get it, english is not your first language, neither is mine, but you should seriously start working on your reading comprehension or else just shut the fuck up once in a while, k?

Wow . . . If I remember correctly wasn't it Defuser and some other (2-3) members that were throwing the b**** fit on the MEGATON OF MEGA Nintendo Oct thread last year?

Some of them ranting about how the Wiimote wouldn't add anything but "wiggle" to the gameplay cause it didn't have 1:1 and that they were looking forward to VChat but the Wii is to blame for it not being in MH3 ( a excuse for b****ing)? As well as FC?

Edit-Heres one about 1:1!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8166207&postcount=2148

Seems like the more things change the more they stay the same.

I made 2 official MH threads with lots of gameplay info and try to bump it whenever it's possible to get more people interested in MH but in the end very little people post in it and it gets constantly buried because you guys don't give a fucking shit about it.

The only MH related thread that gets the most posts is the MH3 Wii fiasco because you guys are gloating over the power of the franchise therefore it will adds up to your Wii E-penis while not interested in the game at all.

I have never in my life seen some one get mad at the INCREASE of interest in a series they like/ love.

This is the reason it's on the Wii . . . clear as day.

Your damn right people used this as a E-penis extender, I did as well because this game was a bright ray of hope for the future of Wii games from Japan. It showed that the Jpn devs were REALLY looking at the Wii . . . for real, as a means to hold some big titles (not like how Ubishit says they are really behind the Wii. . . real support).

And when I now look at my Wii game wait list I see tons of Jpn games ( Im loving MMV on Wii!). I never heard of this game till it was revealed to be on the Wii and I can't say I would have ever had interest in it if it had not been put on the Wii . . . I know TONS of people like myself in that regard but we all share the common "WANT!" for this game.

(Oh, and yea, Im in that wii-mote-could-add-ways-more-to-the-gameplay camp. I hope someone askes Capcom about M+ for this game . . . something tells my they simply wont do it because they want to port it down to the PSP. They should have more than enuff time seeing as it's only 30% done )

Kuran

Banned
Black-Wind said:
And when I now look at my Wii game wait list I see tons of Jpn games ( Im loving MMV on Wii!). I never heard of this game till it was revealed to be on the Wii and I can't say I would have ever had interest in it if it had not been put on the Wii . . . I know TONS of people like myself in that regard but we all share the common "WANT!" for this game.

(Oh, and yea, Im in that wii-mote-could-add-ways-more-to-the-gameplay camp. I hope someone askes Capcom about M+ for this game . . . something tells my they simply wont do it because they want to port it down to the PSP. They should have more than enuff time seeing as it's only 30% done )

I have to play devil's (defuser's?) advocate here, and say.. this is exactly why he is upset.

The stupid kid inside of me wants to tell you things like "MH isn't for you!" and all that jazz, but I can't sanely back statements like that up.

I want more people to discover how great Monster Hunter is.. but why would you just have interest in it since it was announced for the Wii? Why didn't you care about it before?

And why would anyone give your post any merit if you argue what waggle could add to the game if you haven't even played a Monster Hunter game?

/late night post that he will probably regret in the 'morrow

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
M3d10n said:
Camera lock-on != Never miss. See Shadow of the Colossus: you can lock the camera on the beast but still need to aim the bow manually
The monsters in MH are not as big as the stuff you fight in SOTC. only Lao and Shen come close, but still a bigger target=easier to hit. So lock-on really comes into play when dealing with mid-size to small-size monsters.

I like the idea of a more in-depth and realistic eco-system. Also, monsters having more statuses than just normal, angry, weakened; is great. I really wish the hunting areas were more seamless and less segmented. that's one direction I would like the series to move foward.

Kuran said:
I have to play devil's (defuser's?) advocate here, and say.. this is exactly why he is upset.
I know thats why he is upset lol, I said that earlier!:lol

The stupid kid inside of me wants to tell you things like "MH isn't for you!" and all that jazz, but I can't sanely back statements like that up. I want more people to discover how great Monster Hunter is..
Thats interesting, I have never had the feeling that a game "just isn't for" someone just because they are new to the series. Abit . . .over reactive?:lol

Why would you just have interest in it because its on Wii? Why don't you care about it now?
Because, I have NEVER heard of this series. Everyone was making a big deal over it and all I could ask was "Ummm, wth is this game? And why do people care and why are PS3 fanboys crying tears of blood and hate. . .well w/e, whoot, new Wii game!!!" (than someone told me it was a huge series in Japan).

I live in America so I don't see how unreasonable it is that I would have never been interested in this game for lack of knowing there was ever such a game. Hell, it was already revealed to be on the PS3 before this and I had no idea about that because I don't have a PS3.

And why would anyone give your post any merit if you argue what waggle could add to the game if you haven't even played a Monster Hunter game?
I don't "argue" jack, I simply said IT COULD (not that it WOULD), as in, if they do it right motion controls could add way more to the gameplay (looking on the bright side!). I, myself would perfer 1:1 after seeing WiiSports 2.

/late night post that he will probably regret tomorrow
Yeah, seems about right:D

poking cow

Neo Member
Dang....looks awesome. I pretty much only use my psp for monster hunter nowadays. This game is going to be such a huggggge timesink :(, I wonder how much time I'll be able to put into it considering its not portable.

Still I look forward to see how they make the controls. Having the wiimote as a pointer might make throwing and shooting a lot quicker, especially if you could bind certain items to some buttons. *crosses fingers

The camera might also be easier to handle, my finger gets tired when simultaneously moving the d-pad and nub on the psp.

Defuser

Shaheed79 said:
Anyway. The game looks gorgeous and after watching nearly an hour of videos on the first 2 and reading in the interview all of the improvements they are working on I have decided that this is definitely the game for me. +1
Good for you for doing your research and know how it plays like,hope to see you online when you buy it.

Oh and I do have a Wii and I am buying Tri. I just want to play a MH game that could make full use of the 360/ps3. but hey,if MH3 is on Wii what can I do?Go to Capcom headquarters and kill inafune?

Dash Kappei said:
Defuser, from the bottom of my heart, please let someone in your family help you.
Really, it's truly saddening watching this kinda meltdown for a videogame for Christ's sake,
why the hell do you keep rambling on and on about how MH doesn't play anything like DQ?!
Nobody ever said that for fuck's sake! I get it, english is not your first language, neither is mine, but you should seriously start working on your reading comprehension or else just shut the fuck up once in a while, k?
Why halo there!! Are you gonna talk about the game or just make a 1 shot post and never to post again in this thread with exceptions of coming in here to rag on somebody?

Defuser

Black-Wind said:
I know thats why he is upset lol, I said that earlier!:lol

Thats interesting, I have never had the feeling that a game "just isn't for" someone just because they are new to the series. Abit . . .over reactive?:lol
If you watch some of the videos posted here,it's quite a technical game which not new players could just up pick & play. You don't just attack blindly,it gets you 200% killed guarantee.

I never played the PSP verisons so I am totally ignorant to the gameplay
but this doesn't look nearly as good as Metroid or Galaxy to me.

2dt6pe1.jpg

29leh4w.jpg

taizdl.jpg

yurinka

I want this game in my PSP. Released in Europe. In Spanish. With on-line. And not in 2050.

BruceLeeRoy said:
I never played the PSP verisons so I am totally ignorant to the gameplay
but this doesn't look nearly as good as Metroid or Galaxy to me.

2dt6pe1.jpg

29leh4w.jpg

taizdl.jpg

Since use an improved version of the previous MH engine, looks like an improved version of the PSP games. Non photoshoped random PSP shots:

monster_hunter_freedom_2-284801.jpg

pix_071117_mhp_b17.jpg

monster_hunter_portable_2nd_g_image2.jpg

monster_hunter_portable_2nd_g_image5.jpg

Add AA, a bit of doom and gloom, a lens flare effect and you almost have the Wii shots.
Compare the water of the PSP version vs the water of the Wii version. Obviously MH3 is in early stages of development.

BTW another Wii shot:
c20080919_mh3_09_cs1w1_640x359.jpg

yurinka

Defuser said:
MHP2G has to be release first before a MHP3 can be released.
Yes, and I hope it will be released here using the on-line feature through the PS3 (PS3 acting like Xlink Kai, with voice chat).
But I think they won't release it here because MHF2 didn't have very good sales outside Japan. And 2ndG is "almost the same" than MHF2.

Defuser said:
If you watch some of the videos posted here,it's quite a technical game which not new players could just up pick & play. You don't just attack blindly,it gets you 200% killed guarantee.
Sorry homs, your point doesn't stand . . .

I have been looking at MH2 vids sence I heard about it hitting the Wii (after someone told me wth it was).

I would like to know what you think Im into with that statement . . . as if Im just some GoW fan who expects that kinda stuff.

Like I said . . .really getting a "holier-than-thou" feeling from the few english speaking fans I have seen.

yurinka

Black-Wind said:

I have been looking at MH2 vids sence I heard about it hitting the Wii (after someone told me wth it was).

I would like to know what you think Im into with that statement . . . as if Im just some GoW fan who expects that kinda stuff.
Well, you can spect 500+ of game. They have a really long learning and difficulty curve. There is a lot of stuff to learn, but the game teaches you everything. You can play them without playing the previous games. At first you battle agains little and inofensive monsters.

Like in a RPG, if at first you try to face a really big one, you'll die. It's kinda obvious inside the game. You feel when a huge bitch is dangerous.

But as I said, you'll learn everything: which kind of weapon and armor is better against every monster, what you need to build these weapons and armors, the strategy to beat these monsters, etc.

Defuser

Black-Wind said:

I expect you pick the Wiimote and able to complete quest after quest easily with your hands tied behind your back just whack/kill a monster right? how hard could that be?

Lot's of people gave up on the game because after 2/3 quests completed, they could not complete the next quest because they could not beat a kutku.(go check on youtube) Kinda like DMC3 where lots of people gave up because they could not beat a hell vanguard/Cerberus.

Defuser said:
Funny the first time i played Monster Hunter freedom on the psp i thought it would be something else but agter about a hour of play time i start to love it for what it is, and yes i was new to the series then.

Defuser said:
I expect you pick the Wiimote and able to complete quest after quest easily with your hands tied behind your back just whack/kill a monster right? how hard could that be?

Lot's of people gave up on the game because after 2/3 quests completed, they could not complete the next quest because they could not beat a kutku.(go check on youtube) Kinda like DMC3 where lots of people gave up because they could not beat a hell vanguard/Cerberus.
This is more of testament to how much gamers suck these days.

Defuser

flintstryker said:
Funny the first time i played Monster Hunter freedom on the psp i thought it would be something else but agter about a hour of play time i start to love it for what it is, and yes i was new to the series then.
You did spent some time on learning how it works right? Not exactly a pick up and play game.
flintstryker said:
This is more of testament to how much gamers suck these days.
And they still do now plus they blame the gameplay for it!!

Defuser said:

Did you miss-state this part? Did you mean "I expect you to think you can pick up the Wiimote"? Just saying, cause that sounds odd.

Anyway, if 2 mill Japanese people can love this game than I don't see it being too much for lil old me to get into. Again, getting this "holier-than-thou" feeling. Are you trying to scare people off or something?

Defuser

Black-Wind said:
Did you miss-state this part? Did you mean "I expect you to think you can pick up the Wiimote"? Just saying, cause that sounds odd.

Anyway, if 2 mill Japanese people can love this game than I don't see it being too much for lil old me to get into. Again, getting this "holier-than-thou" feeling. Are you trying to scare people off or something?
I don't know how to put it but yeah,you put it better.

And I'm not scaring people off,cause it's exactly what most people encounter, hell even I was one of them who can't complete one of those quests but I persevere and use different weapon class to my advantage. You're never too old for learning something new.

2 Million people may love the game but that's because they got a 3 other teammates helping each other out.

Eteric Rice

Kuran said:

The stupid kid inside of me wants to tell you things like "MH isn't for you!" and all that jazz, but I can't sanely back statements like that up.

I want more people to discover how great Monster Hunter is.. but why would you just have interest in it since it was announced for the Wii? Why didn't you care about it before?

/late night post that he will probably regret in the 'morrow

Because there were much bigger games to care about at the time.

When it comes to the Wii, games that were once considered niche are given a huge spot light among hardcore Wii owners.

Error

Hopefully Chameleos doesn't make it into MH3, what a shitass monster. HATE.

Error said:

Chameleos wasn't too bad (he mostly just stands there and attacks most of the time), but I wish his armor had cooler attributes(like um... invisibility).

But as far as MH3, I'm kinda having a hard time getting hyped for it cause of the more than likely waggle controls, but I may get another Wii for it (Sold the first after I beat Galaxy).

Off Topic: Is it possible to solo kill Azure Lao with Dual Dragon Ultimas (been using teh Onslaught {killed him twice} but I keep getting fucked up by his windpress).

NomarTyme

Error said:
I agree. I fucking hate the bastard.

Off Topic: Is it possible to solo kill Azure Lao with Dual Dragon Ultimas (been using teh Onslaught {killed him twice} but I keep getting fucked up by his windpress).
What do you mean, the hammer is taking to long kill?

NomarTyme said:
I agree. I fucking hate the bastard.

What do you mean, the hammer is taking to long kill?

Nah, well sort of. I feel obligated to get a triple pound every time I attack him, and get caught in multiple windpresses and eventually I quit out of frustration. He's not hard, I just want to use a different weapon and can't get Ultimus Heaven & Earth yet.

Defuser

Eteric Rice said:
Because there were much bigger games to care about at the time.

When it comes to the Wii, games that were once considered niche are given a huge spot light among hardcore Wii owners.
So a MH is a niche now?

RoboGeorgeForeman said:
Nah, well sort of. I feel obligated to get a triple pound every time I attack him, and get caught in multiple windpresses and eventually I quit out of frustration. He's not hard, I just want to use a different weapon and can't get Ultimus Heaven & Earth yet.
Use akantor Bow and stock lots of power coating and Megajuice/Rations lol

Defuser said:
So a MH is a niche now?

Use akantor Bow and stock lots of power coating and Megajuice/Rations lol

My friends have been telling me to use bow for the longest but I've just been to lazy to make a decent one (Got RathSoulU bow armor though). Guess I'll try and solo Akantor.

wsippel

Banned
Defuser said:
So a MH is a niche now?
Outside of Japan? Yes, pretty much. MH3 wouldn't have gotten the attention it has right now without the betrayalton and numerous meltdowns. Great publicity - and completely free.

Tenbatsu

Error said:
But I like the Magician armor:p
10f5579.jpg

Gamer @ Heart said:
So what is the rumored target date for this game? Next holiday in japan at least? maybe Fall?
Am speculating a mid 2009 release as usually informations are shown half a year before release.

And I hope to fight a giant squid!!

NomarTyme

RoboGeorgeForeman said:
Yes, you can kill Lao with Dual Dragon Ultimas. Just got to bring LBB+ and attack his stomach efficiently. Although I though you do need to add blue to your weapon too with the amour skill and quick sharpening skill.

NomarTyme said:
Yes, you can kill Lao with Dual Dragon Ultimas. Just got to bring LBB+ and attack his stomach efficiently. Although I though you do need to add blue to your weapon too with the amour skill and quick sharpening skill.

What armor would you recommend making? I only have RathSoulU(Blademaster and Bow), Ceanataur U, and Silver Sol armor.

Tenbatsu

RoboGeorgeForeman said:
What armor would you recommend making? I only have RathSoulU(Blademaster and Bow), Ceanataur U, and Silver Sol armor.
Silver Soul? Wow, is it very easy to make it in the PSP version? The PS2 version is a pain in the ass.

Tenbatsu said:
Silver Soul? Wow, is it very easy to make it in the PSP version? The PS2 version is a pain in the ass.

Yeah, you get Los Rubies from Silver Los like every other time you fight it(hell I got three in one fight once). Plates are still rare but it's not as bad as it was in MH.

Error

Yeah super easy, I farmed Silver Rathalos alone for those rubies. I end up making both Rathalos Soul and Silver Sol armor sets.

Hammer+Flashbombs=Silver Rathalos is piss easy.

Defuser

Tenbatsu said:
Should be the same, Silver rath parts with a ruby. But getting a ruby is easy, Divine plates are the new MH1 rubies.

Error said:
Yeah super easy, I farmed Silver Rathalos alone for those rubies. I end up making both Rathalos Soul and Silver Sol armor sets.

Hammer+Flashbombs=Silver Rathalos is piss easy.

I didn't really have as good of luck fighting Silver with a hammer, but with a greatsword it was cake(you can pretty much hit it with a full charge after every single one of it's attacks).

Defuser

RoboGeorgeForeman said:
I didn't really have as good of luck fighting Silver with a hammer, but with a greatsword it was cake(you can pretty much hit it with a full charge after every single one of it's attacks).
The trick is too flash it and whack the wings, it will go down in 5 mins solo.

Tenbatsu

Wow!!! Dam it! Back then for PS2 MH2 Dos, Silver Rathalos is a rare breed of Rathalos and the rate it appears in quest is random and rare. What's more the rate that it drop rubies is 1%....:( Its one of my most sought after armor but I gave up:(

Defuser said:
The trick is too flash it and whack the wings, it will go down in 5 mins solo.

Really?!?! I've been taking like 15-20 minutes to capture with Seigmund.

Is this with an electric hammer or could I do this with Onslaught?

Defuser

RoboGeorgeForeman said:
Really?!?! I've been taking like 15-20 minutes to capture with Seigmund.

Is this with an electric hammer or could I do this with Onslaught?
Electric Hammer/Tachi(LS) works best. Silver Rath are different from a regular rath. The wings is the weakest instead of the head.

Defuser said:
Electric Hammer/Tachi(LS) works best. Silver Rath are different from a regular rath. The wings is the weakest instead of the head.

Alright I guess I'll either use my True Devil Slicer or make me some type of Electric Hammer.

Oh, and do you know what good weapon to use on Fatalis? I've been using the Dragonbreaker and the Dual Dragon Ultimus, but I can't solo it.

Defuser

RoboGeorgeForeman said:
Alright I guess I'll either use my True Devil Slicer or make me some type of Electric Hammer.

Oh, and do you know what good weapon to use on Fatalis? I've been using the Dragonbreaker and the Dual Dragon Ultimus, but I can't solo it.

Akantor Bow, lol we're talking about 50% critical hit damage 300 Dmg/200 Dragon

Usually hunters in a group all use bowguns clust 2 it to death,second best choice would be a dragon bow which akantor/White fatty bow comes into mind because of it's high raw damage + high dragon damage and the type of arrow shot. That and shitloads of Large BB +

But now in MHP2G,they nerf the akantor bow badly and G rank Fatalis rarely dies to clust 2.

Defuser said:
Akantor Bow lol

Usually hunters in a group all use bowguns clust 2 it to death,second best choice would be a dragon bow which akantor/White fatty bow comes into mind because of it's high raw damage + high dragon damage and the type of arrow shot. That and shitloads of Large BB +

That sounds like one epic bow! :D
I guess I'll try and solo Akantor tomorrow. I need a good gunlance.

Top Bottom