• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri Official Site Updated

Pancho

Qurupancho
Probably been asked a few times, but can you play this with a gamecube controller? And if it's possible, in which controller does the game play better? GC or Wii controller?

robox

john tv said:
I'd really like to read the NP review -- does anyone here have it by any chance?

I'm really glad IGN mentioned the NPCs. We worked really hard on Tri to make the localization stand out from the previous games. I realize nobody plays MH for the story, but it's definitely polished this time! :)

the instructor at the training school is totally awesome in f2/u.
not to mention that angry woman in the guild hall...

but yeah, i'll be sure to pay more attention to the dialogue in tree.

NoRéN said:
Damn, I feel stupid for waiting. Amazon is not taking pre-orders either.
Well, good thing Iwata Asks came out last week when Amazon still had the bundle since that's what caused me to preorder it (well that and I haven't bought any games for at least 3 months, time to get something). Although regular + CCPro is only $5 more so I guess it didn't save me too much.

Poyunch

Pancho said:
Probably been asked a few times, but can you play this with a gamecube controller? And if it's possible, in which controller does the game play better? GC or Wii controller?
It doesn't.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
JohnTV worked on mhtri?
This forum just gets more amazing by the day.

Pre-ordered my bundle a while back, so when 420 comes (my birthday) all will be just swell.

r - b - x said:
the instructor at the training school is totally awesome in f2/u.
not to mention that angry woman in the guild hall...

but yeah, i'll be sure to pay more attention to the dialogue in tree.

if its who i think it is, shes more of a hater at my skills, i look forward to her insults though :lol

gotee12

Broke down and bought Endless Ocean: Blue World/Wii Speak bundle. $30 for a Wii Speak with a game was a better choice than $20 without a game. So much for being a cheap SOB.

I'm ready for the 20th my fellow GAF noobs! We'll make popo's and anteka's everywhere tremble in fear of our noobish ways! :D

ShinNL

gotee12 said:
Broke down and bought Endless Ocean: Blue World/Wii Speak bundle. $30 for a Wii Speak with a game was a better choice than $20 without a game. So much for being a cheap SOB.

I'm ready for the 20th my fellow GAF noobs! We'll make popo's and anteka's everywhere tremble in fear of our noobish ways! :D
I'm proud of you :)
You won't regret it :D

Pancho

Qurupancho
My hype for this game when from 0 to 10000000 overnight! My first MH was MHU and I didn't play it as much, so I probably still count as a noob :lol

Fine. You guys win. Ill pick up my wii speak when i get the game next tuesday. Yall better get ready to hear my extreme rage when i die.

Where ma official thread at? :(

ShinNL

kafka rock opera said:
Fine. You guys win. Ill pick up my wii speak when i get the game next tuesday. Yall better get ready to hear my extreme rage when i die.

Where ma official thread at? :(
Awesome ;D

Every time someone chooses to get Wii Speak for this game is a plus, I love it :D

Schwabe said:
Unboxing the ultimate Hunter Edition (EU). Sadly it's not my Video :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P8p76GPmpc
Haha :lol
I thought the boxy chest was some 3D render, I wouldn't have guessed it would actually be the box. It looks so silly, haha xD

gotee12

Reknoc said:
Well the figure thing is as crap as expected. Still a pretty decent bundle though.
Yep. I would've expected the mini-bust to have been a little larger and made from molded plastic, not cheap silicone or rubber or whatever that was. I don't feel so slighted now haven't not gotten this bundle in the States!

gotee12 said:
Yep. I would've expected the mini-bust to have been a little larger and made from molded plastic, not cheap silicone or rubber or whatever that was. I don't feel so slighted now haven't not gotten this bundle in the States!

Same. Isn't it an extra $10 worth?

ShinNL

They're all kind of reviewing without actually really having played the online part, right? Since no one is mentioning that this is the first Wii title that features friend-code-less online with full communication. Kind of robs that last bit of extra score that it could get.

So there are reports of Wal-Marts breaking street date.
qqtpr.jpg

JMnZJ.jpg

What I'm most curious about is how many characters they allow hunters' names to be in the US release.

man whoever is making the official thread better put some kind of guide together

i see all these menus and stuff and it doesn't look like any menu system I've ever used it's all like whaaaaaat

Tenbatsu

Soneet said:
They're all kind of reviewing without actually really having played the online part, right? Since no one is mentioning that this is the first Wii title that features friend-code-less online with full communication. Kind of robs that last bit of extra score that it could get.
Only IGN did I think. But still ended with an even lower score of 8.8.

dominuece

EmCeeGramr said:
man whoever is making the official thread better put some kind of guide together

i see all these menus and stuff and it doesn't look like any menu system I've ever used it's all like whaaaaaat

I agree. I'm gonna need to spend so much time learning what everything is. (I'm a MH newbie, but I'm excited about this!)

Luigiv

EmCeeGramr said:

Well first I have to apologise to everyone that it's not up already. I've been unexpectedly busy the past couple of days and haven't had the time to finish it (it's fairly close though).

As for EmCeeGramr's problem, No I will not be writing a full guide myself but I will be linking to multiple online resources, that will eventually provide you with guides galore.

Tenbatsu said:
Only IGN did I think. But still ended with an even lower score of 8.8.
That's because the European servers aren't up yet, but the NA ones are. So far IGN is the only NA source (other then NP) to put up a review.

Littlegator said:
So there are reports of Wal-Marts breaking street date.
http://imgur.com/qqtpr.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://imgur.com/JMnZJ.jpg[IMG]

What I'm most curious about is how many characters they allow hunters' names to be in the US release.[/QUOTE]
Any word on where exactly these Walmarts are located? Where did you find this info? :D

Unfortunately, the reports are from GameFAQs. :lol

Game Play 10937 Venice Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA - (310) 842-7776
Game Play 6543 East Spring Street, Long Beach, CA - (562) 421-6880
Wal-Mart in Woodhaven, MI
Wal-Mart in Duarte, CA
Wal-Mart in Vancouver, BC

Littlegator said:
Unfortunately, the reports are from GameFAQs. :lol

Game Play 10937 Venice Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA - (310) 842-7776
Game Play 6543 East Spring Street, Long Beach, CA - (562) 421-6880
Wal-Mart in Woodhaven, MI
Wal-Mart in Duarte, CA
Wal-Mart in Vancouver, BC

Hope for Canadians then! :D

As far as I know, Wal-Mart's scanners notify the cashiers if an item hasn't reached its street date. It's probably an error in the entire system, because there definitely shouldn't be as many reports as there are.

dominuece

Luigiv said:
Well first I have to apologise to everyone that it's not up already. I've been unexpectedly busy the past couple of days and haven't had the time to finish it (it's fairly close though).

No worries :D

Luigiv said:
As for EmCeeGramr's problem, No I will not be writing a full guide myself but I will be linking to multiple online resources, that will eventually provide you with guides galore.

Awesome!

Chris R

Anyone still want a demo disc? Tried it out finally after it arrived in the mail a few weeks back... definitely still not my game (PSP demo should have told me that :lol ) No clue how much shipping would cost though.

gotee12

Littlegator said:
As far as I know, Wal-Mart's scanners notify the cashiers if an item hasn't reached its street date. It's probably an error in the entire system, because there definitely shouldn't be as many reports as there are.
Yep. I've almost scored a pre-release date game a couple times from Walmart only to be foiled by their point of sale system. Guess Walmart knows better than to rely on the 60+ year old work force that mans the electronics in my local Walmart.

But if they are being sold, it is a bug of some kind in Walmarts system. MH3 has never had an earlier release date has it? If it has been changed at some point to April 20th and it was previously set to release earlier, that could explain why Walmart's are selling early...

MagicRub25

Neo Member
Weird question. I was wondering if it is possible to move monster hunter saves from one wii to another? I'm going to be staying with my girlfriend on 4/20 and wanted to play some MH while she is in class but I don't want to put time in if I'm not going to be able to continue at my house.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
MagicRub25 said:
Weird question. I was wondering if it is possible to move monster hunter saves from one wii to another? I'm going to be staying with my girlfriend on 4/20 and wanted to play some MH while she is in class but I don't want to put time in if I'm not going to be able to continue at my house.

Pretty much all online Wii games have their saves locked to the system.

So most likely, no.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Seraphis Cain said:
Pretty much all online Wii games have their saves locked to the system.

So most likely, no.

I've read you can load your character/save onto a Wiimote itself to take to a friend's console. They probably did this in order to encourage the two player local split screen arena questing.

jrricky

Banned
Who the hell is making the Official Thread? Are they making some masterpiece or something? Everytime I come home and see no official thread I feel insulted a little (since Im a newb)...

EDIT: I just saw my bundled copy of MH3 in Gamestop's backroom, but unfortunately I cant take yet...

Top Bottom