• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri Official Site Updated

ShinNL

I assume you want to speak for communication. If so, any other solution besides Wii Speak won't be heard by people other than the friend group you're playing with, including strangers you play with your friend group (4th player being a stranger for example).

So while I don't mind if you choose your own setups for your own friend group, I definitely don't recommend using any voice chat with strangers if it involves asking them to do stuff to hear you. Defeats the purpose of Wii Speak support (easy of use).

In Europe the Animal Crossing bundle is only €30 and in the US it's $30 for the Endless Ocean bundle, so those are good options if you think the stand-alone Wii Speak costs too much.

Teknoman

Unless you just plan on playing with a small/close set of people that will be using the same mode of communication for sure, Wii speak or USB keyboard will probably be the way to go.

Since i'm trying to branch out with GAF/randoms/few irl, i'll be going Wii speak, since you can still hear people whether or not you have the accessory.

Not shooting down the idea, but it kind of segments you off from the rest of MH3 community if you use a method of communication like XBL or Vent.

EDIT: Yeah pretty much what Son said.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm so on the fence about this game. It looks fantastic in every video I've seen, some environments in particular
snowy mountains?
have made me go, "Why hasn't a Zelda game looked like this?"

But then I hear horror stories of MH noobs hating the controls, or everything being too hardcore, and the fact that I'm low on money doesn't help... Plus I'm already waste-deep in hunting 'mons in SoulSilver...

Gah. Maybe I should finally play that demo disc I got and make a decision from that. :lol

d0c_zaius

I was able to get the controller version early, cant wait to play it this weekend.

Its available in LA and there are a number of copies around. Anyone thats gets it early and wants to play this weekend PM me. MH3333333333333333333333333!

d0c_zaius said:
I was able to get the controller version early, cant wait to play it this weekend.

Its available in LA and there are a number of copies around. Anyone thats gets it early and wants to play this weekend PM me. MH3333333333333333333333333!
YAY for you! I went around to the usual suspects to see if they leaked early but sadly no dice. However i think this is good news if it means ill be able to pick it up tuesday and not wednesday.

CheapChampagne

Neo Member
Tenbatsu said:
Finally, the only review that nailed it.

MH3 Rathalos Armor in LP2
2ngaqn8.jpg

23k3fia.jpg

1zoak91.jpg

REVIEWS
IGN UK - 9.3
ONM - 91%
Eurogamer - 9
Nintendo Power - 9
Gamesradar - 9
Ngamer - 89%
IGN - 8.8
GamesTM - 8
Edge - 7

=O Those pics are sick. LP2 is another game I'm pretty pumped for. --But I just recently found out my job wants me to be in Canada the 20th-23rd...... Sighhhhhhh. So excited for MH for ... I dunno... a year or so and now I have to wait even longer =(((

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Andrex said:
I'm so on the fence about this game. It looks fantastic in every video I've seen, some environments in particular
snowy mountains?
have made me go, "Why hasn't a Zelda game looked like this?"

But then I hear horror stories of MH noobs hating the controls, or everything being too hardcore, and the fact that I'm low on money doesn't help... Plus I'm already waste-deep in hunting 'mons in SoulSilver...

Gah. Maybe I should finally play that demo disc I got and make a decision from that. :lol

Its hard because it doesnt play like any other game, thus you need to learn it from the ground up. Takes a while to get the hang of it, but thats part of the fun too!

Question to those who have MH Freedom Unite for the PSP.

I'm thinking about getting that off of PSN. I love the idea of having it with me wherever I go. But I'm also getting the Wii version.

Should I just forget the PSP one and just play the Wii? You think I'd be wasting money by getting both?

gotee12

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Question to those who have MH Freedom Unite for the PSP.

I'm thinking about getting that off of PSN. I love the idea of having it with me wherever I go. But I'm also getting the Wii version.

Should I just forget the PSP one and just play the Wii? You think I'd be wasting money by getting both?
I can definitely say that I will not be able to dedicate enough time to both like I'd want. 23 hours in to MHFU and I've yet to start any 3* quests (I've opened them but I'm still grinding 2* quests for armor/weapons). When I get Tri I know I will dedicate the majority of my gaming time to it (of course work, the wife, etc. limits that game time). MHFU will become my travel/bedtime game (and that will last me forever).

If you haven't bought MHFU yet, I'd say wait for Tri, especially if you're in the US since it comes out Tuesday. If you do a lot of traveling or at least a lot of handheld gaming, then sure, get MHFU. But after Tri comes out, you're probably gonna be like me and devote the majority of your time to it.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
kafka rock opera said:
Anyone like myself that is probably starving for game information. http://www.justin.tv/evaxephon#r=07DL8Mg~ live stream going on he just picked it up from a store. REAL early on in the game.

edit: and of course when i post this. This dude is now live streaming his dinner. WELP.
This is pretty funny. He loses meet by dropping it and burns his meet. It's obvious he didn't play the demo or read the manual. He doesn't know how to combo either. Playing with the Wiimote! Wow this is almost unbearable but it's too funny watching someone so bad playing the game.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
So uh, I've never once even bothered looking into the direction of this series, and today I suddenly felt like I should give this game a good looking at and see how it is.

How exactly do these games play? Is there some sort of monthly fee? Wtf do you even do in this game?

I'd look up wiki and whatnot, but I feel as if a more personal response would get me a better idea of how this game works. So pardon my questioning.

jrricky

Banned
EvaPlusMinus said:
So uh, I've never once even bothered looking into the direction of this series, and today I suddenly felt like I should give this game a good looking at and see how it is.

How exactly do these games play? Is there some sort of monthly fee? Wtf do you even do in this game?

I'd look up wiki and whatnot, but I feel as if a more personal response would get me a better idea of how this game works. So pardon my questioning.
Well, Im going to be a newb when it launches, but what I can gather from the demo is that you are hunting down the biggest and baddest monsters to make the biggest and baddest weapons and gear, with friends. Online multi is free for the NA version.

gotee12 said:
I can definitely say that I will not be able to dedicate enough time to both like I'd want. 23 hours in to MHFU and I've yet to start any 3* quests (I've opened them but I'm still grinding 2* quests for armor/weapons). When I get Tri I know I will dedicate the majority of my gaming time to it (of course work, the wife, etc. limits that game time). MHFU will become my travel/bedtime game (and that will last me forever).

If you haven't bought MHFU yet, I'd say wait for Tri, especially if you're in the US since it comes out Tuesday. If you do a lot of traveling or at least a lot of handheld gaming, then sure, get MHFU. But after Tri comes out, you're probably gonna be like me and devote the majority of your time to it.
Alright. Thanks for the advice.

I do play handhelds often so I think it'll be a good investment.

But I have another dilemma. Capcom just announced the Monster Hunter Portable 3rd G, the new one! I hate it when they do this! :lol

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
EvaPlusMinus said:

Its kind of like Phantasy Star mixed with Diablo. No monthly fee.

You live in this village, you take quests from the village to hunt and gather shit, said shit gets tougher and more awesome as the game goes on, but you also get access to better armor and weapons, eventually shit turns so awesome that youre like OH MY FUCKING GOD I JUST CRASHED MY FUCKING HAMMER INTO THAT DRAGONS HEAD AND IT SPLIT OPEN HOLY FUCK YES GIVE ME YOUR LOOT MOTHERFUCKER.

Rinse and repeat with up to 3 friends <3

The key is that every weapon type in the game (and theres many!) handles like a completely different videogame, giving it a LOT of depth and personality of playstyle.

botticus

Shaheed79 said:
This is pretty funny. He loses meet by dropping it and burns his meet. It's obvious he didn't play the demo or read the manual. He doesn't know how to combo either. Playing with the Wiimote! Wow this is almost unbearable but it's too funny watching someone so bad playing the game.
I have a feeling you're going to be seeing a lot of that if you play with a good number of people here.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Raging Spaniard said:

You live in this village, you take quests from the village to hunt and gather shit, said shit gets tougher and more awesome as the game goes on, but you also get access to better armor and weapons, eventually shit turns so awesome that youre like OH MY FUCKING GOD I JUST CRASHED MY FUCKING HAMMER INTO THAT DRAGONS HEAD AND IT SPLIT OPEN HOLY FUCK YES GIVE ME YOUR LOOT MOTHERFUCKER.

The key is that every weapon in the game (and theres many!) handles like a completely different videogame, giving it a LOT of depth and personality of playstyle.

That actually sounds pretty fucking awesome.

Also, this is weird. I was just thinking about you, as I had a question involving artsy things. You mind if I PM you, sir?

I played the first Monster Hunter online for the PS2, I'm really considering buying this but I'm not sure if I'm willing to buy a new controller and a mic for it (how is the quality on the Wii Speak anyways?). I might have to wait for some impressions but I might just get it anyways since this series makes you feel so accomplished with the tiniest things and I really enjoyed my time with it.

Raging Spaniard

EvaPlusMinus said:
That actually sounds pretty fucking awesome.

Also, this is weird. I was just thinking about you, as I had a question involving artsy things. You mind if I PM you, sir?

Nah man I dont mind, hit me up, AIM works also.

Oh btw, the bit that makes this game unique is that it handles like its own game, it doesn't fall back on any other games control notions, so you have to spend the time to get used to it, also, theres no auto-locking to enemies (thank god!) because part of the challenge is to master the timing of your weapons attack in order to hit the enemy.

gotee12

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I do play handhelds often so I think it'll be a good investment.
Be prepared to get comfortable w/ the concept of finger hooking (otherwise known as "the claw"). It took about 5 hours of play before I got used to it but now it's second nature.

jrricky

Banned
holy shit, im panicking for the stupid guy playing :lol.:lol :lol

EDIT: what I absolutely dislike about the game is that you have to carve or dig multiple times to get the items from that monster or item. I dont get why they didnt just make you get worms X10 instead of diggin 10 times for them...

PusherT

Holy shit on the Justin TV live stream the guy just met Lagi for the first time underwater. The Lagicurus look fucking badass underwater fast and deadly:D . Royal Ludroth,Deviljho and Lagi can't wait till the 20th:D

Raging Spaniard said:

The key is that every weapon type in the game (and theres many!) handles like a completely different videogame, giving it a LOT of depth and personality of playstyle.

I read the bolded and instantly went to look up some gameplay videos. I played the hell out of PSO for the Dreamcast, as well as Diablo (the original).

Amazon has a decent deal up for it. $45 + $10 video-game credit... Can't complain about that. I'll probably just put the $10 towards a Classic Controller Pro or something; is it true that Wii Remote + Nunchuck option is generally seen as inferior for MHTri?

gotee12

Just saw a GameFly commercial on Adult Swim and the gamecase that had centermost attention at the end of the commercial was Tri. Cool...

PusherT

jrricky said:
holy shit, im panicking for the stupid guy playing :lol.:lol :lol

EDIT: what I absolutely dislike about the game is that you have to carve or dig multiple times to get the items from that monster or item. I dont get why they didnt just make you get worms X10 instead of diggin 10 times for them...
the guy on justin tv is an idiot, I wished he would have fought that lagi:D

PusherT

gotee12 said:
Just saw a GameFly commercial on Adult Swim and the gamecase that had centermost attention at the end of the commercial was Tri. Cool...
Gotee what are you going to be rocking GS,SnS,Hammer or bowgun, hopefully we can play together hunt some great jaggi

gotee12

PusherT said:
Gotee what are you going to be rocking GS,SnS,Hammer or bowgun, hopefully we can play together hunt some great jaggi
Most likely GS, LS, Hammer and Lance. At least that's what I use the most on the PSP.

Kyuur

So I've been playing the demo for the past little while with Dolphin emulator... Not too shabby with most of the weapons now (aside from bowguns, don't really like them )! I cannot figure out for the life of me how to take down Qurupeco with SnS though. Since it has such low range I can't hit the beak for more damage and I never can kill him in the time limit. :[ Any suggestions?

Raging Spaniard

Kyuur said:
So I've been playing the demo for the past little while with Dolphin emulator... Not too shabby with most of the weapons now (aside from bowguns, don't really like them )! I cannot figure out for the life of me how to take down Qurupeco with SnS though. Since it has such low range I can't hit the beak for more damage and I never can kill him in the time limit. :[ Any suggestions?

I havent played the demo but the idea with SnS is to stay the fuck away, wait for an opening, do a couple of quick attacks and bail the fuck out, rinse, repeat

Yeah the guy on the stream is real bad but its still fun to watch. Im pretty certain hes gonna rage quit this soon.

edit : Annnnnd its over. called it :) Wow it appears he really doesnt like the game haha

PusherT

kafka rock opera said:
Yeah the guy on the stream is real bad but its still fun to watch. Im pretty certain hes gonna rage quit this soon.

edit : Annnnnd its over. called it :) Wow it appears he really doesnt like the game haha
That shit was one big troll and then he put on Neir I raged so hard, the guy is a idiot for sure

jrricky

Banned
kafka rock opera said:

haha, he did, and started to play....NIER!!! LMFAO.:lol :lol :lol :lol

PusherT said:
That shit was one big troll and then he put on Neir I raged so hard, the guy is a idiot for sure
Yeah hes an absolute troll thats for sure. But he has MH3 and i dont :(. He likened it to superman 64 which made me laugh. But it just goes to show you some people do 0 research before buying a game.

jrricky

Banned
kafka rock opera said:
Yeah hes an absolute troll thats for sure. But he has MH3 and i dont :(. He likened it to superman 64 which made me laugh. But it just goes to show you some people do 0 research before buying a game.
I doubt he bought it...

Where the hell did he get Niew BTW, has it been released?

PusherT

There been alot of question about MH tri on gaf, I hope Lugiev get the official thread done by this weekend, it is getting kind of late espeically a game with this many little gameplay detail and nuiances:D

jrricky

Banned
PusherT said:
There been alot of question about MH tri on gaf, I hope Lugiev get the official thread done by this weekend, it is getting kind of late espeically a game with this many little gameplay detail and nuiances:D
Yea, WTF is up with that. What is he making that he cant add to later?

Raging Spaniard

Just so you know I gave him the artwork a few days ago so this one aint my fault :p (The SSFIV one however ...)

jrricky said:
I doubt he bought it...

Where the hell did he get Niew BTW, has it been released?
OH :( i guess its like that. Also the stream has now ended square triangle.

I also EAGERLY anticipate the official thread. We are counting on you luigiv!

Tenbatsu

LUIGIV DAM YOU WITH YOUR LATE THREAD!

EvaPlusMinus said:
MH3 Overview trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYX6v_JQPwM

Monster Hunter Tri Launch Event Tomorrow at NYC Nintendo World Store!
A big reminder to all you Monster Hunter fans in the New York City area: we're going to be holding our Monster Hunter Tri launch party at the Nintendo World store tomorrow from 11AM - 3PM and we want YOU to go! You will get:

+ a first look at exclusive post launch content. New quests!

+ to meet the Producer and Director. Signed posters Available! (one per customer, while supplies last)

+ compete in two player Arena Quest battles with exclusive Monster Hunter Tri prizes!

+ demo the game. Single player, two player and four player!

+ And more!

Monster Hunter fans in New York will receive an early look at special event quest content during the Monster Hunter Tri launch event at the Nintendo World store on April 17, 2010. Celebrating the launch of Monster Hunter Tri, consumers visiting the store will have the opportunity to get their first taste of online and co-op hunting before the game release on April 20th, as well as participate in a two player battle for special Monster Hunter Tri prizes, Monster Hunter and video game fans will also have the unique opportunity to meet the producer Ryozo Tsujimoto and director Kaname Fujioka.

Our resident Monster Hunter expert and community man, Snow will be there, so be sure to stop by and say hi!

Hit the jump for a special behind the scenes set up picture!
http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/blog/2010/04/16/monster_hunter_tri_launch_event_tomorrow_at_nyc_nintendo_world_store!

Now we are actually requesting Luigiv's head? :lol

RELEASE THIS SHIT ALREADY! It's been a loooong time since I felt this way for a game (Paper Mario TTYD).

Top Bottom