• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Defunkled

Hope this hasn't been asked before, but is anyone buying a LAN Adapter just for this game? I have a pretty good wireless connection, but the last thing I want to happen is a DC during a big quest. Is the official Nintendo adapter the way to go? Or do the third party adapters work just as well?

shoplifter

Khezu said:
"Ashly" from gamestop just called me, says I can pick up MH3 tomorrow evening at 12. That doesn't sound right, I don't preorder a lot of games, or really buy them new, but shouldn't I be able to pick up during the day? Or was "she" supposed to call me yesterday?

Yeah I dunno what the hell, the way it was worded sounded like they're doing a midnight release tonight at my store. I have no clue, I guess I'll have to call the store.

My bundle just shipped from Gamestop today. Should have by the end of the week or Monday at the latest. I usually don't order online from Gamestop, but the bundle with pre-order bonuses for $47 plus tax is too good to pass up.

This is more of a Wii Speak question than a MH3 question, I suppose, but hopefully those here can help.

I currently have neither Wii Speak or a USB keyboard, and would like to be able to communicate with others, obviously. The issue is, I live with 3 other people and our Wii is in the living room where we tend to all hang out, so Wii Speak might be kind of a pain in the ass since it'll pick up all of my roommate's chatter all the the time, right? I'm thinking a USB keyboard might be my best option. I know some were mentioned earlier in this thread, but the wireless ones are more expensive than I really want to spend (seem to all be ~$30).

Are there any USB wired keyboards with cords that are ~15 feet or more? I'm having trouble locating any, and may have to resort to a wireless keyboard.

Schwabe said:
osu6ox.gif

fernoca

Soka said:
This is more of a Wii Speak question than a MH3 question, I suppose, but hopefully those here can help.

I currently have neither Wii Speak or a USB keyboard, and would like to be able to communicate with others, obviously. The issue is, I live with 3 other people and our Wii is in the living room where we tend to all hang out, so Wii Speak might be kind of a pain in the ass since it'll pick up all of my roommate's chatter all the the time, right? I'm thinking a USB keyboard might be my best option. I know some were mentioned earlier in this thread, but the wireless ones are more expensive than I really want to spend (seem to all be ~$30).

Are there any USB wired keyboards with cords that are ~15 feet or more? I'm having trouble locating any, and may have to resort to a wireless keyboard.
Well, (which I just got)mine is this one:

11lpxro.jpg

Official, wireless and for $17.80 (shipped free because I ordered it along with a 2 year subscription for Nintendo Power for $19.95)..

Teknoman

Bam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gafmh3

EDIT: Yeah Wiispeak will most likely pick up anything in your living room/playing area. Its pretty clear too, but i'm not sure if its always on when playing MH3.

Also anyone who wants to be an officer should probably send a message. Have it set so anyone can add announcements/events/messages.

Hiltz

Got a call from GameStop today about my pre-order available for pick up tomorrow. The thing is, I may have to drive my dad around down town (he can't drive himself anymore) all day.

I don't know why, but it almost always seems like something has to happen to prevent me from picking up games on their first day of release. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to get my sister to do it so I can pick the game up ASAP.

Woo! Joined. I hope people use it. Im on steam pretty much at all times so feel free to send me a message. be warned though ive been known to my name a lot for laughs.

edit : Oh and i forgot to remind you guys to make use of the steam chat room as well!

Mafro

Joined.

I did original just order the stand alone game, but I changed my mind and ordered the chest special edition with the Wii Speak, CCPro and stuff.

Dreavus

Teknoman said:
Bam.

EDIT: Yeah Wiispeak will most likely pick up anything in your living room/playing area. Its pretty clear too, but i'm not sure if its always on when playing MH3.

Also anyone who wants to be an officer should probably send a message. Have it set so anyone can add announcements/events/messages.

Joined. Even though it's out tomorrow I won't be playing a lot until next week. :p

Oxx

GAME sent me a flyer in the post trying to get me to pre-order the game. They seem to be pushing it pretty hard. I'm not sure if I have ever received anything Wii-related from them.

dani_dc

For those living in Europe, is Game the only store that's doing the Rathalos figurine preorder?

I haven't seen any of the stores in my country announcing it (or the game) and Game.co.uk doesn't seen to send the Rathalos figurine to anyone outside of the UK :\

Mafro

Gamestation are giving it away as well, but they are owned by GAME so their shipping policies may be the same.

ShinNL

Teknoman said:
Bam.

Nice job Tekno. I'll use my 1st post on 2nd page to add all community info.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20812747#post20812747

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
sonicspear64 said:
My bundle just shipped from Gamestop today. Should have by the end of the week or Monday at the latest. I usually don't order online from Gamestop, but the bundle with pre-order bonuses for $47 plus tax is too good to pass up.

That cannot be the bundle. I'm sorry. :-[ Link?

Teknoman

There were some coupons on CAG awhile ago, plus if you preordered it you get 10 dollars off. My bundle came out to $46.74 with free shipping.

EDIT: Awesome, its shipping via USPS from Gamestop, which is new because they usually use UPS.

John Harker said:
awesome trailer! great song.

Has/Is anyone buying a Wii just for this game?
Curiosity, if so, are you planning on picking up any other Wii titles?

Two of my friends are buying Wiis just for this.

Other Wii titles? A Boy and His Blob for my daughter.

Teknoman

If they're fans of fighting games, that CCpro will go great with Tatsunoko vs Capcom. I know thats how i'm making my TvC online comeback :lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm saying I don't even see the bundle on the Gamestop website. I guess it's just not available anymore. Bummer.

For some reason the bundle on Amazon costs... more than retail?

Both the bundle and regular game on Amazon come with $10 gift certificates for games, and I already have some of those from GOWIII and Just Cause 2, so I might go for that. But I don't know about the bundle...

Anybody know the cheapest place available to get it now?

Teknoman

Hawkian said:
I'm saying I don't even see the bundle on the Gamestop website. I guess it's just not available anymore. Bummer.

For some reason the bundle on Amazon costs... more than retail?

Both the bundle and regular game on Amazon come with $10 gift certificates for games, and I already have some of those from GOWIII and Just Cause 2, so I might go for that. But I don't know about the bundle...

Anybody know the cheapest place available to get it now?

Looks like Amazon and Gamestop ran out of bundles...the place Amazon's bundle has listed is some Beach Shop Games store. I'll see what I can find.

I got so lucky with Amazon. They took down the MH3 bundle once but luckily it came back up once and I placed my order before they took it off again.

Looks like my game has shipped and I'll have it tomorrow too!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ah yeah, that makes sense. The bundle listed from Beach whatever is $63 + $8.47 shipping. Truly one of the worst deals I've ever seen.

But this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002BRYXOO/?tag=neogaf0e-20 is $44.99 and a $10 gift card. I may just do that and then see if my life would be greatly improved by a classic controller or not later.

I'm gonna have to shell out to get some adapters to hook up the Wii to my PC monitor so I'm all about saving on this...

Poyunch

Can I start with the Switch Axe? I heard there was a transitional thing with the game where you start out with certain weapons then move on to the more complicated ones. If not I'll probably focus on Switch Axe as my primary and SnS for my secondary choice if I need to be more defensive.

PounchEnvy said:
Can I start with the Switch Axe? I heard there was a transitional thing with the game where you start out with certain weapons then move on to the more complicated ones. If not I'll probably focus on Switch Axe as my primary and SnS for my secondary choice if I need to be more defensive.

No. The village elder will give you access to it after the 2* quests or something.

John Harker said:
awesome trailer! great song.

Has/Is anyone buying a Wii just for this game?
Curiosity, if so, are you planning on picking up any other Wii titles?

I bought a Wii last Monday just to play this game. I pre-ordered this game that day as well. I've never played any of the previous titles either. It just seemed like something that would be a blast to play, plus I'm a loot whore, so this game looks right up my ally. If I pick up any other Wii titles it will be Metroid and the Zelda game that came out during the launch. The only other thing I bought was a Wii Speak and that controller that comes with the monster hunter bundle.

I have a question though - Will buying the Wii component cables make any difference in the quality of the Wii's picture on my lcd?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It seems I cannot eject Rock Band from my Wii.

The mechanism spins up and makes noises like it will eject, then doesn't.

Serves me right for waiting so long to try out my Wii again. Sigh. So much for this I guess.

Teknoman said:
...what the hell was that at the end of the launch trailer?!

Water serpent elder god thing. Think Lao Shan Lun from the previous games. It travels through a special areas just for it where you can attack it then face off against it at the last special underwater cavern area.

gotee12

Dr. Acid Avatar said:
I have a question though - Will buying the Wii component cables make any difference in the quality of the Wii's picture on my lcd?
It does for me. Makes things brighter and much sharper on my Vizio. Then again when things are sharper, it's much easier to notice the jaggies...

Teknoman

Hawkian said:
It seems I cannot eject Rock Band from my Wii.

The mechanism spins up and makes noises like it will eject, then doesn't.

Serves me right for waiting so long to try out my Wii again. Sigh. So much for this I guess.

Thats a strange problem...dont think just sitting there would cause it though.

Question for those who have played around with Switch Axe:

I see in videos players switching to Sword mode in the middle of a combo, but I can't figure out how to do it myself. I'm using Classic Controller style 1 (PSP).

gotee12 said:
It does for me. Makes things brighter and much sharper on my Vizio. Then again when things are sharper, it's much easier to notice the jaggies...
I still GREATLY prefer my component. 10 dollars well spent. Man i cant wait as soon as i get off work tomorrow my addiction begins.

And for the switchaxe you need to mash R while you are swinging at least thats how i did it.

Nisa65

Gamer @ Heart said:
Water serpent elder god thing. Think Lao Shan Lun from the previous games. It travels through a special areas just for it where you can attack it then face off against it at the last special underwater cavern area.

It also has the best music in the game when you hunt it.

kafka rock opera said:
And for the switchaxe you need to mash R while you are swinging at least thats how i did it.
Thanks for the reply but I'm not having any luck. I mash R while performing the entire combo and it never switches.

Sykotik

As far as I know it only works on certain attacks. For me, it works on the second hit of the un-sheath attack, and the first hit of the hold-forward-X attack.

gotee12

kafka rock opera said:
I still GREATLY prefer my component. 10 dollars well spent. Man i cant wait as soon as i get off work tomorrow my addiction begins.
You know I've been using my component cables for over a year and I still can't decide which I like better. Composite is definitely not as sharp and clear but not being as sharp makes things look less jaggie. At the same time components make everything super sharp but then it's easier to notice the jaggies.

Man I'm obscure sometimes...

Top Bottom