• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
So probably a real stupid question but...you can upgrade/forge weapons and armour both offline and online right? Is there any difference, i.e are certain armours only available online?

Nicktals

Banned
Hawkian said:
Heh, just for fun, it means the d-pad on the remote, not on the controller.

seriously?? Well, that doesn't even seem like an option.

I had a great time online last night. First time fighting a barroth, and we killed him. Next two tries we got handled...It's really frustrating being the last one to die. Knowing you're so close...grr...going to load up and take that sucker on again tonight.

EDIT:
schuelma said:
So probably a real stupid question but...you can upgrade/forge weapons and armour both offline and online right? Is there any difference, i.e are certain armours only available online?

Yes you can upgrade/forge both on and off...and no, i'm almost positive there isn't a difference.

dsister44 said:
do you mean rol orthe guy who helped us with the Lagiacrus?
Yeah, i mean that rol guy. I'm not blaming him for not being good at the game or for being insecure as hell. It's just that the attention whoring was tiresome.

dsister44 said:
either way it was awesome when we really started to click.
Yeah, we were working ok as a team eventually.

dsister44 said:
I was being thrown into the air far less in the second half of the night.
Me too, but far less than half the time isnt saying much!!! :)

dsister44 said:
That said we all had times where we fucked up, I went through that bad spell wherei kept getting fireballed, plus I was the only one to die against the great baggi and the Lagiacrus which was embarrassing. Also i think i got a little too obsessed with using bombs:lol

ill stop using them from now on if you want :) up for playing tonight?
Yeah well, i was doing pretty awful at some points. You werent too bad. Just a little too enthusiastic!
And bombs are fine, you should keep using them! I only brought it up cause you would do it every chance you got and were warning with text, yet it took the other guys a cple of goddamned HOURS to realize they were fucking your shit up by waking up the monster right away. :)

Edit: I'll be on later today. I played a bit offline, got access to the volcano. Was hoping to get the opportunity to forge a new LS maybe, but no dice. I need to go run some errands, i'll be online in a cple of hours.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
schuelma said:

No difference, but something might unlock online before offline. I had LS unlocked online way before I had them unlocked offline.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
commish said:
No difference, but something might unlock online before offline. I had LS unlocked online way before I had them unlocked offline.

Thanks

So I heard there's a new event quest, but I can't see it. I did the the first quest with all the charms as a reward before, but it does not tell me I've "Done" it, which I assume is because I was not the initiator of the quest. Is that the reason why I cannot do the second event quest? Or is it just not yet available for EU players? :I

Remfin

slaughterking said:
So I heard there's a new event quest, but I can't see it. I did the the first quest with all the charms as a reward before, but it does not tell me I've "Done" it, which I assume is because I was not the initiator of the quest. Is that the reason why I cannot do the second event quest? Or is it just not yet available for EU players? :I
Since EU launched later they'll probably change it later. And Event Quests are never marked Done. Farm those charms while you can!

Here is some advice for those of you who like to go on quests while waiting for people to show up in your city- change your online settings so that you can see messages while you are questing.

This is even more important when you go on a quest when there are 3 people already on a quest. If you don't return in about a minute after they've returned, most people will leave your city so that they can open up a slot.

PS. I am really tired of doing barroth and one star quests at this point. :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lance Bone Path said:
Here is some advice for those of you who like to go on quests while waiting for people to show up in your city- change your online settings so that you can see messages while you are questing.
:(

What amazing everyone do this.

Nicktals

Banned
Lance Bone Path said:
PS. I am really tired of doing barroth and one star quests at this point. :(

Can't you open up a room with an HR limit?

Because seriously it's better than having people join you on quests who don't want to, and are just in a rush to get it over. Especially people new to online.

dsister44

Fistwell said:
Yeah, i mean that rol guy. I'm not blaming him for not being good at the game or for being insecure as hell. It's just that the attention whoring was tiresome.

Yeah, we were working ok as a team eventually.

Me too, but far less than half the time isnt saying much!!! :)

Yeah well, i was doing pretty awful at some points. You werent too bad. Just a little too enthusiastic!
And bombs are fine, you should keep using them! I only brought it up cause you would do it every chance you got and were warning with text, yet it took the other guys a cple of goddamned HOURS to realize they were fucking your shit up by waking up the monster right away. :)

Edit: I'll be on later today. I played a bit offline, got access to the volcano. Was hoping to get the opportunity to forge a new LS maybe, but no dice. I need to go run some errands, i'll be online in a cple of hours.

Yeah i was getting a bit pissed that they wouldn't let the god damm thing fall asleep, status affects are the only way i can do any real damage

As for rol, i'm not sure if it was attention whoring or just the fact that it was his first night using a keyboard. I really should get a USB keyboard myself, takes me forever to say anything

Ridley327

Think I might be going on here real quick to do the Jaggi event a couple more times. That helmet you can craft sounds totally sweet.

selig

Banned
wow, online-barroth urgent quest is a bitch. failed the quest three times now with 2 other guys. guess sword and shield ist crap against him, but...that´s what i am...a sword and shield-warrior!

dsister44 said:
As for rol, i'm not sure if it was attention whoring
"HEY GUAïS! Wait for me, i absolutely NEED to change armor YET AGAIN! Check this one out! It's fucking beautiful! LOOK AT ME GODDAMIT!!!" :)
Jokes aside, i'll b online in a few.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
selig said:
wow, online-barroth urgent quest is a bitch. failed the quest three times now with 2 other guys. guess sword and shield ist crap against him, but...that´s what i am...a sword and shield-warrior!
Hey, can i join you?

commish

selig said:

Use a lance for him. Ditch the sword and shield.

botticus

Remfin said:
Since EU launched later they'll probably change it later. And Event Quests are never marked Done. Farm those charms while you can!
I got way more charms from the Jaggi quest than I did the first event quest.

I'm debating going for 4 more Jaggi Heads - takes 3 to craft and it can be upgraded with 5. And I'd probably be up to HR9 and beyond by the time I got them. Maybe if I have Sunday free.

selig

Banned
Finally beat that Barroth, haha, awesome group. Then I found out, that you only get to HR9, if YOU are the quest-giver, so I asked these guys if we could kill a Barroth again...no problem. Awesome game, awesome players :D

JudgeN

I take back what I said about Rathalos, fuck this mother fucking dragon. Beat him easy the first time, went to farm him again and got lost the quest twice after fighting 30 hard minutes. Fuck you to death you piece of shit, and give me your fucking plate :lol

Something I always wondered do you get more rewards at the end of a quest for capturing the monster? Example you get rewards for breaking parts off monsters, there is also a special bonus for capturing the monster but outside of those rewards are the items that appear in the victory screen random? (I hope this makes sense).

Ridley327

It may have taken up nearly all of the money I had, but I do not regret forging the Jaggi Helmet one bit. It's so awesome. :lol :lol :lol

botticus

Ridley327 said:
It may have taken up nearly all of the money I had, but I do not regret forging the Jaggi Helmet one bit. It's so awesome. :lol :lol :lol
:lol I have 29,997z and I know where that's going once I have 3 more.

I'll give up my Autotracker to do further Jaggi quests wearing full Jaggi armor including head.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm on the Barroth now in single player. I gave him one try, and although I had him limping and sleeping, I couldn't do enough damage before time ran out. I'm using a very dull (but powerful) hammer right now, and it's eating up a lot of time and Whetstones to sharpen it. I might go back to the Great Sword for this one, which will also let me chop of his tail.

My hammer does hit his 'uncovered' fire weakness apparently, but I'm hoping the Great Sword will be able to land a few more hits, and not dull as fast.

I've only done two online quest so far. The mushroom hunt by myself, and the Great Jaggi quest with another random player. Great Jaggi lasted about five minutes. After the first encounter, he ran back to his cave to rest, and we finished him quickly after.

DataBot

Nisa65 said:
Also tried to fight Jhen Mohran with a friend twice last night and once solo, failed miserably. Is it doable with 2 people at HR 30 or is it best to have at least 3 people fighting it?

Did ya kill Jhen?
Im also rank 30 didnt try him yet, but maybe we can help each other.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I screwed up bad. I've been distracted, from this wonderful game, breaking in my 4890 graphics card (Crysis mods and sandbox are SO much more fun at 60fps as is Just Cause 2.) Anyway I've been neglecting Tri and now I'm waaaaaaaaay behind you guys. Hopefully in a week I will be good enough to join some gafers in a quest or two but right now I'm still a novice who hasn't even decided on a main weapon class yet. I hope I will get a chance to play with the likes of John (translation king) tv and Tenbatsu when I become good enough but I've got a long ways to go.

Now that I think about it this is Evilore's fault for making that Chaos Physics 6.0 topic.

commish

DataBot said:
Ok ill try to join a HR 30+ group maybe they will help.

start a room in the recruiting servers, and list the goal as jhen. Should fill up, depending on the time and day. I can help you later with it if you don't get it done.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Shaheed79 said:
I screwed up bad. I've been distracted, from this wonderful game, breaking in my 4890 graphics card (Crysis mods and sandbox are SO much more fun at 60fps as is Just Cause 2.) Anyway I've been neglecting Tri and now I'm waaaaaaaaay behind you guys. Hopefully in a week I will be good enough to join some gafers in a quest or two but right now I'm still a novice who hasn't even decided on a main weapon class yet. I hope I will get a chance to play with the likes of John (translation king) tv and Tenbatsu when I become good enough but I've got a long ways to go.

Now that I think about it this is Evilore's fault for making that Chaos Physics 6.0 topic.

How did that run on your 4890?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
What do the current event quests hand out? I'm only HR 2, wondering if I should grind a little online, or play TF2/grind my offline character.

this game is so mean ;_;

"oh that repelling lagiacrus mission was pretty easy, i fucked up his tail and face, the real mission can't be that much harder"

then capcom jumped out of my wii and murdered my family

also i just wanna make a freaking long sword or new switch axe :(

Ridley327

Lyphen said:
What do the current event quests hand out? I'm only HR 2, wondering if I should grind a little online, or play TF2/grind my offline character.

Four Jaggi Play hands out a bounty of Great Jaggi mats, but the most important thing is that it also hands out the event-specific Great Jaggi Head, which you can use to forge the Jaggi Helmet. The Jaggi Helmet gives you +10 Fate (a chance at getting more Quest Rewards), as well as giving you the appearance of wearing a goddamn Jaggi's head on your person. I cannot overstate how awesome that is.

john tv

Ridley327 said:
Four Jaggi Play hands out a bounty of Great Jaggi mats, but the most important thing is that it also hands out the event-specific Great Jaggi Head, which you can use to forge the Jaggi Helmet. The Jaggi Helmet gives you +10 Fate (a chance at getting more Quest Rewards), as well as giving you the appearance of wearing a goddamn Jaggi's head on your person. I cannot overstate how awesome that is.
It is indeed super rad-looking...but it costs 30,000z :eek:

Start savin' those zennys ;p

Top Bottom