• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri Official Site Updated

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Playing the demo for the first time and getting my butt kicked. :)

Is there any quicker ways to use potions? That'd help a lot.

Tenbatsu

Reposting to create awareness:

Monster Hunter Tri Launch Event Tomorrow at NYC Nintendo World Store!
A big reminder to all you Monster Hunter fans in the New York City area: we're going to be holding our Monster Hunter Tri launch party at the Nintendo World store tomorrow from 11AM - 3PM and we want YOU to go! You will get:

+ a first look at exclusive post launch content. New quests!

+ to meet the Producer and Director. Signed posters Available! (one per customer, while supplies last)

+ compete in two player Arena Quest battles with exclusive Monster Hunter Tri prizes!

+ demo the game. Single player, two player and four player!

+ And more!

Monster Hunter fans in New York will receive an early look at special event quest content during the Monster Hunter Tri launch event at the Nintendo World store on April 17, 2010. Celebrating the launch of Monster Hunter Tri, consumers visiting the store will have the opportunity to get their first taste of online and co-op hunting before the game release on April 20th, as well as participate in a two player battle for special Monster Hunter Tri prizes, Monster Hunter and video game fans will also have the unique opportunity to meet the producer Ryozo Tsujimoto and director Kaname Fujioka.

Our resident Monster Hunter expert and community man, Snow will be there, so be sure to stop by and say hi!

Hit the jump for a special behind the scenes set up picture!
http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/blog/2010/04/16/monster_hunter_tri_launch_event_tomorrow_at_nyc_nintendo_world_store!

Andrex said:

Use Sword & Shield. You can use potion even faster but its not available in the demo.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Andrex said:

You mean other than *put away weapon* *drink potion* *omg that fucker just hit me!*

No :lol

D-Pad

What is the disadvantage of running to another area to heal and then running back to the boss?

(and repeating that over and over)

Tenbatsu said:
Use Sword & Shield. You can use potion even faster but its not available in the demo.

Sword and Shield is available in the demo, if that's what you're talking about.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I like the mid-bowgun. Shoots pretty fast and hard, only downside is reloading... I tried Sword and Shield but attacks were so slow...

Raging Spaniard said:
You mean other than *put away weapon* *drink potion* *omg that fucker just hit me!*

No :lol

Fuck. :lol Everything has like a 5 second cooldown time.

Game looks fantastic though, as I thought it would.

Tenbatsu

D-Pad said:
What is the disadvantage of running to another area to heal and then running back to the boss?

It hurts your pride and makes you a coward.

Yeah am not talking about S&S but rather a particular armor skill in the retail game.

PusherT

Andrex said:

that 5 sec cooldown animation is to prevent potion spamming, you want to get to the point were then hardly touches you

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Andrex said:

Honestly though,its part of the challenge (and fun!), to know when you can take a sec to heal up before dodging again. Later in the game youll have parts when you know you wont have enough time to heal so youll have to dodge a series of attacks before a chance for healing opens up ... but by then youll be tempted to attack too! (lol whats up Tigrex)

D-Pad said:

Sword and Shield is available in the demo, if that's what you're talking about.

you just spend a lot of time, time that, with hard monster you dont have and the monster will probably hit you again while you run for an exit.

In others words, is not a good idea to run towards the closer exit, you would do better if you wait for an oppening then heal. Don't put away your weapon just to heal, put away your weapon and evade, jump over attacks and heal while the monster is recovering.

Tenbatsu

06.jpg

http://salon.p-nintendo.com/news/N-1064077693.html

jrricky

Banned
The official thread is going to disappoint even if he takes this long to make it, damn...

EDIT: I wonder if I should go to the launch party tomorrow at NWS?

D-Pad

Nintendo needs to open a NWS here in Atlanta, damn it. I want some cool swag too. :(

sotodefonk said:
you just spend a lot of time, time that, with hard monster you dont have and the monster will probably hit you again while you run for an exit.

In others words, is not a good idea to run towards the closer exit, you would do better if you wait for an oppening then heal. Don't put away your weapon just to heal, put away your weapon and evade, jump over attacks and heal while the monster is recovering.

Thanks for the advice. I try to do that most of the time, but sometimes*coughalotoftimes* I don't have a chance, and I have to book it to the next area.

Tenbatsu

D-Pad said:
Thanks for the advice. I try to do that most of the time, but sometimes*coughalotoftimes* I don't have a chance, and I have to book it to the next area.
Don't worry, sometimes I swallow my pride too:lol

I bet Luigiv is creating a guidebook rather than an official thread.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Woot I finally killed the Great whatever after on my fifth try. :D I can see how having friends in this game would help.

Does the difficulty scale depending on how many people are in your party?

Poyunch

Andrex said:
Woot I finally killed the Great whatever after on my fifth try. :D I can see how having friends in this game would help.

I don't know if it scales on number of players but quests that allow multiplayer players are definitely more difficult than single player quests.

Raging Spaniard

Andrex said:

Dunno how it works in Tri, but in the previous one, a multiplayer quest is harder than a single player quest .. however, the difficulty is the same regardless if its 2, 3 or 4 people (or so I think)

Tenbatsu

Raging Spaniard said:
Dunno how it works in Tri, but in the previous one, a multiplayer quest is harder than a single player quest .. however, the difficulty is the same regardless if its 2, 3 or 4 people (or so I think)
This is correct.

Is there anywhere you can still get the demo?

I played a bit of the Japanese game and liked it way back when I played it but since I decided to get SSF4 next week it's hard to justify spending for another game right away, especially when finals are right about here. If I do want it, it would be cheaper to get it now since Amazon has a pretty good deal.

Tenbatsu

PusherT said:
Does Cha Cha have a stamina guage too can he eat meat?
You are unable to see his gauge but he does have one. And yes you are able to give him meat to increase his stamina, power, health or to make him angry. He can perform dances too, similar to the hunting horn. You are able to change his mask for the many different effect and to equip skills on him.

Vizion28

Banned
I bit and bought the game.

I got it for about $50 (including shipping and handling) plus you get $10 credit toward your next video game purchse on Amazon. I also bought Mario Galaxy 2 where Amazon gives you $20 credit towards your next game. I will probably use the $30 credit towards Wii Points.

I doubt I would have bought if there wasn't such a sweet deal. I sure hope I made the right choice because I made a promise never to buy a 3rd party Wii game over $30 after being disappointed so many times. Even games that received good reviews and hype disappointed me or at least didn't reach my expectations (Madworld, Grand Slam Tennis, Deadspace Extraction, No More Heroes 2 etc.).

This will be first Monster Hunter game. I have WiiSpeak so this will also be first game using voice chat ever. I am curious to what the experience is like.

I hope you delivered Capcom.

Raging Spaniard

Vizion28 said:
I bit and bought the game.

I got it for about $50 (including shipping and handling) plus you get $10 credit toward your next video game purchse on Amazon. I also bought Mario Galaxy 2 where Amazon gives you $20 credit towards your next game. I will probably use the $30 credit towards Wii Points.

I doubt I would have bought if there wasn't such a sweet deal. I sure hope I made the right choice because I made a promise never to buy a 3rd party Wii game over $30 after being disappointed so many times. Even games that received good reviews and hype disappointed me or at least didn't reach my expectations (Madworld, Grand Slam Tennis, Deadspace Extraction, No More Heroes 2 etc.).

This will be first Monster Hunter game. I have WiiSpeak so this will also be first game using voice chat ever. I am curious to what the experience is like.

I hope you delivered Capcom.

Awesome, now go ahead and post in the Official Thread ;)

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I have an incredibly stupid question...

... where can I get a fishing rod? Or do I use a harpoon to catch fish?

Poyunch

Killed a Barroth all by myself a few hours ago. It was way easier than when fighting it in a group online. I didn't get to break any body parts though. :(

edit: Darn! Bumped thread tricked me.

Top Bottom