• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate announced for Wii U/3DS, coming to West, no 3DS online

Ultratech

So I see they've undoubtedly changed up some of the monster names...

Urcusis = Lagombi (Uh...I guess?)
Bracchidios = Brachydios (Kinda close to the original.)
Doboruberuku = Duramboros (I kinda like this change.)
Jinouga = Zinogre (WHY?!)

john tv

Zinogre has been Zinogre since day 1, for better or for worse. That was what the dev team wanted.

I think (hope?) peeps will be happy with the names. I am!

Ultratech

Zinogre has been Zinogre since day 1, for better or for worse. That was what the dev team wanted.

I think (hope?) peeps will be happy with the names. I am!

Yeah, when I found about it, I did some digging to find out why they went with that particular name.

Makes sense why it was made that, but I guess I'm just too used to Jinouga, despite it being technically unofficial and all that.

Kacho

Not a fan of the name changes. Bummer.

Codeblue

Not bad.

What's the rationalization for Urcusis -> Lagombi though?

ShinNL

As long as we don't have that Barroth and Barioth mess I'm fine.

Seriously, what were you guys smoking back then :p? "Let's hunt some bar!"... oh shit, I can't type that. Bari? Barro? Roth?

No seriously, that was just bad naming no matter how you look at it D:

And we can't call them Ian and Los like with the Raths, since they're not the same family.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
New York Comic Con trailer is up guys :) Contains Wii U footage too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wkQGEpRgL0

So, yeah, March...

1012_frozen-last-breath.jpg

Apenheul

New York Comic Con trailer is up guys :) Contains Wii U footage too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wkQGEpRgL0

Nice to see some footage of the Wii U game, as a port of a handheld game it's expected that texture resolutions are quite low in certain places and the visuals are desaturated to some degree, but the lighting and self-shadowing on the monsters looks really good at 1080p. Hopefully it runs at a good framerate as well.

As soon as this comes out I'll buy a Wi-U, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate should keep me busy at least until MH4 is localized..
Right Oichi?

fates

Whoa, didn't see that trailer until now. Very nice.

Bit of an aside, what armors is everyone planning on using? I think I'm gonna go with Rathalos (red), Barioth and Zinogre mostly.

Boogiepop

It looks like the Pro Controller is a preorder bonus for the capcom store? So... despite the games being almost identical, they're seriously going to be just going with a straight up $20 price hike for the console version? That's... not so good in terms of pricing, heh. Of course I have to buy the more expensive one just so I can have online.

Any idea how the Capcom store is? May as well get a free pro controller out of this.

Edit: ...And I was thinking that was the WiiU Pro controller, but it looks like it's the Wii one? Ugh. Value continues to get worse, heh.

It looks like the Pro Controller is a preorder bonus for the capcom store? So... despite the games being almost identical, they're seriously going to be just going with a straight up $20 price hike for the console version? That's... not so good in terms of pricing, heh. Of course I have to buy the more expensive one just so I can have online.

Any idea how the Capcom store is? May as well get a free pro controller out of this.

Its not a pro controller its classic controller pro

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Edit: ...And I was thinking that was the WiiU Pro controller, but it looks like it's the Wii one? Ugh. Value continues to get worse, heh.

Yeah, just a Classic Controller Pro not a Pro Controller. With the before mentioned, it would have been a pretty nice package. Alas.

VICI0US

I've heard rumors of a collectors edition including the wii-u and 3DS games both. I'll likely hold out for that, gotta show MH the love it needs in the west.

ohlawd

1) Gross.
2) Sure.
3) Meh.
4) WAT.

I've heard rumors of a collectors edition including the wii-u and 3DS games both.

What rumours, can you provide a source for this?

Here on GAF we have been speculating recently about how awesome would be a limited edition including both games and some bonus stuff such an OSD CD, a book, action figures and so on, but those were just speclations on ourr part.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
You'd think people would be used to the $60 price tag by now.

I would have loved a '$40 budget' price, but there was no way I was expecting it. Capcom knows it can charge full price for the title and the core fans in the west will still eat it up. They're not charging me a monthly fee for their servers either, so I am willing to pay it for my 800 hours of online time I'll put in.

Top Bottom